Darth Bane vs Darth Tenebrous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Who wins?

Nephthys
I think we did this a while ago and Bane obviously wins.

Trocity
Which Bane?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think we did this a while ago and BaneTenebrous obviously wins.

Emperordmb
Bane wins

red8
I think we did this a while ago and Bane obviously wins.

Out of curiosity, why would Bane obviously win?

I feel like Tenebrous should logically be more powerful than Bane, but Tenebrous is far too much of an unknown to say whether or not he would win or lose.

I get that with each time an apprentice took the mantle, the Banite Sith gained inches rather than miles and I get that there were setbacks such as with Darth Gravid. But Tenebrous was two iterations away from Sidious. Surely he should be, at the very minimum, on par with Bane?

carthage
Bane is less powerful by a significant margin, slower, the only real questionable gap is skill

SunRazer
Tenebrous every time.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane wins

EmperorSidious2
Tenebrous FTW

Nephthys
Originally posted by red8
Out of curiosity, why would Bane obviously win?

I feel like Tenebrous should logically be more powerful than Bane, but Tenebrous is far too much of an unknown to say whether or not he would win or lose.

I get that with each time an apprentice took the mantle, the Banite Sith gained inches rather than miles and I get that there were setbacks such as with Darth Gravid. But Tenebrous was two iterations away from Sidious. Surely he should be, at the very minimum, on par with Bane?

He's pretty much featless. I don't buy into that RoT means everyone after Bane is better than him crap, for many reasons. Bane has demonstrated superior everything than Tenebrous has. And if Bane has the orbalisks it's pretty unfair.

SunRazer
Bane isn't even close to superior to Tenebrous in everything, and it's basically confirmed that each member of the Banite Sith Order became more powerful consecutively. There was a setback around the Gravid-Gean period (but in knowledge, not so much strength), but other than that, it does make sense.

Sinious
I doubt that includes the very founder of the order though.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
Bane isn't even close to superior to Tenebrous in everything, and it's basically confirmed that each member of the Banite Sith Order became more powerful consecutively. There was a setback around the Gravid-Gean period (but in knowledge, not so much strength), but other than that, it does make sense. Then why for example someone like Dooku is lesser than Plagueis?

Trocity
Because Dooku was a Jedi for the vast majority of his life.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Sinious
I doubt that includes the very founder of the order though.

Sidious states in BoS that Bane's power has descended down his lineage for a thousand years. Other sources hint at similar things.

And Bane intended for his Order to grow in power, and each member to consecutively grow in power and superiority to his or her master.

SunRazer
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Then why for example someone like Dooku is lesser than Plagueis?

Dooku is only a half-Banite Sith. He was a Jedi-converted Sith, but only for Palpatine's own ends during the Clone Wars until he found a suitable replacement (Anakin).

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
Bane is less powerful by a significant margin, slower, the only real questionable gap is skill
I concur.
Tenebrous every time.
thumb up
Bane isn't even close to superior to Tenebrous in everything, and it's basically confirmed that each member of the Banite Sith Order became more powerful consecutively.
Again, thumb up

The_Tempest
Dooku, while one of the most powerful Jedi&Sith of all time, is not necessarily more powerful than Plagueis because he never surpassed and usurped Palpatine. Same with Maul and Vader.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Dooku, while one of the most powerful Jedi&Sith of all time, is not necessarily more powerful than Plagueis because he never surpassed and usurped Palpatine. Same with Maul and Vader.

thumb up

Tenebrous was one of the final Sith Masters of the Banite lineage, and logically one of the most powerful of them all whereas DoE Bane should be one of the less powerful members.

Stigma
Originally posted by NewGuy01
thumb up

Tenebrous was one of the final Sith Masters of the Banite lineage, and logically one of the most powerful of them all whereas DoE Bane should be one of the less powerful members. Yeah. thumb up

TBH I am perplexed that a lot of people do not grasp this.

WildBantha88
Bane isn't even close to superior to Tenebrous in everything, and it's basically confirmed that each member of the Banite Sith Order became more powerful consecutively. There was a setback around the Gravid-Gean period (but in knowledge, not so much strength), but other than that, it does make sense. that would be true if apprentices weren't killing there masters in their sleep

Col. Valerian
It's not necessarily the way it works. Many times less powerful individuals kill their masters in ways that don't show obvious superiority and in other cases the apprentices may not have the potential to become as powerful as their masters. It's not clear cut.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
It's not necessarily the way it works. Many times less powerful individuals kill their masters in ways that don't show obvious superiority and in other cases the apprentices may not have the potential to become as powerful as their masters. It's not clear cut.

The Phantom Menace Scrapbook confirmed that the Sith became more powerful with each generation. Even if they weren't stronger than their Masters at the time of their ascent, they got that way in the end. The only exceptions being Palpatine's three disciples, who never got the chance.

Col. Valerian
Do you believe Zannah eventually became more powerful and skillful than Bane?

The_Tempest
Yup.

FreshestSlice
If she didn't the Order of the Sith Lords would be a failure pretty early on.

Trocity
Unnamed Male Devaronian>Darth Bane

Col. Valerian
Hmmm.

Stigma
Originally posted by Trocity
Unnamed Male Devaronian>Darth Bane
Every member of the Sith order after establishment of the Rule of Two > Darth Bane

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Stigma
Every member of the Sith order after establishment of the Rule of Two > Darth Bane im trying very hard not to facepalm

carthage
Pretty much any Sith that has beaten anyone apart from weaklings like Kas'im and Sirak is above Darth Bane

Nephthys
Bane isn't even close to superior to Tenebrous in everything, and it's basically confirmed that each member of the Banite Sith Order became more powerful consecutively. There was a setback around the Gravid-Gean period (but in knowledge, not so much strength), but other than that, it does make sense.

Tenebrous has demonstrated nothing remotely on Bane's level.

Is Zannah more powerful than Bane? Is Cognus? The RoT is inherently flawed in that just because one defeats the previous Sith it does not make them more powerful. Cognus' strength wasn't power, it was foresight and force dampening. Zannah beat a past-prime Bane purely because she had access to techniques he had no defense against. It's also complete nonsense that the Sith just miraculously found a force user with greater potential every generation. Zannah almost inducted Set Harth for godssakes.

Stigma
Originally posted by WildBantha88
im trying very hard not to facepalm
Except, like Temp mentioned, it was established in official sources. Sorry, bro.
Is Zannah more powerful than Bane? Is Cognus? The RoT is inherently flawed in that just because one defeats the previous Sith it does not make them more powerful. Cognus' strength wasn't power, it was foresight and force dampening. Zannah beat a past-prime Bane purely because she had access to techniques he had no defense against. It's also complete nonsense that the Sith just miraculously found a force user with greater potential every generation. Zannah almost inducted Set Harth for godssakes.
Except, we never see Zannah's or Cognus's development beyond DoE. There's no conradiction.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Then why for example someone like Dooku is lesser than Plagueis?

Well we can't confirm dooku is lesser than plaguis in the force I would personally place dooku as a better combative force weilder, however it is up for debate, but he was a south apprentice but he was just a place holder. If anakin would have not been burned alive he would have been what should have happened with the with the next one comes above the former. Dooku was just a place holder.

EmperorSidious2

Each Sith inherits the others strength and power in the force as was bane intention. However in the line some stray. Darty Zannah for instance, her focus was Sith Magic while bane never held any real talent or even interest in it. So she inherits his power as she was taught but it's cancelled by the fact that Zannah was more concerned with Sith Magic. Also some Sith like plaguis can be skilled with the blade but they don't like it. They learn what they have two and let it stray away while they focus on the force.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Do you believe Zannah eventually became more powerful and skillful than Bane?

Eventually.

WildBantha88
That's okay. That means someone like Darth Ramage can utterly trounce Maul since Ramage is>>>>Bane

carthage
Maul would rape Bane in a duel per feats and accolades, I'm not sure anyone can follow your braindamaged "logic"

SunRazer

How does Tenebrous erecting Shields on short notice that repel explosions not comparable? For the record, the explosion could sunder entire mines the size of cathedrals.

Not as of DoE, but after she kills him and advances to her prime, yes. Each successive member has pretty much been canonically stated to be more powerful.

The Merchant
Tenebrous should be way stronger than Bane.

Nephthys
How does Tenebrous erecting Shields on short notice that repel explosions not comparable? For the record, the explosion could sunder entire mines the size of cathedrals.

Not as of DoE, but after she kills him and advances to her prime, yes. Each successive member has pretty much been canonically stated to be more powerful.

As I recall he only blocked the resulting fireball some distance away from the source of the explosion itself. If he could have blocked the explosion itself he wouldn't have fled from it in the first place.

I'm pretty sure they haven't and its unsubstantiated and speculative to suggest she became greater than him as a combatant. Hell, most here see her as far inferior in all areas. I disagree myself, but I find it ironic that now everyones so convinced shes above him.

red8
As I recall he only blocked the resulting fireball some distance away from the source of the explosion itself. If he could have blocked the explosion itself he wouldn't have fled from it in the first place.

I'm pretty sure they haven't and its unsubstantiated and speculative to suggest she became greater than him as a combatant. Hell, most here see her as far inferior in all areas. I disagree myself, but I find it ironic that now everyones so convinced shes above him.

I think even in DOE Zannah was probably slightly stronger in the force than Bane and a comparable duelist. I also see DOE Bane > ROT Bane, but that's just me.

I still think Tenebrous is too much of an unknown to call it one way or the other. I think it would be a tough fight for either combatant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.