Ulic-Qel Droma (Freedon Nadd Uprising) vs Darth Nihl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
Ulic at the end of the Freedon Nadd Uprising, when he was still a Jedi.

Darth Nihl in his prime.

Who wins?

ILS
Nihl.

AncientPower
Ulic Qel-Droma, as a Jedi he was the best swordsman in the Order. His shitstomping of Warb Null and Ommin was very impressive.

The Merchant
Ulic was already on his way of becoming the strongest Jedi in his era.

Based
You could make the argument that he already was considering that Nomi doesn't have a lot of combat feats.

ILS
>implying that elevates him above Nihl who was Krayt's best duelist

The Merchant
TOTJ era has guys like Thon who can force an entire Force nexus of Ambria that was originally planetary to be the size of Lake Natth.

ILS
I fail to see how that helps Ulic in a duel.

AncientPower
Because he is the best duelist from an Order that not forty years later is stated to be the most experienced and well-trained in combat ever, including the PT.

Col. Valerian
Other than Cade Nihl never faced a truly powerful opponent. Did he?

AncientPower
He had to batman Kol Skywalker whom was soloing his army.

ILS
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Other than Cade Nihl never faced a truly powerful opponent. Did he? >implying we're meant to ignore his fight against Cade

He mainly fought Cade, but what you need to understand is that Nihl's position as Krayt's top enforcer puts him ahead of some very skilled people. Lesser members of the Order, Darths Kruhl and Havok, gave even fights to the two best Imperial Knights (Antares and Roan) in lightsaber combat. Antares is rocking feats like wiping out 5 Sith in one comic panel, being one of the few who survived the invasion on the hidden Jedi temple (essentially taking on dozens of Sith and Sith troopers at a time), and basically leading the army of Imperial Knights who finally wiped out the One Sith in a battle comprised of hundreds on either side. He's an elite duelist, yet he essentially stalemated with Roan and Havok, who are both confirmed as being below Nihl.

Nihl's also considered better than Talon, who's rocking feats like getting the upper hand against Shado Vao and Wolf Sazen at the same time (both capable of soloing groups of Sith at a time, and Shado also held his own against a Vong Warrior, which is insane when you consider the second Vong had Cade pinned to the floor in the same circumstances). Nihl also destroyed Sazen the first time they fought, utterly and completely.

TL;DR, there's a reason Nihl is the only person outside of Krayt to give Cade a seriously good fight in Legacy. I like Ulic too, but he doesn't have the feats at this point in time to justify outskilling Nihl. Nihl's feats are more impressive and better documented.
Originally posted by AncientPower
Because he is the best duelist from an Order that not forty years later is stated to be the most experienced and well-trained in combat ever, including the PT. I've only seen quotes saying he is "perhaps" the greatest of his time, and I believe even that quote is post-Nadd Uprising. Either way, pretending that is somehow enough to put Ulic ahead of Nihl is just silly.

ILS
He had to batman Kol Skywalker whom was soloing his army. And this is where I stop taking you seriously.

AncientPower
So him avoiding Kol and then slamming him in the back with a burst of Force Lightning whilst he was busy adding to the small hill of dead Sith he was stood on is ignorable? Sorry Jensaarai1 but I don't particularly care how seriously you take me.

ILS
So him avoiding Kol and then slamming him in the back with a burst of Force Lightning whilst he was busy adding to the small hill of dead Sith he was stood on is ignorable? 1. Your logic is lolworthy. Kol doing well against a group of Sith by himself is why he is a badass. Ulic would have died under the same circumstances.

2. Yes, it's ignorable, because Nihl wasn't actively avoiding him. He just killed him at an opportune moment. Acting like that event alone rules out Nihl's chances of winning this thread is quite simply retarded. Unless you want me to post up some scans of Ulic losing to a f*cking training droid? laughing out loud
You're just mad my videos make your posts look like alphabet spaghetti nigga.

AncientPower
I am basing nothing off of Nihl's preference to engage Kol indirectly, I am merely contributing to Valerian's request for top dogs he has actually fought.

But hey if you want to go around calling others retarded for not sharing your divine wisdom, have fun in that schoolyard.

ILS
Ah, you make it too easy sometimes Ancient.
I am basing nothing off of Nihl's preference to engage Kol indirectly, I am merely contributing to Valerian's request for top dogs he has actually fought.

But hey if you want to go around calling others retarded for not sharing your divine wisdom, have fun in that schoolyard. 1.

>basing nothing on Kol fight
>discussion then becomes redundant
>or bullshitting because your logic sucked

>didn't call you retarded
>called your argument retarded

AncientPower
My logic does not 'suck', fact is Nihl didn't take on Kol directly, instead he struck him in the back with Force Lightning, presumably because he saw Kol was kicking their collective asses and didn't want any part of that. Redundant in terms of answering Col. Valerian's question? nope.

Calling someone's argument retarded implies they themselves are retarded by extension.

Try harder Jenny.

NewGuy01
There is one distinct difference between calling an argument retarded and calling it's creator such. And that's that there's hope for you yet, Power; the chance of glorious redemption. The same cannot be said for your argument.

ILS
My logic does not 'suck', fact is Nihl didn't take on Kol directly, instead he struck him in the back with Force Lightning, presumably because he saw Kol was kicking their collective asses and didn't want any part of that. Redundant in terms of answering Col. Valerian's question? nope. So you're making an assumption based on nothing, is what you're telling me? Cool man. You're good at this.
Not by necessity, but if you're this determined to be offended then the shoe is there to step in, amigo.
Subscribe or gtfo.
---
Anyway, I'm glad we've established that Nihl wins. thumb up

AncientPower
Based on the fact Nihl had preo and could have Malgus' d his ass if he had the disposition for it, if he was as great as he was supposed to be he should have been able to take Kol head on, not allow dozens if not hundreds of his men to get lolstomped first.

I am merely pointing out the logical fallacy you walked into by attempting to separate the two. Not that it matters because you misunderstood the point that statement was making anyway.

Nihl wins when he has speed feats on Ulic tier and proves he is Baas tier with that pike, which he is clearly using to compensate for something with.

ILS
Based on the fact Nihl had preo and could have Malgus' d his ass if he had the disposition for it, if he was as great as he was supposed to be he should have been able to take Kol head on, not allow dozens if not hundreds of his men to get lolstomped first. So now you are using it as the basis for an argument. Good, it took you a few posts but we're finally here. Here's my rebuttal:

Nihl is as great as he's supposed to be. Kol is just a monster. A monster that Nihl decided to wipe out with lightning. Not seeing how this affects this thread, unless Ulic's da greaterst jerdai evur quote applies to Kol as well now? laughing out loud

Ignorance is no excuse either. I've gone into adequate detail on Nihl's feats.

Also, source for Kol killing "dozens if not hundreds" of Sith? I counted 6. So did Cade.
What logical fallacy? I can call your argument retarded without calling you retarded by extension. Your argument can end up being retarded for a number of reasons; a lack of information; glaring bias at the roots; you're having an off day. You sure are making a big deal out of something you're not right about laughing out loud

I didn't misunderstand anything, because as we've discovered in your latest post, the point about Kol was to demonstrate that Nihl "isn't as great as he is".
How about being in the same speed tier as Krayt?
Let's see.. oh, wait. I already posted Nihl's feats. You know what would be great, though? If you demonstrated why Vodo's feats with his staff correlate to Uprising!Ulic.
Probably. There is a bit of that going around.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4479247-saberstaff+reveal.png

AncientPower
You applied it to the main topic despite the fact I was pointing out that he batman'd Kol in answer to Valerian's post.

Kol and Cade killed dozens of Sith, sith troopers and more, before Kol went all Leonidas.

I am nit making a big deal, you were the one who started on about whether you take me seriously, as if I cared in the first place. Then you stated my argument was retarded because you misplaced the topic it was going over.

You did and continue to misunderstand that it was in reply to Valerian's question, not an argument for Ulic.

Nihl is not in the same speed tier as Krayt, he isn't even Wyyrlok III tier.

Because Jedi Ulic was the best swordsman in the Order at one point.

ILS
You applied it to the main topic despite the fact I was pointing out that he batman'd Kol in answer to Valerian's post. You applied it to the main topic when you started talking about how it affects Nihl as a fighter. Just break your keyboard already, brobiscuit.
I find it hard to believe they killed any Sith Troopers, considering they only first graced the battlefield over seven years after the Massacre at Ossus. Yeno, in Legacy: War? laughing out loud

Source for Cade and Kol killing dozens though? I wouldn't mind having that Legacy wank as much as I wouldn't mind you being wrong again.
So you both concede that there was no logical fallacy on my part, and are still denying that the point about Kol was a jab at Nihl's ability as a fighter relative to this thread even after stating as much? Holy shit, bro. laughing out loud
So the discussion about "powerful characters Nihl has fought" was never intended to help build a case for why he's inferior to Ulic? I wish I could bullshit this much without feeling guilty.
Considering he had a lengthy fight with the same Cade Skywalker who had an almost equivalently lengthy fight with Krayt, I fail to see how Nihl isn't in Krayt's general speed tier. I'm loling at Wyyrlok III of all people being more than a tier ahead of Nihl in regards to speed though. Literally all he's done is exchange a few blows with Krayt among some other loosely combative Force feats. This is another example of a retarded argument. Try not to get too beat up about this one though thumb up

Also, I'm dying to hear what logic you're using for Ulic's speed being a deciding factor against Nihl.
You keep saying that. I'm wondering where the source is. I'd love to stick it in my Ulic respect thread. Unless you're bullshitting again?

Maybe you just don't know how providing a source works? Lemme give you an example.

Nihl was Krayt's top enforcer and assassin, so I'm not seeing why Ulic's hype is superior, especially if you compare the feats of the people they are actually better than.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4533747-nihl+entry+%281%29.png

--Source: Legacy #0.5

It's not too difficult.

SunRazer
Sources claim Kun as a Jedi was the best swordsman in the Order. Ulic was about his equal, though.

And Nihl wins out against this version of Ulic.

Q99
I feel Vodo should solidly be better than *this* Ulic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.