Palpatine's Royal Guard vs. Vitiate's Royal Guard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Who wins?!

Lord Stark
With Shadow Guards? Probably Palpatine's.

Zenwolf
Palps.

Emperordmb
Not that I'm disagreeing with anything said here per se, but any particular reasons? I'm curious about these peeps.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not that I'm disagreeing with anything said here per se, but any particular reasons? I'm curious about these peeps.

They have better weaponry, among other things such as details of their training, so on and so forth.

Force Pikes > Electrostaffs

Example, Scourge was hit with an Electrostaff yet was still able to move even though the armor took the brunt of it after getting shocked.

Whereas a Force Pike not only can shock hard enough to incapacitate even a Wookiee, but it's noted that it can completely dismember someone with just a tap. It's also cut through bulkheads on starships, Magnaguard armor, armor in general, etc and so on and so forth being a vibroweapon and shocking weapon all in one.

So Palps' Royal Guard does have the superior weapon in this case as far as being lethal.

Plus Palps' Guard would have more synergy than Vitiate, they are trained in pairs and regularly rotated within their own Stormtrooper units to keep in peak shape.

Couple this with the fact of their Stormtrooper training which employs squad tactics, noting they are experts at dealing damage together. I feel that Palps' Guard takes in the form of teamwork. Compared to Vitiate's Guard, which is just taking those from slaves and troopers and whoever else.

Plus as of the Revan novel, Vitiate's Guard was kinda moronic....they charged into a hail of blaster fire and got cut down until their numbers just overwhelmed the enemy. This is hardly impressive compared to Palps' Guard showing, which has them take on a small army and losing just 1 of their own.

That and also Palps' Royal Guard are trained and complete masters in every form of combat both armed and unarmed, they fight to the death before Palpatine so only the best of the best Guard trainees become Royal Guardsmen.

Vitiate's Guard does this, however with Palps I refer back to them recruiting only the best of Stormtroopers, who are already an elite fighting force. Ontop of that one only becomes a Stormtrooper by being the best Imperial Army Trooper, who go under intense 1 year of grueling training and then Stormtroopers go under legendary 2-3 years of training on a high gravity world making them arguably peak human.

So Royal Guardsmen are the best of the best of the best of the best.

Now this is why I feel Palps Guard has this, ontop of other things I haven't mentioned. You throw in Palps' Sovereign Guards/Shadow Guards, that's just even moreso a win.

Emperordmb
Interesting. Just one thing to add. A Force pike on a kill setting doesn't just carry enough of a charge to incapacitate a Wookiee, it can kill anything smaller than a Bantha.

carthage
What feats do Vitiate's guards have bereft of being amped by Vitiate?

Zenwolf
Interesting. Just one thing to add. A Force pike on a kill setting doesn't just carry enough of a charge to incapacitate a Wookiee, it can kill anything smaller than a Bantha.

Actually from what I'm re-reading on my Sourcebooks it seems that just a regular charge is able to incap a Wookiee, full charge it just is able to wreck the whole central nervous system and kill.

Though where's it noted it can kill anything smaller than a Bantha?

Emperordmb
"The idea that anything smaller than a bantha could withstand a direct hit from a force pike set to maximum charge-let alone five pikes at the same time-was inconceivable."-Darth Bane: Rule of Two

Zenwolf
Originally posted by carthage
What feats do Vitiate's guards have bereft of being amped by Vitiate?

Getting killed according to the Revan novel..

In fact, Nyriss' people could have survived more ways if they just kept firing but they were just too shaken from the berserk charge.

Zenwolf
"The idea that anything smaller than a bantha could withstand a direct hit from a force pike set to maximum charge-let alone five pikes at the same time-was inconceivable."-Darth Bane: Rule of Two

Oh now that is very interesting! Man the Force Pike just gets better and better doesn't it?

It's perhaps my favorite melee weapon in the SWU.

AncientPower
The Imperial Guard are capable of killing Dark Council members and are directly connected to the Sith Emperor himself. They have been described as even greater than Jedi and Sith.

Zenwolf
K nice and all but it speaks of the entire Imperial Guard being able to kill them, not just 1 on 1. Which duh...there's only like what? 6 of them? Compared to however many Guards, plus Vitiate's Guard need to be amped to resist Force attacks which seems to be the only thing that Vitiate grants them with they are amped, Palps' Guard need no such amping as they can do that on their own, ontop of this they also have their sort of own Pre-cog when fighting and are pretty much superhuman, ontop of their armor being very durable.

It hardly helps here anyway, that and I point again Vitiate's Guard just seem to carelessly run into a fight without regard of their safety which isn't exactly a good thing in a fight.

Sinious
@ Zenwolf, nice post. Is there any comparison of Palps' guards to jedi/sith? Cause the only thing that makes me doubt their superiority is what AP mentioned above.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Sinious
@ Zenwolf, nice post. Is there any comparison of Palps' guards to jedi/sith? Cause the only thing that makes me doubt their superiority is what AP mentioned above.

Given the timeframe obviously, they didn't fight any Jedi or Sith because...well duh there was none around. At least until Palps came back, there was an instance of a flashback in Crimson Empire where two Guardsmen did fight Luke and one of his Jedi students but being a flashback there was just 1 panel of it, so the fight wasn't shown.

However given their training and everything, plus the fact their predecessors the Red Guard who were able to keep up with a Jedi, blitz a group of droids and a group of them holding off a group of Magnaguards even destroying one.

While it's noted Palps' Royal Guard can defeat a Magnaguard 1 on 1.

They were also noted as the most feared warriors in the galaxy.

With all that being said, it's clear imho that they are Jedi level when you factor in everything that they are capable of.

It's also implied that Fernus Olin would have died fighting against 2 of Palps' Guard. This of course not being prime Fernus, but still even before his prime he was still quite capable.

Sinious
Well Vitty's guards don't have a lot of showings against force users as well but I was curious if they had similar accolades. Also I remember a quote that said something like 1 Imperial Guard(Vitiate's) is equal to 50 soldiers but I might be wrong.

AncientPower
Individual Imperial Guardsmen have held their own against the likes of the Hero of Tython, etc... they are very strong combatants:

Credit to EvanNova64/ShootingNova/SunRazer

Zenwolf
Obviously they are strong combatants, but implying that with everything Palps' Royal Guard has, information, training, modified martial arts in being more deadly and so on can't do the same? That's just really silly. Anyway off to bed so cya folks tomorrow.

Lord Stark
And Palpatine's Shadow Guard have held their own against Starkiller.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.