Top 10 Harry Potter Duelists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
In the potter universe who are the top 10 Deulist.

Jmanghan
You spelled Duelist wrong..

Genesis-Soldier
dumledore
dumblebeard
bane of the V
Dumblefluff the Magnificent
Snape
Dumblelock's
DD
Dumbum's
Dumbledore
ron weasley

EmperorSidious2
1. Dumbledore

2. Voldemort

3. Grindlewald

4. Mcgonagall

5. Snape

6. Bellatrix

7. Mad eye moody

8. Kingsley

9. Lucius Malfoy

10. Filius Flitwick

Genesis-Soldier
where is serious?

Impediment
Fixed the title. It was driving me nuts.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
where is serious?

He's in my top 15.

Inhuman
1. Dobby

Jmanghan
Harry isn't in this????

Seriously, dude was easily above Bellatrix.

Silent Master
Hell, Bellatrix was beaten by Molly.

Jmanghan
EXACTLY!

I'd argue he's better then Snape too, but he was beaten by Snape.

Jmanghan
Also, Lucius ****ing Malfoy???

Quincy
My fanfiction Wizard duelist Mac Rodley.

He's an american wizard champion duelist who wears an american flag bandanna and uses TWO WANDS **** OUTTA HEREEEEEEE

juggerman
1. Dumbledore

2. Voldemort

3. Snape

4. Mcgonagall

5. Sirius Black

6. Mad Eye Moody

7. Remus Lupin

8. Kingsley

9. Harry Potter

10. Hermione Granger

Jmanghan
I actually think Harry is above Sirius, as he was killed by Bellatrix.

juggerman
He was killed by a cheap shot tho. He was smiling at Harry and then got hit outta nowhere. Also Harry attacked her from behind so I wouldn't say he was necessarily better than her either.

Jmanghan
He beat her twice, and disarmed Sirius.

Utrigita
Originally posted by juggerman
1. Dumbledore

2. Voldemort

3. Snape

4. Mcgonagall

5. Sirius Black

6. Mad Eye Moody

7. Remus Lupin

8. Kingsley

9. Harry Potter

10. Hermione Granger

You wouldn't throw Grindelwald in here somewhere?

KingD19
Hagrid should be on this list. His near immunity to magic is crazy.

michaelx
1. Harry Potter
2. Neville Longbottom
3. Ron Weasely
4. Bellatrix
5. Hermoine Granger
6. Tom Riddle
7. Snape
8. Dumbledore
9. Voldemort
10. Hagrid

juggerman
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He beat her twice, and disarmed Sirius.

Sirius wasn't trying to fight Harry.

When did he best her twice? Perhaps I need to watch these again

juggerman
Originally posted by Utrigita
You wouldn't throw Grindelwald in here somewhere?

No only because we never actually see him in action. He was good in his time but he might not have been as good as the others. We just don't know

Horus1
Harry attacked her from behind.

laughing Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I have a problem.

ares834
1. Dumbledore

2. Voldemort

3. Snape

4. Mcgonagall

5. Sirius Black

6. Mad Eye Moody

7. Remus Lupin

8. Kingsley

9. Harry Potter

10. Hermione Granger

I actually wouldn't put either Harry or Hermione in the top ten. Bellatrix, Flitwick, and Lucius are probably better IMO.

juggerman
Originally posted by ares834
I actually wouldn't put either Harry or Hermione in the top ten. Bellatrix, Flitwick, and Lucius are probably better IMO.

Bellatrix lost to an unskilled house wife. Lucious looked terrible against the children like all those Deatheaters.

Utrigita
No only because we never actually see him in action. He was good in his time but he might not have been as good as the others. We just don't know

I agree we doesn't see him in action, yet his reputation seems to be around the same as Voldemort, that of all wizards only Albus had the required skill to defeat him in open combat. But cool, was just wondering smile

ares834
Bellatrix lost to an unskilled house wife. Lucious looked terrible against the children like all those Deatheaters.

Bellartrix's loss was PIS. Plus she was kicking Hermione and Ginny's ass at the same time (at least in the books she was can't remember in the film).

As for Lucius, he and his Deatheater's weren't really fighting as he didnt want to damage the prophecy.

Surtur
Molly beat Bellatrix, but it should be said that seemed more just stupid then anything else. She pulled a "just watch and stare as magic hits you", just like Sirius. It was obviously supposed to mirror the death of Sirius, I guess the writer just sort of forgot this was supposed to be one of Voldemorts most powerful followers.

On the other hand, why is Molly automatically unskilled because she is a housewife? But still, Bellatrix was dueling three people at once, but suddenly can't defeat Molly?

I've always wondered how skilled the wizard who is supposed to be over 10,000 years old is. Though I guess that is moot here, he wasn't in the movies.

juggerman
Originally posted by Utrigita
I agree we doesn't see him in action, yet his reputation seems to be around the same as Voldemort, that of all wizards only Albus had the required skill to defeat him in open combat. But cool, was just wondering smile

The only reason I discounted him was cuz we never saw him in action. Kinda like if I was doing a top ten for the Marvel films I would not include Thanos simply because he has no feats at the moment. He would likely be #1 but since we've only seen him chill on a throne so far he gets bumped.

juggerman
Bellartrix's loss was PIS. Plus she was kicking Hermione and Ginny's ass at the same time (at least in the books she was can't remember in the film).

As for Lucius, he and his Deatheater's weren't really fighting as he didnt want to damage the prophecy.

Yes I was trying to keep the books out of it. My list would change for the books. But that loss was just embarrassing

I really need to rewatch this stuff but the only time I recall Lucious actually in battle he was getting beat down by children or getting double teamed by Harry and Sirius. Both were ass showings so he gets ass placement. If he has a good feats please remind me

juggerman
Originally posted by Surtur
Molly beat Bellatrix, but it should be said that seemed more just stupid then anything else. She pulled a "just watch and stare as magic hits you", just like Sirius. It was obviously supposed to mirror the death of Sirius, I guess the writer just sort of forgot this was supposed to be one of Voldemorts most powerful followers.

On the other hand, why is Molly automatically unskilled because she is a housewife? But still, Bellatrix was dueling three people at once, but suddenly can't defeat Molly?

I've always wondered how skilled the wizard who is supposed to be over 10,000 years old is. Though I guess that is moot here, he wasn't in the movies.

Eh Molly has no feats and never showed she was anything other than a housewife. It she had come out like "Oh I used to be the best Auror but quit for my family" I wouldn't be so hard on Bellatrix

Surtur
It makes you kind of have to ask yourself..why is Hogwarts so famous if it is so horrible at teaching? Maybe horrible is a strong word, but they are definitely sub par. Look at how some 15 yr. olds embarrassed adult wizards, and they really only did it with a batch of about 5-6 specific spells.

The Ministry of Magic has to turn to Fred and George Weasley to buy cloaks and other clothing items with shield charms because a lot of ministry people can't even do decent shield charms. WTF have they been teaching the high level students at Hogwarts?

I realize the adults in HP have an unnatural hatred of children, so is this why they are such poor teachers?

ares834
How is losing to Sirius an "ass showing"? The guy is one of the most talented wizards out there.

As for his ranking, he was Voldemort's lieutenant prior to his loss. That would suggest he was an incredibly formidable wizard. Feat wise though, he doesn't really have a lot.

juggerman
It makes you kind of have to ask yourself..why is Hogwarts so famous if it is so horrible at teaching? Maybe horrible is a strong word, but they are definitely sub par. Look at how some 15 yr. olds embarrassed adult wizards, and they really only did it with a batch of about 5-6 specific spells.

The Ministry of Magic has to turn to Fred and George Weasley to buy cloaks and other clothing items with shield charms because a lot of ministry people can't even do decent shield charms. WTF have they been teaching the high level students at Hogwarts?

I realize the adults in HP have an unnatural hatred of children, so is this why they are such poor teachers?

That's actually a really good point.

I remember when Harry was being interviewed for the tournament and Rita asked him something like "how does it feel to be against wizards that have mastered spells you couldn't even dream of" I was like dafuq?! What spells? And clearly Harry only needs like three to be top dawg!

juggerman
How is losing to Sirius an "ass showing"? The guy is one of the most talented wizards out there.

As for his ranking, he was Voldemort's lieutenant prior to his loss. That would suggest he was an incredibly formidable wizard. Feat wise though, he doesn't really have a lot.

I don't want to go by "reputation" here. If we did then yeah maybe. But he was being beat by kids. KIDS. Rep can only get you so far.

And didn't Lockhart have a great rep?

Losing to Sirius isn't bad in itself, but it was like he stood no chance at all. If he made him work for it, ok. But no. And KIDS man!

ares834
I don't want to go by "reputation" here. If we did then yeah maybe. But he was being beat by kids. KIDS. Rep can only get you so far.

And didn't Lockhart have a great rep?

Losing to Sirius isn't bad in itself, but it was like he stood no chance at all. If he made him work for it, ok. But no. And KIDS man!

He never lost to kids though...

Like I said he wasn't really fighting them as he didn't want to damage the prophecy.

As for rep, most of these characters don't really have many feats. You kinda have to really on their positions and reputation for this.

Surtur
That's actually a really good point.

I remember when Harry was being interviewed for the tournament and Rita asked him something like "how does it feel to be against wizards that have mastered spells you couldn't even dream of" I was like dafuq?! What spells? And clearly Harry only needs like three to be top dawg!

It gets even more horrifying, the first task is to fight a dragon and get an egg from it. Each dragon is clearly chained up during the fight. Harry's dragon breaks free and chases him far away from where they were trying to kill him the entire time. Nobody..not even Dumbledore, does anything but watch and wait. They obviously chained them up for a reason, and yet when one breaks free and chases a 14 r. old out into the distance they all just sit there. They also KNEW someone entered him into the contest in order to endanger him, but they allow him to fly out of sight with a dragon trying to melt his face off.

Exactly how could they of been sure the dragon wouldn't kill Harry? They also decide to use him as bait to lure Voldemort out. Even though he is a student currently attending a school, which means using him as bait puts every student at risk.

This is the same school with a murder tree on the grounds. Oh they use slave labor too.

juggerman
He never lost to kids though...

Like I said he wasn't really fighting them as he didn't want to damage the prophecy.

As for rep, most of these characters don't really have many feats. You kinda have to really on their positions and reputation for this.

I have no problem with you or other using reputation in this. I just don't feel it works that well when you have children beating adults left and right. I don't just mean in that scene either. And Malfoy did nothing impressive to me. He could have grown in status other ways than being a savvy duelist. Wormtail became one of Vold's most trusted lackies and he was ass imo. Draco got in Vold's good graces too and he sucked.

juggerman
It gets even more horrifying, the first task is to fight a dragon and get an egg from it. Each dragon is clearly chained up during the fight. Harry's dragon breaks free and chases him far away from where they were trying to kill him the entire time. Nobody..not even Dumbledore, does anything but watch and wait. They obviously chained them up for a reason, and yet when one breaks free and chases a 14 r. old out into the distance they all just sit there.

Exactly how could they of been sure the dragon wouldn't kill Harry? They also decide to use him as bait to lure Voldemort out. Even though is a student currently attending a school, which means using him as bait puts every student at risk.

This is the same school with a murder tree on the grounds. Oh they use slave labor too.

Don't forget about the man sized spiders that can eat your face!

Surtur
Don't forget about the man sized spiders that can eat your face!

At least those usually stay in the Forbidden Forest. The same highly dangerous forest they decided to build a school right next to. To be fair they do take some amazing security measures against a student going into the forest: in the beginning of the year they tell you not to go into the forest. Bam, problem solved.

Oh and they allow the soul of a murdered student to roam the halls and give people who haven't sprouted pubes yet time machines so they can take an extra class. Why are these people considered good guys?

ares834
I have no problem with you or other using reputation in this. I just don't feel it works that well when you have children beating adults left and right. I don't just mean in that scene either. And Malfoy did nothing impressive to me. He could have grown in status other ways than being a savvy duelist. Wormtail became one of Vold's most trusted lackies and he was ass imo. Draco got in Vold's good graces too and he sucked.

Wormtounge never held a position of power. He was merely a servant.

By contrast, Lucius wasn't merely in Voldemort's good graces, he was his 2nd in command. The two aren't comparable.

juggerman
Wormtounge never held a position of power. He was merely a servant.

By contrast, Lucius wasn't merely in Voldemort's good graces, he was his 2nd in command. The two aren't comparable.

True but nothing at all says he needs to be a great duelist to be Vold's right hand. He could be sure smart and influential. Not hat he would be a shit duelist but honestly his influence, power and wealth would be more helpful than if he were just some super badass fighter.

EmperorSidious2
Let's get something straight people, Harry is powerful but he doesn't rank amongst the best of his time. Bellatrix is is not that far behind snape and mcgonaagll and they are way above Harry. Hell snape even says potter you can never win any type of fuel if you don't keep your mouth shut and your mind closed. Harry was only able to disarm voldemort due to a couple of severe disadvantages for voldemort. 1. The elder wand wasn't going to kill it's master. 2. He had just lost the last piece of his soul. Harry is powerful but he isn't Dumbledore, he isn't voldemort, he isn't any of the top duelist. He doesn't rank in the top 5 and I would go as far to say the top 10 and possibly the top 15. I can give you a list of people who would take Harry out top 10 list.

Dumbledore
Voldemort
Grindlewald
Mcgonaagll
Snape
Moody
Kingsley
Lucius
Sirius
Lupin
Tonks
Flitwick
Draco
Hermione
Dolohov
Bellatrix

Also Molly beating bellatrix is not legit. Notice bellatrix had her completely on the ropes until she got cocky and let up. She was underestimating Molly and not embracing the power she had. She was also caught off guard with the magic she was letting out. So Molly is not a top 10 duelist.

EmperorSidious2
Also, Lucius ****ing Malfoy???

Able to go toe to toe with Sirius and is stated to be the only death eater other than snape who skills were able to contend with bellatrix or so they say.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by michaelx
1. Harry Potter
2. Neville Longbottom
3. Ron Weasely
4. Bellatrix
5. Hermoine Granger
6. Tom Riddle
7. Snape
8. Dumbledore
9. Voldemort
10. Hagrid

Why is dumbleodre #8 on this list?

EmperorSidious2
Harry isn't in this????

Seriously, dude was easily above Bellatrix.

How?

Surtur
Harry, with practice, definitely could of surpassed Bellatrix. But I don't think we ever saw him do anything that would put him above her in a duel.

True but nothing at all says he needs to be a great duelist to be Vold's right hand. He could be sure smart and influential. Not hat he would be a shit duelist but honestly his influence, power and wealth would be more helpful than if he were just some super badass fighter.

Of course we know Lucius is the opposite of smart. He tries to murder Harry Potter with the AK right inside Hogwarts.

juggerman
Of course we know Lucius is the opposite of smart. He tries to murder Harry Potter with the AK right inside Hogwarts.

You can't count that against him. He just lost his best slave! His buttrage made him act before thinking

Surtur
How the hell did the wizards even enslave a race that seems more powerful then them? This is never explained. Even if the elves aren't more powerful they seem at least equal, and capable of casting magic a lot quicker then most humans.

juggerman
How the hell did the wizards even enslave a race that seems more powerful then them? This is never explained. Even if the elves aren't more powerful they seem at least equal, and capable of casting magic a lot quicker then most humans.

Same way humans enslave other humans I assume. Fear, superior numbers ect.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
How? He beat her, twice.

Harry beat Lucius in a real duel, beat Voldemort, twice.

Seriously, what has Bellatrix done that is on the level of Harry Potter who, by the 5th movie, is at least Sirius level.

EmperorSidious2
He beat her, twice
Harry beat Lucius in a real duel, beat Voldemort, twice.

Seriously, what has Bellatrix done that is on the level of Harry Potter who, by the 5th movie, is at least Sirius level.

He beat bellatrix twice? When?

He did disarm him of his walking stick however sirius did most of the work. Also this is speculation but wasn't Lucius distracted for a second since his partner had just been taken out.

Bellatrix is known to be on level of snape and mcgonagll people who we know can defeat Harry by his sixth year and his seventh year.

Jmanghan
He beat bellatrix twice? When?

He did disarm him of his walking stick however sirius did most of the work. Also this is speculation but wasn't Lucius distracted for a second since his partner had just been taken out.

Bellatrix is known to be on level of snape and mcgonagll people who we know can defeat Harry by his sixth year and his seventh year.

5th movie, and also in the Part 1 of the 7th movie.

EmperorSidious2
5th movie, and also in the Part 1 of the 7th movie.

So her running and not putting up a fight me as she was beaten. She didn't draw her wand at Harry to fight she was just running, just exiting the scene. I will have to rewtach that part because I don't recall when he fought her and won. He fought Draco and narcissa then bellatrix held a knife up to,hermione throat. In this battle however bellatrix did dispatch 4 death eaters by herself.

Surtur
Same way humans enslave other humans I assume. Fear, superior numbers ect.

But they can teleport away whenever they want, they are even powerful enough to get into Hogwarts. Harry should of been using Dobby to try to get the assistance of other elves. They could of used the excuse that Voldemort was a treat to all their masters. It would of been awesome to see a bunch of elves fighting Death Eaters. Dobby slapped down Lucius Malfoy pretty easily.

EmperorSidious2
But they can teleport away whenever they want, they are even powerful enough to get into Hogwarts. Harry should of been using Dobby to try to get the assistance of other elves. They could of used the excuse that Voldemort was a treat to all their masters. It would of been awesome to see a bunch of elves fighting Death Eaters. Dobby slapped down Lucius Malfoy pretty easily.

JK Rowling has stated that a common former with a shotgun could defeat a wizard.

Jmanghan
JK Rowling has stated that a common former with a shotgun could defeat a wizard. Didn't work out so we against hagrid though :/

Surtur
JK Rowling has stated that a common former with a shotgun could defeat a wizard.

What a silly statement for her to make. At BEST, that is a quickdraw. Not a guaranteed win.

EmperorSidious2
What a silly statement for her to make. At BEST, that is a quickdraw. Not a guaranteed win.

I think when she said that she wanted people that these were kill able wizards by normal human weapons.

Jmanghan
I think when she said that she wanted people that these were kill able wizards by normal human weapons.

What?

EmperorSidious2
What?

Trying to put them on human level just a thought. Basically trying to say they are powerful but they aren't these immortal figures. Just specualtion though.

EmperorSidious2
After reconsideration I have reorganized my list a bit

1. Dumbledore
2. Voldemort
3. Grindlewald
4. Mcgonagall
5. Snape
6. Bellatrix
7. Flitwick
8. Antonin Dolohov
9. Moody
10. Kingsley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.