Majin Vegeta vs. Kid Buu Vegeta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
MV vs. Vegeta when he fought Kid Buu.

Majin boost or zenkai?

juggerman
Majin would stutter stomp SSJ2 Vegeta in the Buu Saga

SSJGGogeta
Idk about that, honestly. To me, it was more impressive that SSJ2 Vegeta lasted OVER one minute against Kid Buu, then it was that Majin Vegeta lasted only seconds against fat Buu... Because it was more impressive. SSJ3 Goku effortlessly trounced fat Buu, and was stalemated by Kid Buu. Majin Vegeta was effortlessly trounced by fat Buu, yet SSJ2 Vegeta withstood a 60 second ONSLAUGHT by Kid Buu. So, SSJ3 Goku ~ Kid Buu > Fat Buu > SSJ2 Vegeta > Majin Vegeta

I don't think MV could have lasted that long against Kid Buu, so I'll give this to SSJ2 Vegeta.

And this isn't even bringing rage boost SSJ2 Vegeta in here, which has rage, and can therefor gain the boost while Majin Vegeta is just a ball of pride, with no other emotion. And Rage boost SSJ2 Vegeta was vastly superior to SSJ3 Goku, and managed to bloody Bills.

Either way, gonna give this to SSJ2 Vegeta.

Reflassshh
Kid buu was toying with him though, wasn't he?

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Kid buu was toying with him though, wasn't he?

Not in the manga. He did toy with SSJ3 Goku a lot, but it was implied that he was just trying to finish Vegeta quickly so he could fight Goku again.

Reflassshh
I haven't read the manga in like 2 years, so I don't remember it very well. But it's hard to believe that SSJ2 Vegeta survived a whole minute against a SSJ3 level being going for the kill.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Reflassshh
I haven't read the manga in like 2 years, so I don't remember it very well. But it's hard to believe that SSJ2 Vegeta survived a whole minute against a SSJ3 level being going for the kill.

Well Vegeta was the one who initiated the fight, and even managed to blow kid Buu up, with a barrage of ki blasts. After he regenerated, and started beating on him, it was just a matter of him keeping his durability up as much as possible, given that he was against someone that was stupidly faster, stronger, and more lethal than he was.

Plus though, you have to give Vegeta some credit. He can take ONE HELL of an ass beating, and survive. Like the ass-beating's against Goku(twice), Frieza, Zarbon, Recoome, Frieza(again, two or three more times), the Androids(who he managed to fight a prolonged battle against, even after one kick broke his arm), Cell, Cell Jr.'s, Fat Buu, and Bills.

He's one tough SOB to put down, that's for sure. Even for people who were hundreds, THOUSANDS even, of times stronger than him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Idk about that, honestly. To me, it was more impressive that SSJ2 Vegeta lasted OVER one minute against Kid Buu, then it was that Majin Vegeta lasted only seconds against fat Buu... Because it was more impressive. SSJ3 Goku effortlessly trounced fat Buu, and was stalemated by Kid Buu. Majin Vegeta was effortlessly trounced by fat Buu, yet SSJ2 Vegeta withstood a 60 second ONSLAUGHT by Kid Buu. So, SSJ3 Goku ~ Kid Buu > Fat Buu > SSJ2 Vegeta > Majin Vegeta

I don't think MV could have lasted that long against Kid Buu, so I'll give this to SSJ2 Vegeta.

And this isn't even bringing rage boost SSJ2 Vegeta in here, which has rage, and can therefor gain the boost while Majin Vegeta is just a ball of pride, with no other emotion. And Rage boost SSJ2 Vegeta was vastly superior to SSJ3 Goku, and managed to bloody Bills.

Either way, gonna give this to SSJ2 Vegeta.

thumb up

Some believe Vegeta retained his majin power, btw. Who knows, maybe it's true. In Fusion Reborn, Goku mentions dead Vegeta remained as strong as before he died. Non-canon, but worth mentioning.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y9zvz46z

Wait, this thread is five years old already?

FML.

Galan007
Makes sense that he'd get a zenkai boost after kamikaze'ing. thumb up

juggerman
Do zenkais work that way? Isn't it "near death" injuries not "death death"? I don't recall Goku/Vegeta ever getting a boost from actually dying.

Galan007
Zenkai might not be the right word, but I wasn't sure how else to phrase it.

When Babadi took possession of Vegeta, he unlocked his latent abilities(similar to Guru unlocking Gohan and Krillin):
https://i.imgur.com/2WHb5F6.jpg

So the Majin amp wasn't really an external powerup -- it was Vegeta's own power brought to the surface. When Vegeta came back from the afterlife, I imagine he still retained that boost.

StiltmanFTW
Call it whatever you want, guys... but it can't be denied that Goku and Vegeta made some insane progress during Buu Saga (and presumably shortly afterwards, too).

Both Z filler and especially BoS (in whichever form you like) seem to confirm it.

Kento
I'm almost certain they both had the same power. That Vegeta just kept his huge majin boost after coming back to life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.