Ebony Blade vs Creation Blades

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
1 Which would you pick and why

2 Black Knight vs Nemesis

Galan007
1.) The Creation Blades flayed Tao, and appeared to completely shut-down his powers--and this was when he had the power of God.

2.) Nemesis seems a lot more skillful than Black Knight, imo.

abhilegend
African Blade shattered infinity being though.

Galan007
Phucking up a being who was sporting the power of God and negating his power is more impressive, imo. To each his own, though. thumb up

"Id"
Either would phuck up Superman.
Agreed?

Digi
The Creation Blades likely have a slightly higher threshold of offense, as evidenced by what Galan mentioned as well as their origin. But the EB is arguably more versatile with ancillary powers. So...I don't know.

But yeah, Nemesis likely beats Dane.

Galan007
Originally posted by "Id"
Agreed? http://img.pandawhale.com/59096-Dr-Evil-pinky-gif-One-Million-vsqm.gif

Board Walker
Originally posted by "Id"
Agreed?

Superman speedblitzes both of the blades

zopzop
I'm going with the Ebony Blade. The Creation Blades and Ebony Blade both have a "one time and never again" high but the Ebony Blade seems more consistent. It's killed a Skyfather that was Odin's level in power instantly. It turned the tide in the Avengers fight vs another Skyfather, Zeus.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
but the Ebony Blade seems more consistent. Huh? To my knowledge, the Creation Blades are always written as ridiculously haxx pieces of weaponry that can cut absolutely anything. They are very consistent in that regard.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

Phucking up a being who was sporting the power of God and negating his power is more impressive, imo.
thumb up

If Dane/Ebony Blade would've confronted Nemesis, and somehow survived, or more incredibly would've defeated Nemesis,
I would've debated with you.

But that wasn't the case, like, at all.

Dane/Ebony Blade snuck up on a distracted/vulnerable Nemesis, and only had to hit the crown where the Gems were to split her up.

Nemesis had just atomized every alternate Avenger and Ultraforce alternate there is in one swoop,
and "deliberately" allowed only 616 Avengers (including Dane) and prime Ultraforce members to live.

This tells me, the conscious Gems probably coerced Nemesis' demise by forcing Nemesis to do that.

If Nemesis would've erased them too, like she easily did with the two sets of infinite alternateS, Dane never pulls off the pis.

Digi
I realize the Superman thing is just for laughs, but I don't think it's about the blade itself. Imagine a diamond blade. Theoretically stronger than a steel blade. But you or I won't be able to slice through steel with it, because it's also a question of strength.

Now, given enough time, we could likely saw through it or hack through it. But it would take a bunch of time.

So both can absolutely harm Superman. But it may depend on the strength of the wielder.

Given the Creation Blade's ridiculous effectiveness against Majestic, I'd say most competent fighters could manage it. Not quite as sure with the EB, but probably.

Originally posted by zopzop
I'm going with the Ebony Blade. The Creation Blades and Ebony Blade both have a "one time and never again" high but the Ebony Blade seems more consistent. It's killed a Skyfather that was Odin's level in power instantly. It turned the tide in the Avengers fight vs another Skyfather, Zeus.

Yeah, like Galan said, I'm not sure what you're talking about with the consistency argument. The Blades were treated like the abstract plot device that they were, basically all the time.

zopzop
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, like Galan said, I'm not sure what you're talking about with the consistency argument. The Blades were treated like the abstract plot device that they were, basically all the time.
This is what I'm trying to say : Aside from the "flay Tao who had the power of God" showing, what else have they done?

Galan007
Flay Majestic.

Golgo13
Is cutting Tao all that impressive? How durable was he to begin with?

Galan007
It wasn't the Blades cutting Tao that was impressive, so much as it was them shutting-down/negating his power... The power of God, basically.

Digi
Yeah, Tao was channeling the power of the Creation Engine. Basically, he had Wildstorm's Infinity Gauntlet. And the blades just...turned him off.

beatboks
Theres no denying in close quarters combat the creation blades are more destructive.
Given however that the ebony blade can absorb en ergy and be used as a blaster to be a ranged weapon and the fact that I'm more a marksman than a h2h combatant, I'd take it out of the two

Digi
Originally posted by beatboks
Theres no denying in close quarters combat the creation blades are more destructive.
Given however that the ebony blade can absorb en ergy and be used as a blaster to be a ranged weapon and the fact that I'm more a marksman than a h2h combatant, I'd take it out of the two

Originally posted by Digi
The Creation Blades likely have a slightly higher threshold of offense, as evidenced by what Galan mentioned as well as their origin. But the EB is arguably more versatile with ancillary powers.

thumb up

StyleTime
1. As far as cutting ability, the Creation Blades deserve their hype. Shutting down Tao appeared to be matchup specific though. I don't think you could stab just any omnipotent being and depower them. Nemesis got stabbed and didn't particularly care beyond the usual "I just got impaled" part. The extra abilities of the Ebony Blade might edge it out here.

2. Nemesis is on par with Zealot. Not sure Dane can handle her.

carver9
Is that the only impressive showing the Creation Blade have?

h1a8
I know some use averages here. For those that do, averages are based on low and high. If a character or item has a single high showing and absolutely no lower showings (no showings displaying a limit that's lower) then the level of that single high showing is the actual level the item or character operates at, at all times.

Mindset
Thank you for explaining how averages work, h1a8.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset

I didn't explain how averages work but rather how a single showing with no lower limit showings work for all posters (not some).

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
I didn't explain how averages work but rather how a single showing with no lower limit showings work for all posters (not some). h1a8, you did explain how averages work.

If you don't even read your own posts, how can I trust you read comics?

h1a8
h1a8, you did explain how averages work.

If you don't even read your own posts, how can I trust you read comics? There are many ways to average. One can truncate very low and very high showings and go for middle of the road showings. Or one can put more weight on middle of the road and higher showings than lower ones. In no way can anyone mathematically average all of a character's showings. So each person's average is different than the next one. I'll tell you this. More than 95% of all the posters put more weight on higher showings than lower one for the character they are debating to win.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
There are many ways to average. One can truncate very low and very high showings and go for middle of the road showings. Or one can put more weight on middle of the road and higher showings than lower ones. In no way can anyone mathematically average all of a character's showings. So each person's average is different than the next one. I'll tell you this. More than 95% of all the posters put more weight on higher showings than lower one for the character they are debating to win. Thank you for explaining different ways to take averages, h1a8.

StyleTime
laughing out loud

I'm not sure what he was directing that at, or was it just a "The More You Know" moment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.