Can Obama really not talk without help?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
When ever he is off telepromter he can't even put sentences together. I mean this is downright horrible. I never seen him speak off telepromter much, but when I looked at some youtube videos. Its beyond bad. He litearly can't talk.

Anyone know he has a really bad stutter? Last time I check'd he didn't have an injuries or medical issues.

MyW9e5QdWxk

Also, how come he can't put sentences together that make any sense?

4XuItt6iuMc

Star428
Well, he is a dumbocrat, afterall.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
When ever he is off telepromter he can't even put sentences together. I mean this is downright horrible. I never seen him speak off telepromter much, but when I looked at some youtube videos. Its beyond bad. He litearly can't talk.

Anyone know he has a really bad stutter? Last time I check'd he didn't have an injuries or medical issues.

Also, how come he can't put sentences together that make any sense?

Haven't watched, but less than 10mins of goofs in going on 8 years of speeches isn't a terribly bad record.

He's also an accomplished lawyer, so I suspect he's capable of properly speaking without a teleprompter.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Star428
Well, he is a dumbocrat, afterall.

Be6tunbRcs8

Robtard
Y24UiUVnA1o

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Haven't watched, but less than 10mins of goofs in going on 8 years of speeches isn't a terribly bad record.

He's also an accomplished lawyer, so I suspect he's capable of properly speaking without a teleprompter.

He has no trial wins to speak of.

From the videos we see he can't put simple words or sentences together without the prompter..

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Be6tunbRcs8

Obama ran on a campaign of change, showing bushes blunders in comparision to Obama's isn't change, its the same thing. There was no change.

Mindset
This is a LoB level thread, come on. erm

Robtard
He has no trial wins to speak of.

From the videos we see he can't put simple words or sentences together without the prompter..

Are you sure? A 1min Google search netted me this:

That is just not true, there's interviews where he's speaking directly with someone and he's speaking without faults.

Time Immemorial
Are you sure? A 2min Google search netted me this:

This is just not true, there's interviews where he's speaking directly with someone has he's speaking without faults.

I already read that a while ago, I don't really call this a national importance level case.

"In another case, Obama appeared on behalf of a nonprofit corporation that provided healthcare for poor people. A woman who claimed income of less than $8,000 a year had sued Obama's client to obtain a $336 payment for baby-sitting services; Obama's client paid up, and the case was settled."

Robtard
LoL, come on. You claimed Obama didn't win a single trial and now you're moving the goalpost to a trial of "national importance".

Time Immemorial
LoL, come on. You claimed Obama didn't win a single trial and now you're moving the goalpost to a trial of "national importance".

Sorry his babysitting case didn't raise my attention more. He won big time!

Mindset
Can Obama even speak English?

I'm not too sure they teach it in Kenya.

Time Immemorial
Y24UiUVnA1o

Highlighting Bush's dumb ass doesn't do much though, just makes Obama look the same, without much change.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindset
Can Obama even speak English?

I'm not too sure they teach it in Kenya.

I highly doubt he can speak English. He's a Muslim so he probably only speaks Islam.

Tzeentch
I thought Muslims only spoke hate and oppreshun?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by dadudemon
I highly doubt he can speak English. He's a Muslim so he probably only speaks Islam.

He did admit he was muslim.

KmwZk21uJlg

Q99
Sooo.... you wouldn't happen to remember a president named 'George W. Bush,' would you? Famous for tons of verbal slips and stumbles.

Most people, unsurprisingly, talk better when they worked out exactly what they're going to say.

However, that said, most presidents, Obama and W. Bush included, are quite good conversationalists. But if you make a ton of public appearances, you're gonna get flubs.

Hah.

You're really gullible, you know that?

He's admitted to being a Christian a couple thousand times. Also, his father was from Kenya, a Christian country. And he was raised in Hawai'i, a Christian state.

What is it with buying into anything negative said about Obama, no matter how minor, and blowing up everything he does out of proportion?

The Birther thing pretty much is just like wearing a sign saying "I'm really gullible and buy into racist xenophobia easily if talking about someone I don't like."

Time Immemorial
Has nothing to do with race. He flat out said he was muslim on that interview. Last time I checked, Islam was not a race, it is a religion.

Good try though.

Q99
Has nothing to do with race. He flat out said he was muslim on that interview. Last time I checked, Islam was not a race, it is a religion.

Good try though.

Nah, the racism's more on the grounds that people'll buy *anything* villainizing him, that and it's based on his *dad* being from Africa even though he was raised in the US. You think this 'Muslim' thing would stick on a white president? People are sticking with it because it's a way of saying he's an 'other,' that he's 'not a real American,' by slapping other types of 'other' (to them) on him, regardless of what the real evidence says.

I don't know if that was a slip of the tongue or a video edit (suspect the latter), but the man goes to Church and talks about Christianity all the time.

If you think that reflects his core beliefs, you're really gullible.

ArtificialGlory

KmwZk21uJlg

That's called a slip of the tongue. It's hardly any different than saying "Wings take dream".

Omega Vision
Who gives a **** even if he were a Muslim?

he's not

I'm going to suggest again that TI create an "I hate Obama" thread to consolidate all this.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Who gives a **** even if he were a Muslim?

he's not

I'm going to suggest again that TI create an "I hate Obama" thread to consolidate all this.

Wow so lying is ok to you. Why are you so mad?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99
Nah, the racism's more on the grounds that people'll buy *anything* villainizing him, that and it's based on his *dad* being from Africa even though he was raised in the US. You think this 'Muslim' thing would stick on a white president? People are sticking with it because it's a way of saying he's an 'other,' that he's 'not a real American,' by slapping other types of 'other' (to them) on him, regardless of what the real evidence says.

I don't know if that was a slip of the tongue or a video edit (suspect the latter), but the man goes to Church and talks about Christianity all the time.

If you think that reflects his core beliefs, you're really gullible.

I don't care what skin color he is, just transparancy of a persons belief and if they say something they stick too it.

Omega Vision
Wow so lying is ok to you. Why are you so mad?
i think the question this thread poses is why is TI so mad?

And honestly, if Obama were a secret Muslim (he's not), I would understand why he's kept it hidden. Him being an open Muslim would have made being elected much more difficult because a sad proportion of this country, while professing to be open minded and accepting, can't stomach the idea of a non-Christian in the Oval Office. I'm sure there are plenty of secret atheists/agnostics in congress who pretend to be Christians because they know that they'd be SOL if they made their (non)beliefs public. You're just fishing for reasons to call him a scumbag at this point, because now we're talking about how hypothetically bad it would be if he hypothetically lied about his hypothetical Islamic beliefs.

Makes me think of that old joke about the gaybasher.

Gaybasher: If them gays is normal people, whycome they gotta hide theyselves?

Guy: Because if they came out, guys like you would drag them behind your trucks?

Gaybasher: Oh yeah.

I think the problem would be less about Obama lying about his religion, and more about our country being a place where a politician would need to lie about his religion to not be ostracized.

Time Immemorial
Islam is the worlds biggest Religion. If he was open about it, I doubt it would make any difference.

ares834
Islam is the worlds biggest Religion. If he was open about it, I doubt it would make any difference.

confused

Star428
I thought Christianity was the biggest. It's certainly the biggest right here in the good ole US of A. I thought it was biggest worldwide too though.

Time Immemorial
I thought Christianity was the biggest. It's certainly the biggest right here in the good ole US of A. I thought it was biggest worldwide too though.

Your right. Although Obama said the Islam call to prayer was the most beautiful sounds he has ever heard.

Star428
I don't doubt it. There's also that link you posted a while back that had a picture of him wearing a ring that supposedly said something about Allah... And LOL@ OV not caring if he was, in fact, a muslim. I guess that really shouldn't surprise me though.

Omega Vision
Are you naive or just being disingenuous?

Your right. Although Obama said the Islam call to prayer was the most beautiful sounds he has ever heard.
Proves absolutely nothing. Suggests very little more than nothing.

Time Immemorial
A little ignorant don't you think. Also, quit being a douche, Omega. Its not impressive. Literally you have zero clue about much of anything and could not see truth if it slapped you in the face.

Bentley
I don't care what skin color he is, just transparancy of a persons belief and if they say something they stick too it.

It's deluded to assume politics is about honesty. People have a hard time saying the truth in their personal life with no stake at all.

krisblaze

haermm

Please travel the world

Robtard

And honestly, if Obama were a secret Muslim (he's not), I would understand why he's kept it hidden. Him being an open Muslim would have made being elected much more difficult

Would have made it basically impossible. Same if he ran and declared himself Atheist.

Robtard
Highlighting Bush's dumb ass doesn't do much though, just makes Obama look the same, without much change.

Calm down. That was in response to the "dumbocrat" comment.

NemeBro
Originally posted by krisblaze
haermm

Please travel the world Christianity is the world's biggest religion, though.

NemeBro
I don't doubt it. There's also that link you posted a while back that had a picture of him wearing a ring that supposedly said something about Allah... And LOL@ OV not caring if he was, in fact, a muslim. I guess that really shouldn't surprise me though. Why would you care?

ares834
And LOL@ OV not caring if he was, in fact, a muslim. I guess that really shouldn't surprise me though.

Yeah. OV isn't an intolerant piece of shit.

Based
Each thread in this forum makes me lose faith in humanity more and more.

ares834
haermm

Please travel the world

confused

Pretty sure Christianity is the biggest religion in the world though....

Star428
LOL. Oh, Kris Blaze is a phucking idiot. I don't bother to read his trolling posts anymore but unfortunately when someone else quotes him I sometimes forget to skip over it. Idiot doesn't know anything about me because if he did he'd know that I've travelled to many places throughout the world while I was in the Navy. If he thinks it's not the biggest religion in the world then perhaps he's the one that needs to get off his sorry Norwegian ass and travel.

Time Immemorial
I remember the time he told us we were a democracy..kid living in Norway thinks he knows anything about America: priceless.

Robtard

Star428
I remember the time he told us we were a democracy..kid living in Norway thinks he knows anything about America: priceless.

Well, unfortunately, even many Americans think we are. Hell, when I was a kid that's what I thought too. Then I educated myself on the subject. Anyone who knows the pledge of allegiance should realize we are a republic instead.

Q99

Yes, by a sizable margin of about 600 million over Islam (2.2 bil and 1.6 bil).

And of course, Islam is noticeably not-very-popular in the US, downright tiny in fact. America is 73% Christian (and Christians, I will note, are tremendously over represented in Government even so. You occasionally see people say that the government is anti-Christian, but it's basically presenting a fantasy narrative so they can feel persecuted. It's hard to get elected even if one is openly agnostic, let alone having a non-Christian/Jewish religion), 0.8% Muslim.

The whole 'secret muslim' thing is a joke, you can pretty much tell who doesn't care about little things like 'facts' by who preaches it and accepts it as real.

Jmanghan
What does obi-wan have to do with anything?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99

And of course, Islam is noticeably not-very-popular in the US, downright tiny in fact. America is 73% Christian (and Christians, I will note, are tremendously over represented in Government even so. You occasionally see people say that the government is anti-Christian, but it's basically presenting a fantasy narrative so they can feel persecuted. It's hard to get elected even if one is openly agnostic, let alone having a non-Christian/Jewish religion), 0.8% Muslim.

The whole 'secret muslim' thing is a joke, you can pretty much tell who doesn't care about little things like 'facts' by who preaches it and accepts it as real.

Funny all the atheists love Obama, funny, I wonder why.

Henry_Pym
This thread is so dumb I didn't need to read it.

R: Obama is a dumb ass

D: Nu-uh Bush was

Both are not great speakers, but are highly intelligent.

Star428

thumb up

Mindset
Funny all the atheists love Obama, funny, I wonder why. Because he's a Muslim.

Time Immemorial
Because he's a Muslim.

Agreed, most atheists are smart enough to know Allah does not exist.

Omega Vision
A little ignorant don't you think.
How so?

How am I being a douche? By disagreeing with you?

I could say the same about you, and the amount of times I've proven you wrong or demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about would make my claim stronger.

Time Immemorial
How so?

How am I being a douche? By disagreeing with you?

I could say the same about you, and the amount of times I've proven you wrong or demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about would make my claim stronger.

You know how you being a douche, doesn't need to be explained. The simple fact that you have to come defend Obama is kinda weird. What did you prove me wrong on?

Bentley
Originally posted by ares834
confused

Pretty sure Christianity is the biggest religion in the world though....

Only because of Catholicism which is shut down by several american christians as "non-christian". I guess those people would embrace the idea of Islam being the biggest religion in the world.

Time Immemorial
Catholicism is the worst.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
Only because of Catholicism which is shut down by several american christians as "non-christian". I guess those people would embrace the idea of Islam being the biggest religion in the world. Most Christians in the US are Catholic.

Several American Christians don't consider each other Christian either, it doesn't matter.

Bentley
Most Christians in the US are Catholic.

Several American Christians don't consider each other Christian either, it doesn't matter.

I agree americans don't matter shifty

You are with those who want to live in an islamic world 131

Mindset
I agree americans don't matter shifty
The Catholic ones, at least. thumb up

ArtificialGlory
It's because Obama and the atheists both consider themselves progressives.
Islam is worse.

krisblaze
Originally posted by NemeBro
Christianity is the world's biggest religion, though.
No doubt, but he'd be very surprised in how many christians there really are in Europe.

Most places you'll have people who have been shuffled into the church registry at birth, but who do not believe in god or practice any kind of christian belief.

That's why Christianity still has over 2 bill members, but can probably only sport a couple of hunderd mill who actually go to church.

Bentley
No doubt, but he'd be very surprised in how many christians there really are in Europe.

Most places you'll have people who have been shuffled into the church registry at birth, but who do not believe in god or practice any kind of christian belief.

Most places? You probably mean those with high living standards which is far from a given in Europe.

Since I'm from France I totally get what you mean though.

That's why Christianity still has over 2 bill members, but can probably only sport a couple of hunderd mill who actually go to church.

Arguably the biggest numbers for Christianity are in African/Asian/Latin American countries which are more populated and I'd argue, are more devout in general.

If you ignore half-assed believers Islam also takes a huge hit.

krisblaze
Most places? You probably mean those with high living standards which is far from a given in Europe.
Granted, but shit-europe is pretty small population-wise.

Arguably the biggest numbers for Christianity are in African/Asian/Latin American countries which are more populated and I'd argue, are more devout in general.
Africa is the place where Christianity's on it's way up, which is what makes up for the sharp decline in Europe.

If you ignore half-assed believers Islam also takes a huge hit.
Possibly, but culturally Islam is on its way up,

In Britain for example you've got 3-4 as many muslims going to the mosque as you've got christians going to church.

The thing is that people don't go out of their way to sign out of church registry, even if they don't believe in god, don't go to church, etc.

This is why you'll see inflated membership numbers contrasted with actual practice.

Bentley
Granted, but shit-europe is pretty small population-wise.

True. Poland is populated for European standards and its more religiously active than say, England.

Possibly, but culturally Islam is on its way up,

In Britain for example you've got 3-4 as many muslims going to the mosque as you've got christians going to church.

The thing is that people don't go out of their way to sign out of church registry, even if they don't believe in god, don't go to church, etc.

This is why you'll see inflated membership numbers contrasted with actual practice.

Yes there is that. Islam is probably less practiced in places where it has been historically based in the past, just like christianity (in very broad terms).

krisblaze
Yup, which is why I find it strange when people in the west take pride in the numbers.

Between the cultural death of, and relocalization of Christianity, there surely cant be much to boast about.

Hence why I invited Star to go and see the world. Surely a racist such as he must be shocked to see that the future of christianity lies in our coloured brethren (e) smile

Star428
I agree americans don't matter shifty 131

....and yet you foreigners keep coming into threads that are obviously on American subjects and continue to show your ignorance of anything American as if any of your two-cent opinion's matter one bit to us. If "Americans don't matter"then quit showing your stupidity and posting in threads pertaining to Americans. Seriously, do you think Americans give a shit about you Europeans? Are you all so goddamn ignorant to think that any of you "matter" to us or anybody else in the entire world? Get the phuck over yourselves. You're not all that. If it wasn't for the internet or world news channels we would go on with our daily lives as if you didn't even exist. We don't matter to you now. But when you need our help and come crying to us as usual we sure do don't we, hypocrite?

Ushgarak
Other than not over-reacting to a clearly jokey comment, could you also please cut out the swearing, Star428? The censor is there for a reason and trying to swear in spite of it is actually a bannable offence.

dadudemon
I think we got off track of the topic.

To directly comment on it, I find Obama's speech patterns to be irritating. He stumbles and fumbles through what he's trying to say. And he speaks far to slowly at times while he's trying to form his thoughts. He spends too much time trying to lawyer his words that he ends up just coming off as forked-tongued lawyer who can't speak very well.

And I see no need to bring up Bush. That's just partisan shit slinging because people who like Obama (or at democrats) want to detract from the thread topic. Who cares? Pretty much no one liked Bush on this site except for the obvious ones whose opinions most of us don't really care about, anyway. no expression

Originally posted by Q99

You're wasting your time with him. He's not the type that will care about a well-thought-out, fact based reply to an incorrectly held idea or belief.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by dadudemon

You're wasting your time with him. He's not the type that will care about a well-thought-out, fact based reply to an incorrectly held idea or belief.

The comment about Islam being the worlds biggest religion was a joke. It's widely believed by most, even some Christians that Islam is the worlds biggest religion. I don't know why though.

Robtard
Probably because Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion and is said to grow by over a billion in the next 30ish years.

Star428
I love your new sig, TI. smile

Time Immemorial
I love your new sig, TI. smile

big grin

Mindset
Obama can do anything a spider can.

He's Spider-Man.

Badabing
LOL. Oh, Kris Blaze is a phucking idiot. I don't bother to read his trolling posts anymore but unfortunately when someone else quotes him I sometimes forget to skip over it. Idiot doesn't know anything about me because if he did he'd know that I've travelled to many places throughout the world while I was in the Navy. If he thinks it's not the biggest religion in the world then perhaps he's the one that needs to get off his sorry Norwegian ass and travel. Star, if you have him on ignore then there's no reason to go off with a bash-filled rant. Please don't do it again.

Star428
Originally posted by Badabing
Star, if you have him on ignore then there's no reason to go off with a bash-filled rant. Please don't do it again.

Ok, Bada. But, as I said, someone else quoted him. That's only reason I saw it. Usuallly, I remember to just skip over it when I see that someone else has quoted him but I had just woke up when I saw it and forgot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.