X Men on their own? Interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://www.newsarama.com/23947-axel-alonso-says-x-men-will-have-new-world-post-secret-wars.html

The X-Men are getting gheir own world?
It wont last.

That said, why not? The franchise can easily stand on its own.
By own world i hope they mean reality, not planet, Btw...

-Pr-
Holy balls, wtf.

dyajeep
same reality, different planet...

i read an article that says Marvel plans to replace mutants with Inhumans... the premise was, they will discover that the Inhumans' terragenesis mist are fatal to mutants and it covered the whole planet, so mutants will decide to go to a different planet without the mist...

that's the reason why Cyclops will play a central role in Secret Wars... currently, he acquired the Phoenix Force again but everything's (about the spoiler above) still rumors, no confirmations, only wild guesses...

Kazenji
I'm sure this is all to do with Fox owning the Movie rights.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dyajeep
same reality, different planet...

i read an article that says Marvel plans to replace mutants with Inhumans... the premise was, they will discover that the Inhumans' terragenesis mist are fatal to mutants and it covered the whole planet, so mutants will decide to go to a different planet without the mist...

that's the reason why Cyclops will play a central role in Secret Wars... currently, he acquired the Phoenix Force again but everything's (about the spoiler above) still rumors, no confirmations, only wild guesses...

So pretty much the one the guy who has more reason than most to hate the Phoenix, is now going to be possessed by it a second bloody time.

It's like these people never read older comics or something.

Originally posted by Kazenji

Most likely.

riv6672
Hadnt even thought of that.

dyajeep

yes! and they went so far as retconning the relationship of Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch... and that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not really mutants at all... sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by dyajeep
yes! and they went so far as retconning the relationship of Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch... and that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not really mutants at all... sad

I knew about that one

what makes you think the H.E didn't do something to them when they were young.

riv6672
It hadnt ever been mentioned.
Lots of back stage politics with the X franchise.

Still, their own continuity is actually a good thing for them. Bad for the regular MU.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
the one the guy who has more reason than most to hate the Phoenix

Wolverine? 131

StiltmanFTW
I'm not liking these changes because of the movies.

Marvel needs to think wtf they're doing.

riv6672
They are. Yhey just arent making popular decisions after.
For every guy like me who doesnt mind them getting shunted, there are going to be way more who do.

dyajeep
Originally posted by riv6672
The X-Men are getting gheir own world?

the X-men are always discriminated, even in the real world... if that's what it takes to achieve justice, then so be it... however, come to think of it, if it's a new world, X-men writers would be introducing new villains? or will they have conflict among themselves? again? i hope not...

that is, if we have no choice... but i still want them to co-exist with the other characters in the same world...

riv6672
I doubt we have much choice in the matter....

Henry_Pym
Makes sense, post SW the MComicU will greatly resemble the MCinematicU so it makes sense from thier end. I can tell it's going to piss me off if they follow the abomination of an Antman movie for Pym's character in comics.

riv6672
Cant blame you.
Dont have a problem with the movie but, it took Pym ages to become top tier...

Shadow_King
Did this actually happened, did the x-men get there own world separate from the rest of marvel characters??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.