Claws: Forcefield vs Adamantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
1. Sue Storm shapes her forcefield into Wolverine-like claws. Would these be as efficient and deadly, or moreso, than Logan's adamantium claws? Sue's strength is a factor here.

2. Wolverine has forcefield claws instead of adamantium ones. Could he now cut through/pierce things he couldn't before?

3. Wolverine now has shaped ("bladed"wink forcefields over his adamantium claws. How effective is this enhancement?

HulkIsHulk
1. No, it won't. Especially if Sue decides to rely on her strength (which would be pretty stupid btw) which is not even Olympic human while Wolverine has low level superhuman strength
2. Nope, unless those forcefields are some kind of cut-through-atoms kind of field, even then it's no sue hit, just like the metal claws.
3. Depends on the forcefield. I would see it as more of a hinderance. Though gives logan greater options in a melee fight, now he's also got adamantium billyclubs in his hands

zopzop
I think Adamantium > IW's forcefields.
1) They are less efficient. Adamantium is more durable than her forcefields and her human level strength won't add much.
2) No. Adamantium > IW's forcefields
3) The only thing it would add is increased durability to his claws, since you'd have to break through the FF to even begin to affect his claws.

Henry_Pym
Depends, her FF is super effective vs Celestials and wolverine could do little more than scratch off the mud from thier boots.

riv6672
No.

No.

Not at all.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
No.

No.

Not at all.

thumb up

Mindship
Interesting. The general consensus (so far, anyway) surprises me: I would've thought Sue's forcefields would've been more highly regarded. For a while now, my impression has been that Sue is often considered the most powerful FF member, given what she can do with her forcefields.

BTW, everyone, thanks for responding. Usually my threads die on the spot.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindship
For a while now, my impression has been that Sue is often considered the most powerful FF member, given what she can do with her forcefields.

Of course she's the most powerful member of the FF but that doesn't mean her FFs are as durable as adamantium. IW's FF collapsed under the strain of WWH's beating, yet Wolverine's skull was just fine after repeated, brutal blows from WWH.

I'm sure there's more examples.

riv6672
Her force field isnt a cutting weapon, sorry.

StiltmanFTW
Her force field isnt a cutting weapon, sorry.
It can and has been used as such. She even made a sword and sliced a Brood with it. It's just not on par with adamantium.

Mindship
Her force field isnt a cutting weapon, sorry. See, this is the thing (no pun): can't she shape her forcefields into sharp or pointy constructs? (IIRC, she has on occasion.) And given that her forcefields are made of energy, not matter/atoms, wouldn't she be able to hone those constructs to subatomic sharpness?

-K-M-
Originally posted by zopzop
Of course she's the most powerful member of the FF but that doesn't mean her FFs are as durable as adamantium. IW's FF collapsed under the strain of WWH's beating, yet Wolverine's skull was just fine after repeated, brutal blows from WWH.

I'm sure there's more examples.

Luke cage popped her bubble too

zopzop
Originally posted by -K-M-
Luke cage popped her bubble too
Let me guess, Bendis?

-K-M-
Originally posted by zopzop
Let me guess, Bendis?

Naaaaaa it was in the 80-90s. Cage was being controlled by the Puppet Master

StiltmanFTW
Back then, her shields got destroyed by Iron Man too, correct?

-K-M-
More then likely. It's been the past decade or so where they elevated her even further

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
See, this is the thing (no pun): can't she shape her forcefields into sharp or pointy constructs? (IIRC, she has on occasion.) And given that her forcefields are made of energy, not matter/atoms, wouldn't she be able to hone those constructs to subatomic sharpness?
I'll stand corrected on her making cutting tools, no big. As to how effective they'd be, i's wager...
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It can and has been used as such. She even made a sword and sliced a Brood with it. It's just not on par with adamantium.

-K-M-
shifty

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/FantasticFour169-11.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.