Vision vs MoS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
Movie Versions

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Movie Versions

Really? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, tempted to say Vision. Not sure how Clark is going to hurt something that is not only made out of an indestructible metal, but can choose to render themselves intangible whenever they want. I mean let's assume Clark can in fact damage vibranium. Moment Vision realises Clark is actually hurting him he goes intangible and swoops away. Or rams his intangible fist into Clark's heart or head and then solidifies it again. And that's not even including the fact that Vision is powered by an infinity stone. Just depends on if his phasing could affect Clark.

So either a stalemate because neither can put the other one down, or Vision phase kills Clark.

KingD19
Vision also should have full access to the Mind Stone's powers. So he could just brain rape him.

Psychotron
Too bad Vision never did anything of note in the movie.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Too bad Vision never did anything of note in the movie.

Except have the Mind Stone. And phase through solid matter, neither of which Clark has a defense against.

Time Immemorial
Ultron KO'ed him in one hit, MOS Stomps.

Robtard
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Really? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, tempted to say Vision. Not sure how Clark is going to hurt something that is not only made out of an indestructible metal, but can choose to render themselves intangible whenever they want. I mean let's assume Clark can in fact damage vibranium. Moment Vision realises Clark is actually hurting him he goes intangible and swoops away. Or rams his intangible fist into Clark's heart or head and then solidifies it again. And that's not even including the fact that Vision is powered by an infinity stone. Just depends on if his phasing could affect Clark.

So either a stalemate because neither can put the other one down, or Vision phase kills Clark.

Indestructible you say?

http://cdn.ndtv.com/tech/images/gadgets/ultron_broken_shield.jpg

tkitna
Originally posted by Robtard
Indestructible you say?

Luckily that was only a dream so I would say the indestructible part still stands.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Ultron KO'ed him in one hit, MOS Stomps.

I recall him hitting Ultron for a home run, using Mjolnir, but not Ultron KOing him. Only time Vision was seemingly KO'd was after he basically KO'd himself mentally cutting Ultron off from the net.

Indestructible you say?

That's just a dream/hallucination. Until someone actually breaks pure vibranium, the statement still stands. And like I said, even if Clark can hurt him normally, he can't hurt something he can't touch.

Time Immemorial
I recall him hitting Ultron for a home run, using Mjolnir, but not Ultron KOing him. Only time Vision was seemingly KO'd was after he basically KO'd himself mentally cutting Ultron off from the net.

Weird if that Ko'd him, since IG>Ultron. But I guess , either way would not know if he can phase through Clark. As of now he was just doing it against cannon fodder.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Weird if that Ko'd him, since IG>Ultron. But I guess , either way would not know if he can phase through Clark. As of now he was just doing it against cannon fodder.

Well, he does it and then seems to become dazed and starts to fall, at which Ultron grabs him doing his "Think I care? You take my world, I take yours" speech, while slamming an already seemingly helpless Vision down.

And yeah, that's why I said assuming he can phase hurt him. He did it to the Ultron bots and stuff but that was pretty much it. I do believe he could phase a limb into Clark's body (his own body's level of tangibility should be independent of whatever he is moving through), but no idea what kind of effect it'd have.

Super strength, super durability, phasing/intangibility, Mind Gem blast, potential mind rape powers etc... On paper Vision should have the powerset to be able to win IMO. But he lacks feats at the moment.

carver9
Superman stomps

relentless1
Ultron was made of vibranium at the end and he went down pretty quickly from tony/thor/vision

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by relentless1
Ultron was made of vibranium at the end and he went down pretty quickly from tony/thor/vision

Technically it was a "vibranium cocktail", so very likely not as tough as a pure vibranium body would have been. And he didn't go down to any of them. He was visibly damaged and weakened, but hardly out of it. Why do you always twist anything Marvel related to make it look less/weaker than it was?

Genesis-Soldier
vision wins, superman cant cry and snap his neck like he can a kryptonian warlord.

Kotor3
Superman wins. Need to see more from Vision.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Except have the Mind Stone. And phase through solid matter, neither of which Clark has a defense against.

He had the mind stone, but he never used it to mind control anyone. He probably could, but I have no idea what the rules are and if hes limited to only using the powers he showed with it.

Psychotron

And what exactly did he do with the stone? I can't remember anything. Phasing isn't gonna do much to Clark.

Robtard
Mos flies into Vision at 100,000+ mph and obliterates him thumb up

Lestov16
What are vibraniums best durability feats and how do they stack up to MOS? As evidence by Kmc's scrutiny of adamantium, calling something indestructible does not make it so.

Silent Master
Well, Cap's shield stood up to a charged hammer strike without any damage.

maxivitopowe
Twice

Genesis-Soldier
is vision capable of using the mind stone, i had this discussion with a friend of mine and he said "no, only thanos could because he had the gauntlet to use the abilities of the stones. all the stones have powers and when together can unlock little quirks but on there own and without the gauntlet the abilities can't be used by vision"

KingD19
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Twice

Thor whacked that shield like 2-3 times in AoU.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
is vision capable of using the mind stone, i had this discussion with a friend of mine and he said "no, only thanos could because he had the gauntlet to use the abilities of the stones. all the stones have powers and when together can unlock little quirks but on there own and without the gauntlet the abilities can't be used by vision"

Did your friend see the movies? Pretty much all the stones that have been revealed so far have been used in some way or another, and none of these showings are by Thanos with the IG, so no idea where your friend is getting that from.

TheGrat1
Vision isn't pure vibranium though, if he was he wouldn't be able to move. They were bonding the vibranum to some other tissue-like substance.

Arachnid1
Did your friend see the movies? Pretty much all the stones that have been revealed so far have been used in some way or another, and none of these showings are by Thanos with the IG, so no idea where your friend is getting that from. I think he means for their actual purpose.

The mind stone was only used for blasting stuff when vision had it.

Loki was able to use it for actual mind manipulation when it was being conducted through the scepter, but I don't remember Vision doing similar. I think that means it needs something to focus it.

maxivitopowe
Tesseract - Opening Portals - Space Gem

Gungrir (sp?) - Mind Control - Mind Gem

Aethir - ? -?

The Orb - Amping - Power Gem

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I think he means for their actual purpose.

The mind stone was only used for blasting stuff when vision had it.

Loki was able to use it for actual mind manipulation when it was being conducted through the scepter, but I don't remember Vision doing similar. I think that means it needs something to focus it.

Except multiple stones are used for their each specific purpose, without the need of Thanos or the IG, which was what I was pointing out. Whether they need some kind of focus or not, they don't need Thanos or the IG.

Mind Stone - Loki mind raped people with it while it was in the scepter.

Reality Stone - Malekith was going to use it to alter the entire universe.

Space Stone - Opened inter-dimensional portals, both at the beginning and end of the first Avengers film.

Power Stone - Amped Ronan up significantly and was also used by a Celestial to wipe out a planet.

So they clearly can be used, providing the individual knows how. But we have yet to see if Vision can figure out how to do anything other than energy blasts with it.

TheVaultDweller
Except multiple stones are used for their own specific purpose, without the need of Thanos or the IG, which was what I was pointing out. Whether they need some kind of focus or not, they don't need Thanos or the IG.

Space Stone - Opened inter-dimensional portals, both at the beginning and end of the first Avengers film.

Power Stone - Amped Ronan up significantly and was also used by a Celestial to wipe out a planet.

So they clearly can be used, providing the individual knows how. But we have yet to see if Vision can figure out how to do anything other than energy blasts with it.

TheVaultDweller
Gah accidental double post. Triple with this one I guess.

Arachnid1
Except multiple stones are used for their each specific purpose, without the need of Thanos or the IG, which was what I was pointing out. Whether they need some kind of focus or not, they don't need Thanos or the IG.

So they clearly can be used, providing the individual knows how. But we have yet to see if Vision can figure out how to do anything other than energy blasts with it. Yes, but most of those had something to focus its raw power like the gauntlet. The Mind Stone had the scepter, the Space stone was inside the cube which further needed that machine, the power stone had Ronans hammer, and the reality stone was an anomaly since it wasn't all focused into its solidified form (plus, he did end up failing).

I'm not saying only Thanos can use one, but it stands to reason that you need some kind of tech or weapon made for focusing it. Its possible the gauntlet is the only object in the universe that can channel the power of all six. Its even possible that Thanos is the only one who can use the gauntlet, since it is his. It was part of his outfit since the beginning, at least in the comic.

Until we actually see Vision use it for what it's meant for, we can't assume he can.

KingD19
That whole line of reasoning ignores how the Guardian's used the Power Stone with their bodies as conduits to destroy Ronan.

And the Aether does have a solid gem form as shown in AoU.

If it was as simple as tapping someone on the chest with the scepter to control them, then Vision should be able to do at least that much. And the reason we never saw him use the Mind Gem aside from energy blasts was that...who would he use it on? Robots?

Arachnid1
That whole line of reasoning ignores how the Guardian's used the Power Stone with their bodies as conduits to destroy Ronan.

If it was as simple as tapping someone on the chest with the scepter to control them, then Vision should be able to do at least that much. And the reason we never saw him use the Mind Gem aside from energy blasts was that...who would he use it on? Robots? There is more to the power gem than just blasting out some energy. Thats literally the exact same thing vision used the mind gem for in AoU. Its more commonly used as an infinite power source to amp the other stones and to infinitely amp physical stats of the wielder.

Yes, we see it has a gem form in Thors vision. No one has actually used the gem form yet though, and even the liquid form hasn't been used to alter reality yet. We haven't seen it used for its actual purpose.

And I get that line of reasoning, but we still cant just assume he can.

Time Immemorial
Gah accidental double post. Triple with this one I guess.

Front line cannon fodder, we expect this.

Inhuman
Chiming in on a few things...

Originally posted by TheGrat1
Vision isn't pure vibranium though, if he was he wouldn't be able to move. They were bonding the vibranum to some other tissue-like substance.

Vibranium bonded to each cell that Visions body is composed of.

thumb up

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yes, but most of those had something to focus its raw power like the gauntlet. The Mind Stone had the scepter, the Space stone was inside the cube which further needed that machine, the power stone had Ronans hammer, and the reality stone was an anomaly since it wasn't all focused into its solidified form (plus, he did end up failing).

I'm not saying only Thanos can use one, but it stands to reason that you need some kind of tech or weapon made for focusing it. Its possible the gauntlet is the only object in the universe that can channel the power of all six. Its even possible that Thanos is the only one who can use the gauntlet, since it is his. It was part of his outfit since the beginning, at least in the comic.

Until we actually see Vision use it for what it's meant for, we can't assume he can.

If it was as simple as tapping someone on the chest with the scepter to control them, then Vision should be able to do at least that much. And the reason we never saw him use the Mind Gem aside from energy blasts was that...who would he use it on? Robots?

The the "casings" each gem has been shown to be inside of are necessary for a few reasons.

1. To conceal that they are infinity gems. They are considered the most power objects in the universe. We've seen various people trying to keep the gems far apart from one another. Not even Thor , who is a cosmic being, recognized that the Staff or the tesseract was an infinity gem at first. So the "casings" have been somewhat effective at hiding the gems.

2. Not anyone can handle touching or coming in contact with an infinity gem/stone. We seen people try to hold the gems and either explode or kill them, etc. They have specified that in order to hold or be able to handle the gems you have to be a being of great power.

As far as the "casings" being there as a tool to be able to channel the gems powers... well i guess that's a good theory. Never thought about it that way.
I dont think there has been any indication or hints of this in the films though.

No one has really used the gems to their full potential or may even know how to, so far. *Besides maybe the Celestial in GOTG* , but the celestial should be able to destroy a planet with its own power. No gem needed. erm

relentless1
Originally posted by Inhuman
Chiming in on a few things...

Vibranium bonded to each cell that Visions body is composed of.

thumb up

The the "casings" each gem has been shown to be inside of are necessary for a few reasons.

1. To conceal that they are infinity gems. They are considered the most power objects in the universe. We've seen various people trying to keep the gems far apart from one another. Not even Thor , who is a cosmic being, recognized that the Staff or the tesseract was an infinity gem at first. So the "casings" have been somewhat effective at hiding the gems.

2. Not anyone can handle touching or coming in contact with an infinity gem/stone. We seen people try to hold the gems and either explode or kill them, etc. They have specified that in order to hold or be able to handle the gems you have to be a being of great power.

As far as the "casings" being there as a tool to be able to channel the gems powers... well i guess that's a good theory. Never thought about it that way.
I dont think there has been any indication or hints of this in the films though.

No one has really used the gems to their full potential or may even know how to, so far. *Besides maybe the Celestial in GOTG* , but the celestial should be able to destroy a planet with its own power. No gem needed. erm

Thor knew that the Tesseract was a stone, Volstagg confirms this at the end of TDW when he tells the collector that two stones can't be kept together in the same place

relentless1
Technically it was a "vibranium cocktail", so very likely not as tough as a pure vibranium body would have been. And he didn't go down to any of them. He was visibly damaged and weakened, but hardly out of it. Why do you always twist anything Marvel related to make it look less/weaker than it was?

a. Vision isn't made from pure vibranium either, it helped bond his cells together

b. I didn't say Ultron was killed I said the trio was able to put him down; full vibranuim shell or not, thats a pretty low end feat for a supposedly indestructible metal like vibranuim to not withstand a few seconds of energy blasts

Inhuman
Thor knew that the Tesseract was a stone, Volstagg confirms this at the end of TDW when he tells the collector that two stones can't be kept together in the same place

Yeah, but they didnt know at first. So it took a bit of time for them to figure it out.

I state this in my post.

Not even Thor , who is a cosmic being, recognized that the Staff or the tesseract was an infinity gem at first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a. Vision isn't made from pure vibranium either, it helped bond his cells together

Where was it stated that Vision isnt pure vibranium?
Ultron had the Vibranium cocktail line. So thats why we could asume Ultron prime wasnt "pure V." But Vision as far as we know was made of pure vibranium. Why else would Ultron want to be in that "perfect" body, as he called it?

The Ultron prime body was a plan B body. The Vision body was his ultimate accomplishment - body.

KingD19
And Cho said her "cradle" couldn't create a robot body, then Ultron told her she just didn't have the right materials, after which he produced the Vibranium.

Mindset
Vision oneshot kills him.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Mindset
Vision oneshot kills him.

How strong is Vision's neck?

Mindset
How strong is Vision's neck? Strong enough to break Clark's wrist should he try to snap it.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Mindset
Strong enough to break Clark's wrist should he try to snap it.

laughing out loud

relentless1
And Cho said her "cradle" couldn't create a robot body, then Ultron told her she just didn't have the right materials, after which he produced the Vibranium.

then cho said that the vibranu=ium was actually bonding the cells together, ergo, the body is composed of vibranium as well as =genetic material, hence it not being a 100% vibranium body

Golgo13
Mos flies into Vision at 100,000+ mph and obliterates him thumb up

thumb up

maxivitopowe
bump

Darth Thor
Huh... Interesting thread now.

quanchi112
Vision wins.

The Ellimist
Lmao

Superman speedblitzes.

relentless1
stalemate; Vision doesn't have the strength to put Kal down and Kal can't hurt Vision either

NotAllThatEvil
Hawk eyes arrows seemed to hurt. I imagine heat vision(the eye thing, not the robot) could mess him up.

DrDeadpool
Hawkeye arrows weren't hurting vision.

Superman wont be able to hurt Vision in any way.

The Ellimist
Except by ramming him at hypersonic speeds...

If Vision could phase indefinitely and arbitrarily, he would've soloed Ultron.

Darth Thor
Even without Phasing, Vision's body is laced with Vibranium, he has the strength to tumble Giant-Man and he fires powerful energy blasts from the Infinity Stone on his forehead.

And on top of all that, he can Phase through attacks.

So yeah, something tells me it won't be that simple for Supes to simply fly at him really fast.

The Ellimist
Tumbling Giant Man is a rather unimpressive feat compared to what Superman can do. Heck, Civil War generally places him on a massively lower tier.

There's no reason to think that MCU vibranium is that absurdly durable, and even so we know Vision can still be knocked out and incapacitated, which id say would count as a win for Kent. Worse case scenario there's BFR.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Hawk eyes arrows seemed to hurt. I imagine heat vision(the eye thing, not the robot) could mess him up.

Nah they're 2 very different attacks. Saying Thor's lightning would mess him up given what Hawkeye accomplished would be a more relevant comparison.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Tumbling Giant Man is a rather unimpressive feat compared to what Superman can do.

He still has the mind stone to fire at him, and he still has his phasing ability.

There's no reason to think that MCU vibranium is that absurdly durable,

Well there is due to Cap's shield absorbing Mjolnir attacks. And it being indestrcutible as far as we know.

His whole body isn't made of pure Vibranium. But he is laced all over with it IIRC.

and even so we know Vision can still be knocked out and incapacitated,

By physical force?

Worse case scenario there's BFR.

BFR him to where? Vision can fly back.

tkitna
Tumbling Giant Man is a rather unimpressive feat compared to what Superman can do.

What, getting beat up by Batman?

TethAdamTheRock
vision can hurt superman

KuRuPT Thanosi
Vision wins. He's simply out of superman's league. If he's properly using the mindgem, all it would take is a thought.

playa1258
Superman is easily stronger and faster but it is unknown if he can hurt Vision.

Robtard
If Vision stays intangible, MoS cant. Otherwise I don't see why someone of MoS' strength couldn't hurt Vision.

Wanda was capable of tearing vibranium Ultron open with her powers and it took considerable effort of her powers to stop a runaway train filled with Koreans. MoS would have easily stopped that train, considering he was effortlessly dragging a massive ship and Krptonians throw train engines like softballs.

BvS sucked and MoS isn't better than most MCU flicks and this likely poisons the well for some people here, but the kryptonians are ridiculously powerful.

Darth Thor
^ I think Wanda was able to do that because she was tearing him from the inside, plus messing with his density powers.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I think Wanda was able to do that because she was tearing him from the inside, plus messing with his density powers.

Did Ultron have density altering powers?

Vision does and it's what she tapped into to make him so dense he couldn't move under his own strength.

TheGrat1
Stalemate. Kal can't hurt Vision if he stays intangible and I doubt Vision can hurt Kal with phasing.

Also: Vibranium is obviously not indestructible. Unless you want make a case for Cap's shield being found perfectly formed with no metalworking required, you must accept this fact.

Robtard
Stands to reason it can be tempered or the like, where it becomes more durable after the forming process.

But we know it can be damaged, had one shown and one mentioned instance in AOU. Ultron's face being damaged by the 3-way attack and Tony mentioning that Thor could only crack the vibranium-spire at best.

Darth Thor
Did Ultron have density altering powers?

Vision does and it's what she tapped into to make him so dense he couldn't move under his own strength.

Oh I misread. Thought you were talking about Wanda beating Vision not Ultron.

Originally posted by TheGrat1
Stalemate. Kal can't hurt Vision if he stays intangible and I doubt Vision can hurt Kal with phasing.

Also: Vibranium is obviously not indestructible. Unless you want make a case for Cap's shield being found perfectly formed with no metalworking required, you must accept this fact.

No.

Because they've not explained to us how they shape Vibranium yet.

X-Men films give us the explanation that Adamantium is shaped in its liquid form, but Once Adamantium is cooled down from its liquid to solid form that it's basically indestructible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.