Atari's Mascot??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Playstation - Crash Bandicoot

Sega - Sonic

Nintendo - Mario

Xbox (Microsoft) - Master Chief

Atari - ???

My best guess would be Pitfall Harry??

Ridley_Prime
E.T. 313

Jmanghan
Movie-Based game :/ Doesn't count.

Nemesis X
Congrats, J, on completely missing the joke.

Jmanghan
**** off, I have aspergers, I have excuses.

Jmanghan
Although, I should be nicer to you guys, because one of these days I'm going to get banned for treating you all like crap.

Tzeentch
You're a 19 years old martial artist with aspergers and a sex addiction, who has struggled with pedophilic thoughts in the past?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You're a 19 years old martial artist with aspergers and a sex addiction, who has struggled with pedophilic thoughts in the past? Yes.

Although, "Martial Artist" is a loose term, since I wasn't so great at it.

Anyway, getting off-topic: Who guyz? We need some clarity in here.

ares834
Pac-Man obviously.

Bentley
Originally posted by ares834
Pac-Man obviously.

He's Namco's AND the Atari version of Pac-man blows.

Jmanghan
Pitfall Harry, guyz.

He was on every Atari console except the Lynx.

ares834
Originally posted by Bentley
He's Namco's AND the Atari version of Pac-man blows.

Oh duh, my bad.

Quincy
A desert, probably

Jmanghan
...But guys...

Ushgarak
Famously cocked up interview from Sam Tramiel, head of Atari in the mid-90s

http://strider.untergrund.net/toxicmag/toxic15/articles/tramiel.htm

Hilarious for many reasons- like claiming Atari would continue to be a major console force, that the Jaguar was more powerful than all PCs and consoles except the upcoming Playstation which was a 'little bit stronger' (but would be trumped by Jaguar 2), and that $500 was the fair price for the Playstation to go for and selling it at under that would be illegal price dumping that Atari would take Sony to court for.

But he was also asked about the lack of an Atari mascot, and had this to say:

...the icon game, right. Our competitor, 3DO, does not have an icon game. Sony does not have an icon game. But we do think it is a nice thing to have an icon game. We're going to work on two or three different ideas at one time to see which one really takes hold. There's an old coin-op from the old Atari games called Major Havoc. It was a Tempest game from a technology point of view, with vector graphics. The game featured Major Havoc who goes out and saves a space station. He's a very cool character. We're going to modernize him and make him into an Atari character, bring him back from the '80s.

So there you go! How could you not know about the famous Major Havoc?

Worth reading in full though, as a part of gaming history.

Bentley
Ok, you convinced me with that last post Ushgarak, it's definitively Pitfall Harry.

Impediment
Kratos should be Playstation's mascot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.