SWTOR Lord Scourge vs. TPM Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins? Fight takes place on the Emperor's Space Station.

Nephthys
Scourge

Selenial
Lol.

Maul.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Scourge no

Based
Maul's only going to amp Scourge.

DarthAnt66
Scourge

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Based
Maul's only going to amp Scourge. He'll need it tbh.

NewGuy01
Maul's going to amp Scourge.

And then kill him. thumb up

FreshestSlice
My respect for Scourge has definitely dropped enough for me to say Maul takes this.

Nephthys
How so?

SunRazer
Maul.

FreshestSlice
How so?
I've scaled back on most of TOR after Shadow of Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I've scaled back on most of TOR after Shadow of Revan.

Or you could just scale up Revan/Viti, whether it wrenches your gut or not. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif

DarthAnt66
thumb up.

NewGuy01
Well no, because TOR rankings surrounding the HoT were based on Vitiate. Vitiate didn't just get more powerful, he was beyond the HoT to begin with. Thus the HoT and his peers should definitely be notched back.

ILS
Maul's only going to amp Scourge. According to Obi-Wan, Maul can and has fed off of anger in combat. Scourge doesn't even have that edge.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4205679-drawing+on+fury.png

--Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Nephthys

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ILS
According to Obi-Wan, Maul can and has fed off of anger in combat. Scourge doesn't even have that edge.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4205679-drawing+on+fury.png

--Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Good find. That undermines Scourge's chances significantly. Maul is more skilled and powerful; Scourge is more experienced. Maul takes this with moderate difficulty.

ILS

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Source? I've never heard of Sith feeding off of negative emotions being a standard ability.

Well Bane does it without it being noted as anything unique. That Nyriss specifically notes that Scourge's "special gift" doesn't just draw on emotion, it gorges himself on it strongly suggests that the lesser version of it isn't anything special and is decidedly inferior.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well no, because TOR rankings surrounding the HoT were based on Vitiate. Vitiate didn't just get more powerful, he was beyond the HoT to begin with. Thus the HoT and his peers should definitely be notched back.

Damn. Thinking about this indepth, SWTOR is really more of a shitstorm than I thought. So fvcking inconsistent. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1459051223.png

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
SWTOR is really more of a shitstorm than I thought.

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Too many edits, not impressed.

though admittedly you're right about that. I can't even begin to make sense of it.

ILS
Well Bane does it without it being noted as anything unique. That Nyriss specifically notes that Scourge's "special gift" doesn't just draw on emotion, it gorges himself on it strongly suggests that the lesser version of it isn't anything special and is decidedly inferior. Sounds like Drew being a bit of a dumbass, tbh.

Nephthys
It's not as if Maul's thing was noted as anything special either. Kenobi could easily recognise what he was doing.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ILS
Sounds like Drew being a bit of a dumbass, tbh.

Here at KMC, we say "sounds like dumbass was being a bit of a Drew, tbh."

ILS
It's not as if Maul's thing was noted as anything special either. Kenobi could easily recognise what he was doing. If it wasn't special I doubt it'd have been brought up in Kenobi's report, and Kenobi recognizing it makes it no less special. thumb up

Maul wins either way so I'm not too fussed. rolling on floor laughing
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Here at KMC, we say "sounds like dumbass was being a bit of a Drew, tbh." Gonna use this someday.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Good find. That undermines Scourge's chances significantly. Maul is more skilled and powerful; Scourge is more experienced. Maul takes this with moderate difficulty.

It sounds kind of like Vaapad actually. Seems likely that he was just utilizing Juyo.

ILS
Originally posted by Lord Stark
It sounds kind of like Vaapad actually. Seems likely that he was just utilizing Juyo. These were my thoughts as well.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
If it wasn't special I doubt it'd have been brought up in Kenobi's report, and Kenobi recognizing it makes it no less special. thumb up

Maul wins either way so I'm not too fussed. rolling on floor laughing

Since its something that contributed to his defeat of course he'd bring it up. And it does suggest that its hardly that special if a Jedi who's never seen another Sith knows about it enough to recognize it. Scourge needed to be told what he was doing and have it explained to him.

Nah. Scourge should be at least as powerful as Maul is, he has his unique ability, two other amps, heavy armor, a shield generator, possible other technological advantages and is ridiculously more experienced and battle-hardened than Maul is, and has probably trained his skills to a much higher extent than Maul has.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Damn. Thinking about this indepth, SWTOR is really more of a shitstorm than I thought. So fvcking inconsistent. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1459051223.png
Just come for the characters, like any other BioWare game. Don't try to make sense of it, and you'll do fine. But you have to already know that if you've made it this far.

Kosmos Supreme
Wrath Scourge is around TCW Maul

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Wrath Scourge is around TCW Maul

I'd say TPM Maul. With Wrath II being around TCWs Maul.

Kosmos Supreme
I'd say Scourge is TCW Maul level while Wrath II is Vader level, and Baras and Marr are also TCW Maul level, Thananton, Mortis, Ravage, Decimus, Vengean, Arho, etc are TPM Maul level and Ventress and Savage should be around there as well

ILS
Since its something that contributed to his defeat of course he'd bring it up. And it does suggest that its hardly that special if a Jedi who's never seen another Sith knows about it enough to recognize it. Scourge needed to be told what he was doing and have it explained to him.

Nah. Scourge should be at least as powerful as Maul is, he has his unique ability, two other amps, heavy armor, a shield generator, possible other technological advantages and is ridiculously more experienced and battle-hardened than Maul is, and has probably trained his skills to a much higher extent than Maul has. That Kenobi has a lack of experience with Sith does not necessarily mean that him pointing out the ability makes it any less unique. That's just an illogical thought process. I understand that Scourge's version is a bit special but I'm just saying, it's never really been a thing for all Sith to draw on the anger of their opponents.

kk bro lmao.

ILS
There isn't really a noticeable difference between TPM and TCW Maul. TCW is perhaps marginally more powerful but he logically isn't any more skilled, unless we roll with Jason Fry's quote accompanied by his post to Marco. Even then, the gap shouldn't be too great, and if anything Maul's skills would have atrophied and then gradually gotten back to normal after coming out of exile, not increased for no apparent reason.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
I'd say Scourge is TCW Maul level while Wrath II is Vader level, and Baras and Marr are also TCW Maul level, Thananton, Mortis, Ravage, Decimus, Vengean, Arho, etc are TPM Maul level and Ventress and Savage should be around there as well

Wrath II isn't even in Vader's league. He's barely above Baras.

I disagree. His hatred and fear were so great that he couldn't even speak when Savage found him. When Talzin used her ritual to transform that hatred and fear into logical cold calculating vengeance his raw DS power was undoubtedly intensified. And with increase to raw power his base abilities, speed, and power increased even if his skills did not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.