Battle of the battle masters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Every Jedi Battle Master in history has a giant free for all . Which battle master is the last one standing?

NewGuy01
The Hero of Tython.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Hero of Tython. as far as I know he does not hold the title of "battle master"

Nephthys
They get it in the expansion. Battlemaster of the Order.

And yes, the Hero of Tython.

ILS
Cin Drallig since Grievous would get dastroyed if he ever fought him tbh

FreshestSlice
The Hero of Tython.

AncientPower
The Hero of Tython.

Aurbere
The Hero of Tython.

Trocity
Vodo via stick

Hero of Python
The Hero of Tython.

Lord Stark
Ironically the other battlemasters are rarely seen in battle so yeah HoT stomps on the virtue of far more exposure (and plot relevance).

Angelalex242
The title of Battlemaster doesn't seem to mean much.

FreshestSlice
Except they instruct the military branch of the Order, arguably the most important in dire times, in lightsaber combat, maybe?

Zenwolf
Stark does bring up a hilarious point lol, there's very little in the way of showings for Battlemasters...

But yeah, the title isn't nothing to wave off. Battlemasters are some of the most deadliest beings in the galaxy, they are the most physically imposing of Jedi, tactical in combat ability, etc and so on.

WildBantha88
Excluding HoT who would it be?

FreshestSlice
Katarn.

Emperordmb
There's Kao Cen Darach from the Return SWTOR Trailer

There's Jun Seros, who I don't know much about other than that the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt killed him.

There's HOT, who has been brought up by most of the people in the thread.

There's Hoth, who ascended to the position in his early twenties and cut through a sea of Sith enemies.

There's Skarch Vaunk, whose a ****ing awesome character IMO, but has literally no showings.

There's Cin Drallig, who has some good accolades and a controversial fight with Vader.

There's Cam Solusar, who I really don't know much about.

And there's Kyle Katarn, who Caedus was wary of, and whose peer (Viun Gaalan) held his own against Luke briefly before retreating.

After HOT, I'd give it to Kyle Katarn personally. Then maybe Hoth idk.

AncientPower
Don't forget Raskta Lsu.

EDIT: nvm she was Weapons Master.

Emperordmb
She's a Weapons Master, different rank.

carthage
Who else occupied weapons master throughout the Jedi orders history?

Emperordmb
Apparently Thon and Vodo Siosk Baas

WildBantha88
wasn't Anoon a battle master? And Sora Bulq before he went all dark side

AncientPower
Mace Windu was Weapons Master.

Emperordmb
Quote/Source?

Sinious
The Hero of Tython.

Angelalex242

AncientPower
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Quote/Source?

Power of the Jedi apparently.

Emperordmb
I just checked, and it doesn't confirm Windu as a Jedi Weapons Master.

carthage
So Ancient lied about another quote, Big surprise!

Emperordmb
Based on some of the wording, like referring to Windu as a "Swordmaster" and saying he had "exotic weapon proficiency," it's easily understandable to see how someone could've made that mistake, and Ancient did say "apparently" when naming the source. This incident really doesn't warrant the asinine response of calling him a liar.

|King Joker|
http://media.giphy.com/media/Yx7xU5XVczB2E/giphy.gif

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
So Ancient lied about another quote, Big surprise!
If he isn't actually listed as Jedi Weapons Master in his RPG profile, which I am sure he is then I must be misremembering and for that I apologise.

Though on second thought you taking a potential placement of a character in an irrelevant list this seriously is just another sign you are a troll. Go be a troglodyte somewhere your intellect belongs, perhaps a Call of Duty youtube comment section.

NewGuy01
He's a troll... Because he's taking Star Wars fax seriously? D:

Emperordmb
**** NEVERMIND!

Windu's listed as a Weapons Master in some box next to a picture of Yaddle that I failed to notice.

|King Joker|
How embarrassing...

Emperordmb
I was looking at the wrong person's RPG statistics box or whatever. They have those things weirdly positioned.

carthage
That makes sense, she wielded a stick after all like Vodo

AncientPower
I told you so, Mace Windu was a Weapon Master, Carthage your concession is accepted.

Emperordmb
Apparently so is Bondara.

S_W_LeGenD
Hero of Tython solidly.

EmperorSidious2
Kyle Katarn is the best battlemaster

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Apparently Thon and Vodo Siosk Baas

The Tales era didn't seem quite as organized, I'm not sure if they had the position.

Originally posted by WildBantha88
wasn't Anoon a battle master? And Sora Bulq before he went all dark side

Anoon is *strongly* suspected, since he's described as being a fantastic duelist and instructor, and he died the same year Cin Drallig got the position. Since we don't know any other strong duelists who died at the time, I'm inclined to agree that he was.

Sora, no, he's just a very skilled duelist but the time doesn't work, Cin was battlemaster at the time.

Emperordmb
Power of the Jedi confirms Thon and Baas as weapon masters. It also confirmed Bondara and Windu as weapon masters.

Q99
Weapons master, a slightly different job than battle master

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.