Darth Maul vs Darth Nihl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
neutral ground
both at their best, (maul has his legs no matter when that is)
force battle and lightsaber battle

Trocity
Maul solidly.

Even TPM Maul beats Nihl, albeit in a good fight. Nihl doesn't have much of a shot against Maul's best version.

Darth Demenos
idk i woudn't discard nihl so lightly bc he was one of the top lieutenants in krayt's entire empire and could perform the same force feats that maul could along with being very adept with force lightning, which we know maul could resist to some degree but we dont really know how much.

I personally feal that the only ones more powerful than nihl in the one sith empire were darth wrrylok and darth krayt. However, that is my own opinion.

Trocity
You're right, those two were the only ones better than Nihl in the One Sith Empire.

It's not a bad thing to lose to Darth Maul; he is one of the most well trained/skilled Sith in the history of the SW mythos. Maul just has the better feats against more notable opponents.

Nihl is good, he's just not that good. He also suffers from being a comic book only character with not very much exposure.

Darth Demenos
obi>maul
obi>young krayt
nihl put up very good fights against cade and his father
older more experienced cade > more powerful krayt

i hope this makes since lol

Trocity
Nihl does have impressive showings against a middle of the series Cade but he still does lose to him, and as of War, Cade has surpassed him solidly.

Cade killed Krayt, but he didn't really "beat him." He was getting smacked around and was practically running at certain points during his first fight against sick Krayt and then in the final battle he got slammed with Dark Transfer and Krayt thought he had turned him to the Dark Side, then Cade kind of just sucker stabs him.

Darth Demenos
im starting to think nihl would do better with a double bladed lightsaber than with a long handled light saber, there would be more blade work options and less of a chance for someone like cade to to attack the long handle, even though he didnt in the comics

Q99
I agree with the 'he's good, but Maul's still better.' Peak Maul was quite impressive.

Originally posted by Darth Demenos
im starting to think nihl would do better with a double bladed lightsaber than with a long handled light saber, there would be more blade work options and less of a chance for someone like cade to to attack the long handle, even though he didnt in the comics

Long handle grants more leverage for strikes and good reach. And it doesn't really offer much opportunity to attack the handle, since unlike a double-bladed it's rarely held across the front with the handle near where an enemy would attack.

Darth Demenos
when would you say maul's peak was?

carthage
Son of Dathomir comics

Darth Demenos
i think i would say that as well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.