Jaden Korr vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Round 1 - Sabers

Round 2 - Force

Round 3 - All-Out

Does the student have what it takes to surpass the master?

Fated Xtasy
Lol I've made this before. The consensus around here is kyle wins. Though I'd say Jaden takes force powers personally.

Jmanghan
Did Ragnos' spirit add on to Tavion's power? Or did it just get replaces by Ragnos' power? I'm not sure how that works.

Col. Valerian
I think this'd be quite close. Not sure, for some reason I believe Jaden takes this.

NewGuy01
Kyle.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Did Ragnos' spirit add on to Tavion's power? Or did it just get replaces by Ragnos' power? I'm not sure how that works.

Tavions databank states she wielded "incredible power" when possessed. So it may have been adding to her power.

But there have been quotes stating that Kyle would give Luke a better fight than some guy in one of the Abby books.

I'd personally say that Kyle's got the saber edge while Jaden has the Force edge. But that's just me

Col. Valerian
Yeah me too.

carthage
Katarn probably easily at that

FreshestSlice
Katarn in all three, honestly.

Vorpal Ruin
Kyle should win every fight, but it would be hard. Jaden is good, but they didn't let him get old enough to pass Kyle.

FreshestSlice
Pretty sure Jaden gets well past middle aged. The simple fact is, Kyle is just better.

carthage
thumb up

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Pretty sure Jaden gets well past middle aged. The simple fact is, Kyle is just better.

A quick search indicates that Jaden died at age 40. People don't start getting weaker in the force after they hit middle age. I'd say they are pretty close in skill.

Jmanghan
Well, yeah, but then Iteration came back with all of Jaden's memories, blah blah blah.

Essentially making him Jaden Korr, he is literally the clone of Jaden Korr.

Emperordmb
It was actually Jaden's consciousness, not just his memories that the Iteration possessed.

Jmanghan
Exactly. I mean, yeah, it sucks that Jaden's body was destroyed, but we haven't seen his official death yet.

Vorpal Ruin
But the end of Jaden Corr- or his consciousness in the clone- still concluded with Crosscurrent, right? The clone didn't keep having adventures did it? So either way, he still was only ever written to around age 40.

Emperordmb
He popped up in FOTJ at a few points.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He popped up in FOTJ at a few points.

I forgot about that.

It's too bad the additional planned novels concerning Jaden were cancelled with Disney's acquisition. I would have enjoyed reading more.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
A quick search indicates that Jaden died at age 40. People don't start getting weaker in the force after they hit middle age. I'd say they are pretty close in skill.
That wasn't even the point being made. The point is Korr is old enough to be at his prime. He is not more powerful than Kyle. These are simple truths. You acted as if Korr needs to die of old age to truly determine his prime. That's not really how this works.

Vorpal Ruin
That wasn't even the point being made. The point is Korr is old enough to be at his prime. He is not more powerful than Kyle. These are simple truths. You acted as if Korr needs to die of old age to truly determine his prime. That's not really how this works.

I'm aware of the point being made. So was Luke Skywalker in his prime at 40? Yoda? Dooku? Mace? Sidious? Why do you think that a star wars character's prime should already be attained by 40 when we see so many characters continue to grow in power as they age?

I acted as if his life hasn't been written as far as Kyle Katarn's has. It's just a simple truth.

FreshestSlice
I'm aware of the point being made. So was Luke Skywalker in his prime at 40? Yoda? Dooku? Mace? Sidious? Why do you think that a star wars character's prime should already be attained by 40 when we see so many characters continue to grow in power as they age?
Ignoring the fact that Yoda isn't human, every other person on that list was at their physical prime before 40, and most of them were at their actual prime by that age as well. It's also pretty stupid to base an argument on nothing but speculation. By your logic, Kyle could also continue to grow more until the day he dies, so no debate concerning these two, ever, will be valid.

Yes, it really has, and no, it really isn't.

Vorpal Ruin
Yes, it really has, and no, it really isn't.

So, Kyle is about 20 years older than Jaden, and although both of their last appearances were in FOTJ, you think they were written to the same age?

Ignoring the fact that Yoda isn't human, every other person on that list was at their physical prime before 40, and most of them were at their actual prime by that age as well. It's also pretty stupid to base an argument on nothing but speculation. By your logic, Kyle could also continue to grow more until the day he dies, so no debate concerning these two, ever, will be valid.

Do you think physical prime = overall prime?

By your logic, Kyle could also continue to grow more until the day he dies
That's how star wars logic often goes. Sorry, I don't write it; i'm just a fan.

Vorpal Ruin
Ignoring the fact that Yoda isn't human, every other person on that list was at their physical prime before 40, and most of them were at their actual prime by that age as well.

Luke at his "physical prime" under age 40 would crush his older self in combat? You're getting too hung up on something that doesn't matter much to people who are strong in the force: physical prime.

FreshestSlice
So, Kyle is about 20 years older than Jaden, and although both of their last appearances were in FOTJ, you think they were written to the same age?

Your talking about "the fleshing out" of his life, not his actual age.

I remember saying these words absolutely nowhere.

The **** are you talking about?

Considering Luke at 44 could already manipulate black holes, probably. I'd say Luke at 40 would defeat Luke at 62.

Again, not the argument I was making.

Vorpal Ruin
Your talking about "the fleshing out" of his life, not his actual age.
I'm glad we are on the same page here.
I remember saying these words absolutely nowhere.

I asked a question.

The **** are you talking about?

How many Star Wars characters only grow in power as they get older.

Considering Luke at 44 could already manipulate black holes, probably. I'd say Luke at 40 would defeat Luke at 62.

I wouldn't bet on the younger Luke. When "Prime Luke" is used in this board, it's FOTJ Luke, not NJO Luke.

Again, not the argument I was making.

You are the one who brought up both prime and physical prime. I already said that Kyle wins here, but if Jaden would have had more written about more(or fleshed out; sorry for the confusion) that he possibly could have surpassed Kyle at some point.

gideongarner01

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.