Darth Venamis vs. Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Raptor22
Mara comfortably

EmperorSidious2
Mara in a land slide.

carthage
I doubt it'd be comfortably but ok.

Emperordmb
What does Venamis have again?

carthage
Fought with Darth Plagueis until Plagueis overwhelmed him in that Battlemind like moment, he was also fast enough to be seen as a trail of red light in the forest

Angelalex242
Venamis is no match for Batwoman!

NewGuy01
Lol @ comfort, but Mara's the victor here.

Sinious
thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lol @ comfort, but Mara's the victor here.

Raptor22
Venamis has no feats to make this a challange. He has one fight 7 paragraphs long, 4 of which he's getting humiliated. And even though - " Tenebrous had made venamis an expert in plagueis' s style, and so the bith could not only anticipate but counter plagueis' s every move." He was only able to land a single flesh wound on plagueis before getting utterly stomped.

NewGuy01
Being part of the Banite lineage is enough on it's own to warrant a challenge; but besides that? He's an ambidextrous master of multiple lightsaber styles with a particularly unorthodox technique, and respectably powerful in his own right. Furthermore, he gave Plagueis quite a bit of trouble, and that's more than enough to contend with Mara standalone.

carthage
He was only beaten when Plagueis reached a battlemind like state and overwhelmed him. Before that he was fighting at an advantage even fighting him while hovering:

They fought evenly until Plagueis used some sort of technique. I agree Mara would win, but to say she'd stomp him is ridiculous

ILS
It wasn't a technique, Plagueis was just tactically superior. He fought conservatively in order to prolong the fight and frustrate Venamis. Venamis proceeded to ramp up the rate of his attack, overextend himself, and then Plagueis took the edge back.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Venamis is no match for Batwoman!

Aw damn it beat me to it lol.

Angelalex242
Well, a guy who can be baited is in a bad way against Mara.

Raptor22
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Being part of the Banite lineage is enough on it's own to warrant a challenge; but besides that? He's an ambidextrous master of multiple lightsaber styles with a particularly unorthodox technique, and respectably powerful in his own right. Furthermore, he gave Plagueis quite a bit of trouble, and that's more than enough to contend with Mara standalone. Except he wasnt really part of the lineage, more like a possible successor that was too weak to carry the mantle.

Where does it say hes a master of multiple lightsaber styles? It says hes an expert in plagueis style, and he mixed forms, not that hes a master of multiple. And his unorthodox fighting style consisted of twirling his surprisingly limber body, and tossing his lightsaber from hand to hand. Forgive me for not being too impressed.

Outside of the flesh wound to plagueis neck, due largely to him being trained to counter plagueis every move, what trouble did he give him that would constitute quite alot? They fought thru some trees and streams while plagueis wasnt even giving him his complete attention. He even took a moment mid fight to wonder what the fight looked like to people at the fort thru the trees before he basically let the force guide his moves and completely dominated venamis. If he really was giving plagueis quite a bit of trouble dont u think he would have given him his full attention?

ILS
"He even took a moment mid fight to wonder what the fight looked like to people at the fort thru the trees before he basically let the force guide his moves and completely dominated venamis."

I'm pretty sure he was thinking about that after the fight but I might be wrong. Either way there's nothing to suggest he wasn't giving Venamis his full attention. Descriptive writing doesn't mean a character's own thoughts are wandering lol.

Raptor22

ILS
Him taking that "moment" didn't hinder him, and it doesn't correlate to the phrase "took himself out of his body". That's a pretty common phrase relating to Force users letting the Force guide them.

carthage
I always interpreted that quote as some sort of self-amplification. Oh well, your point would make more sense.

Raptor22
Originally posted by ILS
Him taking that "moment" didn't hinder him, and it doesn't correlate to the phrase "took himself out of his body". That's a pretty common phrase relating to Force users letting the Force guide them. Thats kind of my point tho, that it didnt hinder him, because he wasnt facing a grave enough threat for it to matter either way. Reinforced by the fact that he dominates him in the next paragraph. In my opinion i dont see plagueises mind wandering like that even for a moment if he was facing a legitimate opponent, and then the ease he handled him with after he let the force guide his blade didnt help.

i only posted that second paragraph to show where the "moment" happened in correlation to the rest of the fight. But i completely agree about the force guiding him thing, i actually said the exact same thing earlier in the thread.

ILS
You need to re-read the fight, lol. Plagueis took a cut and it wasn't by any means an easy fight. I thought that'd be pretty obvious. He won only through playing on Venamis' psychology, otherwise the fight was pretty much dead even with Venamis having a large prior knowledge advantage and equal physicality.

S_W_LeGenD
It is stated that Darth Venamis would do well in Darth Bane's era. He isn't bad, but he met more then his match in Darth Plagueis.

Mara Jade Skywalker may not be able to challenge Venamis head-on, she may need a suitable setting to beat him. She is no Darth Plagueis.

Raptor22
Originally posted by ILS
You need to re-read the fight, lol. Plagueis took a cut and it wasn't by any means an easy fight. I thought that'd be pretty obvious. He won only through playing on Venamis' psychology, otherwise the fight was pretty much dead even with Venamis having a large prior knowledge advantage and equal physicality. ya it was dead even, for a paragraph, then when plagueis decided to, he ended it , with ease.

NewGuy01
It wasn't dead even, Venamis was winning. Plagueis won by changing strategies, it had nothing to do with "deciding" to win, he let the Force guide him, gave ground and allowed Venamis to wear himself out before using surprise tactics to cleanly finish the fight.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
It is stated that Darth Venamis would do well in Darth Bane's era. He isn't bad, but he met more then his match in Darth Plagueis.

This sounds familiar. Quote?

Angelalex242
Plagueis won by changing strategies. Sadly for Venamis, that happens to be one of Mara's strong suits. Poor guy.

SunRazer
Venamis does have the speed edge, but any skill edge on his part is highly suspect. He's also quite versatile and unorthodox, but not as unorthodox as Mara, which probably gives her a minimal edge over Venamis. Being a challenge to a later Banite Sith is a pretty monumental feat, even if there's little else to work with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.