wayward pines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
A Secret Service agent goes to Wayward Pines, Idaho, in search of two federal agents who have gone missing in the bucolic town. He soon learns that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

RsQ9Fl0VCkk

It got me intrigued and interested after seeing the first ep. It will prob get cancelled though because it's fox.

Surtur
So Twin Peaks for a new generation. Oh..oh it that Juliette Lewis? Yeah..kind of ew.

The Nuul
Last ep was interesting...

Lewis dies

jaden101
Been good so far. The opening scene is a direct homage to Lost. Some great acting from Matt Dillon, Terrance Howard and Melissa Leo. Not so much from Juliette Lewis. Cinematography is second to none. Adds to the mystery of the whole thing. It's been billed as an event series so should finish at 10 episodes. Hopefully it does cos Under the Dome was supposed to be a single season and was completely ruined by extending it purely because it got decent ratings.

Robtard
First two were great.

The Nuul
now there are monsters/aliens? wtf.... I didn't expect this...

Robtard
Yeah, I was expecting this to be some government or powerful group doing some sort of experiment, though the time-difference angle didn't gel.

Now it does seem to be extraterrestrial in some fashion.

The Nuul
Yeah, I thought that as well.... I don't know if I like new plot twist or not.

BruceSkywalker
is this a show i should watch

Robtard
So far, it is.

The Nuul
I agree thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
So far, it is.

Originally posted by The Nuul
I agree thumb up

thanks i'll give it a look

The Nuul
Oh wtf.... this ****ing show. It's hurting my head.

Dillon becomes the cop now but quits, and wtf was that thing at the end?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/trying-to-remember.gif

jaden101
We find out a lot next week. That's why the episode is called The Truth.

jaden101
I've got a feeling this is not gonna go down the aliens route.

If I was to guess I'd say it's an almost Matrix style plot. The 'real' world of their past is some kind of suspended animation shown as humanity was in the past as humanity doesn't have the space or resources to actually house a large population and that Wayward Pines is actually earth in the future which is overrun by deformed and possibly virus affected humans that make large parts of the planet uninhabitable and that there are numerous outposts like Wayward Pines where people are chosen to start rebuilding humanity but under heavy handed control.

jaden101
Well I was mostly right.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
I've got a feeling this is not gonna go down the aliens route.

If I was to guess I'd say it's an almost Matrix style plot. The 'real' world of their past is some kind of suspended animation shown as humanity was in the past as humanity doesn't have the space or resources to actually house a large population and that Wayward Pines is actually earth in the future which is overrun by deformed and possibly virus affected humans that make large parts of the planet uninhabitable and that there are numerous outposts like Wayward Pines where people are chosen to start rebuilding humanity but under heavy handed control.

Somewhat reminds me of the plot to 'Millennium' (1989), where people from the future kidnap doomed humans (about to die in plane crashes) from the past and take them to the future to repopulate the Earth as the humans in the future are all sterile. edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097883/

I'll see later today how correct or incorrect you were.

jaden101
Well not all of what I put was spot on but if 'the truth' is actually true then it is the future and the creatures are deformed humans any Wayward Pines is a remnant of humanity. It may yet turn out to be a lie but there is a new guy who says he woke up after yet another car accident and saw lots of 'pods' and they were 'full' presumably of people.

The Nuul
Great ep, it came together nicely.

Robtard
So is the doctor able to travel back to 2014(15?) to select people? Seems like he does and that people from our time are placed in stasis pods and then awakened in the future.

But Dillion's wife's car was at Wayward pines, so that doesnt fit well. The old Sheriff also met her in our time. More holes.

The Nuul
Yeah, the need some filling to do, I thought those things as well.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
So is the doctor able to travel back to 2014(15?) to select people? Seems like he does and that people from our time are placed in stasis pods and then awakened in the future.

But Dillion's wife's car was at Wayward pines, so that doesnt fit well. The old Sheriff also met her in our time. More holes.

I'd expect that the Old Sheriff and the Doctor were simply the last ones who went into the pods. That's not a hole at all.

The Nuul
As the thread starter - guys, please use spoiler tags.

Thank you.

The Nuul
Very good ep tonight, prob the best on so far. This show keeps me guessing and spinning me around with surprises. It all make sense now, and I like it. I hope this is just not an one season type show, maybe they can continue it some how.

Now the Doctor and his Sister are the good guys? Kate and her group are the bad guys? Never saw this coming. I liked how the brought out the back ground stories for the characters, and subplots. I am really starting to like this show, it's a good sci-fi show that has to do with time, past and future, as well as saving earth in a post apocalyptic setting as the back story, and, it's pretty well written.

thumb up

Thoughts anyone?

ares834
I wouldn't say they are bad guys at all. Just in the wrong but through no fault of their own. They are after all prisoners and are merely trying to escape.

Anyway, excellent episode. This show has really grown into its own.

The Nuul
Ah okay, good point. Yes it was an excellent episode and it's turning into a very good show that has grown on it's own.

I agree.

thumb up

The Nuul
Great ep last night, but.

I don't like that his son died or could be dead. Why does everyone has to die just for cliffhangers, a shocking response, the Jon Snow factor?

The Nuul
http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/21649/20150721/end-wayward-pines-fox-tv.htm

ares834
What the **** was that?! Those last scenes ruined an otherwise great series.

We've been M Night Shyamalaned... I should have expected this.

jaden101

0mega Spawn
Did it bother anybody else that they expect us to believe amidst all the scientific mumbo jumbo that humans could devolve so drastically within 2000 years?

heathjack
i enjoyed it i didn't care too much for the ending!! i recently bought it for christmas it was on sale at amazon for $16 bucks!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.