create your own Illuminati

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dyajeep
create your own Illuminati

the first six:

* Namor - represented the Atlanteans, and represented a certain mindset of anti-heroes
* Tony Stark - represented an Avenger type of hero, one who understood and appreciated that heroes could work with the government, rather than outside of it
* Reed Richards - the science side of the heroes
* Black Bolt - represented the Inhumans
* Stephen Strange - spoke for the mystical side
* Charles Xavier represented the mutant community

think of six Marvel characters that will collaborate in secret, with regards on information and strategy, despite unique traits and considerable differences - which, you think, is trustworthy and come up with a better solution than the first six members, and why...

my pick:

* Cyclops - better representative for mutantkind compared to Xavier and Magneto (even if Xavier is alive, i'd still pick him - he doesn't have powers to manipulate anyone, just his reasoning and charisma) - his decision to create Utopia and still promotes peace with humans says it all (the combination of Magneto's "mutant isolation" mentality and Xavier's peace with humanity) - also an exceptional tactician and strategist
* Spider-Man - the classic teenage Peter Parker - someone who can represent for people (humans and mutants - he once represented for mutants before as far as i recall) in poverty, can talk some sense to the others if everything's getting weird - has good sense of humor to lighten things up, and not to mention, has brains to contribute
* Wendell Vaughn - certified everyman Quasar - dubbed as "the protector of the universe", has cosmic awareness - will be the first one to know if there's any problem in and out of the planet
* Daredevil - of course, this is the sane Matt Murdock - can talk some sense to the others too and can speak on how the law and justice can help solve the problem
* Blackbolt - cannot actually think of anyone better to represent the Inhumans... Crystal maybe? but Blackbolt is better...
* Namor - cannot actually think of anyone better to represent Atlantis... Namorita maybe? but Namor is better eventhough i hate his arrogant, egotistic character...

your pick? cool

Supermex
Black Panther
Blue Marvel
Dr.Strange
Magneto
Black Bolt
Hank Pym
Namor

riv6672
* Steve Rogers - represents an Avenger type of hero, one who understands and appreciates that heroes can work with the government, rather than outside of it
* Hank Pym - the science side of the heroes
* Triton - represents the Inhumans and can liaise with Atlantis
* Ghost Rider - speaks for the mystical side
* Wolverine - represents the mutant community
* Blue Marvel - represents the humans of the world

Henry_Pym
Immortus
Kang
Ironlad
Pymtron
High Evolutionary
Doom

Horus1
My choices would be:

Black Panther (genius/adventurer/strategist/monarch) - He would serve the Reed analogue better than Reed. He may not be smarter, but the other traits he provides would be greatly beneficial.

Karnak (Inhuman/strategist/tactician) - Before he died, I could see using Karnak as the Inhuman representative. He would prove invaluable in assessing weakness in any plan.

Blue Marvel (genius/super human/everyman) - I choose Blue Marvel because he is a Human imbued with great power. He knows what it means to be Human, and possess said power. He would be able to see what would be in all of Humanities best interests, and still provide a powerhouse to the team. He is also a genius as well, and has a history of being in Clandestine situations.

*Dr. Strange (genius/mage) - I could honestly not think of any magic based character that could replace Strange. They would either not have the power Strange weilds, or have too much of a dark side. Doom could fill the role, but based on who I have chosen, Black Panther wouldn't live long on the team, lol.

Kitty Pryde (above average intelligence/mutant/compassion) - Short of Cyclops, no one probably has the heart of Xavier's dream as much as Kitty, imo. She would be able to bring compassion to the table as well, which was always missing in previous versions of the Illuminati.

*Namor (monarch/brick/mutant/atlantean) - Marvel needs to get on the stick with more mainstream Atlantean characters. I mean there is Namorita, but I would rather go with Namor. *shrugs*

I also think that they overlooked a very important aspect of the Marvel Universe, by not adding a cosmic representative.

My first pick would be:

Adam Warlock (earth born/genius/strategist/quantum mage/cosmic) - I think he would be a great asset to the team, and has a broader range in thinking and strategy. His only negative would be the lack of emotion in the above characters. (Hopefully Kitty would be enough to even it out.)

Or:

Star-Lord (earth born/strategist/above average intelligence/cosmic) - I would go with Star-Lord, if for some reason Warlock would not be available. I think he could bring a level of the Cosmic community to the team (albeit not the level that Warlock could), and has relationships with some of the
heroes of Earth already.

I also think there should be an Asgardian rep, and I don't think Thor would go for something that he would view as treacherous.

My choice here:

Heimdall (asgardian/sees every flippin thing) - No stranger to keeping secrets, and can see everygthing. I'd say that would be of great assistance to their overall goals.

Honestly I don't know if they would have done any better than the original Illuminati, but they definitly wouldn't do any worse. Short of Namor, I see them being able to get along easier that the previous team.

StiltmanFTW
Maximus the Mad

Attuma

Magneto

Baron Mordo

Mandarin

Dr. Doom

Supermex
Originally posted by Supermex
Black Panther
Blue Marvel
Dr.Strange
Magneto
Black Bolt
Hank Pym
Namor

Black Panther - King of the Dead

Blue Marvel - Reps Every man

Dr.Strange - Sorcerer Supreme

Magneto - X-Men Rep

Black Bolt - Inhuman King

Hank Pym - Scientists Supreme

Namor - Sea King

Henry_Pym
No one here is beating my team.

riv6672
That wasnt the point of the OP but, yay you. big grin

Mindset
Kanye
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Lil Wayne

Supermex
Originally posted by riv6672
That wasnt the point of the OP but, yay you. big grin

lol yay!!

Branlor Swift
Mephisto
Red Skull
Green Goblin
Ultron
Purple Man
Cyclops

I went with a pure evil Illuminati. Though Mastermind would be more fitting than Purple Man due to application but he's not quite as evil. Mephisto might be too much to fit in, so he could be replaced with Sabretooth.

riv6672
What role does Mephisto fill that Creed can replace him?
Actually could you break down the team itself? Its an interesting group.

dyajeep
* Wolverine - represents the mutant community

what?! lol... smile

golem370
Dr Strange
Ghost Rider(Blaze)
Silver Surfer
Adam Warlock
Franklin Richards/Adult
Shaman/Alpha Flight

Supermex
Green Arrow
G.L Scott
Cyborg
Zatana
Hawkman
Ray Palmer
Aquaman

riv6672
Originally posted by dyajeep
what?! lol... smile
What?

dyajeep
What?

i don't want him representing the mutant community, considering those things he did in Schism and AvX... but that's just me, bro... to each his own... smile

riv6672
Ah.
Thought you had other reasons. thumb up

Insane Titan
Loki
Red Skull
Apocalypse
Dr Doom
Kang
Thanos

riv6672
Not bad. Only one choice that has NO reason to be there.

Insane Titan
Not bad. Only one choice that has NO reason to be there. who

complexbrother
Amadeus Cho ... for the Human side

Henry McCoy ... for the Mutant side

Aquaria Neptunia ... for the Atlantis side

Belasco ... for the mysical side (bonus he can be subbed in for the atlantis side)

Thena ... for the Eternals side

Medusa ... for the Inhumans side

riv6672
Originally posted by Insane Titan
who
Think about it.

Khazra Reborn
Is there a power cap?

If not:

Odin: representative to the realm of the gods, and is more than willing to do shady shit, for the greater good.

The Fury: Attack dog. Every team needs a good murder machine.

Reed Richards: Smartest human, Earth representative.

Dr. Strange: Magic shit, obvious choice is obvious.

Thanos: Cosmic representative, a lot more than Earth is at stake.

Dr. Doom: I don't know why, but no Illuminati seems complete without Doom.

Insane Titan
Think about it. you tell me as in one way or another they all have earth based interests

riv6672
Uh huh.
Guess you thinking about it didnt get you there.
No big deal.

Henry_Pym
He means Thanus, as he is neither Earth based or a team player.

Not sure that called for snark.

golem370
I was guessing Red Skull Insane

Insane Titan
Uh huh.
Guess you thinking about it didnt get you there.
No big deal. so you didn't have a point, just you wanted my attention, just like you have In various other threads.

riv6672
No, i was trying to get you to look at your picks objectively and realize one of them was not a great choice.
You are however, seemingly incapable of doing that, and revert to posturing as a defense mechanism.
Again, no big deal.

BTW

Originally posted by golem370
Red Skull

Insane Titan
No, i was trying to get you to look at your picks objectively and realize one of them was not a great choice.
You are however, seemingly incapable of doing that, and revert to posturing as a defense mechanism.
Again, no big deal.

BTW nah I called you on your BS, your long butthurt reply proves me right.

riv6672
Posturing.
But, like you, no big deal.

laughing

Insane Titan
Posturing.
But, like you, no big deal.

laughing clearly you don't understand something called the truth.

If that was true you would t reply.

riv6672
Your upset.
This is my fault.
I should never have tried to get you to do something you clearly arent comfortable with.

Now the question becomes, do i mean being objective, or thinking.
I'll leave you alone, now. Feel free to respond but, we've monopolized the thread enough.

Insane Titan
Another long post trying to mask your butthurt.

If you wasn't trying to be a attention seeking ass, you would have said who was the odd one out in your first post instead of acting like the troll victim once again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.