Captain America vs Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thecomedian2
Captain America(AoU) vs Green Goblin(first movie) Blood lust is on, morals off, no prep

TheVaultDweller
Goblin. Cap isn't quite on Spiderman or his villain roster's level yet.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Goblin. Cap isn't quite on Spiderman or his villain roster's level yet.

Have you noticed a pattern to his Cap threads yet?

thecomedian2
Originally posted by Silent Master
Have you noticed a pattern to his Cap threads yet? I was impressed on his preformance against Ultron and his drones, he has been upgraded too

TheVaultDweller
Have you noticed a pattern to his Cap threads yet?

Just a bit. laughing

Silent Master
Originally posted by thecomedian2
I was impressed on his preformance against Ultron and his drones, he has been upgraded too

So you think he wins?

thecomedian2
So you think he wins? based on feats? yes, goblin didnt do much beside trash spiderman for a few rounds, in the movie he didnt look like he was a 20 tonner like Spiderman,

TheVaultDweller
I was impressed on his preformance against Ultron and his drones, he has been upgraded too

He has gotten a serious upgrade, but Spiderman and his enemies are still a level above him. Cap seemed strained when he held the weight of that car. Toby Spidey can hold the weight of a cable car full of people with one hand, and Goblin was a physical match for him. I'd say that Steve is definitely a more skilled fighter than Norman, but the Goblin's physical stats are still too far above Steve's for this match to end any way other than Cap losing. Peter had to go into rage mode to beat Norman. Before that he was getting his ass kicked all over the show.

thecomedian2
He has gotten a serious upgrade, but Spiderman and his enemies are still a level above him. Cap seemed strained when he held the weight of that car. Toby Spidey can hold the weight of a cable car full of people with one hand, and Goblin was a physical match for him. I'd say that Steve is definitely a more skilled fighter than Norman, but the Goblin's physical stats are still too far above Steve's for this match to end any way other than Cap losing. gobling was a match of spiderman because spiderman was holding back as always, BUT not when holding the cable car, thats Peak spiderman, Green Goblin was not as strong as that,

TheVaultDweller
gobling was a match of spiderman because spiderman was holding back as always, BUT not when holding the cable car, thats Peak spiderman, Green Goblin was not as strong as that,

Based on what was he holding back? He was getting manhandled and his ass kicked throughout the film, including times where civilians were in danger, and only managed to get the upper hand in the end fight long enough to impale Norman on his own glider. If you want to claim he was holding back and that Goblin wasn't his physical match, prove it.

thecomedian2
Based on what was he holding back? He was getting manhandled and his ass kicked throughout the film, including times where civilians were in danger, and only managed to get the upper hand in the end fight long enough to impale Norman on his own glider. If you want to claim he was holding back and that Goblin wasn't his physical match, prove it. thats what super heroes do, Superman and Spiderman are always holding back, while their enemies go for the kill, they always try to help them..

Arachnid1
based on feats? yes, goblin didnt do much beside trash spiderman for a few rounds, in the movie he didnt look like he was a 20 tonner like Spiderman, Carrying the cable car with one arm was a pretty amazing strength feat. He didn't struggle either, so that wasn't even his max.

Anyway, I give it to the dude that was trashing Spiderman. As someone mentioned, Spidey and his rogues are on another level.

Inhuman
Goblin

relentless1
Goblin wins

FrothByte
Goblin was also fast enough to keep up with Spidey's reflexes. As awesome as Cap is he's still not on that level.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Goblin was also fast enough to keep up with Spidey's reflexes. As awesome as Cap is he's still not on that level.

he might be after Civil war big grin

does anyone know if carver is happy that Cap loses laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

carver9
Cap wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Cap wins.

He wins here, but loses against OZY an Nomak.. Are you phucking nutz?

Goblin is Spiderman level..

SMDH

thecomedian2
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
He wins here, but loses against OZY an Nomak.. Are you phucking nutz?

Goblin is Spiderman level..

SMDH H2H OZY puts on a clinic against Cap

DTM
Again, I cant see Cap beating this level of Spider-Man villain, but I seem him doing better here than against Venom in the other thread.

TheVaultDweller
thats what super heroes do, Superman and Spiderman are always holding back, while their enemies go for the kill, they always try to help them..

That's not proof at all.

This, however, is proof indicating the opposite:

fqYHg-Ue_Cc

At around 2:30 mark Goblin easily catches his punch and then sends him flying with a kick.

From around the 3:10 mark Goblin visibly manhandles him, even with Mary Jane in mortal danger. He resorts to webbing and messing up the glider to beat Goblin.

Final fight:

hfSz0bQzZuM

Notice Goblin handling Peter until he mentions Mary Jane, and then Spidey gets bloodlusted. And even then, it required serious visible strain and effort for Peter to overpower Goblin and throw him (around the 2 minute mark). So even if we say that bloodlusted Peter is stronger than Goblin, their strength levels are still very similar, and well above Cap. And his other stats are also similar to Spiderman's, based on the fact that he was actually able to fight him evenly, making them above Cap's as well.

Sorry, Cap has gotten a lot more powerful as the movies have progressed, but he is not quite on that level yet.

TheVaultDweller
I can't believe I forgot about this:

3S2PqhtCO1E

Goblin himself casually holds the cable carrying the weight of the car with one hand, for an extended period of time. So Goblin strength > Cap strength by some margin.

thecomedian2
Cap wins

Surtur
Yeah I was about to point out Goblin has cable car holding feats of his own. He crushes Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.