J'onn vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Optimal battle strategy fight. Both are 100% out of character and bloodlusted, and fight smart for once. Full knowledge of each other.

Who wins?

Mindset
Thor smashes Jonn's skull in, slips on the blood and caves his own skull in.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Who wins?

Certainly not Manjobber.

BL and being OOC... that still won't stop J'onn from manjobbing. It's his primary power that cannot be turned off, even in a forum setting.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Certainly not Manjobber.

BL and being OOC... that still won't stop J'onn from manjobbing. It's his primary power that cannot be turned off, even in a forum setting.

Pretend that Beyonder gave Perfect Legend and Daigo (Or whoever, pick a pro gamer) a fighting game where they think it's a really good Mugen sim, but it's them controlling the actual characters. smile

krisblaze
Perfect Legend is a ****ing joke.

Pick someone else plz

I don't think some *** playing keepaway with manjobber is going to stop Thor from soulsucking him.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by krisblaze

Pick someone else plz

I don't think some *** playing keepaway with manjobber is going to stop Thor from soulsucking him.

Was trying to represent the MK scene, seeing MM is an Injustice dlc, but ok:

Chris G? I hear the guy was actually banned from Skullgirls tourney's for stomping everyone.. big grin

Kryptoniano
Manjobber gets beaten to a pulp.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud

h1a8
I'm not sure how fast Jonn is. I'm going to say Thor for now until I see some speed feats. Jonn can make it hard for Thor by using intangibility and using tp to create illusions or to make Thor lose focus a little. Jonn has to materialize in order to attack though. Thor's lightning is pretty fast and effective though.

Digi
J'onn has still been affected while intangible, yeah? Wouldn't Mjolnir's matter manipulation f*ck him up something fierce? It might not be a OHK - he can control his body's molecules after all - but it would certainly jar him and make the fight easier for Thor.

Or have Mjolnir create anti-matter. Or...

I could come up with 2-3 others if pressed. But if we're really taking the OP at face value, Thor's got more powers than Megaman at his disposal, and J'onn is in trouble.

abhilegend
J'onn can at least get a double KO with TP. Both sucks, so who cares anyway?

relentless1
Jonn Mindrapes Thor while he phases his fist through his face

h1a8
Originally posted by Digi
J'onn has still been affected while intangible, yeah? Wouldn't Mjolnir's matter manipulation f*ck him up something fierce? It might not be a OHK - he can control his body's molecules after all - but it would certainly jar him and make the fight easier for Thor.

Or have Mjolnir create anti-matter. Or...

I could come up with 2-3 others if pressed. But if we're really taking the OP at face value, Thor's got more powers than Megaman at his disposal, and J'onn is in trouble. it was plot driven of how Jonn was affected being intangible. Thor has shown no capabilities of effecting intangible things. The vision showing doesn't prove it as vision wasn't intangible when Thor affected him. You are forgetting that Jonn has tp and can make Thor lose focus. Also Jonn has ranged attacks that would make Thor be on the defensive. Thor can't attack and defend well (if at all). Jonn could also phase under the ground and rising behind Thor to assault the hell out of him.

cdtm
Only example I could really think of where his intangibility is bypassed is when Kanto stuck him with a New Gods sword, that used hyperspace energy or something.

But he didn't pull a power out of his butt, so much as prep against him. And New Gods tend to be the biggest plot devices in fiction anyways (Like Metrons role in the Superboy/Black Zero story, making BZ's conquest of the multiverse possible, and later stopping him. Or how in Rock of Ages, Orion reset the universe with a genesis box he was building in his basement.)

abhilegend
Preus oneshotted him while he was intangible.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset

laughing out loud

krisblaze
Was trying to represent the MK scene, seeing MM is an Injustice dlc, but ok:

Chris G? I hear the guy was actually banned from Skullgirls tourney's for stomping everyone.. big grin

Now we're talkin'

h1a8
Originally posted by abhilegend
Preus oneshotted him while he was intangible. That was plot driven since we know general things can't touch him while being intangible. Is pre 52 version the one we are debating?

Digi
Originally posted by h1a8
it was plot driven of how Jonn was affected being intangible. Thor has shown no capabilities of effecting intangible things. The vision showing doesn't prove it as vision wasn't intangible when Thor affected him. You are forgetting that Jonn has tp and can make Thor lose focus. Also Jonn has ranged attacks that would make Thor be on the defensive. Thor can't attack and defend well (if at all). Jonn could also phase under the ground and rising behind Thor to assault the hell out of him.

I forgot nothing. I'm aware of both their power sets. And most of what you mentioned wouldn't matter imo. I like the general "Thor can't attack well" comment. Lol. Also, Mjolnir's energy soak is basically unmatched at this level. He's fighting smart here, remember? Any ranged attack is getting turned back on J'onn x10 (the hammer can do that easily).

Thor wins.

h1a8
I forgot nothing. I'm aware of both their power sets. And most of what you mentioned wouldn't matter imo. I like the general "Thor can't attack well" comment. Lol. Also, Mjolnir's energy soak is basically unmatched at this level. He's fighting smart here, remember? Any ranged attack is getting turned back on J'onn x10 (the hammer can do that easily).

Thor wins. I apologize. Sometimes my english isn't good. I meant that Thor can't attack and defend at the SAME time very well. He either defends or attacks. He can do either very well though.

Jonn can aim at Thor's eyes, causing Thor to block his face and lose sight of Jonn. Jonn then can move his continuous beam all around Thor's body (including feet). Thor would have to spin the hammer to block this continuous moving beam. If he spins the hammer then he can't absorb and send the beam back. Also Thor would have a huge problem blocking his lower body (under his knees up to his feet).

If Jonn messes with Thor's mind just a little (like illusions) then Thor can lose focus and get hit with hv or a punch. Jonn going under the ground is very effective too. And finally, a good sucker punch from behind can cause Thor to drop the hammer, even a good punch from the front can. Jonn can just assail Thor with hv and punching at the same time.

cdtm
I'm not saying MM wins a majority, but invisibility combined with being able to create stabbing/slashing weapons that could pierce all the way through Etrigan's chest and slash Kanto's throat (Who's invulnerable and immune to fire pits) has to count for something.

He also used shapeshifting enhancement to block the New Gods sword that cut through his intangibility, for the record.

h1a8
I'm not saying MM wins a majority, but invisibility combined with being able to create stabbing/slashing weapons that could pierce all the way through Etrigan's chest and slash Kanto's throat (Who's invulnerable and immune to fire pits) has to count for something.

He also used shapeshifting enhancement to block the New Gods sword that cut through his intangibility, for the record. Good points. I didn't think of invisibility and stabbing weapons.

Surtur
If this is pre NuDC version of J'onn then he is a good deal faster then Thor. He should win. There is no NuDC version of J'onn. We saw someone pretending to be him who fought Midnighter, but I call alien of a non-martian variety shenanigans. No self respecting Martian loses to Midnighter.

Digi
I apologize. Sometimes my english isn't good. I meant that Thor can't attack and defend at the SAME time very well. He either defends or attacks. He can do either very well though.

Jonn can aim at Thor's eyes, causing Thor to block his face and lose sight of Jonn. Jonn then can move his continuous beam all around Thor's body (including feet). Thor would have to spin the hammer to block this continuous moving beam. If he spins the hammer then he can't absorb and send the beam back. Also Thor would have a huge problem blocking his lower body (under his knees up to his feet).

If Jonn messes with Thor's mind just a little (like illusions) then Thor can lose focus and get hit with hv or a punch. Jonn going under the ground is very effective too. And finally, a good sucker punch from behind can cause Thor to drop the hammer, even a good punch from the front can. Jonn can just assail Thor with hv and punching at the same time.

No worries on the language thing; you do fine ( smile ). I just disagree. For example, your whole post here is just talking about J'onn attacking Thor. It's incredibly lopsided, and doesn't consider any of the possibilities for Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
If this is pre NuDC version of J'onn then he is a good deal faster then Thor. He should win. There is no NuDC version of J'onn. We saw someone pretending to be him who fought Midnighter, but I call alien of a non-martian variety shenanigans. No self respecting Martian loses to Midnighter. Gladiator is faster than Thor as well. Who won ?

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Goadiator is faster than Thor as well. Who won ?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wkp-AAFm8AI/hqdefault.jpg

quanchi112
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wkp-AAFm8AI/hqdefault.jpg When he held back and turned into a mortal. Should I post the scene of a defeated gladiator saying he's too fast and too strong. smile

JayDaDon

Pick someone else plz

I dunno, I thought he was pretty beastly in this fight...

X-hHF2OOhwI

Surtur
Gladiator is faster than Thor as well. Who won ?

Gladiator is way faster then Thor. It is too bad he didn't really use it much to his advantage when they fought. Though Gladiator doesn't have all the powers J'onn does.

quanchi112
Gladiator is way faster then Thor. It is too bad he didn't really use it much to his advantage when they fought. So Thor came out on top. That's why MM loses as well. Thor would wreck him as soon as he went all out like against Gladiator.

Surtur
So Thor came out on top. That's why MM loses as well. Thor would wreck him as soon as he went all out like against Gladiator.

But you realize Gladiator didn't actually utilize his vastly superior speed in any real significant way when he fought Thor, right?

quanchi112
But you realize Gladiator didn't actually utilize his vastly superior speed in any real significant way when he fought Thor, right? Inrealize what happened. You speculating on a different outcome is just speculation. I go by what happens not what I think could happen.

Surtur
Inrealize what happened. You speculating on a different outcome is just speculation. I go by what happens not what I think could happen.

I still really don't follow your logic. Here we have a fight where people are stated to be going all out in, so we don't have to worry about characters stupidly not using their powers to their utmost ability. But then you are bringing up feats of Thor defeating someone even though you know that person is faster and wasn't using his speed to his utmost ability. Thus bringing it up wouldn't really prove anything for this specific fight, given his opponent isn't being hampered by the plot or by his own personality, etc.

Either that or you believe Gladiator is faster then Thor, but not by any significant amount?

quanchi112
I still really don't follow your logic. Here we have a fight where people are stated to be going all out in, so we don't have to worry about characters stupidly not using their powers to their utmost ability. But then you are bringing up feats of Thor defeating someone even though you know that person is faster and wasn't using his speed to his utmost ability. Thus bringing it up wouldn't really prove anything for this specific fight, given his opponent isn't being hampered by the plot or by his own personality, etc.

Either that or you believe Gladiator is faster then Thor, but not by any significant amount? that's your opinion. You wanting to say hey this guy didn't fight to the utmost ability is a biased and flawed way of ignoring the comics. Thor also didn't soul suck or god last but I don't cry foul when he doesn't fight with his most potent attacks. Both fought like they usually do but regardless what happened is an objective fact. You speculating op about the plot is subjective. Every character meets due to plot so making exceptions is biased and extremely subjective.

cdtm
Now we're talkin'

smile

Speaking of the soul sucking you mentioned in your last post, did you know MM moved his soul into his hand, and then lost the hand and let his souless body be killed?

No idea if this will let him defend against Thor's soul suck, but my god is it a creepy power. Ostrander's MM was pretty much a Lovecraftian horror and should be read by everyone at least once.. He might not win more battles, but you'll never look at him the same again.

Also, chocos.

Stoic

Pick someone else plz

Not just that but Thor has several other tricks up his sleeve that he could use to end this extremely fast.

-Pr-
smile

Speaking of the soul sucking you mentioned in your last post, did you know MM moved his soul into his hand, and then lost the hand and let his souless body be killed?

No idea if this will let him defend against Thor's soul suck, but my god is it a creepy power. Ostrander's MM was pretty much a Lovecraftian horror and should be read by everyone at least once.. He might not win more battles, but you'll never look at him the same again.

Also, chocos.

thumb up

h1a8
No worries on the language thing; you do fine ( smile ). I just disagree. For example, your whole post here is just talking about J'onn attacking Thor. It's incredibly lopsided, and doesn't consider any of the possibilities for Thor. But in my first post I actually gave Thor the win. I said the lightning is fast and effective. I'm not sure how fast Jonn is. If Thor gets that lightning out fast then Jonn is in trouble. If not then Thor starts on the defensive as Jonn can hv or go under the ground or become invisible and use tp.

relentless1
Jonn Jonzz is Superman with more powers, he would stomp Thor

krisblaze
smile

Also, chocos.

Very interesting, but unfortunately the soul is dragged into the hammer, it doesn't matter where he puts it.

DarkSaint85
I'm not sure how fast Jonn is. I'm going to say Thor for now until I see some speed feats. Jonn can make it hard for Thor by using intangibility and using tp to create illusions or to make Thor lose focus a little. Jonn has to materialize in order to attack though. Thor's lightning is pretty fast and effective though.

Fast enough to fight a mind controlled, bloodlusted Flash:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2648426-3.png

TRavelling-wise, fast enough to save the world:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2648944-2.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2648945-3.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2648947-4.png

TP speed wise:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2649344-2.png

He was fast enough to outrace teleportation:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652216-1.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652217-2.png

So yeah, he's pretty fast, considering his jobber status.

And he has feats of keeping gods asleep:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2650092-1.png

Or he could just shift into Thor, and steal his Myuh-myuh:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2633842-1.png

The Nuul
Okay, let's talk about Loki, he has been going at Thor forever. Thor is used to tricks, illusions, tp, cloaking, invisibility, phasing, shape shifting, Loki has a more tricks than what MM can do.

A smart Thor, to his full potential, would not be tricked or be beaten by this stuff. Sure MM may have speed on him, but that's about it.

Thor wins.

DarkSaint85
What if speed is all the edge he needs?

The Nuul
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What if speed is all the edge he needs?

It might not be by that big of a margin for MM to win. A smart Thor is still fast, Thor has FTL reactions.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ FTL Thor. Zum, the white Martian raced Flash on foot across continents and actually had him in trouble with his tactics.

Thor ain't no wally West.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Nuul
It might not be by that big of a margin for MM to win. A smart Thor is still fast, Thor has FTL reactions. actually Thor doesn't. At best, Thor has blocked energy beams from 30ft away or more. Ftl reactions is the ability to react in less than 3 nanoseconds (equivalent to reacting to light speed from 1 meter away, not 30). Loki didn't really do much to Thor like you are saying. Some things Loki did do actually worked on Thor in the beginning. You have to be specific. Mention actual feats. Anyway, Tp can be used to blind or stall Thor for a moment while Jonn opens up an attack. Loki has never tp against Thor. Jonn can go under the ground or turn invisible. Thors only chance is speed of his attack.

DarkSaint85
actually Thor doesn't. At best, Thor has blocked energy beams from 30ft away or more. Ftl reactions is the ability to react in less than 3 nanoseconds (equivalent to reacting to light speed from 1 meter away, not 30). Loki didn't really do much to Thor like you are saying. Some things Loki did do actually worked on Thor in the beginning. You have to be specific. Mention actual feats. Anyway, Tp can be used to blind or stall Thor for a moment while Jonn opens up an attack. Loki has never tp against Thor. Jonn can go under the ground or turn invisible. Thors only chance is speed of his attack.

I posted some speed feats for you sad

The Nuul
No one cares about h1.

the Darkone
Thor wins

The Nuul
Does MM still has his fear of fire?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KlRqnFFDS3I/VF-NarB7GGI/AAAAAAAAf1g/y_oM1Eu8tFA/s1600/thor351_20.jpg

Surtur
that's your opinion. You wanting to say hey this guy didn't fight to the utmost ability is a biased and flawed way of ignoring the comics. Thor also didn't soul suck or god last but I don't cry foul when he doesn't fight with his most potent attacks. Both fought like they usually do but regardless what happened is an objective fact. You speculating op about the plot is subjective. Every character meets due to plot so making exceptions is biased and extremely subjective.

You aren't even making sense now. You said yourself Gladiator is faster then Thor. How big of a gap do you think there is between them? Here let me answer that for you: Gladiator can overcome time dilation on sheer speed, it's just a thing he does. You know who absolutely could not do that and needed technology? Yep, Thor.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Nuul
Does MM still has his fear of fire?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KlRqnFFDS3I/VF-NarB7GGI/AAAAAAAAf1g/y_oM1Eu8tFA/s1600/thor351_20.jpg

Not for a while now, even before New 52.

Even right before his death, he was hit by 300 pyro-tranqs, then stabbed in the chest by a weapon made by Darkseid - and was still powerful enough to mind rape a group of villains - including TPs like Grodd and strong-willed guys like Luthor/Shiva. Whilst dying:

http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652479-1.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652480-2.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652481-3.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652482-4.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652484-5.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652485-6.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652486-7.png
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2652487-8.png

abhilegend
Heh, Thor fans don't like to talk about that showing.

Surtur
Prior to the reboot J'onn eventually somewhat got rid of the fire weakness. He went halfsies on it, it seemed. It needed to be fire with "psychic hatred" or something behind it. Not fire created via psychic powers, but rather fire set with a malicious purpose. So if you just like to burn things just because you are crazy..that won't do. But if you truly have some hatred for J'onn or all life and light a match? Apparently yeah..that will have more effect.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by abhilegend
Heh, Thor fans don't like to talk about that showing.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_075.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_076.jpg

⚡ ❔

Mindship
Optimal battle strategy fight. Both are 100% out of character ...What's the difference between this and debating powersets?

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindship
What's the difference between this and debating powersets?

*Shrugs*

abhilegend
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_075.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_076.jpg

⚡ ❔
Nobody denied J'onn's amazing ability to job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.