Kit Fisto vs. Luminara Unduli & Barriss Offee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Kind of already know what people will say, but whatever.

Round 1: Barriss as of the Battle of Drongar.
Round 2: Barriss during the Temple bombing ordeal. Equipped with Asajj Ventress' lightsabers.

Luminara and Kit are in their primes. (Revenge of the Sith). Win by death or knockout.

Can the Mirialan Master/Apprentice duo defeat the esteemed Kit Fisto or will he be the one victorious? Battle takes place on the fields of Naboo.

ILS
Team.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
Team.
Interesting. Why do you say so?

And both rounds?

ILS
Either alone would give him a good fight, save for an iteration of Barriss earlier than her Dark self, but both of them together should be too much, especially with Dark Barriss factored in. Kit would make a fight of it but I don't think there's an argument in there for him.

DARTH POWER
http://www.starwars.com/databank/luminara-unduli

When crises demanded it, she and her faithful Padawan learner, Barriss Offee, would rush into the thick of conflict, where their incredible talents with the lightsaber blade served them well.

^ Yeah they take this. In fact either one has a shot at soloing (Dark Barriss almost certainly solos).

|King Joker|
Thought most would say Fisto. Need some other voices up in this *****.

Selenial
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

When crises demanded it, she and her faithful Padawan learner, Barriss Offee, would rush into the thick of conflict, where their incredible talents with the lightsaber blade served them well.

^ Yeah they take this. In fact either one has a shot at soloing (Dark Barriss almost certainly solos).

That's some pretty hilarious lowballing.

Fisto has a shot, probably loses though. At least 7/10 for team.

Trocity
Yeah, neither one solos. Together they win, though.

|King Joker|
I like this.

EmperorSidious2
Round 1. Fists as his style is dedicated to more opponents and he is actually on the high council and was on the strike team for mace windu.

Round 2. Barris solos. If she can take on anakin like that she can defeat Fisto.

Emperordmb
Team wins. They're both Bamf and have good teamwork.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Selenial

Do you know what Lowballing means?

Considering how well Luminara did against Ventress without full vision, and that Ventress solidly defeated Fisto, I'd say Luminara has a very good chance of soloing.

Dark Barriss also has a very good shot at soloing given the fight she put up against Skywalker.

|King Joker|
Well, Ventress studied Fisto's form before she engaged him, IIRC. And Makashi naturally butt-****s Shii-Cho, too.

ares834
Considering how well Luminara did against Ventress without full vision

Why do people keep saying this? Ventress was the one who blinded Luminara's eye.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
Why do people keep saying this? Ventress was the one who blinded Luminara's eye. Because she ambushed her and had prior knowledge of the environment? If someone else walked into that area (whether it be Anakin, Obi, whoever) I doubt they could have prevented Ventress from doing that, either.

ares834
Nothing really suggests she had prior knowledge of the environment.

Anyway, just watched the duel and (from what we see) its rather lopsided. I do think the team wins, but don't see Luminara having a shot to solo.

|King Joker|
Nothing really suggests she had prior knowledge of the environment.

Anyway, just watched the duel and (from what we see) its rather lopsided. I do think the team wins, but don't see Luminara having a shot to solo. Ventress was there likely a few minutes prior to Luminara entering the area which would have given her more time to plan an ambush for when Luminara eventually entered the room to confront her.

Lopsided? They were basically stalemating. erm

And I don't think Luminara solos, either, by the way. Would likely give a pretty decent fight.

ares834
Stalemating? Ventress kicks her down a large drop, pins her with those pipes, and is about to kill her when Ahsoka arrives to save Luminara.

The_Tempest

DP's hatred of Kit Fisto and the rest of the B-Team is mythic. The team may win but no way in hell does either one solo.

Lord Stark
Do you know what Lowballing means?

Considering how well Luminara did against Ventress without full vision, and that Ventress solidly defeated Fisto, I'd say Luminara has a very good chance of soloing.

Dark Barriss also has a very good shot at soloing given the fight she put up against Skywalker.

You can't really use that sort of A>B>C logic though. Makashi is designed to crush Shi-Cho +Ventress had prep and Fisto was facing a mostly unknown enemy.

Year 0 Clone Wars:
Grievous defeats Ventress and Durge simultaneously
Ventress defeats Fisto

Year 1 Clone Wars:
Fisto defeats Grievous
Luminara is defeated by Ventress

|King Joker|
Stalemating? Ventress kicks her down a large drop, pins her with those pipes, and is about to kill her when Ahsoka arrives to save Luminara. They were fighting for about a minute evenly before Ventress lunges at her and kicks her down. Luminara happened to be near the edge of the platform, and Ventress cut the pipes while Luminara was falling.
Originally posted by Lord Stark
You can't really use that sort of A>B>C logic though. Makashi is designed to crush Shi-Cho +Ventress had prep and Fisto was facing a mostly unknown enemy.

Year 0 Clone Wars:
Grievous defeats Ventress and Durge simultaneously
Ventress defeats Fisto

Year 1 Clone Wars:
Fisto defeats Grievous
Luminara is defeated by Ventress Shii-Cho also does well against multiple blades -- so Fisto had a form advantage over Grievous.

Selenial
Luminara is a soresu master, the fact that her fight lasted a minute doesn't mean anything spectacular unless she got a couple shots on Ventress and she didn't.

Also you can add to that little list that Kit was the clear superior of Obi Wan, duelling rigd around him in year 0 of the clone wars (22 BBY)

DARTH POWER
Why do people keep saying this? Ventress was the one who blinded Luminara's eye.

Yeah but it's not like she cut her eye or something. That was kind of lucky and environment specific.

In any case Luminara did pretty well after that considering she was half blind with a sore eye.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
DP's hatred of Kit Fisto and the rest of the B-Team is mythic.

You still crying over Opress outfighting the B-Team?

Jeez get over it!

The team may win but no way in hell does either one solo.

Oh really? No way in hell?

And he accuses me of Bias LOL

Contrary to your preferred belief system there are other legendary Jedi outside your precious "B-Team".

Lord Stark
Originally posted by |King Joker|
They were fighting for about a minute evenly before Ventress lunges at her and kicks her down. Luminara happened to be near the edge of the platform, and Ventress cut the pipes while Luminara was falling.
Shii-Cho also does well against multiple blades -- so Fisto had a form advantage over Grievous.

I've seen the fights, and I am well aware. All that does is add to my point that you cannot simply say 'A>B>C' so A>C. Also the form specialization aside Grievous had him outnumbered with his Magnaguard detail and he still managed to escape. Few could do the same. Its a good feat doesn't necessarily guarantee him victory over Luminara and Barriss.

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
They were fighting for about a minute evenly before Ventress lunges at her and kicks her down. Luminara happened to be near the edge of the platform, and Ventress cut the pipes while Luminara was falling.

So what you're saying is it wasn't a stalemate at all and Ventress kicked her ass. Agreed. thumb up

ILS
Contrary to your preferred belief system there are other legendary Jedi outside your precious "B-Team". *implying KMC regards the B-Team as legendary in the first place*

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I've seen the fights, and I am well aware. All that does is add to my point that you cannot simply say 'A>B>C' so A>C. Also the form specialization aside Grievous had him outnumbered with his Magnaguard detail and he still managed to escape. Few could do the same. Its a good feat doesn't necessarily guarantee him victory over Luminara and Barriss. Oh, I know, I agree.
So what you're saying is it wasn't a stalemate at all and Ventress kicked her ass. Agreed. thumb up If the fight was as lopsided as you're claiming then they wouldn't have been dueling evenly for over a minute and deadlocking in telekinesis. thumb up I was saying they were stalemating until Ventress kicked her off the platform, it wasn't such a one-sided encounter that you're trying to make it out to be.

ares834
Except it was. The duel didnt even last a minute and most of it was talking. So Ventress defeated Luminara in a rather short duel hence why I said it was lopsided. Now admitedly some of the duel was cut away which is why I added the caveat "from what we see".

|King Joker|
Except it was. The duel didnt even last a minute and most of it was talking. So Ventress defeated Luminara in a rather short duel hence why I said it was lopsided. Now admitedly some of the duel was cut away which is why I added the caveat "from what we see". It was still about a minute even if you don't count the TK contention and factor out the dialogue. If you just look at the duel "from what we see" then obviously Luminara's performance doesn't seem very impressive because of the relatively small amount of time she lasted, but you should definitely add in all the time they were dueling we didn't get to see. Even the majority of the duel she had to defend herself from a pissed Asajj while her eye was recovering from getting steam blasted in it. Give credit where credit's due.

The_Tempest
Yeah but it's not like she cut her eye or something. That was kind of lucky and environment specific.

In any case Luminara did pretty well after that considering she was half blind with a sore eye.

You still crying over Opress outfighting the B-Team?

Jeez get over it!

Oh really? No way in hell?

And he accuses me of Bias LOL

Contrary to your preferred belief system there are other legendary Jedi outside your precious "B-Team".

U mad?

Kit Fisto is one of the best swordsmen of all time according to "your precious" Obi-Wan.

Don't blame me for that, take it up with him. 👍

Selenial
Also leagues above Obi-Wan apparently thumb up

The_Tempest
Also leagues above Obi-Wan apparently thumb up

Makes sense tbh. There's a reason Mace sent Obi-Yawn after a laemo like Grievous but kept Kit in reserve against the greatest Sith Lord of all time.

Truly Kit is more masculine and powerful than Obi-Wan.

DARTH POWER
U mad?

Nah, But you have been ever since this:

http://www.starwars.com/video/wrath-of-the-sith

1:24-1:32

"You know getting taken out by Sidious is pretty good, ranks up there.. He puts up a better fight than the Jedi Council did, I'll say that much for him."

Kit Fisto is one of the best swordsmen of all time

But clearly no match for Opress thumb up

according to "your precious" Obi-Wan.

LOL

Butt hurt much?

Don't blame me for that, take it up with him.

Actually you're welcome to take it up with the Chosen One (who Dark Barriss gave hell to), Ventress, who Luminara fought pretty evenly against for the most part, Kanan who goes on about Luminara's legendary status amongst the Jedi Or the Official Site:

Oh and funny how Obi-Wan's opinion of Fisto is suddenly regarded so highly by you, when Mace Windu's opinion of Kenobi is usually thrown out of the window. Hmmm.. I suspect some bias.

The_Tempest
Nah, But you have been ever since this:

http://www.starwars.com/video/wrath-of-the-sith

1:24-1:32

"You know getting taken out by Sidious is pretty good, ranks up there.. He puts up a better fight than the Jedi Council did, I'll say that much for him."

But clearly no match for Opress thumb up

LOL

Butt hurt much?

Actually your welcome to take it up with the Chosen One (who Dark Barriss gave hell to), Ventress, who Luminara fought pretty evenly against for the most part, Kanan who goes on about Luminara's legendary status amongst the Jedi Or the Official Site:

Oh and funny how Obi-Wan's opinion of Fisto is suddenly regarded so highly by you, when Mace Windu's opinion of Kenobi is usually thrown out of the window. Hmmm.. I suspect some bias.

A.) No one said he didn't put up a better fight

B.) Says who?

C.) Just using your own words against you tbh laughing out loud

D.) Cool story. Kit manhandled Grievious who gave Obi-Yawn hell so Barris > Kit > Obi?

E.) The only thing I disregard is the notion that Obi is a better swordsman than Mace, which is factually untrue. Everything else is cool. 👍

DARTH POWER
A.) No one said he didn't put up a better fight

B.) Says who?

C.) Just using your own words against you tbh laughing out loud

D.) Cool story. Kit manhandled Grievious who gave Obi-Yawn hell so Barris > Kit > Obi?

E.) The only thing I disregard is the notion that Obi is a better swordsman than Mace, which is factually untrue. Everything else is cool. 👍

A) Cool

B) Because of A

C) Nah

D) Yeah I can't think of a time Obi owned Grievous.. Let me check through oh say one of the movies..
Oh and Obi owned Ventress (TCW movie) who beat Grievous (Massacre). Obi also owned Opress (Revival) who owned Ventress (Revenge) who beat Grievous. So the maths, equations, and feats are really all one sided they're on Kenobi's side

E) Nah you've spent your years on this forum trying to lowball Kenobi, and take him out of the elite top few swordsmen of the PT era, and striving to put him on par with (or below) Fisto.
But fact is TCW has canonically proven that if Kenobi is on par with anyone, it's Darth Maul (Filoni probably thinks he's above Maul given his commentary, but I'm fine just keeping him on par with Maul).
Maul has been Canonically (in the Old and New Canon) confirmed as one of the deadliest and best trained Sith in the Sith Order's history. And Kenobi is on par with him. I think that's kind of slightly above any "Celebrated swordsmen" quotes that Fisto has to fame. Or being the first to beat a foe(Grievous) whom Filoni outright confirmed any notable Jedi should be capable of defeating once they see past his whirling blades and intimidation factor.

The_Tempest
A) Cool

B) Because of A

C) Nah

D) Yeah I can't think of a time Obi owned Grievous.. Let me check through oh say one of the movies..
Oh and Obi owned Ventress (TCW movie) who beat Grievous (Massacre). Obi also owned Opress (Revival) who owned Ventress (Revenge) who beat Grievous. So the maths, equations, and feats are really all one sided they're on Kenobi's side

E) Nah you've spent your years on this forum trying to lowball Kenobi, and take him out of the elite top few swordsmen of the PT era, and striving to put him on par with (or below) Fisto.
But fact is TCW has canonically proven that if Kenobi is on par with anyone, it's Darth Maul (Filoni probably thinks he's above Maul given his commentary, but I'm fine just keeping him on par with Maul).
Maul has been Canonically (in the Old and New Canon) confirmed as one of the deadliest and best trained Sith in the Sith Order's history. And Kenobi is on par with him. I think that's kind of slightly above any "Celebrated swordsmen" quotes that Fisto has to fame. Or being the first to beat a foe(Grievous) whom Filoni outright confirmed any notable Jedi should be capable of defeating once they see past his whirling blades and intimidation factor.

Lots and lots of anger. I see this remains a touchy subject for you.

A.) concession accepted

B.) but he never says that 👍

C.) yup, check it again, Golum: you lashed out with a "your precious" in a fit of rage and I'm just lobbing it back to condescend you.

D.) nah. Like I said, Mace sent Obi after the pansy Grievous whilst keeping guys like Kit in reserve against the real threat. (You're missing the point here.)

E.) and at last, the heart of the matter. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps it's not that I view Obi-Wan so poorly but because Kit's just that good? There's no shame in that. I've never had an anti Obi platform. He is indeed one of the best ever... But so is Kit. And both would get effortlessly stomped by Darth Sidious. 👍

Selenial

Kit being better doesn't lowball Kenobi, but we know for a fact that Kit is the better swordsman because he duels rings around Kenobi in the Cestus deception. Obi-Wan himself admits that Fisto is his superior, and the exact same is inferred in the Revenge of the Sith novelization, when he says if Fisto and the B-Team couldn't take Sidious then he and Yoda could not...

DARTH POWER
Lots and lots of anger. I see this remains a touchy subject for you.

A.) concession accepted

B.) but he never says that 👍

C.) yup, check it again, Golum: you lashed out with a "your precious" in a fit of rage and I'm just lobbing it back to condescend you.

D.) nah. Like I said, Mace sent Obi after the pansy Grievous whilst keeping guys like Kit in reserve against the real threat. (You're missing the point here.)

E.) and at last, the heart of the matter. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps it's not that I view Obi-Wan so poorly but because Kit's just that good? There's no shame in that. I've never had an anti Obi platform. He is indeed one of the best ever... But so is Kit.

A) That Opress is better than the B-Team... Finally.

B) Oh no, back to Square 1. I suggest you read that line again by Filoni, thinking Very Carefully about the context and reconsider you completely Illogical position here.

C) erm Whatever dude.. You should hear yourself first:

DP's hatred of Kit Fisto and the rest of the B-Team is mythic.

erm

D) Yeah because capturing/killing Grievous wasn't that important right?

E) Did it ever occur to you that you actually need a little thing called proof before you just randomly place someone in the same league as a guy whose Canonically proven he's at least on Par with one of the Deadliest Sith in the entire Sith Order's history? Probably not. Preference tend to rule your arguments. Obi-Wan isn't just "one of the best," he's in the elite 3/4 best swordsmen in the entire Jedi Order in it's Golden Age no less.

And both would get effortlessly stomped by Darth Sidious. 👍

OH AND THERE IT IS....

The true source and reasoning behind every one of your arguments on these boards. Of course you WANT Fisto to be better than Kenobi, because it just makes Sidious look even better.

Unfortunately for you we've pretty much been outright told that even Opress is better than Fisto.

DARTH POWER
Kit being better doesn't lowball Kenobi, but we know for a fact that Kit is the better swordsman because he duels rings around Kenobi in the Cestus deception.

Kind of irrelevant considering in the very same novel Fisto gets solidly beaten by Ventress.

It's been irrelevant since Kenobi solidly best Ventress in TCW Movie.

Obi-Wan himself admits that Fisto is his superior, and the exact same is inferred in the Revenge of the Sith novelization, when he says if Fisto and the B-Team couldn't take Sidious then he and Yoda could not...

And Mace himself admits Kenobi is on par with him as a Swordsman, perhaps even better!

So who should we believe? Or should we take All In-Universe opinions with with a grain of salt maybe?

The_Tempest
A) That Opress is better than the B-Team... Finally.

B) Oh no, back to Square 1. I suggest you read that line again by Filoni, thinking Very Carefully about the context and reconsider you completely Illogical position here.

C) erm Whatever dude.. You should hear yourself first:

erm

D) Yeah because capturing/killing Grievous wasn't that important right?

E) Did it ever occur to you that you actually need a little thing called proof before you just randomly place someone in the same league as a guy whose Canonically proven he's at least on Par with one of the Deadliest Sith in the entire Sith Order's history? Probably not. Preference tend to rule your arguments. Obi-Wan isn't just "one of the best," he's in the elite 3/4 best swordsmen in the entire Jedi Order in it's Golden Age no less.

OH AND THERE IT IS....

The true source and reasoning behind every one of your arguments on these boards. Of course you WANT Fisto to be better than Kenobi, because it just makes Sidious look even better.

Unfortunately for you we've pretty much been outright told that even Opress is better than Fisto.

Your rage is as gratifying as it is bewildering. What is it about this that provokes such an intense emotional reaction from you?

A.) prove it

B.) all he says is that Opress put up a better fight... No one ever denied that.

C.) you're still so angry

D.) nowhere near as important as defeating Sidious... And by your own admission, any Jedi Master worth their salt should be able to take Grievous out. Sounds like Obi was given the easy assignment. erm

E.) so I say Obi-Wan is one of the best ever and you attempt to refute me with evidence that... He's one of the best ever? I don't think you thought this through, DP. Your conclusion is not supported by the evidence you provided.

F.) so angry. We already know per Lucas that Obi is nothing but fodder for Sidious. Just like Kit. All I'm doing is using evidence and inference to draw a reasonable conclusion as to why: because the two are on par. That's not bad for Obi-Wan it's just that Kit is that good. No need to get upset. 👍

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.