Odin (w/ spear) vs Emperor Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
http://www.filmchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/odin.jpg

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Emperor_RotJ.png

1) Return of the Jedi Palpatine

2) Younger Episode 1-3 Palpatine w/ lightsaber

Robtard
Palps

FrothByte
Odin has too little feats to know just how powerful he is.

relentless1
Palpatine has shown way more in battle than odin, slice n dice or flash fried, either way is a shitty way to go for mr hopkins

Time Immemorial
Odin, and everyone can cry about it too.

StealthRanger
Odin could at least be scaled from ****ers like Thor, which would put him above Palpatine

ares834
Palpatine via feats.

Robtard
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Odin could at least be scaled from ****ers like Thor, which would put him above Palpatine

Are we sure about this?

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/GFO106/PvT.png

Mindset
I was going to say Odin, but new evidence has come to light.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Palps Hahaha, the guy was beaten by windu. Odin, easily.

Time Immemorial
Gungir>all Sith

ODIN with Gungir>All Jedi and Sith.

Everyone can cry about it too.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset

thumb up

quanchi112
I was going to say Odin, but new evidence has come to light. Rob believes this is canon. Point and laugh.

Robtard
Careful, quanchi112, your butthurt is showing again.

quanchi112
Careful, quanchi112, your butthurt is showing again. I find it amusing you believe you actually debate.

Robtard
I find it hysterical that your butthurt towards me effectively blocks your ability to render a rational thought smile

quanchi112
I find it hysterical that your butthurt towards me effectively blocks your ability to render a rational thought smile This from the guy who fanfics.

laughing out loud

AncientPower
Palpatine speedblitzes.

Genesis-Soldier
odin has taken armies of frost giant, palp is good but i honestly see odin taking this, gungir can probably take sith style lightning as well as any lightsaber can (due to tech factor of asgard)

dont asgardians get more powerful with time ?

DTM
I think Odin should win (I mean he is an elder God), but he just doesnt have the movie showings for combat to really support a case for him here.

StealthRanger
Can always scale him off dudes like Thor, unless you believe Thor would fodderise Odin

DTM
I dont know, I dont think its as simple as Odin > Thor > Palpatine.

AncientPower
Thor is not > Palpatine in the first place.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DTM
I dont know, I dont think its as simple as Odin > Thor > Palpatine.

He took Thor's power by thought.

Genesis-Soldier
i think he originally has access to that power, kinda like a master control switch

EmperorSidious2
I like both. As for their franchises they are my favorites. I have to say Odin as he is a god and this palaptine as of ROTJ and he hasn't achieved his god like power just yet. Also the weapons and powers they posses, Odin has the advantage.

Odin is the winner.

Utrigita
Leaning towards Odin, simply because the staff will be hell to contend with for Palpatine atleast imo.

Robtard
Originally posted by DTM
I think Odin should win (I mean he is an elder God), but he just doesnt have the movie showings for combat to really support a case for him here.

"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." - Odin (Thor: The Dark World)

Surtur
I think Odin could just vape him with his spear. Especially the return of the jedi version who did not have a lightsaber and would have zero way to block it. Though the beam Odin shoots out looks too thick for even a lightsaber to fully stop.

Keep in mind Odin can also dimension dump.

What new evidence?

"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." - Odin (Thor: The Dark World)

Give or take a few thousand years.

NemeBro
Originally posted by AncientPower
Thor is not > Palpatine in the first place. lol

Odin wins.

quanchi112
"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." - Odin (Thor: The Dark World) Titles are meaningless. Feats and portrayals matter, dummy. Hulk ins t a god in the comics but he sure as **** can take Thor on who is. Titles mean nothing. I'm sure someone told you they were the end all be all. I'm telling you they mean shit.

AncientPower
You guys should look up Tutaminis and then what Palpatine did with it.

Silent Master
Or you could just post the video clip.

Inhuman
EU mhmm

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Titles are meaningless. Feats and portrayals matter, dummy. Hulk ins t a god in the comics but he sure as **** can take Thor on who is. Titles mean nothing. I'm sure someone told you they were the end all be all. I'm telling you they mean shit.

Did I claim titles meant everything? No, my post in fact was to illustrate that titles aren't the end all be all. Let your buttrage towards me go, you're acting like a true imbecile.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
He took Thor's power by thought.

On the hammer yes, since he commissioned to make it. However he can overide Thors asgardian powers and make him mortal by thought. Just like he can command the destroyer by thought. He has serious power.

Robtard
Having the power to strip Thor of his powers doesn't mean he can beat Palpatine because of it. Screen feats matter here.

Time Immemorial
Having the power to strip Thor of his powers doesn't mean he can beat Palpatine because of it. Screen feats matter here.

Odin w/Gungir>Palps.

Screen feats don't apply to the Kraken yet people give him the win over Godzilla. Odin has plenty implied power and we know what Gungir can do. And we seen Odin in battle as well.

quanchi112
Did I claim titles meant everything? No, my post in fact was to illustrate that titles aren't the end all be all. Let your buttrage towards me go, you're acting like a true imbecile. Titles don't mean shit. Only you would think being A god matters in the slightest. Quit being behind the eight ball.

Robtard
Titles don't mean shit. Only you would think being A god matters in the slightest. Quit being behind the eight ball.

I've made you so angry all you can do is use a Strawman Tactic and rage.

Of all the posters I've broken in my years on KMC, you by far are the most wrecked, epic levels of it laughing out loud

quanchi112

Of all the posters I've broken in my years on KMC, you by far are the most wrecked, epic levels of it laughing out loud I am insulting your intelligence and feel great. You actually thought saying they aren't gods detract from their feats at all. Hilarious.

Robtard
Odin w/Gungir>Palps.

Screen feats don't apply to the Kraken yet people give him the win over Godzilla. Odin has plenty implied power and we know what Gungir can do. And we seen Odin in battle as well.

If we're going with "implied power" and not actual screen feats, then it's a massive victory for Palpatine/The Force.

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Lord Vader

So are you sure you want to debate with implied power over actual screen feats?

Time Immemorial
If we're going with "implied power" and not actual screen feats, then it's a massive victory for Palpatine/The Force.

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Lord Vader

So are you sure you want to debate with implied power over actual screen feats?

Don't be silly.

quanchi112

So are you sure you want to debate with implied power over actual screen feats? Vader isn't the force. You don't comprehend anything. It's as if you are implying a force user is more powerful than the Death Star. Why the **** build it then ? You're a massive idiot.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Vader isn't the force. You don't comprehend anything. It's as if you are implying a force user is more powerful than the Death Star. Why the **** build it then ? You're a massive idiot.

laughing out loud

Shhhh, "Him just a little guy". People are trying to have a fun debate and you're trying to turn it into a flame-fest because you're angry and can't debate well. Calm yourself. Calm.

Robtard
Don't be silly.

Hey, buddy. You can't claim "implied power", but then only allow it for one side. It's either both or neither.

quanchi112
Shhhh, "Him just a little guy". People are trying to have a fun debate and you're trying to turn it into a flame-fest because you're angry and can't debate well. Calm yourself. Calm. Lets build the Death Star when Vader himself is more powerful than the Death Star. Let's have a backup if anything happens to lord Vader. That's the guy who takes around 8 seconds to force choke someone to death with the force. Do that, Death Star.

--robtard

Time Immemorial
Hey, buddy. You can't claim "implied power", but then only allow it for one side. It's either both or neither.

Vadar saying the force can destroy a planet is not implied power unless it's been done before off screen. It's him just being over confident as he always was. If Sidious could destroy a planet with the force he wouldn't bother building the death star to destroy planets.

The Kraken destroying Cronos is a fact and we can gauge his power.

Silent Master
While it happened off-screen, we know that Odin has enough power to transport Thor between dimensions. though to be fair that is kind of unquantifiable.

Robtard
Lets build the Death Star when Vader himself is more powerful than the Death Star. Let's have a backup if anything happens to lord Vader. That's the guy who takes around 8 seconds to force choke someone to death with the force. Do that, Death Star.

--robtard

Of all the posters I've broken in my years on KMC, you by far are the most wrecked, epic levels of it laughing out loud

Robtard
Vadar saying the force can destroy a planet is not implied power unless it's been done before off screen. It's him just being over confident as he always was. If Sidious could destroy a planet with the force he wouldn't bother building the death star to destroy planets.

The Kraken destroying Cronos is a fact and we can gauge his power.

Nah, bro, that's exactly what implied power is. If it actually happened, it's not implied. It happened.

We can "if" all day:

-If Thor could have taken on all of Jotunheim as Loki claimed (ie Implied Power) why didn't he?

-If Thor could have done it, why didn't Odin solo all the Frost Giants back when Asgard warred with Jotunheim?

See, we can if all day and it will get us nowhere because nonsense stuffs happens in movies.

Time Immemorial
Vadar saying the force can destroy a planet is a lot different then the Kraken actually destroying Cronos off screen.

I can say "I can fly" but doesn't make it implied or fact.

quanchi112

Of all the posters I've broken in my years on KMC, you by far are the most wrecked, epic levels of it laughing out loud You again refuse to respond to my counter. You backed one of the worst , most illogical stances. He also said the force not the force user. Do you grasp the difference or need me to pm you ?

laughing out loud

Robtard
You again refuse to respond to my counter. You backed one of the worst , most illogical stances. He also said the force not the force user. Do you grasp the difference or need me to pm you ?

laughing out loud

Of all the posters I've broken in my years on KMC, you by far are the most wrecked, epic levels of it

quanchi112

Of all the posters I've broken in my years on KMC, you by far are the most wrecked, epic levels of it Ok, I'll pm you so you can take it to the bank.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Vandar saying the force can destroy a planet is a lot different then the Kraken actually destroying Cronos off screen.

I can say "I can fly" but doesn't make it implied or fact.

Implied power is implied power. You can't pick and choose who gets it, if you want to go with implied power instead of screen feats.

We're talking about fictional characters, bro. They're not grounded in reality. Of course you can't fly unassisted in some manner, no matter how hard you claim.

Robtard
Ok, I'll pm you so you can take it to the bank.

laughing out loud

No more nudes, please. Last one made me vomit. Thanks thumb up

quanchi112
No more nudes, please. Last one made me vomit. Thanks thumb up So you just lied again that I pm you nudes.

laughing out loud

You already said pms are proof.

Time Immemorial
Implied power is implied power. You can't pick and choose who gets it, if you want to go with implied power instead of screen feats.

We're talking about fictional characters, bro. They're not grounded in reality. Of course you can't fly unassisted in some manner, no matter how hard you claim.

How is him saying the force can destroy a planet implied powered?

Robtard
So you just lied again that I pm you nudes.

laughing out loud

You already said pms are proof.

Dude, I don't want your pics. Stop.

quanchi112
Dude, I don't want your pics. Stop. Another Robbie lie. That's all you do.

laughing out loud

Robtard
How is him saying the force can destroy a planet implied powered?

Because Vader was implying that the power of the Force is greater than the ability to destroy a planet in a flash.

I myself would rather not go with implied power and we just stick to screenfeats. Which is actually the rules.

Robtard
Another Robbie lie. That's all you do.

laughing out loud

Now you're claiming that I indeed do want your pics. What a weirdo.

quanchi112
Because Vader was implying that the power of the Force is greater than the ability to destroy a planet in a flash.

I myself would rather not go with implied power and we just stick to screenfeats. Which is actually the rules. The force not the force user. Grasp what he said, fanboy.

Robtard
The force not the force user. Grasp what he said, fanboy.
I said "the Force" and you quoted it. Noob.

Go watch Star Wars or something.

Time Immemorial

I myself would rather not go with implied power and we just stick to screenfeats. Which is actually the rules.

If we had actual on or off screen feats of the force destroying planets then yes.

Robtard
If it actually happened, that wouldn't be implied power.

The Kraken defeating Kronos isn't implied btw. It's directly stated by characters and we see Kronos defeated/imprisoned later on in WotT

Time Immemorial
If it actually happened, that wouldn't be implied power.

The Kraken defeating Kronos isn't implied btw. It's directly stated by characters and we see Kronos defeated/imprisoned later on in the second film.

Ok so Kronos defeat is fact which I agree. Anakin however was talking out his ass.

Robtard
Ok so Kronos defeat is fact which I agree. Anakin however was talking out his ass.

It's still implied power. So if you would rather go with implied power instead of actual shown feats, it's in play.

Though as I said, I prefer to debate based on shown feats, less room for interpretation. So?

Time Immemorial
Palp beat down some Jedi masters but in no way are they. <Odin.

Odin was the pimp daddy asgardian.

Robtard
So we're going with screen feats and not implied power, yes?

If it's a battle of titles you want, I would say Emperor of a galaxy is more impressive than King of a very small by comparison realm.

Time Immemorial
No not by titles. Gungir would wreck any situ as well as his magics.

Robtard
Palpatine brings Force-precog, Force-speed and reflexes. He's also an accomplished duelist, having killed three Jedi in a blitz and faced Mace for a length of time. His lightsabre can cut through most materials. Force-lightning, Force-grab, Force-slam and Force-push are at his disposal if he needs a longer-ranged attack.

Couldn't find a quality vid of Palps blitzing and killing Fisto and crew, but I'm sure you know the scene.

-7hBZNsPnyg

Your ball. Name/Show Odin's powers, feats and instances they were used.

edit: Yes, in case you're wondering, Clone Wars cartoon is now allowed in here, under the "TV" amendment to the rules as it's the same character.

Time Immemorial
Im not going to debate CW because I have never seen it, nor would it be fair with Odin's limited showings.

However he is above Thor. That should be enough clout.

Gungir would cut Pals in half as well.

Going to bed, I wont care tomorrow.

Robtard
"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side." -Emperor Palpatine

TheGrat1
The real question is: Do you think Sidious would lose an eye to the frost giants with an Asgardian army backing him up?

AncientPower
Palpatine uses Tutaminis just like Dooku and Yoda have. Regardless, Palpatine is far far faster than Odin is.

EmperorSidious2
Are there character wikis allowed if there is little information on their combative powers.

Stigma
Regardless, Palpatine is far far faster than Odin is.
Not sure about that.

Remember the first Thor movie when Thor and Loki duke it out on the Bifrost bridge. When the bridge is destroyed and Thor and Loki are about to fall, Odin is shown to wake up from his Odin-sleep in the castle and like 1 second later he's on the bridge, catching Thor by the hand. That is some crazy speed feat.

Newjak
Palpatine uses Tutaminis just like Dooku and Yoda have. Regardless, Palpatine is far far faster than Odin is. Odin was able to instantly dress himself while teleporting to grab Thor after the bifrost explosion.

Palps has nothing on that.

AncientPower
How about moving faster than Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, two of the greatest warriors among the Jedi Order could even register and killing both of them, before killing Kit Fisto moments after.

Jedi have super human reflexes as standard and these three were Jedi High Council members, among the best combatants on said High Council. Kit Fisto for example has moved faster than droids could process data.

Newjak
How about moving faster than Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, two of the greatest warriors among the Jedi Order could even register and killing both of them, before killing Kit Fisto moments after.

Jedi have super human reflexes as standard and these three were Jedi High Council members, among the best combatants on said High Council. Kit Fisto for example has moved faster than droids could process data. That's not even close to what Odin pulled off in Travel and Reflex speed for the Bifrost feat.

Silent Master

Jedi have super human reflexes as standard and these three were Jedi High Council members, among the best combatants on said High Council. Kit Fisto for example has moved faster than droids could process data.

Just post the youtube clip of Palpatine's speed feat that you believe matches the one listed for Odin.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stigma
Not sure about that.

Remember the first Thor movie when Thor and Loki duke it out on the Bifrost bridge. When the bridge is destroyed and Thor and Loki are about to fall, Odin is shown to wake up from his Odin-sleep in the castle and like 1 second later he's on the bridge, catching Thor by the hand. That is some crazy speed feat.

Its called instant transmission laughing out loud

Robtard
It's a solid travel power, no doubt.

Not sure how well that will help in a fight against a guy with Precognition and super-reflexes. I'm open to suggestions.

Time Immemorial
Getting instantly clothed, and traveling to the place Thor had to fly to with the hammer and catching them both is a little more then a travel feat.

All Odin has to do is blast him with Gungir or whatever dark magic he see's fit and its dead Palps.

Robtard
As we've seen on a few occasions, Asgardians came summon their clothing/armor and I'm not disputing that Odin can nigh-instantly travel from Point A to Point B. I'm asking how that will net a win over someone with Precognition and super-reflexes. Sell it to me, I'm listening.

A single energy blast from Gungir would kill Palpatine, agreed. Palpatine can use his lightsabre to block the blast as lightsabres can block energy attacks as shown multiple times.

Vague "he just wins with Dark Magic" isn't a proper point, you need to be more specific.

I'm also curious what defense you think Odin has over Palpatine using the Force to pick him up and slam him down over and over, rag-dolling the one remaining eye out of his head, so to speak?

dadudemon
If Odin can dress himself that fast, he can rip his dick right off while fapping.

KingD19
Palpatine could probably block Gungnir for a few seconds. But a saber has never shown blocking a beam of that size and intensity.(Blaster bolts put holes in people, Gungnir eradicates them entirely) Especially not a constant energy beam like Gungnir puts out. Odin could just point the spear at him and hold the beam on him until it overwhelms him.

Silent Master
Odin did tk Mjolnir from Thor, so he also has tk, we just don't know how much.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KingD19
Palpatine could probably block Gungnir for a few seconds. But a saber has never shown blocking a beam of that size and intensity.(Blaster bolts put holes in people, Gungnir eradicates them entirely) Especially not a constant energy beam like Gungnir puts out. Odin could just point the spear at him and hold the beam on him until it overwhelms him.

You know what else can't withstand a massive destructive beam?

Alderaan

grouchoawe

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19

Size? When we see Odin disintegrate a Dark Elf (after the DE invasion of Asgard), the beam is fairly thin.

As far as how long Palpatine could block it, I can't say for certain. He does have the option of using the Force to pick up Odin and slam his ass to the ground, or just shove him, while he's blocking.

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin did tk Mjolnir from Thor, so he also has tk, we just don't know how much.

Is that actual TK or was he just calling the hammer to him using the hammer's own method of travel like Thor does?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
You know what else can't withstand a massive destructive beam?

Alderaan

grouchoawe

Ha

Silent Master
Is that actual TK or was he just calling the hammer to him using the hammer's own method of travel like Thor does?

Looked like tk to me, as far as we know movie Mjolnir is only a conduit for Thor's power, as the only enchantment we know for sure that it has is the one we see Odin placing on it regarding lifting it.

Robtard
It actually seems that Odin has control over Mjolnir, more-so than Thor. If you could find further support that film Odin has TK, I'm game.

NemeBro
Did you guys know that Odin manipulated Dark Energy, a hypothetical form of energy that accelerates the expansion of the universe, to send Thor to Earth? He personally replicated the power of the Bifrost to send Thor back in the Avengers.

Odin wins. thumb up

He's probably the most powerful being in the MCU at this moment (haven't seen Guardians though).

Robtard
Having the ability to send another being across great distances translates how in a fight?

Maybe, maybe not thumb up thumb down

So powerful he couldn't save his wife and needed an army to defeat the Frost Giants thumb up

dadudemon
Having the ability to send another being across great distances translates how in a fight?

Maybe, maybe not thumb up thumb down

So powerful he couldn't save his wife and needed an army to defeat the Frost Giants thumb up

I guess that means he can "Battlefield Ring Out"any non-transdimensional-teleporter. So jumpers (from Jumper) would lose but Kurt (Nighcrawler) would not? I guess Kurt would lose, too, because in the movies, he has to see where he teleports.

So, yeah, godlike beings don't lose to Odin? But that's it?

Robtard
We have no idea how he did it, how long it took and how much it cost him. Going from Loki's statement, it seems like it wasn't something easy for Odin to do.

So while I don't doubt Odin could win by BFRing Palpatine into a sun or the vastness of space, can he do it before Palpatine cuts him in half?

Time Immemorial
He said "how much dark energy did the all father have to conjure up this time"

Robtard
So I looked it up, the exact quote is:

"Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here, your precious Earth?" - Loki

It definitely seems to imply that it wasn't something Odin does for the LoLz nor easily. Otherwise, why have the Bifrost if Odin could just snap his fingers and send anyone anywhere anytime? I doubt the Bifrost was built just so Heimball could have a job.

But I'm willing to listen to a good argument where Odin BFR's Palpatine before Palpatine gets all up in his one-eyed mug and cuts him in half. Convince me thumb up

dadudemon

"Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here, your precious Earth?" - Loki

It definitely seems to imply that it wasn't something Odin does for the LoLz nor easily. Otherwise, why have the Bifrost if Odin could just snap his fingers and send anyone anywhere anytime? I doubt the Bifrost was built just so Heimball could have a job.

But I'm willing to listen to a good argument where Odin BFR's Palpatine before Palpatine gets all up in his one-eyed mug and cuts him in half. Convince me thumb up

Odin can use the Bifrost bridge to cast Avada kedavra and kill Palps. Match would be over in less than .1 seconds. And since Palpy will be force choking his chicken, he won't have time to react: his lightsbaber hilt will be in his butt so he can't even block the Bifrost Bridge Avada Kedavra.

Time Immemorial

He cannot lose another eye. Otherwise he would be blind.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Odin can use the Bifrost bridge to cast Avada kedavra and kill Palps. Match would be over in less than .1 seconds. And since Palpy will be force choking his chicken, he won't have time to react: his lightsbaber hilt will be in his butt so he can't even block the Bifrost Bridge Avada Kedavra. I will weight and measure what you said over the weekend and let you know the results.

Robtard
He cannot lose another eye. Otherwise he would be blind.

Excellent point, Odin is one attack away from being blind. Something Palps is likely to take advantage of since he's a dirty old *******.

Time Immemorial
A light saber would prolly not do anything to him.

Robtard
Now you're just talking crazy, bruh

Time Immemorial
Remember when that bullet bounced off Supermans eye? That's what would happen if a light saber hit Odin in the eye.

NemeBro
We have no idea how he did it, how long it took and how much it cost him. Going from Loki's statement, it seems like it wasn't something easy for Odin to do.

So while I don't doubt Odin could win by BFRing Palpatine into a sun or the vastness of space, can he do it before Palpatine cuts him in half?

http://static1.legiaodosherois.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/THor-The-Dark-World-prelude_pg3.jpg

Here you go. From the official tie-in comics. Here you see Odin transporting Thor to Earth by pointing his stick at him. He is noted to be weak afterwards and has to rest, but Palpatine would be busy dying in space.

You're missing the point though. Odin is able to harness cosmic forces to replicate the power of the Bifrost, which can raze civilizations. Palpatine is a somewhat physically superhuman guy with some telekinetic and precognitive powers who by feats is much weaker than Thor, who Odin can casually depower.

They aren't even on the same playing field. Odin operates at a level movie Palpatine can't even touch.

Robtard
Finally, some evidence. I'm going to read that comic. Thanks thumb up

edit: Does this mean Palpatine gets film comics/literature feats too?

Robtard
Remember when that bullet bounced off Supermans eye? That's what would happen if a light saber hit Odin in the eye.

Because?

NemeBro
Finally, some evidence. I'm going to read that comic. Thanks thumb up

edit: Does this mean Palpatine gets film comics/literature feats too? EU isn't canon bro.

EU Palpatine should win though, yeah. thumb up

Surtur
First of all it makes no sense to include feats from the cartoon version of Palpatine. None at all. You aren't dealing with movie versions then. I don't see why they don't just make a separate forum for tv battles. Also, why just from the one Clone Wars cartoon? Can movie characters take feats from both cartoons? Since then they get really insane power level wise with feats from the non-CGI clone wars cartoon.

Second, Odin had to "conjure dark energy" to send Thor to Earth only because at the time the bifrost was down. He banished Thor to Earth just fine when he took his powers. By the time Thor 2 rolls around the bridge has been fixed.

Size? When we see Odin disintegrate a Dark Elf (after the DE invasion of Asgard), the beam is fairly thin.

As far as how long Palpatine could block it, I can't say for certain. He does have the option of using the Force to pick up Odin and slam his ass to the ground, or just shove him, while he's blocking.

The beam was thicker when he was killing frost giants as opposed to a dark elf. Which I suppose makes sense given the size difference.

Surtur
Also wait, this is directly from the rules:

8) Characters from televised movies are allowed for versus matches, but characters from an actual TV series are not allowed, since, obviously, the tv series is not a movie.

So how is Palpatine from Clone Wars usable? It was not a tv movie. It was first a movie that appeared in theaters, with a tv series that followed which had 6 seasons. So where is this amendment? One would imagine such an amendment would be added to the rules.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Surtur
Also wait, this is directly from the rules:

8) Characters from televised movies are allowed for versus matches, but characters from an actual TV series are not allowed, since, obviously, the tv series is not a movie.

So how is Palpatine from Clone Wars usable? It was not a tv movie. It was first a movie that appeared in theaters, with a tv series that followed which had 6 seasons. So where is this amendment? One would imagine such an amendment would be added to the rules. Because it is accepted canon to movie Palpatine.

You're confusing characters with no direct relations to any movies, to characters from movies in tv shows. Most shows have no connections to films, and vice versa. Star Wars is a special case.

Nicolas Cage in any Cagey performance would be usable. Screech would not.

Time Immemorial
Because?

You were supposed to laugh. rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112
Now you're just talking crazy, bruh You had to have another poster nemebro clue you in to the obvious. He's in another league than palaptine, idiot.

laughing out loud

AncientPower
Odin can TP in a non-combat situation, Palpatine can speedblitz three of the fastest and most experienced warriors in the entire Jedi Order with ease.

Robtard
You had to have another poster nemebro clue you in to the obvious. He's in another league than palaptine, idiot.

laughing out loud

LoL, look how buttmad you are, it's so hilarious to watch.

You have no ability to debate intelligently, so you try and turn every thread into a flame-fest, everyone knows this thumb up

Robtard
You were supposed to laugh. rolling on floor laughing

Mission accomplished then

Surtur
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Because it is accepted canon to movie Palpatine.

You're confusing characters with no direct relations to any movies, to characters from movies in tv shows. Most shows have no connections to films, and vice versa. Star Wars is a special case.

Nicolas Cage in any Cagey performance would be usable. Screech would not.

It's accepted canon, so the novel for the movies can also be used? Why not just limit movie fights to feats from movies?

Branlor Swift
It's accepted canon, so the novel for the movies can also be used? Why not just limit movie fights to feats from movies? The novels are like the most accepted canon right behind the movies...

But probably since you diverged from your original point. Expanded lore on a MOVIE character shouldn't be excused if it's canon just because it was a TV show. This shit happens so little in fiction it's pointless to seperate them.

He is the same character at the end of the day. Not his fault more people can't make the switch from movies to tv to comics to novels to games. Star Wars is a special case.

Surtur
I think people are fully capable of separating the characters from the different versions, but I digress. I still don't get why there is no tv versus forum considering the many many tv shows out there.

Branlor Swift
I think people are fully capable of separating the characters from the different versions, but I digress. I still don't get why there is no tv versus forum considering the many many tv shows out there. They are, but then you'd just be limiting characters. If people are fans of the characters it's doubtful they only know them from one medium.

And there is a tv vs. It's called Foreign Cinema. Where people talk about glistening latinos beating women and how Kratos punches a hole in your favorite tv character

TheVaultDweller
I think people are fully capable of separating the characters from the different versions, but I digress. I still don't get why there is no tv versus forum considering the many many tv shows out there.

Well, whether everyone is happy about it or not, the Clone Wars is valid, as per the forum rules. In fact, according to the very same rule you partially quoted earlier.

8. Characters from televised movies are allowed for versus matches, but characters from an actual TV series are not allowed, since, obviously, the tv series is not a movie. Characters who have appeared on both television and on film (Star Trek, 24, etc) are allowed for versus matches. Star Trek, for example, has numerous tv shows of different franchises as well as motion pictures and it seems only fair to allow feats from both in versus matches. Remember, though: Characters who have appeared on television ONLY cannot be used in the Movie Versus Forum. That is why we have the All Versus Forum.

As long as the television material is officially canon to the films (like the Clone Wars is to the Star Wars films), any feats from the television material is valid.

ShadowFyre
Haven't read any of the actual comments or debate the past seven pages but my gut instinct obviously says Odin due to him being Odin but by actual feats, I guess Palpatine, as much as it pains me to say it.

quanchi112
LoL, look how buttmad you are, it's so hilarious to watch.

You have no ability to debate intelligently, so you try and turn every thread into a flame-fest, everyone knows this thumb up You are too ignorant in this thread to take seriously. Quit embarrassing yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.