Draco Malfoy vs Harry Potter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
Battle takes place in the final duel between Harry and voldemort.

Incapacitation wins it.

Let the battle begin

Surtur
Harry just has better feats then Malfoy. What has Malfoy done to make you think he could win?

Plus did they not already fight? It ended with Malfoy covered in blood and needing Snape to heal him.

EmperorSidious2
I'm just asking to get a general consensus im not saying either one is better just asking for everyone's opinion. Like you say Harry others could say Draco. Just a general consensus.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Surtur
Harry just has better feats then Malfoy. What has Malfoy done to make you think he could win?

Plus did they not already fight? It ended with Malfoy covered in blood and needing Snape to heal him.

They fought twice I know. Once in Chamber of Secrets the other in Half blood prince.

Once in a contained situation, another in an all out thing. However I'm just speculating when I ask this. Would Draco being under all that stress cause him to mess up and be sloppy or it wouldn't affect him at all.

KingD19
The whole thing about Draco is that everything he's ever done he's had help. He's never been impressive, just had money and influence to throw around.

Q99
Yea, Harry's had to face life-and-death battles way more.

Surtur
To be fair Harry has had PLENTY of help in surviving his various life or death encounters. He's still more powerful then Draco though.

KingD19
To be fair Harry has had PLENTY of help in surviving his various life or death encounters. He's still more powerful then Draco though.

What I meant by help for Draco is that whenever he did something, he had goons to help him feel tough. Or his dads money, or reassurances from Voldemort. Draco never did a single dangerous thing on his own, and when he dueled Harry, he was nearly murder death killed.

Harry on the other hand, while having help, has also faced numerous situations where he had nobody but himself, and he always came out on top.

If you want to look at it from a purely feat based perspective, Harry's got Draco beat by a county mile.

Based
To be fair Harry has had PLENTY of help in surviving his various life or death encounters.

It's the entire essence of the fourth book.

Surtur
Originally posted by Based
It's the entire essence of the fourth book.

it's the essence of every book really:

1st book-receives help from at least Snape at one point
2nd book-receives help from Fawkes, would of been dead otherwise
3rd book-help from various teachers and powerful magical artifacts
4th book-got plenty of help and not just from Fake Moody
5th book-receives help from Dobby and Order of Phoenix at the end
6th book-receives help from various teachers and incredibly potent magical items
7th book-receives help from so many people I've lost count

Though of course as others have said, he is still more capable then Draco. Draco was whiny and hid behind privilege.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by KingD19
What I meant by help for Draco is that whenever he did something, he had goons to help him feel tough. Or his dads money, or reassurances from Voldemort. Draco never did a single dangerous thing on his own, and when he dueled Harry, he was nearly murder death killed.

Harry on the other hand, while having help, has also faced numerous situations where he had nobody but himself, and he always came out on top.

If you want to look at it from a purely feat based perspective, Harry's got Draco beat by a county mile.

Well he did the cabinet thing by himself. Also he was under a lot of pressure that year so he would have been sloppy and just not on his game. Remembered they dueled before and Draco did make a full snake and do spells that hagrid said no 2nd year would ever be able to do. So malfoy was indeed powerful.

True as Draco isn't featured as much.

KingD19
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Well he did the cabinet thing by himself. Also he was under a lot of pressure that year so he would have been sloppy and just not on his game. Remembered they dueled before and Draco did make a full snake and do spells that hagrid said no 2nd year would ever be able to do. So malfoy was indeed powerful.

True as Draco isn't featured as much.

Knowing more spells than Harry doesn't make him a better duelist. Hermione knows more spells than practically anyone her age and slightly above. Yet I'd take Harry in a duel against her 9/10 times.

And if I recall, that was because Draco was learning magic before Harry even knew magic was a thing and probably had private tutors. The fact that Harry surpassed him from such a disadvantage puts this even further in his favor imo.

quanchi112
Harry, clearly.

Badabing
Harry uses Malfoy as a practice dummy then beats Voldemort to death.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Harry uses Malfoy as a practice dummy then beats Voldemort to death. You went way too far.,

Badabing
laughing out loud

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by KingD19
Knowing more spells than Harry doesn't make him a better duelist. Hermione knows more spells than practically anyone her age and slightly above. Yet I'd take Harry in a duel against her 9/10 times.

And if I recall, that was because Draco was learning magic before Harry even knew magic was a thing and probably had private tutors. The fact that Harry surpassed him from such a disadvantage puts this even further in his favor imo.

Ok that is way to high. If the two fought it wouldn't be 9/10. More like,at least 6 or 7/10 for whoever wins. Also hermione has skills as well.

Where does it say that. What tutors did the movie ever state he had. So I'm not saying Harry wouldn't win, but I'm not sure that it's so clear cut.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Ok that is way to high. If the two fought it wouldn't be 9/10. More like,at least 6 or 7/10 for whoever wins. Also hermione has skills as well.

Private tutors I don't think so. However he probably had his parents who were exceptionally skilled with magic to teach him a spell or two and then when bellatrix esced from prison and then professor snape and the books of hogwarts. So I can I see your point. However I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone thinks.

steverules_2
Harry

Silent Master
Originally posted by Badabing
Harry uses Malfoy as a practice dummy then beats Voldemort to death.

True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.