Darth Bane vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
DoE Bane vs RotS Obi-Wan Kenobi. No nexus feats. All out. Who takes it?

Beniboybling
Kenobi.

carthage
Kenobi in all three.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Kenobi.

Gets ragdolled.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Nephthys
Gets ragdolled.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/KrQn2Q.gif

ares834
No nexus? Kenobi kicks his ***.

Beniboybling
Gets ragdolled. I find it unlikely that Bane will get the opportunity.

Nephthys
Because it's so hard to raise your hand and concentrate?

carthage
Bane off nexus has inferior telekinetic feats to Kenobi when he isnt amped, so the notion he can "ragdoll" him is pretty much fanwank

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
Bane off nexus has inferior telekinetic feats to Kenobi when he isnt amped, so the notion he can "ragdoll" him is pretty much fanwank
thumb up
Originally posted by ares834
No nexus? Kenobi kicks his ***.
Yeah, Kenobi has this.

Beniboybling
Because it's so hard to raise your hand and concentrate? When your engaging in a lethal and lighting fast saber duel?

Funnily enough yes. Hence why despite going toe-to-toe with powerful Sith Lords i.e. Maul, Dooku and Vader, on several occasions, Kenobi has only been ragdolled twice.

Against Maul he was fighting off two fierce opponents, giving Maul the necessary opening to "raise his hand and concentrate" and in the second instance Dooku ragdolled Kenobi by deflecting his attack and exploiting the opening it created.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/y33ONM.gif

Fact is, Bane isn't as skilled a duellist as Dooku, nor is his style geared towards deflecting attacks. If he tries to "raise his hand and concentrate", Kenobi will lop it off. Not that Bane has ever ragdolled anyone of Kenobi's caliber.

Nephthys
When your engaging in a lethal and lighting fast saber duel?

Funnily enough yes. Hence why despite going toe-to-toe with powerful Sith Lords i.e. Maul, Dooku and Vader, on several occassions, Kenobi has only been ragdolled twice.

Against Maul he was fighting off two fierce opponents, giving Maul the necessary opening to "raise his hand and concentrate" and in the second instance Dooku ragdolled Kenobi by deflecting his attack and exploiting the opening it created.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/y33ONM.gif

Fact is, Bane isn't as skilled a duellist as Dooku, nor is his style geared towards deflecting attacks.

If he tries to "raise his hand and concentrate", Kenobi will lop it off.

Well obviously I meant before Kenobi engages him in a duel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or Bane can put some distance between them or something. Kenobi is the Soresu duelist afterall, it's not like he'll be pressing Bane very hard.

EmperorSidious2
Darth Bane. His force abilities will win if his saber skills with juyo don't work.

Stigma
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Darth Bane. His force abilities will win if his saber skills with juyo don't work.
No nexus feats for Bane, tho.

BTW Can anyone post Force feats for DoE Bane off nexus?

The Merchant
All he's done is destroy some tents and smashed some boxes off nexus.

carthage
shattering a random sith Lord's spine, breaking tents and boxes, killing non force sensitives with telekinesis on Ambria.

Stigma
Originally posted by The Merchant
All he's done is destroy some tents and smashed some boxes off nexus.
Huh...
Originally posted by carthage
shattering a random sith Lord's spine, breaking tents and boxes, killing non force sensitives with telekinesis on Ambria.
Um...

Well, I am dissapointed about Bane tbh.

Yeah, Kenobi wins sabers, Force and all-out, then. thumb up

ILS
lol @ the Bane lowballing

You guys seem to be forgetting that couch he knocked over.

Beniboybling
Well obviously I meant before Kenobi engages him in a duel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or Bane can put some distance between them or something. Kenobi is the Soresu duelist afterall, it's not like he'll be pressing Bane very hard. And Kenobi will just stand there and let him to it? Kenobi will engage his opponent immediately, and keep him engaged until he is dead. Again there is a reason that neither Vader, Maul nor Dooku has ever done this in the manner your describing.

The only way Bane is putting distance between himself and Kenobi is with a Force push, I needn't explain why that's problematic. Nor is Kenobi a pure Soresu duellist, his is a master of multiple forms including Ataru, an purely offensive style, which he uses alongside it.

Bane is going to realise an attempt to extract himself from the duel will only leave him exposed, and press for a martial victory. That and Bane isn't strong enough to outright kill him and Kenobi has demonstrated the ability to recover quickly, so its not an insta-win.

Fact is its going to come down to sabers, and in lightsaber combat Kenobi will win.

carthage
While he was amped by the darkside energies of the stone prison sad

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
lol @ the Bane lowballing

You guys seem to be forgetting that couch he knocked over.
I assumed neutral setting, tho.

Unless they fight in Wallmart? Can anyone confirm this?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Stigma
No nexus feats for Bane, tho.

BTW Can anyone post Force feats for DoE Bane off nexus?

Isn't he a powerful orcs weilder even without those feats.

Stigma
Isn't he a powerful orcs weilder even without those feats.
Dunno. Hard to say tbh.

Bane's off nexus feats mentioned here are really weak, tho.

Do you have any other off nexus feats for him as of DoE?

carthage
I guess if you consider breaking boxes and tents and killing people who aren't force sensitive top tier TK feats.

His lightning is ok, but Kenobi can dodge it or block it with his lightsaber.

Based
Never read the Bane books nor do I plan to but is the Bane hate universal with other Star Wars forums?

Stigma
asking for feats = hate

Interesting mmm

EmperorSidious2
asking for feats = hate

Interesting mmm

I have found recognition that he has and can actually surpass kenobi. His telekenitic feat were renowned that he could destroy an entire temple, and it's actually said that he could have shattered Kasims bones if he had t raised a force shield at the last second. Also as he grew he was able to break through force shields of other force weilders, one being Fohargh. Also after one practice session with githany he showed exceptional skill with force lightning. With all of that he would be able to penetrate kenobis force shield and shock him to death or choke.

Nephthys
And Kenobi will just stand there and let him to it? Kenobi will engage his opponent immediately, and keep him engaged until he is dead. Again there is a reason that neither Vader, Maul nor Dooku has ever done this in the manner your describing.

The only way Bane is putting distance between himself and Kenobi is with a Force push, I needn't explain why that's problematic. Nor is Kenobi a pure Soresu duellist, his is a master of multiple forms including Ataru, an purely offensive style, which he uses alongside it.

Bane is going to realise an attempt to extract himself from the duel will only leave him exposed, and press for a martial victory. That and Bane isn't strong enough to outright kill him, so its not an insta win.

Fact is its going to come down to sabers, and in lightsaber combat Kenobi will win.

No, but he's not able to engage Bane before the dude can raise his freaking hand. Anakin was faster than Obi-Wan and Dooku still put him on his ass before he could engage him. Kenobi has never teleported over to someone and been aggressive enough to keep them engaged completely. When he's on his own he always starts retreating and lets his opponent come to him and when he's with a partner its a whole other ballgame. Hell, one of the times he did aggressively attack Ventress with Anakin he almost immediately caught a boot to the face and fell asleep for a dozen seconds, lol. The exception is when he was pissed off over Qui-Gon but he actually was taken out via the Force in that case so I wouldn't emphasize it if I were you.

Lol, what? Yeah that's the only way Bane can possibly put distance between them. It's not like he can just walk backwards or anything, or jump or do anything that could put distance between them that anyone has done in countless duels.

No, he's not. Dozens of times people have put distance between them and an opponent. Zannah went from on her back furiously defending herself to 10 meters away while injured. Bane evaded Zannah without a freaking lightsaber in a corridor. Ventress has gotten away from Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time long enough to attack them with the Force (after attacking Obi-Wan with the Force mid-duel against both btw). And she's disengaged while fighting Obi-Wan and Anakin solo as well. Obi-Wan himself has retreated from Maul several times. Dooku put space between him and the duo. You're woefully ignorant if you think no-one can extract themselves from sabers safely. It happens in practically every duel.

No, Bane can easily kill Obi-Wan before it even gets to a duel, or he can do so while dueling him. And btw, Bane would defeat him in sabers as well.

Stigma
I have found recognition that he has and can actually surpass kenobi. His telekenitic feat were renowned that he could destroy an entire temple, and it's actually said that he could have shattered Kasims bones if he had t raised a force shield at the last second.
This was on Lehon, a Dark Side nexus...

Also as he grew he was able to break through force shields of other force weilders, one being Fohargh. Also after one practice session with githany he showed exceptional skill with force lightning. With all of that he would be able to penetrate kenobis force shield and shock him to death or choke.
Cool.

Not sure how quantifiable this is and how it indicates he surpassed Kenobi.

BTW Kenobi can block FL, you know.

The Merchant
Originally posted by Based
Never read the Bane books nor do I plan to but is the Bane hate universal with other Star Wars forums?

"Bane hate" Other forums think Bane moved entire Moons and Planets and is the strongest Sith ever cause lolSith'ari, at least on Facebook. We're just shattering those comforting lies with the cold truth.

Based
asking for feats = hate

Interesting mmm

That is insane denial, bravo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.