Cyclops Vs Gorilla Grodd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No speed force for Grodd, but a much slower opponent than he's used to.
Cyclops has literally grown up with two of the strongest telepaths in the MU.

No prep. No BFR.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/14600000/Cyclops-marvel-comics-14652310-1024-768.jpg
http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/GalleryChar_1900x900_gorillaGrodd_52ab8ec4d55986.63790982.jpg

Magic Joe
Is mind rape allowed?

riv6672
You tell me.

Magic Joe
Originally posted by riv6672
You tell me.

No.

sadwqecqw
Grodd easily

Surtur
How tough is Nu Grodd compared to previous versions? Since post crisis Grodd came back from stuff like having all his blood turned to acid. He also shrugged off getting hit by Flash like 3,000 times in a single second.

leonidas
grodd should be too much for scott, with or without tp.

carver9
Cyclops wins this.

One_Angry_Scot
Cyclops has merged with the Phoenix Egg. Not as easy a battle for Grodd I think.

Surtur
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Cyclops has merged with the Phoenix Egg. Not as easy a battle for Grodd I think.

So what powers did the egg give him? Or did it just enhance the power he already had?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
So what powers did the egg give him?

I think it's akin to the powers he had when he was part of the Phoenix Force. As he remarks about it "returning again".

Surtur
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I think it's akin to the powers he had when he was part of the Phoenix Force. As he remarks about it "returning again".

What powers did he have when part of the PF?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
What powers did he have when part of the PF?

I'm not gonna be able to find scans since I'm out at the moment but I'm sure there is a respect thread that has all the stuff on him. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Golgo13
Grodd has the Speed Force in the DCnU. He's much, much faster than Cyclops.

Henry_Pym
So is this no SF Grodd vs Cyclops or SF Grodd vs P1 Cyclops

Scott rapes the latter, he was rofl stomping every single avenger at the same time till Nova snuck up on him.

The former is more interesting, Scott's Psi shields & training should protect him and his attitude really won't make him hold back. Can Grodd tank a forest buster?

Golgo13
Grodd also has some uber TK.

Henry_Pym
So does White Queen & Jean and both have found him hard to read. (Granted some poor writers forget this, I'm sure he has recent feats of losing to TK losers)

Golgo13
Hard but not impossible. I'm talking about TK here. Enhanced with the SF.

Henry_Pym
So you think Grodd is above the Phoenix?

Golgo13
I didn't know he still had it. Normal Grodd would likely win as well.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Golgo13
I didn't know he still had it. Normal Grodd would likely win as well. he got it back in SW# 1

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
So is this no SF Grodd vs Cyclops or SF Grodd vs P1 Cyclops

Scott rapes the latter, he was rofl stomping every single avenger at the same time till Nova snuck up on him.

The former is more interesting, Scott's Psi shields & training should protect him and his attitude really won't make him hold back. Can Grodd tank a forest buster?

DCU Grodd has tanked some pretty powerful hits (phyiscal and energy). He also has his TK, don't forget.

riv6672
This is more interesting than i'd thought. Thanks folks.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
DCU Grodd has tanked some pretty powerful hits (phyiscal and energy). He also has his TK, don't forget. Anything around (city)block busting? TK could be an issue but I have to assume Scott trained against Jean at some point.

leonidas
if this is phoenix scott, well, that's just dumb. if he has some increased abilities, i'd like to see them. by the OP it would seem this is classic scott, and dcnu grodd w/o speedforce. grodd would take him out if that were the case.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
grodd would take him out if that were the case.

In theory. But in practice... he gets his ass handed to him by Batman or Nightwing, so I'd say Cyclops' tp resistance is more than good enough...

riv6672
His tp resistance is what i was thinking about originally.

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
In theory. But in practice... he gets his ass handed to him by Batman or Nightwing, so I'd say Cyclops' tp resistance is more than good enough...

sometimes, you're right, but in general he absorbs a SH!T ton of damage in some of his fights with flash, so i think typically speaking getting hurt by a punch in the nose from nightwing are lower showings. the distance at the start would also be an issue i thought at first, but then i thought nu grodd (w/o sf) still has tk, no? some versions of him do have it, others didn't. he had some very good tk feats at one time...just can't recall if this version had it. it could be sf power that i remember instead of tk... anyway, with tk, he should take this pretty easily. without, cyke would just need to keep him at a distance and hope he can accumulate enough damage. it's an interesting match up for a bunch of reasons.

riv6672
I'm a NW fan but, no, no to the Grodd nose. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
It wasn't just his nose. NW kept wailing on him, knocking out his teeth...

riv6672
Okay...technically NW could do that to gorilla teeth. He could also break bricks with his fists i'm sure. Doesnt mean a brick wall falling on him will be stopped by that fact.

And yes i know its a bad analogy.

StiltmanFTW
Supergorilla, you mean. Grodd's durabity is above that of regular apes.

riv6672
That cheating bastard...mad

Almost said damn dirty ape! smile

dyajeep
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hard but not impossible. I'm talking about TK here. Enhanced with the SF.

Cyke managed to seal the Void - which is a great mental feat, in my opinion...

riv6672
Thats impressive.

relentless1
Grodd mind rapes, then fist rapes scotty boy

krisblaze
Nobody's mindraping Cyclops.

He's got some of the best shields around and has a wealth of resistance-feats.

carver9
TP isn't doing a thing to Cyclops but TK can. This is a quick draw match imo. Giving it to Cyke.

complexbrother
Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.