Black Men Kill Police Officers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
3 Charged in cold blooded murder of two cops. I assure everyone there will be no riots. This will never be brought up and categorized as racial killings.

This is just days after Officer Brian Moore was killed in cold blood in New York City.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/10/us/mississippi-police-officers-shot-dead/index.html

"Police have charged a 22-year-old woman as the third suspect in the fatal shooting of two Hattiesburg, Mississippi, police officers, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation said Sunday.

Joanie Calloway was charged with two counts of capital murder, the bureau said in a statement.

Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, and Liquori Tate, 24, were making a traffic stop Saturday evening when they were shot, Mayor Johnny DuPree said. They were taken to a hospital, but did not survive.

Marvin Banks, 29, and Curtis Banks, 26, were arrested earlier in Hattiesburg, police said. Marvin Banks faces two counts of capital murder, along with counts of grand theft auto and felon in possession of a firearm. Police charged Curtis Banks with two counts of accessory after the fact of capital murder, according to a news release from the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, which is in charge of the investigation.

The suspects were taken into custody at different locations, police said.

After the shooting, which occurred just before 8 p.m., the suspects fled in a police vehicle before abandoning it behind a train depot, officials told CNN affiliate WDAM.

Dean's and Tate's bodies have been taken to the state medical examiner's office for autopsies, while the suspects were taken "to undisclosed jails outside Forrest County to await their initial appearances" in the Forrest County Justice Court on Monday, state police said.

A memorial service is planned for the officers Monday afternoon, the Hattiesburg American reported.

The shooting marked the first time in 30 years that an officer was killed in the line of duty in Hattiesburg, the mayor told CNN.

"The men and women who go out every day to make sure that we are safe were turned on tonight," DuPree said.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant said he and his wife, Deborah, were mourning the officers' deaths.

"This should remind us to thank all law enforcement for their unwavering service to protect and serve. May God keep them all in the hollow of his hand," he said in a statement.

Deen, who DuPree said was married with two children, was a K-9 officer who earned his department's officer of the year honors in 2012, according to The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Mississippi.

Tate was not married, DuPree said. The young officer wrote on Facebook that he graduated from the police academy in June 2014.

"I am now a Police Officer. I would like to thank God, the Police Academy, the Police Department, my family, friends, and love ones," he wrote.

Judging from his Facebook timeline, Tate was a fan of selfies, and he often posted photos of himself posing alone or with family members.

He apparently had just gotten a haircut this month, and after he posted a photo of himself, his father, Ronald Tate, replied, "Looks like you been brushing for hours! Nice though!" His son responded, "lol thanks."

In another Facebook exchange with his son in March, Ronald Tate wrote, "Hey sonnyboi! Call ya dad sometimes! I need a good laugh!" About an hour later, Liquori Tate replied, "Calling you now lol."

Reached by phone, Ronald Tate told CNN he was still in "disbelief" and needed time before speaking to the media. On Facebook, where his timeline had been filled with condolences, he wrote that he'd been in a "dizzy haze" since 10:11 p.m. Saturday.

"My heart has been ripped out of my chest, and torn into a million pieces," he said. "Gotta get down to MS where my daughter is. She's absolutely devastated. He was clearly her protector, and friend.""

NemeBro
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
3 Charged in cold blooded murder of two cops. I assure everyone there will be no riots. This will never be brought up and categorized as racial killings. There won't be any riots largely because they are being charged with the murder they committed.

What about that is so hard to understand?

Tzeentch
supra pls

Mindset
Criminals gonna criminal.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
There won't be any riots largely because they are being charged with the murder they committed.

The officers that killed that pour soul in Baltimore were charged with murder as well.

I'm simply saying the media is bias cherry picks headlines and spins them, which then causes the country to get inflamed.

Tzeentch
1. The riots that occurred in Baltimore peaked in intensity before the officers were charged. After they were charged, the intensity of the riots dropped considerably.

2. Police have a history of not getting charged for their crimes, thus when another incident of police brutality is exposed people are inclined to assume that the police will face little or no consequences. By comparison, how many black people are you aware of that have killed police and not been at least charged with murder? No one freaks out when black people commit crimes because it's almost a given that they'll face justice for it. You can't say that about police.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by NemeBro
There won't be any riots largely because they are being charged with the murder they committed.

Yeah, plus one of the cops was black, so the odds of this being a "**** white people" killing diminishes, while the odds of it being a "**** police (of any color)" killing increases.

Bringing up irrelevant incidents like this just demonstrate that a lot of white people have no idea WHY black people are even angry about police brutality cases.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah, plus one of the cops was black, so the odds of this being a "**** white people" killing diminishes, while the odds of it being a "**** police (of any color)" killing increases.

Bringing up irrelevant incidents like this just demonstrate that a lot of white people have no idea WHY black people are even angry about police brutality cases.

One was white, one was black. If both were white, wouldn't matter, if both were black, I doubt it would matter.

Point is media don't really do much good.

Omega Vision
One was white, one was black. If both were white, wouldn't matter, if both were black, I doubt it would matter.

Point is media don't really do much good.
I'm not sure what your point is. If you're criticizing the media for not giving this story the same attention as they have the police brutality case, the reason is simple and has nothing to do with political leanings and everything to do with audience interest. Criminals killing cops is a tragedy, but only worth reporting so as to honor the victims' memories, there's nothing all that surprising or controversial about it. As Mindset said, Criminals gonna criminal.

Police brutality is worthy of close scrutiny because it's a reversal of society's expectations (police being protectors of everyone, including the criminals they handle because in our society people are innocent until proven guilty), whereas cop killing by criminals is something we expect (albeit hope to avoid) to happen.

Surtur
Yet another one, black guy kills cop one day before she left for maternity leave:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-officer-suspect-killed-omaha-shooting-n362266

You know whenever I hear people spout dumb stuff like "black lives matter" I'd just think "you are an idiot, ALL lives matter, if you hate segregation and want equality STOP separating yourselves from others". But now I don't. For instance one life that doesn't matter is this guys.

Bardock42
3 Charged

Oh, so it's done already, that's good. Guess all you have to do is be a police officer to get justice in the US system...

Surtur
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, so it's done already, that's good. Guess you only have to be a police officer to get justice in the US system...

Seemed like an open and shut case though. Didn't appear to have any lies like the "hands up don't shoot" fiasco.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, so it's done already, that's good. Guess all you have to do is be a police officer to get justice in the US system... or not be a criminal... That helps.

@OP

There won't be riots because people who are intelligent enough to support the police have jobs to work and taxes to pay. We have to support those who riot claiming "deh Sysem holds dem down & don't care bout them."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.