Has there ever been an argument between 2 mods about banning a member?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

Or maybe closing a thread?

Scribble
Probably plenty, but in private. Pretty sure there's a mods-only section we can't see (obviously).

Impediment
If the mod team has a discussion about banned members, we do it in the Moderator's Lounge and not in public.

NewLanceWindu
Moderator's Lounge sounds fun, but when I was a mod it was all boring. stick out tongue

Stringer
They serve beer?

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Stringer
They serve beer?

Non-alcoholic. mad

Stringer
Guess its byob

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Impediment
If the mod team has a discussion about banned members, we do it in the Moderator's Lounge and not in public. So, you and bada, lil bitchiness, digi, never butted heads in public once?

Like, never a mishap where you let bias get in the way or something?

Impediment
When one notorious member was banned for something he didn't do, we had a lengthy discussion with each other about it.

Stringer
Notorious. That sounds like a big deal.

rudester
Was it king???

riv6672
Originally posted by Jmanghan
As the title says.

Or maybe closing a thread?
I've seen it hsppen in punlic, and i know it happens in private.
I've modded a few different boards over the last 15 years, and ran my own.
Mods and admins are whiny little girls. laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by rudester
Was it king???

Probably AC. Paola banned him for trolling a Hit Girl vs. thread. Some people didn't see it as trolling. But his opening line in that vs. thread was something to the effect of all the Hit Girl fans sucking her dick too much...which is like...classic internet trolling 101. no expression

Go into a thread where clearly the majority of opinions supports idea A.

Then tell everyone that they are sucking the dick of idea A. Watch people b*tch. Continue goading. Enjoy trolling.

Why some mods disagreed with Paola, I have no idea. But Paola said she was given shit over it. She was tired of his (AC's) bullshit and decided to axe it right then and there.

That's the only time I am aware of mod disagreement. And that disagreement was in private until they worked it out. Clearly, AC's ban was permanent so they worked out their disagreement.

Also, when Rogue Jedi was banned by Backfire, Backfire said it was one of he easiest modding decisions he made. Despite the disagreement of many members with that decision, I don't think the mods disagreed at all on that one (he made an indirect jab at a KMC member...it was waaaaaaaay below the belt. Absurdly so. I warned RJ about trying to make that jab and even convinced him to edit it out of a previous post).

Also, when Chillmeistergen was permabanned by WanderingDroid (WrathfulDwarf), some members b*tched. However, Chill was very...uh...he insulted people quite often. haha He deserved his ban.

Those are the only real "controversial" permabans I can think of.

riv6672
How do you remember all of that?

Impediment
AC's days were numbered, I agree, and his eventual banishment was inevitable, but he did nothing to deserve the pem ban he received.

riv6672
Inevitable banishment. Heavy.

REXXXX
Man, that's throwing it way back.

I don't think I ever disagreed with anyone on a banning. I had one very active member in the SWVs. that I wasn't sure was a sock, but he pinged on our sock checker.

Now I don't really wander out of the SWRP area so... shrug?

dadudemon
Originally posted by riv6672
How do you remember all of that?

My mind is great for school but bad for getting over exes.

no expression

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
AC's days were numbered, I agree, and his eventual banishment was inevitable, but he did nothing to deserve the pem ban he received.

Blah, you know I love you so I'll just leave it be. Some topics are not worth being pissy with loved ones :*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.