Kurse vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Kurse

vs

Hulk

Latest showings from Hulk included.

Genesis-Soldier
tough one, kurse seems a bit slower (a bit) but has feats like knocking away mjolnir and only getting killed/ damaged by a freak'n black hole.

59% kurse 41% hulk (havent seen AVENGES 2 so this is based off what i have seen so far)

Genesis-Soldier
if hulk is even faster this time around then 53% hulk 47% kurse

Scoobless
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
tough one, kurse seems a bit slower (a bit) but has feats like knocking away mjolnir and only getting killed/ damaged by a freak'n black hole.

Loki stabbed him with a sword.

Past Kurses were seen to be killed with spears.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Scoobless
Loki stabbed him with a sword.

Past Kurses were seen to be killed with spears.

That's not what killed him though. He didn't even seem hurt by a sword sticking out of him.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

carver9
Hulk wins. I forgot about the sword stab.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk wins. I forgot about the sword stab.

Not really. Does Hulk have a sword?

FrothByte
Based on their showings against Thor, Kurse wins.

The Sorrow
Hulk wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulk wins.

No not really, he beat Thor in H2H, who was able to match Hulk in H2H, he is vastly stronger than Thor which means he is stronger then Hulk.

Nibedicus
Kurse

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
No not really, he beat Thor in H2H, who was able to match Hulk in H2H, he is vastly stronger than Thor which means he is stronger then Hulk.
Fail abc logic.

Kurse was more impressive in his beatdown of Thor but both guys were noticeably stronger than Thor, and both guys wore him down. Even if Kurse was slightly above Hulk to begin with, Hulk would grow more powerful as the fight goes on and eventually win.

Time Immemorial
Fail abc logic.

Kurse was more impressive in his beatdown of Thor but both guys were noticeably stronger than Thor, and both guys wore him down. Even if Kurse was slightly above Hulk to begin with, Hulk would grow more powerful as the fight goes on and eventually win.

Nope, he hasn't shown to get stronger the madder he gets in any movie cept 2003. Sure we could apply a no limits falllacy from then, however the past 3 movies he's been in, that has been out the window..he was fully raging in his fight with HB and got his teeth knocked out.

Kurse wins.

The Sorrow
Nope, he hasn't shown to get stronger the madder he gets in any movie cept 2003. Sure we could apply a no limits falllacy from then, however the past 3 movies he's been in, that has been out the window..he was fully raging in his fight with HB and got his teeth knocked out.

Kurse wins.
He absolutely did in his fight with Abomination, being overpowered, eyes glow green when he being trash talked and then physically overpowers Blonsky. Knocking Hulks tooth out? It was nothing to him, he spat that s**t out and kept it moving.

Time Immemorial
He absolutely did in his fight with Abomination, being overpowered, eyes glow green when he being trash talked and then physically overpowers Blonsky. Knocking Hulks tooth out? It was nothing to him, he spat that s**t out and kept it moving.

Like I said he was fully raging in his latest showing and was not amping any further. If you want to apply a no limits fallacy from that small showing Blonsky sure do so, however Kurse will TKO him and knock out some more of his teeth. Show me any amp's in his past two showing that gives you this "oh he'll just amp."

The Sorrow
Like I said he was fully raging in his latest showing and was not amping any further. If you want to apply a no limits fallacy of Blonsky sure do so, however Kurse will TKO him and knock out some more of his teeth.
What proof do you have his amping wasn't at play? Maybe it was. I don't think it's a coincidence that Hulk eventually starts to dominate all of his fights even though they're competitive in the beginning. You were also proved wrong that his amping ability DOES exist. You really think Marvel are going to put Hulk on the big screen without his main superpower? Something he is iconic for? Ridiculous.

Lol you mean like how Kurse ko'd Thor? Oh wait...

Do you have an obsession with teeth? He could knock all of Hulks teeth out it wouldn't make a difference and won't stop him.

Time Immemorial
What proof do you have his amping wasn't at play? Maybe it was. I don't think it's a coincidence that Hulk eventually starts to dominate all of his fights even though they're competitive in the beginning. You were also proved wrong that his amping ability DOES exist. You really think Marvel are going to put Hulk on the big screen without his main superpower? Something he is iconic for? Ridiculous.

Lol you mean like how Kurse ko'd Thor? Oh wait...

Do you have an obsession with teeth? He could knock all of Hulks teeth out it wouldn't make a difference and won't stop him.

I was proved wrong? Lol, no

Kurse is massively stronger and a better H2H fighter. Even if Hulk could amp to Kurse's level it would take time and he was fully amped and bloodlusted against HB and lost. And if he did equal him in strength, like I said, Kurse is a better fighter in H2H.

Kurse wins.

The Sorrow
I was proved wrong? Lol, no

Kurse is massively stronger and a better H2H fighter. Even if Hulk could amp to Kurse's level it would take time and he was fully amped and bloodlusted against HB and lost. And if he did equal him in strength, like I said, Kurse is a better fighter in H2H.

Kurse wins.
Yes. Hulk DOES grow stronger as he gets angry.

Stronger? Sure I can accept that, but massively stronger based on what? Throwing a boulder? Hulk did that in 2003 film. Punching Thor across the landscape? Hulk punched Thor across the helicarrier. Instead of throwing Thor around he could have ground n pounded him like Kurse did and had the same result.

Blonsky was a better fighter than Hulk, Thor was a better fighter than him too but Hulk still beat down the both of them.

Time Immemorial
Yes. Hulk DOES grow stronger as he gets angry.

Stronger? Sure I can accept that, but massively stronger based on what? Throwing a boulder? Hulk did that in 2003 film. Punching Thor across the landscape? Hulk punched Thor across the helicarrier. Instead of throwing Thor around he could have ground n pounded him like Kurse did and had the same result.

Blonsky was a better fighter than Hulk, Thor was a better fighter than him too but Hulk still beat down the both of them.

I feel like me are not understanding each other.

I said he was bloodlusted and fully enraged. There is no denying this..you will have a hard time proving he can amp past that state..

Your claim is Hulk can continue to amp, however I deny this and have disproved it above.

Kurse would wipe the floor with Abom as well.

Kurse will win based on his strength and H2H. He was literally immune to Thor's punches. It took a black hole to stop him, where is it took punching Hulk in face to stop him.

carver9

I said he was bloodlusted and fully enraged. There is no denying this..you will have a hard time proving he can amp past that state..

Kurse will win based on his strength and H2H.

Your claim is Hulk can continue to amp, however I deny this and have disproved it above.

The proof is on you that he can't amp when pissed. Not Sorrow since everyone and their grandma knows that amping is his main ability.

Time Immemorial
The proof is on you that he can't amp when pissed. Not Sorrow since everyone and their grandma knows that amping is his main ability.

If he could have amped past his bloodlusted stage, pretty sure he would have, he lost the fight cause he was maxxed out.

He has barely amped in any significant fashion that would pose a threat to Kurse.

Sorry, thats facts.

And not just brute strength wins a fight, Kurse is a better fighter.

carver9
If he could have amped past his bloodlusted stage, pretty sure he would have, he lost the fight cause he was maxxed out.

I posted the fight. Hulk wasn't in a rage or paying Ironman any attention when Ironman koed him. The spell was broken. Hulk was shocked at what he saw when the spell dispersed. Why can't you grasp this?

Time Immemorial
I posted the fight. Hulk wasn't in a rage or paying Ironman any attention when Ironman koed him. The spell was broken. Hulk was shocked at what he saw when the spell dispersed. Why can't you grasp this?

You can't grasp that during the whole fight he had time to amp past his present level..quit relying on his stunned moment where he was dizzy to try and prove he was going to amp.

Inhuman
IMO - Casually swatting away Mjolnir , overpowering its magical enhancement >>> Anything Hulk has shown in the MCU thus far.

carver9

He has barely amped in any significant fashion that would pose a threat to Kurse.

Sorry, thats facts.

And not just brute strength wins a fight, Kurse is a better fighter.

He showed far better fts than Kurse strength and durability wise. Kurse got stabbed through by Loki while Hulk is tanking being thrown through buildings and having thousands of tons on him. There's a difference in power there my friend.

carver9
Originally posted by Inhuman
IMO - Casually swatting away Mjolnir , overpowering its magical enhancement >>> Anything Hulk has shown in the MCU thus far.

So the enchantment is in effect when the hammer is thrown? Where did you get that from?

Time Immemorial
He showed far better fts than Kurse strength and durability wise. Kurse got stabbed through by Loki while Hulk is tanking being thrown through buildings and having thousands of tons on him. There's a difference in power there my friend.

And Hulk got owned by Chitari laser fire laughing

Him being stabbed means nothing, it didn't even affect him.

carver9
You can't grasp that during the whole fight he had time to amp past his present level..quit relying on his stunned moment where he was dizzy to try and prove he was going to amp.

Where are you getting he didn't amp during the fight? That's what I'm trying to figure out here. I don't understand what you mean by the rest of your post. Didn't make sense.

Inhuman
So the enchantment is in effect when the hammer is thrown? Where did you get that from?

Hulk failed to lift or affect the trajectory of Mjolnir when Thor threw it at him. Did you see Hulk trying to cath it, and Hulk getting overpowered by mjolnir and then dragged in the direction mjolnir was traveling?
Nothing has even affected that enhancement in the slightest in the MCU so far. Except Kurse.

carver9
And Hulk got owned by Chitari laser fire laughing

Him being stabbed means nothing, it didn't even affect him.

So the laser fire knocked him out? Please post this.

Him being stabbed shows how durable he is and he isn't as durable as Hulk and he doesn't have the strength fts Hulk have either.

carver9
Hulk failed to lift or affect the trajectory of Mjolnir when Thor threw it at him.
Nothing has even affected that in the slightest in the MCU so far. Except Kurse.

Theres a difference in both showings. Hulk tried to hold Mjlonir in his hand, Kurse slapped it. Are you saying Kurse could pick up Mjonir?

Time Immemorial
So the laser fire knocked him out? Please post this.

Him being stabbed shows how durable he is and he isn't as durable as Hulk and he doesn't have the strength fts Hulk have either.

Carver, Hulk lost to HB and some teeth.

Give up your hate.

Inhuman
Theres a difference in both showings. Hulk tried to hold Mjlonir in his hand, Kurse slapped it. Are you saying Kurse could pick up Mjonir?

Are you saying Hulk could casually swat away Mjolnir?

Time Immemorial

He didn't say that, strawman..

Nibedicus
The proof is on you that he can't amp when pissed.

Shame on you, carver. Asking someone to prove a negative.

You should know better than that.

Also, Hulk has never gotten stabbed by an Asgardian/Dark Elven weapon before. And Kurse never gotten blasted by Chitauri weaponry. Kurse never fought Hulkbuster nor Iron Man and comparing the two based on such showings is doing apples to oranges.

The only available benchmark that we can use is Thor and from that, Kurse did better.

carver9
Carver, Hulk lost to HB and some teeth.

Give up your hate.

laughing out loud So your only argument is Hulk having a tooth knocked out? Lol...that didn't even slow him down. He smiled afterwards and started stomping Ironman. Let's say if Kurse knock Hulk tooth out...Andre you saying that's a win for Kurse?

Hulk loss because he was blind sided when he realized what happened and didn't even know he was in a fight when the spell wore off. Lol...you're trying to hard to downplay Hulk here. Just sit back and think about it for a hit before responding to my post.

Time Immemorial
laughing out loud So your only argument is Hulk having a tooth knocked out? Lol...that didn't even slow him down. He smiled afterwards and started stomping Ironman. Let's say if Kurse knock Hulk tooth out...Andre you saying that's a win for Kurse?

Hulk loss because he was blind sided when he realized what happened and didn't even know he was in a fight when the spell wore off. Lol...you're trying to hard to downplay Hulk here. Just sit back and think about it for a hit before responding to my post.

No you said yesterday that even though fully bloodlusted losing to HB was a low showing, you refuse to accept he lost.

Shame on you.

carver9
Are you saying Hulk could casually swat away Mjolnir?

Hulk was trying to hold Mjlonir which goes against the enchantment. Kurse slapped it away from him. There's a huge difference and yes, Hulk can slap Mjlonir away from him. I don't see a reason why he couldn't since that doesn't go against the enchantment.

carver9
No you said yesterday that Hulk even though fully bloodlusted was a low showing to Hulk cause he lost against HB..you refuse to accept he lost.

Shame on you.

When did I say it was a low showing because it isn't. I understood what happened during the film. I don't think you grasp the ending of the fight though. Take a long hard look and you'll see what happened.

Time Immemorial
Hulk was trying to hold Mjlonir which goes against the enchantment. Kurse slapped it away from him. There's a huge difference and yes, Hulk can slap Mjlonir away from him. I don't see a reason why he couldn't since that doesn't go against the enchantment.

Proof he could slap it away? laughing

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Obvious he can amp. Look at his fight against Abomination.

Inhuman
yes, Hulk can slap Mjlonir away from him. I don't see a reason why he couldn't

I disagree. There is no proof he can.

Anyway , from what we seen in the MCU so far:

Kurse overpowered Mjolnir. Hulk got overpowered by Mjolnir.

carver9
I disagree. There is no proof he can.

Anyway , from what we seen in the MCU so far:

Kurse overpowered Mjolnir. Hulk got overpowered by Mjolnir.

So Kurse can lift Mjlonir up?

Time Immemorial

You have zero proof that that small amp brought him to a higher showing then his enraged bloodlusted state.

Time Immemorial

Strawman again.

Zack Fair
Carver is going full carter.

Stop bashing Hulk you guys.

Inhuman

I dont know if he can. Just like there is no proof that Hulk can swat away Mjlonir. I know Kurse can overpower the hammer in some form though. Thats more than I can say of the hulk.

But basing from what we seen in the films.

I be more incline to say Kurse can lift Mjlonir , than for me to say that Hulk can sway away the hammer.

carver9
You have zero proof that that small amp brought him to a higher showing then his enraged bloodlusted state.

no expression

Now you're being unrealistic here. He went from getting thrashed by Abomination to overpowering him when they were on the wall. OVERPOWERING HIM.

Time Immemorial
I dont know if he can. Just like there is no proof that Hulk can swat away Mjlonir.

I be more incline to say Kurse can lift Mjlonir , than for me to say that Hulk can sway away the hammer.

I would be more inclined as well as he treated it like a fly, what we have absolute proof of is Hulk can't lift it or swat it away, when actually he is the one getting swatted with it.

carver9
I dont know if he can. Just like there is no proof that Hulk can swat away Mjlonir.

Ok, your argument doesn't make any sense. Stay consistent. You said Kurse bypassed Mjlonir enchantment. What does that mean to you? Doesn't it mean he should be able to lift it? Please don't say no.

carver9
I would be more inclined as well as he treated it like a fly, what we have absolute proof of is Hulk can't lift it or swat it away, when actually he is the one getting swatted with it.

Did Kurse overpower Mjlonir enchantment?

Time Immemorial
no expression

Now you're being unrealistic here. He went from getting thrashed by Abomination to overpowering him when they were on the wall. OVERPOWERING HIM.

Kurse is leagues above Abom so it really does not matter. And Kurse would put Hulk down before he amped high enough, and like I said, Kurse is better in H2H, so strength is not always enough.

He tore through Thor and the hammer where is Hulk got owned by the hammer and Thor.

Time Immemorial

Did Hulk?

I see you logged off. Come back when you cool down, and well start again. Appears you can amp more then Hulk these days.

Nibedicus

Post vid and timestamped comparisons to prove amp pls?

Haven't seen the fight in a while but from memory it only felt like he got more savage the angrier he got. But I could be wrong.

Inhuman

Does it matter? He overpowered the hammer in some form. Swatting it away like nothing. Thats is more than Hulk ever did. In fact from what we saw, Mjonir overpowered the Hulk. Hulk tried to grab it and the hammer dragged his ass along with it in the direction it was going. Hulk didnt affect its flight path in the slightness.

carver9
Does it matter? He overpowered the hammer in some form. Swatting it away like nothing. Thats is more than Hulk ever did. In fact from what we saw, Mjonir overpowered the Hulk. Hulk tried to grab it and the hammer dragged his ass along with it in the direction it was going. Hulk didnt affect its flight path in the slightness.

So Hulk trying to lift Mjlonir is the same as Kurse slapping it out of the way? laughing out loud

If slapping Mjlonir have nothing to with the enchantment, what makes slapping Mjlonir out of the way impressive and above Hulk. Does the hammer in this thrown effect have a strength ft I am unaware of?

Time Immemorial
So Hulk trying to lift Mjlonir is the same as Kurse slapping it out of the way? laughing out loud

If slapping Mjlonir have nothing to with the enchantment, what makes slapping Mjlonir out of the way impressive and above Hulk. Does the hammer in this thrown effect have a strength ft I am unaware of?

You are attempting to weasel out of the obvious.

Kurse>Hammer>Hulk

Its that simple.

Zack Fair

Haven't seen the fight in a while but from memory it only felt like he got more savage the angrier he got. But I could be wrong. He got stronger and he did manage to overpower Abomination, but it wasn't easy for him, and it took him a long ass time to reach that point.

Which is why I think Tony was able to knock his ass around even KO him. Movie Hulk doesn't amp fast enough.

Kind of makes sense, and in a way I like it. Although Hulk is now being treated like a ***** when he isn't.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He got stronger and he did manage to overpower Abomination, but it wasn't easy for him, and it took him a long ass time to reach that point.

Which is why I think Tony was able to knock his ass around even KO him. Movie Hulk doesn't amp fast enough.

Kind of makes sense, and in a way I like it. Although Hulk is now being treated like a ***** when he isn't.

Also when he did have some of his best amping feats it didn't help him much against his dad in 2003.

carver9

Haven't seen the fight in a while but from memory it only felt like he got more savage the angrier he got. But I could be wrong.

mad you could've youtube this vid. Anyways...in the beginning of the fight Abomination overpowers Hulk and almost one shots him. That isn't the important part though. Fast forward to 5 min and 50 sec. Hulk and Abomination charge each other and Abomination wins this and slams him to the wall. Hulk tries to overpower Abomination arms, not working. All of a sudden l he gains the strength to overpower Abominationand get free of the hold.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z02M17sXzGQ

Look at the end of the fight. Abomination licks was doing nothing to the Hulk while Hulk was still strangling him.

laughing out loud him going Savage? WTF does that even mean. Really? Like for real.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He got stronger and he did manage to overpower Abomination, but it wasn't easy for him, and it took him a long ass time to reach that point.

So his anger against Tony was the same as his anger against Abomination? Two different pissed levels.

Time Immemorial
So his anger against Tony was the same as his anger against Abomination? Two different pissed levels.

LOL good luck proving his bloodlusted level was below his "Amped" fight with Abom was tooling him until the very last 10-15 seconds.

HB would wipe with floor with Abom.

carver9
LOL good luck proving his bloodlusted level was below his "Amped" fight with Abom was tooling him until the very last 10-15 seconds.

HB would wipe with floor with Abom.

confused

I'm so confused.

Inhuman
Ok forget lifting. Did Hulk affect Mjlonir's trajectory in any way? This is before Mjlonir hits the floor. If he didnt then , what Kurse did > What Hulk accomplished - While Mjlonir was in flight.

It makes it impressive because Hulk didnt do anything remotely close to what kurse did to the hammer while in flight.
The only "feat" the hammer has had consistently throughout all the MCU films is that, It has never been lifted by anyone besides Thor, Odin & Vision or having its trajectory affected by anything......except Kurse.

Time Immemorial
confused

I'm so confused.

You stating that he has two levels now, a amped level and a blood lusted level and trying to downplay one, and overhype the other..

No not happening. Maybe in your world, but not reality.

Bloodlusted is as high as it gets around these parts, partner..

carver9
Ok forget lifting. Did Hulk affect Mjlonir's trajectory in any way? This is before Mjlonir hits the floor. If he didnt then , what Kurse did > What Hulk accomplished - While Mjlonir was in flight.

It makes it impressive because Hulk didnt do anything remotely close to what kurse did to the hammer.
The only "feat" the hammer has had consistently throughout all the MCU films is that, It has never been lifted or its trajectory affected by anything......except Kurse.

Ok. I think I should've worded this different because I don't think you are getting it. Let's put Kurse in Hulk shoes. Do you think Kurse could have caught and held on to Mjlonir when Thor threw it? Simple question. That's what Hulk tried to do. He tried to hold on to Mjlonir...bypass the enchantment. Do you think Kurse could have grabbed the hammer like Hulk did and held on to it? Simple question. If not, what do you think would've happened once Kurse grabbed Mjlonir out of the air? Not slap it, we are talking about holding it (ya know, like Hulk did).

Time Immemorial

Also, Hulk has never gotten stabbed by an Asgardian/Dark Elven weapon before. And Kurse never gotten blasted by Chitauri weaponry. Kurse never fought Hulkbuster nor Iron Man and comparing the two based on such showings is doing apples to oranges.

The only available benchmark that we can use is Thor and from that, Kurse did better.

You bring up a good point, which Carver ignored.

Nibedicus
mad you could've youtube this vid. Anyways...in the beginning of the fight Abomination overpowers Hulk and almost one shots him. That isn't the important part though. Fast forward to 5 min and 50 sec. Hulk and Abomination charge each other and Abomination wins this and slams him to the wall. Hulk tries to overpower Abomination arms, not working. All of a sudden l he gains the strength to overpower Abomination Abomination and get free of the hold.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z02M17sXzGQ

Look at the end of the fight. Abomination licks was doing nothing to the Hulk while Hulk was still strangling him.

laughing out loud him going Savage. WTF does that even mean. Really? Like for real.

Looks to me he powered out of a hold due to adrenaline and desperation.

Action heroes do that all the time in movies.. Hardly proof of "amping" as a power. But if you wanna go by this, then the upper limits of said "amping" don't seem to be enough to be relevant in this fight.

Watching the fight again and gotta say, MAN this version of Hulk was weaksauce....

"Savage" meaning that he tends to ignore pain/exhaustion more and attacks more rapidly and uses more brutal attacks. Can't believe you need clarification on what that means as you used to rep Wolverine didn't you?

The Sorrow

Kurse will win based on his strength and H2H.

Hulk being "fully enraged" doesn't even make sense btw but whatever.

In that mindless state he was barely hurt by the Hulkbuster suit (which was also clearly stronger than Thor), he bloody ran through its repulsor beams like nothing and was unharmed by a skyscraper being dropped on his head.

Evidence is there that Hulk can amp, how fast is anyones guess but he CAN amp as shown in Incredible hulk. Just because it isn't spoon fed to you like it is in the comics doesn't mean it isn't at play. As I said, in both fights against Thor and HB he seemed to grow more powerful as the fight went on which suggests that it is. If Asgardian weapons can slice Kurse up and outright kill others, I don't see why Hulk can't eventually get angry enough to tear it apart.

carver9
You stating that he has two levels now, a amped level and a blood lusted level and trying to downplay one, and overhype the other..

No not happening. Maybe in your world, but not reality.

Bloodlusted is as high as it gets around these parts, partner..

You said he couldn't amp, I said he could. Now you are asking me if there are different levels of amping for Hulk? What in the world.

Time Immemorial
Ok. I think I should've worded this different because I don't think you are getting it. Let's put Kurse in Hulk shoes. Do you think Kurse could have caught and held on to Mjlonir when Thor threw it? Simple question. That's what Hulk tried to do. He tried to hold on to Mjlonir...bypass the enchantment. Do you think Kurse could have grabbed the hammer like Hulk did and held on to it? Simple question. If not, what do you think would've happened once Kurse grabbed Mjlonir out of the air? Not slap it, we are talking about holding it (ya know, like Hulk did).

Strawman, strawman, strawman..

Facts Hulk tried to have his way with the hammer. Hammer said no..

Time Immemorial
You said he couldn't amp, I said he could. Now you are asking me if there are different levels of amping for Hulk? What in the world.

Again what is your proof his amping goes beyond his bloodlusted level. You are trying to say his bloodlusting was not as high as he gets. Show proof he gets higher because his latest showing is as high as he gets..remember your favorite leviathan punch? You are trying to assume his small amp in TIH is above his bloodlusted levels.

Zack Fair
Also when he did have some of his best amping feats it didn't help him much against his dad in 2003. Yeah but his dad was practically feeding off him,wasn't he? So Hulk amping only made him stronger. Until he pulled a World Breaker and overwhelmed him anyway.

carver9
Looks to me he powered out of a hold due to adrenaline and desperation.

Action heroes do that all the time in movies.. Hardly proof of "amping" as a power. But if you wanna go by this, then the upper limits of said "amping" don't seem to be enough to be relevant in this fight.

Watching the fight again and gotta say, MAN this version of Hulk was weaksauce....

"Savage" meaning that he tends to ignore pain/exhaustion more and attacks more rapidly and uses more brutal attacks. Can't believe you need clarification on what that means as you used to rep Wolverine didn't you?

confused

Adrenalin rush. Ok. I didn't even read the rest. I guess if I got an adrenaline rush, I could knock out Mike Tyson out during his early yr or Brock and I weigh a buck 80 and 6'2. Good denial there my friend. No need to keep going with this (adrenalin rush, WTF...first he say Hulk went Savage (whatever that means) and now he is saying adrenalin rush...don't waste your time carver. Don't do it).

Inhuman

From what I seen Kurse do in Thor2, he would probably affected it in some way. Maybe catch it completely, or affect its flight in some way.

What I dont see happening is Kurse being dragged like a ragdoll like hulk was.

Time Immemorial
Hulk being "fully enraged" doesn't even make sense btw but whatever.

In that mindless state he was barely hurt by the Hulkbuster suit (which was also clearly stronger than Thor), he bloody ran through its repulsor beams like nothing and was unharmed by a skyscraper being dropped on his head.

Evidence is there that Hulk can amp, how fast is anyones guess but he CAN amp as shown in Incredible hulk. Just because it isn't spoon fed to you like it is in the comics doesn't mean it isn't at play. As I said, in both fights against Thor and HB he seemed to grow more powerful as the fight went on which suggests that it is. If Asgardian weapons can slice Kurse up and outright kill others, I don't see why Hulk can't eventually get angry enough to tear it apart.

His showings in TIH are not as impressive as Avengers. So using a weaker Hulk that could amp to a higher level in that movie, does not point to or make a stronger Hulk in this movie be able to amp anything further then beyond what we saw in his bloodlusted levels. You can't take a weaker hulk, and apply his amp to a stronger showing and double it. You can't have it both ways.

His latest showings in Avengers are his strongest showings. His bloodlusted level was stronger then any other showing. Plain and simple.

carver9
From what I seen Kurse do in Thor2, he would probably affected it in some way. Maybe catch it completely, or affect its flight in some way.

What I dont see happening is Kurse being dragged like a ragdoll like hulk was.

So you do agree with Kurse being able to overpower the enchantment because in order for him to catch it and hold on to it, he would have to overpower the enchantment. Lol...you are not getting it. There's not a single shed of proof that a thrown Mjlonir can not be slapped away from its target but there is proof that no one can HOLD Mjlonir unless they are worthy. You are basically saying Kurse is>>>>> Odin enchantment. I know your pride is in play here but I know deep down inside you feel that you are wrong here. Kurse isn't catching Mjlonir. He will NOT overpower Odin enchantment. That isn't happening and I know you know it isn't happening. No one Minus Thor is gripping Mjlonir. Now please find another argument to showcase Kurse strength.

Time Immemorial
There's not a single shed of proof that a thrown Mjlonir can not be slapped away

WHAT? laughing laughing laughing

There is proof, its called Kurse...

SMDH.

Dude, no matter how much spin you put on it, the hammer is above Hulk and not Kurse..

#onscreenfacts

Time Immemorial
No one Minus Thor is gripping Mjlonir.

I guess you need to watch the movie.

Cause Vision grabbed the hammer like a boss.

#sadhulkface

carver9
WHAT? laughing laughing laughing

There is proof, its called Kurse...

SMDH.

Dude, no matter how much spin you put on it, the hammer is above Hulk and not Kurse..

#onscreenfacts

confused

Read that sentence again.

Inhuman
So you do agree with Kurse being able to overpower the enchantment because in order for him to catch it and hold on to it, he would have to overpower the enchantment. Lol...you are not getting it. There's not a single shed of proof that a thrown Mjlonir can not be slapped away from its target but there is proof that no one can HOLD Mjlonir unless they are worthy. You are basically saying Kurse is>>>>> Odin enchantment. I know your pride is in play here but I know deep down inside you feel that you are wrong here. Kurse isn't catching Mjlonir. He will NOT overpower Odin enchantment. That isn't happening and I know you know it isn't happening. No one Minus Thor is gripping Mjlonir. Now please find another argument to showcase Kurse strength.

You are trying to weasel out of the obvious laughing out loud

So what proof do you have Hulk can replicate what Kurse did? At least I can back up my claims with actual movie feats.

carver9
I guess you need to watch the movie.

Cause Vision grabbed the hammer like a boss.

#sadhulkface

Vision is worthy.

Time Immemorial
LHM, like I said

His strongest showing was in this movie, regardless of a small amp he in TIH had 8 year ago..either you apply his level and amp there, or you use his strongest showing bloodlusted in his latest showing..His amp in TIH in no way shape or form is above his latest showings..so quit trying to mix and match. It don't work like that, strongest showing is strongest showing.

carver9
You are trying to weasel out of the obvious laughing out loud

So what proof do you have Hulk can replicate what Kurse did? At least I can back up my claims with actual movie feats.

So Kurse can hols on to Mjlonir?

How strong do you have to be to slap Mjlonir out of the air. What is its best ft while being thrown? What strength does it take to slap Mjlonir away from you?

While having his back turned, Ironman armor withstood a full fledged hammer throw. Hulk strength>>>>>>Ironman armor.

Nibedicus
confused

Adrenalin rush. Ok. I didn't even read the rest. I guess if I got an adrenaline rush, I could knock out Mike Tyson out during his early yr or Brock and I weigh a buck 80 and 6'2. Good denial there my friend. No need to keep going with this (adrenalin rush, WTF...first he say Hulk went Savage (whatever that means) and now he is saying adrenalin rush...don't waste your time carver. Don't do it).

Brock/Tyson would have one shot KO'd you in 2-3 seconds (geez you're skinny if you're 180 at 6'2". I'm 185 at 5'11" @ 12% Body Fat), which didn't happen to Hulk in the movie so I'm thinking that's a bit of an exaggeratedly false comparison don't you think?

This is the movies. Action heroes "power thru" situations when things get desperate all the time. It happens. If you wanna call that a "power", be my guest. But don't fault ppl for being unconvinced.

Adrenaline and ppl fighting savagely go hand in hand in comics, movies and reality. You seriously didn't know that?

Time Immemorial

Its an easier stretch to say Kurse could catch it, then hulk swatting it away bro laughing laughing

Time Immemorial

How strong do you have to be to slap Mjlonir out of the air. What is its best ft while being thrown? What strength does it take to slap Mjlonir away from you?

While having his back turned, Ironman armor withstood a full fledged hammer throw. Hulk strength>>>>>>Ironman armor.

While facing Thor, he was put on his ass by Thor.

And while Hulk having his back turned he was KO'd by ironman.. laughing

So Thor>Ironman>Hulk

carver9
Brock/Tyson would have one shot KO'd you in 2-3 seconds (geez you're skinny if you're 180 at 6'2". I'm 185 at 5'11" @ 12% BMI), which didn't happen to Hulk in the movie so I'm thinking that's a bit of an exaggeratedly false comparison don't you think?

This is the movies. Action heroes "power thru" situations when things get desperate all the time. It happens. If you wanna call that a "power", be my guest. But don't fault ppl for being unconvinced.

Adrenaline and ppl fighting savagery go hand in hand in comics, movies and reality. You seriously didn't know that?

Lol...I am extremely slim. Trying to gain though.

Abomination nearly dropped Hulk during the beginning of the fight with a single hit. Also, no matter how much adrenaline I get, I'm not overpowering someone that is far stronger than me and during the beginning, the strength gap between Abomination and Hulk was significant. Lol...you can use the Adrenaline argument all you want but Hulk obviously got stronger during that instance on up until we got to the point of Hulk choking him out.

Time Immemorial
Keep dodging strongest showings and trying to use TIH as you key to victory here..if I was you I would stick to strongest bloodlusted showings.

You can't apply a weaker showing amp from TIH, to a stronger bloodlusted Hulk in AOU.

carver9
While facing Thor, he was put on his ass by Thor.

And while Hulk having his back turned he was KO'd by ironman.. laughing

So Thor>Ironman>Hulk

laughing out loud

Time,what are you doing man?

Time Immemorial
Im trying to figure out how you can apply a weaker showing of Hulk and a small amp he had, to a stronger Hulk that has greater feats and was bloodlusted.

You can't have it both ways.

Inhuman

I already said I dont know, but from what i seen Kurse do, i wouldnt be surprised if he could.

I guess you have to be Kurse strong. smile Or the "Kurse" power up have some crazy uber magical shit going on as well.

lol @ "full fledged"
Thor fighting with Ironman or Hulk shouldn't even be brought up. You seriously think Thor was trying to kill or seriously harm those guys?

carver9
Im trying to figure out how you can apply a weaker showing of Hulk and a small amp he had, to a stronger Hulk that has greater feats and was bloodlusted.

You can't have it both ways.

Lol...I didn't post that showing to showcase Hulk might. I posted it to prove he could amp.

carver9
I already said I dont know, but from what i seen Kurse do, i wouldnt be surprised if he could.

I guess you have to be Kurse strong. smile Or the "Kurse" power up have some crazy uber magical shit going on as well.

lol @ "full fledged"
Thor fighting with Ironman, Hulk shouldn't even be brought up. You seriously think Thor was trying to kill or seriously harm those guys?

Then we have no argument here. You think Kurse could overpower Odin's enchantment (without any sort of proof), so why continue this?

Full of excuses. So the hammer throw he used on Kurse was stronger than the one he used against Ironman? Before you reply to me, are you going to provide facts or are you going to continue with these excuses and making up stories? Please let me know.

Time Immemorial
Lol...I didn't post that showing to showcase Hulk might. I posted it to prove he could amp.

Sure he could amp then, but that amp isn't above his current level on top of being bloodlusted.

Inhuman
(without any sort of proof), so why continue this?

Full of excuses.
Before you reply to me, are you going to provide facts or are going to continue with these excuses and making up stories?

http://i.imgur.com/b7eRMEO.jpg

carver9
Glad that is over. Now I have to just get Time and Nib to realize the truth.

Time Immemorial
Glad that is over. Now I have to just get Time and Nib to realize the truth.

Good Carver, glad we agree, his lower showing, even amped was no above his recent showings bloodlusted.

Kurse stomps him out worse then HB.

carver9
Good Carver, glad we agree, his lower showing, even amped was no above his recent showings bloodlusted.

Kurse stomps him out worse then HB.

laughing out loud

Look at the Hulk vs Ironman fight again please. Especially the end.

Time Immemorial
laughing out loud

Look at the Hulk vs Ironman fight again please. Especially the end.

I have, there is nothing to see but him coming out of bloodlust and getting KO'd..

His latest showings even without bloodlust are higher then TIH amped showings..

Its facts you can't deny.

carver9
I have, there is nothing to see but him coming out of bloodlust and getting KO'd..

His latest showings even without bloodlust are higher then TIH amped showings..

Answer this question. The hits before the last hit when he broke out of Scarlet Witch mind games, why didn't it ko Hulk?

Nibedicus
Lol...I am extremely slim. Trying to gain though.

Abomination nearly dropped Hulk during the beginning of the fight with a single hit. Also, no matter how much adrenaline I get, I'm not overpowering someone that is far stronger than me and during the beginning, the strength gap between Abomination and Hulk was significant. Lol...you can use the Adrenaline argument all you want but Hulk obviously got stronger during that instance on up until we got to the point of Hulk choking him out.

Abom was clearly stronger at the start, yes. And no, ppl who have gotten a rush of adrenaline have performed feats of strength far beyond what their normal body can do, so it is entirely possible. This happens all the time in movies, so it is clearly a reasonable analysis of the scene. Although I did state that since we can neither conclusively prove nor disprove each other's assertions, that you are free to think so. Quantitatively speaking, tho, and in relation to this fight, the "amp" was irrelevant as the upper limits demonstrated by this "amp" falls far below what he was able to perform by the time he got to the Avengers.

What's strange is that you seem to think that "he got stronger on up" when he only really 1) power out of being pinned to the wall 2) choked abom (who lost his footing) with a chain 3) soaked abom's punches (while he had his opponent's back, punching someone behind you isn't very effective) 4) tear out an elbow bone spike (the best evidence to support your case, unfortunately, hard to quantify as the elbow bone has no showings or quantifiable benchmarks to support its durability). Pls correct me if I missed anything as the youtube vid has really bad quality. My internet seems to suck. All of the above had extenuating circumstances, decent reasonings as to why such happened and doesn't really make such an "amp" conclusive.

Time Immemorial
Answer this question. The hits before the last hit when he broke out of Scarlet Witch mind games, why didn't it ko Hulk?

Because he had not been hit hard enough. Duh laughing

Anyways, His latest showings even without bloodlust are higher then TIH amped showings..

carver9
Abom was clearly stronger at the start, yes. And no, ppl who have gotten a rush of adrenaline have performed feats of strength far beyond what their normal body can do, so it is entirely possible. This happens all the time in movies, so it is clearly a reasonable analysis of the scene. Although I did state that since we can neither conclusively prove nor disprove each other's assertions, that you are free to think so. Quantitatively speaking, tho, and in relation to this fight, the "amp" was irrelevant as the upper limits demonstrated by this "amp" falls far below what he was able to perform by the time he got to the Avengers.

What's strange is that you seem to think that "he got stronger on up" when he only really 1) power out of being pinned to the wall 2) choked abom (who lost his footing) with a chain 3) soaked abom's punches (while he had his opponent's back, punching someone behind you isn't very effective) 4) tear out an elbow bone spike (the best evidence to support your case, unfortunately, hard to quantify as the elbow bone has no showings or quantifiable benchmarks to support its durability). Pls correct me if I missed anything as the youtube vid has really bad quality. My internet seems to suck. All of the above had extenuating circumstances, decent reasonings as to why such happened and doesn't really make such an "amp" conclusive.

I provided the proof to the question you asked me. There is more evidence leaning towards the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets' during that scene than a adrenaline rush. It's what his abilities are and the writer showed that during this scene. I don't even know how you came to the conclusion that it had anything to do with an adrenaline rush. He became stronger which was my point...strong enough to overpower someone that had a huge strength gap during the beginning of their fight. You asked for proof of an amp, now you're going to throw it off as some type of rush. I provided evidence...the evidence you asked for, this debate should be done.

Abomination punches were solid and it did nothing to the Hulk.

My bad bro. I wasn't using those smilies in a butthole manner.

carver9
Because he had not been hit hard enough. Duh laughing

Anyways, His latest showings even without bloodlust are higher then TIH amped showings..

So you're saying Ironman held back against the Hulk until they got to the part where the mind control was gone?

The Sorrow
His showings in TIH are not as impressive as Avengers. So using a weaker Hulk that could amp to a higher level in that movie, does not point to or make a stronger Hulk in this movie be able to amp anything further then beyond what we saw in his bloodlusted levels. You can't take a weaker hulk, and apply his amp to a stronger showing and double it. You can't have it both ways.

His latest showings in Avengers are his strongest showings. His bloodlusted level was stronger then any other showing. Plain and simple.
TIH, Avengers, AoU etc it is the SAME Hulk set in the SAME fictional universe, so all feats across all films still apply. Hulk can amp and amp significantly in seconds if angered enough. Period. It's ironic you accuse others of shifting the goalposts when you have done it constantly. I don't even think you know what you're trying to say at this point.

You may aswell just say you hate Hulk and be done with it because trying to impose all these false distinctions on his powers is getting silly and reeks of bias. Why create the thread if you legit think Hulk stands no chance?

Nibedicus
I provided the proof to the question you asked me. There is more evidence leaning towards the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets' during that scene than a adrenaline rush. It's what his abilities are and the writer showed that during this scene. I don't even know how you came to the conclusion that it had anything to do with an adrenaline rush. He became stronger which was my point...strong enough to overpower someone that had a huge strength gap during the beginning of their fight. You asked for proof of an amp, now you're going to throw it off as some type of rush. I provided evidence...the evidence you asked for, this debate should be done.

Abomination punches were solid and it did nothing to the Hulk.

My bad bro. I wasn't using those smilies in a butthole manner.

Would have to disagree. I would say there is an exact number of evidence of it being a rush of adrenaline as it is an amping power. It has been shown many times in the movies. Hero faces imminent defeat, hero's loved one(s) faces mortal danger from villain/environmental, hero powers out of his situation with one mighty effort (most likely backed by a rush of adrenaline), hero rescues loved one(s). I mean, how many times have we seen that in movies? Of course (as I said) you are free to call that a power, but pls don't go around saying that it is the only possible explanation here....

My problem has always been the fact movies (being targetted towards a mass audience) have always been one of two things when showcasing a power: 1) been blatantly clear about it so that the ppl who are unfamilar with the character would know about it. 2) Explained it via in-movie dialogue or text. Ambiguous or not, it would at least be alluded to somehow.

It is rare for movie makers to just "throw in" hints of a power existing in a fast paced action scene and leaving much of it debatable. Especially if the power has no (as of yet) plot relevance to be kept hidden and said character has been in multiple movies.

Punching someone while you have poor footing isn't optimal. Punching someone behind you isn't very effective. I'm sure they had a lot of power behind them but relative to what Abom can do, those punches were just ineffective.

No prob. Edited my post. Anyway, let's just try to be civil so that we can keep the debate going, alryt? smile

carver9
Would have to disagree. I would say there is an exact number of evidence of it being a rush of adrenaline as it is an amping power. It has been shown many times in the movies. Hero faces imminent defeat, hero's loved one(s) faces mortal danger from villain/environmental, hero powers out of his situation with one mighty effort (most likely backed by a rush of adrenaline), hero rescues loved one(s). I mean, how many times have we seen that in movies? Of course (as I said) you are free to call that a power, but pls don't go around saying that it is the only possible explanation here....

My problem has always been the fact movies (being targetted towards a mass audience) have always been one of two things when showcasing a power: 1) been blatantly clear about it so that the ppl who are unfamilar with the character would know about it. 2) Explained it via in-movie dialogue or text. Ambiguous or not, it would at least be alluded to somehow.

It is rare for movie makers to just "throw in" hints of a power existing in a fast paced action scene and leaving much of it debatable. Especially if the power has no (as of yet) plot relevance to be kept hidden and said character has been in multiple movies.

Punching someone while you have poor footing isn't optimal. Punching someone behind you isn't very effective. I'm sure they had a lot of power behind them but relative to what Abom can do, those punches were just ineffective.

No prob. Edited my post. Anyway, let's just try to be civil so that we can keep the debate going, alryt? smile

Show me one movie where someone physically overpowers another person that is far stronger than them. Not beat them, 'overpower' them.

Time Immemorial
TIH, Avengers, AoU etc it is the SAME Hulk set in the SAME fictional universe, so all feats across all films still apply. Hulk can amp and amp significantly in seconds if angered enough. Period. It's ironic you accuse others of shifting the goalposts when you have done it constantly. I don't even think you know what you're trying to say at this point.

You may aswell just say you hate Hulk and be done with it because trying to impose all these false distinctions on his powers is getting silly and reeks of bias. Why create the thread if you legit think Hulk stands no chance?

I debate based off facts not bias.

Prove his lower showings amped are above his current levels in avengers. I know it's the same hulk but he gotten stronger and this is his strongest showing..

Anyways I created this thread to mainly debate with carver cause him and me debate non stop but always keep it civil. You wouldn't know cause your here off tangent about which you know nothing about so don't bother addressing me cause I seen your bias in other threads about Thor.

If you knew anything about Hulk is that eveyone wants a piece. If you could prove he beats Kurse, Im all for it.

Again prove his latest showing are above his previous or silently withdrawal.

Time Immemorial
So you're saying Ironman held back against the Hulk until they got to the part where the mind control was gone?

No that's not what I said. Even without the KO, ironman won the fight, it's pretty clear.

tkitna
Kurse wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk isn't swatting away Mjolnir, much less a charged one. Are you guys insane?

The force of Thors throw alone took him completely off his feet and sent him flying (BEFORE the enchantment kicked in and it fell).

And in the current MCU, Hulk's dynamic factor is negligible at best. The only time we really witness it is against Abomination and that's after an extended beat down and with Betty's life in danger (The most extreme of scenarios). But even that's pretty terrible for what people are trying to argue as other heroes accomplish this. I held out hope for this movie but it's clearly not a defining trait so far in this incarnation.

I was optimistic but after three movies in, arguing Hulk win against an opponent with this much of an edge because he'll get stronger is just not based on reality. I will admit that he seems to be more savage and prone to powering through damage the angrier he gets making him far more dangerous.

And Kurse beats him up. Thors punches were barely moving him and on top of that he was fast/skilled enough to dodge his attacks.

I don't know what movies people have been watching tbh, might as well argue Hulk beats Thor and Kurse at the same time.

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk isn't swatting away Mjolnir. The force of Thors throw alone took him completely off his feet and sent him flying.

And in the current MCU, Hulk's dynamic stronger factor is negligible at best. the only time we really witness it is against Abomination and that's after an extended beat down and with Betty's life in danger (The most extreme of scenarios). Said boost was almost completely gone after that apparently as well.

I was optimistic but after three movies in, arguing Hulk win against an opponent with this much of an edge because he'll get stronger is just not based on reality. I will admit that he seems to be more savage and prone to powering through damage the angrier he gets making him far more dangerous.

TheVaultDweller
Kurse wins, despite Carver's fantasies.

The Sorrow
I debate based off facts not bias.

Prove his lower showings amped are above his current levels in avengers. I know it's the same hulk but he gotten stronger and this is his strongest showing..

Anyways I created this thread to mainly debate with carver cause him and me debate non stop but always keep it civil. You wouldn't know cause your here off tangent about which you know nothing about so don't bother addressing me cause I seen your bias in other threads about Thor.

If you knew anything about Hulk is that eveyone wants a piece. If you could prove he beats Kurse, Im all for it.

Again prove his latest showing are above his previous or silently withdrawal.
Jesus Christ, the only reason past films were brought up was to show Hulk can amp his power. Abomination was the first person Hulk has fought who was actually more powerful than he was. Do you seriously believe if Abom showed up down the line in the MCU and fought Hulk again, he wouldn't still be depicted as at least initially being the more formidable? Of course he would. Hulks ability to amp may not be as dramatic as it is in the comics but it is there, it is a factor and cannot be disputed.

As I said before I don't care wether you believe Kurse wins or not, but stating Kurse was "massively" stronger than Hulk just isn't true based off his showings. Both overpowered Thor to a degree, both made him bleed (Hulk did it from one punch, it took Kurse several iirc), both took his punches in their stride and both are tanks. Deflecting Mjolnir was the most impressive thing Kurse did, could Hulk do the same? Who knows, it would be a great fight but my money is on the guy who has comparable might and can grow more powerful.

Zack Fair
I think Hulk can win.

Time Immemorial
Hulk isn't swatting away Mjolnir, much less a charged one. Are you guys insane?

The force of Thors throw alone took him completely off his feet and sent him flying (BEFORE the enchantment kicked in and it fell).

And in the current MCU, Hulk's dynamic factor is negligible at best. The only time we really witness it is against Abomination and that's after an extended beat down and with Betty's life in danger (The most extreme of scenarios). But even that's pretty terrible for what people are trying to argue as other heroes accomplish this. I held out hope for this movie but it's clearly not a defining trait so far in this incarnation.

And Kurse beats him up. Thors punches were barely moving him and on top of that he was fast/skilled enough to dodge his attacks.

I don't know what movies people have been watching tbh, might as well argue Hulk beats Thor and Kurse at the same time.

Carver is under the impression based on Hulk getting owned by the hammer that he can now swat it away.

Time Immemorial
Double post

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Kurse wins, despite Carver's fantasies.

I can see some of his points but making the point "He can swat the hammer away" when been shown otherwise is silly.

Time Immemorial
Carver I'm still waiting on that proof that Hulk can swat Thor's hammer away, when clearly we see him being drug around by it..

Either answer it here, or in our BZ thread, but you will answer it, even if I have to knock some more teeth out.

Robtard
Hulk clearly can't swat away Thor's hammer as seen in Avengers, he can grab it out of the air, but it's magical "weight" (ie not worthy/worthy aspect) is something Hulk can't work around.

Having said that, I still think Kurse's swatting of Mjonir had more to do with Kurse being engineered to be the anti-Asgardian weapon than it being a matter of "x-amount of strength to manipulate Mjolnir", which I don't think is a matter of strength really.

carver9
Swatting Mjlonir is different than trying to hold it. One of them have a lot to do with an enchantment and the other doesn't. Kurse isn't catching Mjlonir and holding on to it. He hasn't shown the ability to do this.

carver9
I can see some of his points but making the point "He can swat the hammer away" when been shown otherwise is silly.

Was never shown. Hulk was trying to hold on to Mjlonir...something that goes against the enchantment. I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

Time Immemorial
Swatting Mjlonir is different than trying to hold it. One of them have a lot to do with an enchantment and the other doesn't. Kurse isn't catching Mjlonir and holding on to it. He hasn't shown the ability to do this.

Hulk hasn't been shown to be able to swat it away, or even move it.

So we have feats of Kurse doing it, and Hulk not being able and being drug around with it.

I'm gonna go with the valid feats. Why do you keep making excuses where there is not. Simply put, Hulk can't stop the hammer no matter what.

carver9
Hulk hasn't been shown to be able to swat it away, or even move it.

So we have feats of Kurse doing it, and Hulk not being able and being drug around with it.

I'm gonna go with the valid feats. Why do you keep making excuses where there is not. Simply put, Hulk can't stop the hammer no matter what.

Sigh... again, there is a HUGE difference from Hulk and Kurse showing. Hulk is trying to overpowering the enchantment, Kurse showing doesn't have a thing to do with an enchantment. Once you see the difference in these showings, you'll stop comparing them. Neither Hulk or Kurse is overpowering Mjlonir enchantment.

When has Hulk tried to slap Mjlonir out of the air? Which scene?

Robtard
Thinking about it more...

Carver as wacky a Hulk fanatic as he is does actually have a point in a weird way.

It's similar with how Loki can block Mjolnir when he and Thor exchanged blows, but was shit out of luck trying to move Mjolnir when Thor placed it on his chest. Pretty much anyone who has blocked a Thor/Mjolnir attack, but we assume wouldn't be worthy to hold Mjlonir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Before Hulk tried to LIFT Mjolnir, he grabbed it in mid-air and the force of the throw took his entire body for a ride. Then the hammer dropped and that's when Hulk tried and failed to overpower the enchantment. Kurse on the other hand almost easily deflected the hammer.

The Worthiness enchantment has no reason to be brought up when comparing Hulk and Kurse.

It still completely boggles my mind how anyone could think Hulk would be able to repeat the Kurse feat. Have you guys not been paying any attention to the movies? Mjolnir can hit far harder and is almost certainly overall more powerful than Hulk, much less his fist.

carver9
Hulk grabbed the hammer by the pole and tried to hold on to it. Again, he grabbed the hammer by the pole and tried to hold on to it. What is so hard to comprehend here. That is the same as holding Mjlonir in your hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advsN-DfY2k

1:02

Hulk grabs Mjolnir in midair and is sent FLYING for a few feet by the force of the throw. THEN the hammer drops to the ground.

The worthiness enchantment means you can't lift the hammer. It wasn't in play when Hulk was overpowered and dragged through the air like a kid.

carver9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advsN-DfY2k

1:02

Hulk grabs Mjolnir in midair and is sent FLYING for a few feet by the force of the throw. THEN the hammer drops to the ground.

The worthiness enchantment means you can't lift the hammer. It wasn't in play when Hulk was dragged through the air like a kid.

So you're saying Hulk should be able to hold Mjlonir as long as it is in the air? So the hammer has to be laying down in order for the enchantment to take place but as long as it is in the air, Mjlonir can be held. Good point there rage.

Silent Master
That isn't what he is saying at all, stop acting like abhi.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you're saying Hulk should be able to hold Mjlonir as long as it is in the air? So the hammer has to be laying down in order for the enchantment to take place but as long as it is in the air, Mjlonir can be held. Good point there rage.

Purposefully being obtuse or...? Not at all what I am saying (Not even sure what you mean in that post tbh).

- Thor throws Mjolnir.
- Hulk grabs Mjolnir in the air.

From here there are two definitive ways to go. Either the hammer:
- Is stopped dead in the tracks and falls to the ground
or
- Hulk is sent flying because the force of the throw was too great and THEN it falls to the ground

In the first scenario, Hulk's strength was equivalent to the force of the throw and THEN the enchantment kicked in. In the second scenario, he was overpowered by the sheer power of the throw and couldn't stop the hammer.

I don't know how simpler I can make it without drawing pictures here man.

carver9
Hulk gripped Mjlonir at the pole. Gripped it. HOLDING it in his hand.

Time Immemorial
Hulk gripped Mjlonir at the pole. Gripped it. HOLDING it in his hand.

Your point? Lol, the hammer carried him like a rag doll, then when Thor called it back, it carried him like a doll again.

carver9
Your point? Lol, the hammer carried him like a rag doll, then when Thor called it back, it carried him like a doll again.

Reread what I said and think about it?

Time Immemorial
Carver you still can't answer my question.

Again, since you think Hulk can swat the hammer away without zero showings, then I am to assume Kurse can punch the levithan and stop it without help?

Time Immemorial
Reread what I said and think about it?

There is nothing to think about, you are assuming he can treat the hammer like Kurse did with zero feats to suggest to do so, the closest feat we have of him trying to handle the hammer, he ends up being handled by it.

Robtard
Have you guys not been paying any attention to the movies? Mjolnir can hit far harder and is almost certainly overall more powerful than Hulk, much less his fist.

Do you believe Loki is strong enough to block and hold an overhand smash from the Hulk?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Do you believe Loki is strong enough to block and hold an overhand smash from the Hulk?

No Loki would get crushed.

Inhuman
If I recall correctly Loki blocked Mjlonir with Gungir (equally magical like the hammer) in Thor1.
And I think he also blocked it with the staff with mind gem (also magical or more than just a staff)

Robtard
We're talking from a strength point of view, neither Gungir or the scepter increased Loki's strength (unless someone has proof?), they just happened to be two weapons that are durable enough to not break against Mjolnir.

Silent Master

Normally, not a chance.

However, If the Hulk is holding back as much as Thor generally does when fighting Loki, then yes, I could see Loki blocking a strike with a lot of effort.

Inhuman
We're talking from a strength point of view, neither Gungir or the scepter increased Loki's strength (unless someone has proof?), they just happened to be two weapons that are durable enough to not break against Mjolnir.

Right.
I was just pointing out that the reason Loki effectively was able to block the hammer was because he did it using equally "magical" items. Not by his own strength.

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
Normally, not a chance.

However, If the Hulk is holding back as much as Thor generally does when fighting Loki, then yes, I could see Loki blocking a strike with a lot of effort.

So IYO, every time Thor swung Mjolnir at Loki and Loki blocked it, Thor swung the hammer purposely with just the right amount of force to allow Loki to block?

Remember, this is a guy who was about to outright murder Captain America (didn't know Cap was super and the shield was special) over a passing comment.

Silent Master
I think that Thor was holding back while fighting Loki, just look at their fights, once Thor got pissed he ended the fights in a matter of seconds.

FrothByte

I believe he is strong enough to deflect the blow if not outright stop it in its tracks. I don't know why people keep underestimating Loki's strength. He may not be as strong as Thor but he's definitely within his range.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
I believe he is strong enough to deflect the blow if not outright stop it in its tracks. I don't know why people keep underestimating Loki's strength. He may not be as strong as Thor but he's definitely within his range.

Loki isn't in Thor's range cause as soon as Thor is done holding back and entertaining Loki's games, he drops him.

Loki was above Captain in Avengers by a margin, now its probably neck and neck considering how strong Cap has gotten.

Hulk would drop Loki in one hit.

FrothByte
Loki isn't in Thor's range cause as soon as Thor is done holding back and entertaining Loki's games, he drops him.

Loki was above Captain in Avengers by a margin, now its probably neck and neck considering how strong Cap has gotten.

Hulk would drop Loki in one hit.

Loki is within Thor's range because if he wasn't then it would only take Thor one hit to knock him the F out. Or Thor could just walk through him. The simple fact that Thor actually had to take him seriously before he could beat him up shows that he's within Thor's range.

Plus the fact that he can block blows from Thor.

Loki took Cap's whirling kick straight on and didn't even get knocked back. Neck and neck my ass. When Cap is strong enough to kick Thor several feet back then he's within Loki's league.

Time Immemorial
Did you not read?

"Loki was above Captain in Avengers by a margin, now its probably neck and neck considering how strong Cap has gotten."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>