Palpatine's Empire vs Krayt's Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
all technology is the same
***galaxy guns and death stars are optional

all out war!!!

The_Tempest
?
If technology is the same, then it could go either way. Sheev's is bigger and Krayt has legions of Sith.

ILS
Making their technology the same seems a bit redundant... Krayt's is plainly more advanced.

Anyway, I'd honestly edge it to Krayt's Empire; it's stated even prior to Legacy: War that Krayt's Empire is just as strong as Palpatine's. Then just at the end of the series it's revealed that Krayt has purportedly millions, otherwise thousands, of his beastly Sith Troopers held in reserve. Those guys on top of the One Sith and Imperial Military is probably the most frightening military force in the mythos, and, this thread's rules be damned, even the stormtroopers saw some upgrades a century later, so Krayt has the tech edge, undoubtedly.

Palpatine's best weapons to me, seem like his version of battle meditation for a lack of a better phrase, and the death star. I don't think it'd be quite enough, though. The Sith Troopers' starfighters can eat through star destroyer shields and hull armor no problem and their will isn't easily broken by any means.

Then again, Temp could come in and rape me with some Palpatine knowledge.

The_Tempest
I think the tech concession was to make it fairer for Sheev. Where was it stated about Krayt's empire vis a vis Sheev's, btw?

Sheev's advantages include being more powerful in all respects than Krayt {battle meditation, Force storms, etc.} and his Empire being much larger with a heavier industrial base, plus experimental technology beyond Krayt's. Krayt has a distinct advantage in general tech and lots of Sith troops.

Originally posted by ILS
Then again, Temp could come in and rape me with some Palpatine knowledge.

excellent

Darth Demenos
i am just curious to see what everyone thinks palpatine, who is "definitely" smarter than krayt and only has vader, the inquisitors, sovereign guard, and several other factions of darksiders under his command,the royal guard, and his vast imperial war machine, would do against krayts thousands of sith and whatever empire he has.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Darth Demenos
i am just curious to see what everyone thinks palpatine, who is "definitely" smarter than krayt and only has vader, the inquisitors, sovereign guard, and several other factions of darksiders under his command,the royal guard, and his vast imperial war machine, would do against krayts thousands of sith and whatever empire he has.

Barring the reborn Emperor's more cosmic displays of the Force, no, the Galactic Empire's dark siders can't contend with Krayt's overall. There's just too many.

The Merchant
You give Palpatine's empire everything, Galaxy Gun busts Korriban GG.

carthage
The Emperors super weapons tip the scales

Darth Demenos
also from the very beginning krayt did not have the full might of the imperial military bc a chunk of it sided with roan fel from the start.

ILS
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I think the tech concession was to make it fairer for Sheev. Where was it stated about Krayt's empire vis a vis Sheev's, btw? Legacy Era Campaign Guide. I was mistaken though; it doesn't say they're equal, but comes about as close to that as you can get. And this is before considering Sith Troopers. Still as you've said, Palpatine has other edges Krayt lacks, so it probably is a toss up.

http://i.imgur.com/abs8mHX.png http://i.imgur.com/yMyZpj3.png

The Merchant
Also what would happen if Palpatine decided to just throw a Force Storm at Korriban?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ILS
Legacy Era Campaign Guide. I was mistaken though; it doesn't say they're equal, but comes about as close to that as you can get. And this is before considering Sith Troopers. Still as you've said, Palpatine has other edges Krayt lacks, so it probably is a toss up.

http://i.imgur.com/abs8mHX.png http://i.imgur.com/yMyZpj3.png

Yeah, basically it's saying that Krayt's empire is identical in organization and function because it's merely a continuation of what Sheev started.

Darth Demenos
Barring the reborn Emperor's more cosmic displays of the Force, no, the Galactic Empire's dark siders can't contend with Krayt's overall. There's just too many.

oh yeh i agree with you, i was just stating that was all he had as far as individual warriors.

Darth Demenos
dont forget palpatine's empire would have vader and grand admiral thrawn to lead their forces.

imo doesnt have anything to counter thrawn.

DarthAnt66
@ILS: They say something similar for Revan's Empire. :iwin:

NewGuy01
That's true, Temp, but Krayt's later tech is infinitely superior tbh. One of Krayt's Annihilators (Sith Tie Fighter) is much faster than any other ever built, and has the firepower to breach the hull of Star Destroyers. Not to mention that they're all Force-User piloted.

Then there's his Dragons...

But with tech equal, there shouldn't be much difference except for the fact that Krayt has a Sith Order.

The Merchant
GALAXY GUN GG

SunRazer
Palpatine does have a myriad of superweapons as well as his Force Storms, Essence Transfer, planetary mind control, and Battle Meditation. On top of that, he has a significantly greater number of soldiers. The issue is the fact that the actual soldiers that Krayt's army is composed of could probably take on anywhere from several to dozens of Palpatine's troops each, which would probably give Krayt the edge in strict battles.

But between Palpatine's Battle Meditation, Force Storms, Superweapons and his inability to be killed by any means available to Krayt's Empire (last man standing ad infinitum), I'd probably give it to Palpatine's Empire.

Q99
I think the Sith Annihilators can counter most of the superweapons pretty easily. Getting to and destroying each of their weakpoints is easy when you have Sith-piloted craft that pierce shields. The galaxy gun is stationary, so it's going down. The Death Stars, well, we know how *that* goes. World Devastators and Eclipses aren't even special, just big high firepower units, it's really only the GG and DSs that matter.

Krayt's Empire has some really nasty bioweapons. Omega Red is 'drop on Coruscant, everyone on Coruscant die,' and that sort of thing.

A large number of force users is a major advantage- the One Sith can steamroll over most of Sidious's dark siders and 'convince' GE Admirals to defect or assassinate them (it is well worth it to send strong assassins like Kruhl against Thrawn, I think you'd agree), planets that it's in their best interest to change sides, and such.

Especially as there'll be atrocities committed by both sides, I don't think Sidious's superweapons will tip the tide. Whether you die of plague or superlaser is fairly terrifying either way, and the spear of Krayt's force, the Sith Troopers, simply couldn't care less, so fear is unlikely to tip things.

---

A minor thing, territory wise Krayt's Empire may be a bit bigger. There was exploration, a fair amount, in the following century. Fel did keep some important bits out of Krayt's hands, but there's more minor worlds in the fray. Not the crucial factor, of course.

SunRazer
Sidious's Empire developed a number of plagues/biotic weapons as well, and he does have his Alchemical creations such as his Chrysalides.

Although it's true that Krayt's Annihilators weren't a factor in my original post. It's definitely close, but I'd still give it to Palpatine's Empire.

Q99
Originally posted by SunRazer
Sidious's Empire developed a number of plagues/biotic weapons as well, and he does have his Alchemical creations such as his Chrysalides.

Yea, but they aren't used nearly as much, or, IMO, up to Maladi's standards.

Maladi's bioweapons involve both vong techniques and bioweapons made against vong.

Including, both bioweapons made specifically for use against force-users (vong aspects making them *very* hard to force heal, even Cade was barely able to do so), and bioweapons that don't work on sith but will wipe out all life on a world 'in a matter of breaths'.

As for Chrysalides, there's Vul Isen's Leviathans. Sith Leviathans, I don't think I have to tell you, are horrifying prospects. Chrysalides have strong claws and armor, Leviathans drain life.

SunRazer
I'm aware of what Leviathans can do. Palpatine has mastered the Alchemical techniques involving the creation of Leviathans and Chrysalides as well. I can try to get you the quotes later.

EmperorSidious2
Palaptine has the best weapon the Death Star. Lol

Angelalex242
Well...

Palpatine has himself (presumably in DE mode), and Vader. It also has his Hands, which include Lumiya. Mara Jade is less useful because she stops being evil and only teenage Mara would work for him.

Krayt has himself and his order of Sith...but the Rule of 2 was invented for a reason. The Dark Side is like Venom...poured into many vessels, it is but an irritant. Pour them back into a single cup, and you have the power to stop a Krayt Dragon's heart.

Roughly translated: Sidious and Vader can gank Krayt and his entire order.

While Krayt has better tech, it's true, he didn't really make a whole lot of planet busters, so I figure, tech side, his better stuff won't stop his planet from being blown up. And Sidious's Battle Meditation counts for a lot.

Q99
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Well...

Palpatine has himself (presumably in DE mode), and Vader. It also has his Hands, which include Lumiya. Mara Jade is less useful because she stops being evil and only teenage Mara would work for him.

Also the Inquisition, which is, like, 80 people or so, most of whom are chumps.

And if we're talking Dark Empire, then the, hehe, 'Dark Side Elite.' A really pathetic group of dark siders, a half-dozen at a time.

Plus a few other scattered ones.

Sidious actually had a surprisingly large number of Dark Side users, it's just they were scattered between multiple groups, kept ignorant, and not fully trained in the way of the dark side. Most of them are barely speedbumps and rank and file One Sith can deal with them, let alone major One Sith or Sith Troopers.

Not really, they can't. The stuff about concentrating the dark side is a philosophical point, but we know plenty of sith from non-RoT times that can beat many RoT sith.

There's a reason why Sidious never even thought about taking the Jedi order head on, it'd be suicidal, because while he may take Mace or Yoda, he has no wish to take on the whole council plus whatever other strong Jedi they can dig up. Same problem here.

The concentration of power in rule of two is great for some purposes, but Krayt and Wyyrlok are as strong as some RoT sith, only they bring a lot of backup with them.

Plus, there's simply the matter of being in more places. If you've got two great sith, that's great, they can make a difference in two important battles. If you've also got a ton of other good sith, well, they'll make differences at all the battles they're at.

Krayt can have force-user forces present at pretty much every major event.

And when facing Vader or Sidious, he can bring 30 Sith Troopers with him to soften things up, and make sure the term 'fair fight' never comes into play.

Heck, I want to point something out: Krayt knows Dark Transfer. He can heal Vader's burns, and he knows it, and he knows Anakin. He may be able to get Anakin to switch sides.

His best stuff can blow up the planet busters pretty easily, though. Dragon Ships and Annihilators can burst through the fleet defending the Galaxy Gun (a stationary target) and wreck it, and you'll be hard pressed to find something that can trenchrun any easier.

And beat the defenses of the most well-defended planets. Like, let's say Krayt's Coruscant gets blown up... but then his forces take Sidious's Coruscant. Who's really got the edge there?

Though, come to think of it, Galaxy Gun projectiles are dangerous because they're well-shielded enough that you can't shoot them down before they hit target. Annihilators pierce shields. So major planets can likely be defended against the GG at least, too, until it's blow up. Death Stars are a bit trickier but literally everyone knows the trench runs at this point, and the DS2 still isn't complete.

He never made Leviathans, though. We saw Chrysalides deployed, but Leviathans weren't.

Vul Isen not only made Leviathans, but brand new variations of them.

That's a thing: Krayt has a lot of people. Sidious may know the techniques but it's an intensive process, he never actually made 'em. While Krayt can have an alchemist literally making Sith Leviathans full-time.

The_Tempest

all out war!!!

Sheev's Force storms win this. GG, Krayt. excellent

Angelalex242
...Yeah, the Force Storms.

That's the thing. Maybe Krayt brings his Lieutenants and 30 other piker Sith with him when he goes to challenge DE Sidious and Vader.

Sidious gets a Force Storm going. Superior numbers are moot. They might try to rush him, but that's what Vader, Lumiya, and Inquisitors are for. There's a decent line of people to get through to stop the Storm, since you can't stop it without the Light Side normally.

That is, I don't think numbers are alone are enough for the One Sith to take on DE Sidious with aid. Force Storm is too good at cleaning out battlefields of pikers (and even Lieutenants)

Emperordmb
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Palaptine has the best weapon the Death Star. Lol
Not really relevant when it comes to Krayt, but the Death Star is kinda dwarfed by Centerpoint Station.

carthage
Wasn't Centerpoint destroyed by the Legacy comics?

Zenwolf
I'm so done when a single fracking starfighter can take out a capital ship..

Angelalex242
Just like a single lousy starfighter took out the Death Star :P

Zenwolf
Just like a single lousy starfighter took out the Death Star :P

Who was piloted by a Force Sensitive, who then in turn was told by the Force when to fire the proton torpedos.

Add to that, that was a space station that wasn't firing at the starfighter and only 3 TIEs were chasing and would have had said starfighter if a smuggler didn't come in at the last minute.

Two entirely different things, it was also an exploited weakness. The starfighter didn't just blow it up because lol it could....like this Krayt fighter can apparently with capital ships.

Nephthys
Well anyway, Krayt definitely knows about the Death Star's weakness and I'm sure he has tons of sith pilots who could blow it up.

Trocity
Sith Troopers with their links to the Annihilator-class starfighters would take out the Death Star.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
It was, hence the "Not really relevant when it comes to Krayt" part. Just pointing out that the Death Stars were not the greatest superweapons.

Q99
...Yeah, the Force Storms.

That's the thing. Maybe Krayt brings his Lieutenants and 30 other piker Sith with him when he goes to challenge DE Sidious and Vader.

Oh, he has a lot more than that. 30 is just a good soften-up force for if he's dealing with *one* of them.

He can bring hundreds, or thousands.

See, right there? You have 80% of Sidious's force users in one place.

That means, as an alternative to taking them on, that Krayt's major force users can be spread out winning a dozen major battles.

Sidious can't afford to concentrate so much. Sure, whereever he is may go his way, but that won't win a war if he's losing most other major fights.

And if the focus is on taking out that concentrated force, a Force Storm may be a threat to entire fleets, but a big spread-out force of Annihilators can go after and hammer whatever ship, station, or world Sidious is on. If all his major assets are in one place like that, they don't have anything better to do. If Krayt's forces do focus on that location, they could afford to spend 3/4ths the One Sith orders and Sith Troopers, and it'd still be worth it for a victory.

An actual duel, come to think of it, really isn't in the most likely. It's better to kill Sidious from orbit. But if there is a duel, then Krayt's going to have troopers and various darths split off all of Sidious's force user support, have his sorcerers work to counter the Force Storms (sure, they're powerful, but they take a lot of concentration even for Sids, disrupting that concentration is bad), and then if all that is done, go in with several strong Sith at his side and a good group of Sith Troopers, sending in the troopers first just to make Sidious spend effort first and get a better sense on his precise level.

Basically a one-on-one or even number fight isn't going to happen. It's either going to be a 'pile on him ala what happened with Kol Skywalker,' or if the Force Storms are too much of a threat, just kill him from a distance, or if it is something resembling a duel, make sure there's enough other strong sith around to counter any Sidious with him.

And if he *doesn't* think he can prevent the force storms and do that, then just don't engage directly, win the war via other means, kill the superweapons and win more battles.

Because what are the odds that Sidious can force a duel with Krayt on something near Sidious's terms here?

Krayt knows of Sidious's strength.
He also has the more mobile trump cards in the force of a sith order and sith troopers, which can give him local superiority, and those ones are big enough that even if Sidious has every last force user on his side with him, Krayt can still bring enough to run over all the lesser ones pretty quickly and easily (most Inquisitors and Dark Side Elite would lose to Sith Troopers even if they had numerical advantage!).

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Who was piloted by a Force Sensitive, who then in turn was told by the Force when to fire the proton torpedos.

Add to that, that was a space station that wasn't firing at the starfighter and only 3 TIEs were chasing and would have had said starfighter if a smuggler didn't come in at the last minute.

Two entirely different things, it was also an exploited weakness. The starfighter didn't just blow it up because lol it could....like this Krayt fighter can apparently with capital ships.

The One Sith both knows the DS weaknesses as a matter of historical record, and even before the Sith Trooper Annihilators came on line, had sith ace pilots like Darth Rauder.

Here's just some of them, from one fleet's pilot complement. They're normally one per squadron, doubling as political officers.

Krayt's Empire can send a very large force of fighters against them, with a significant core of force users. Annihilators can go around destroying all the turrets near the trench to boot, making it easy for people to take as many trench runs as they need.

Pilot-wise, there's barely any force sensitive pilots in the Empire. Vader, Steele.... they don't have the quantity of quality of the Krayt Empire elite.

Zenwolf
Guys I wasn't even coming into the debate, I was just clarifying that Luke didn't destroy the Death Star just because he could or the X-wing could.

I was just merely saying the Annhilator is completely stupid imo being able to destroy a capital ship.

Q99
Guys I wasn't even coming into the debate, I was just clarifying that Luke didn't destroy the Death Star just because he could or the X-wing could.

I was just merely saying the Annhilator is completely stupid imo being able to destroy a capital ship.

Well, being able to pierce the shields. It's not like it's a one-hit kill, they're just extremely nasty.

Specifically due to being Force Tech, I think the first use of force tech since the Rakatans.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99
Well, being able to pierce the shields. It's not like it's a one-hit kill, they're just extremely nasty.

Specifically due to being Force Tech, I think the first use of force tech since the Rakatans.

Even piercing it's shields seems dumb, but less so yes. I was literally thinking it was able to just one-shot them by comments of them here, because I was then thinking, what's the point of capital ships? So thanks for clarifying that.

ares834
Originally posted by carthage

Originally posted by Emperordmb
It was, hence the "Not really relevant when it comes to Krayt" part. Just pointing out that the Death Stars were not the greatest superweapons.

It was in Legacy of the Force actually.

I'm so done when a single fracking starfighter can take out a capital ship..

*cough* Executor *cough*

Anyway, it's a good fight. Krayt has the strongest Sith Order ever with him but Palpatine's military is apparently larger IIRC and he seems to have more brilliant commanders.

Emperordmb
I know it was in LOTF, I took Carthage's comment to mean by the time of the Legacy comics.

Angelalex242
I'm not sure how the 'kill him from a distance' plan is supposed to work on a guy who can wipe entire fleets out with the Force.

Grand Admiral Thrawn is also a pretty good trump card. Even with a bunch of Force users, you're not outsmarting that guy.

The Merchant
Thrawn puts a colony of Ysalamiri on every Star destroyer and the Death Star~

Angelalex242
Pretty much. That's actually another really good way of making Krayt's people miserable. You can have the whole place Ysalimiried up except for whatever room Sidious is tossing Force Storms out of.

Q99
I'm not sure how the 'kill him from a distance' plan is supposed to work on a guy who can wipe entire fleets out with the Force.

A storm still has to travel around and go ship-by-ship.

A spread out force of fighters can't be taken out so easily, and a squadron of Annihilators can rip into the ship he's on. Quite willing to do suicide attacks as well.

Several dozen Annihilator squadrons attack from a dozen directions, supported by other fighters (including Sith pilots) to prevent any defending fighters from stopping them, while dozens of capital ships are also around. Sidious can do *one* force storm at a time and it can't be in front and behind, on top and beneath, to the left and to the right, of his location at the same time. Who do you think wins?

You can still blow him up, though, especially if you have advantages he either doesn't know about or doesn't have a counter for. Even he had to retreat on a couple occasions, he just makes forces under his command more efficient, not invincible.

Assassinate him, for the other option.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Thrawn puts a colony of Ysalamiri on every Star destroyer and the Death Star~

There aren't enough Ysalamiri in existence for that. Remember, they're from just one planet, they're delicate, and the range of one is just a few meters. You need a large concentration to do the job.

Hitting their planet with a plague would solve things fast...

Or of course, one could use them against Sidious's force storms. Because neither side actually has more access to them than the other.

Palpatine has a few specific brilliant commanders, but the average isn't any better, the Krayt Empire has a solid number of good commanders. Consider how the bulk of the fighting has to be done by the rank and file, and only one side will have Sith alongside it's commanders.

And due to the Dragon Ship/Sith Trooper fleet and their force weaponry, I'd say that Krayt's fleet is the stronger.

Ground fighting, Stormies vs Stormies with Sith attached to the units (oh, and some non-humans in the ranks as well, IMO also an edge).

Fighters, TIE Fighters and Interceptors vs Predators/Sith Imperial Fighters (which all have shields and hyperdrives. Even if you even the tech in other areas, they've got the X-wing edge, basically), with Sith attached to the units.

The presence of Sith give a small edge to basic warfare on each level.

Then the trump card, thousands of cyborg Sith Troopers, force powerful and who are carried around in Dragon Ships half again as long as an ISD II, and are used to pilot Annihilators, which due to their shield-piercing weaponry can shoot up capital ships in short order.

No combat unit in the Empire can stop that, not without Sidious providing storms, and even that has limits. Thrawn, faced with the Dragonship fleet, will use his brilliance to figure out the minimum forces he can lose while escaping.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
And due to the Dragon Ship/Sith Trooper fleet and their force weaponry, I'd say that Krayt's fleet is the stronger.

I wouldn't.

Revanchiste
Mother****ing Thrawn.. Cannot test....

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834

*cough* Executor *cough*

Again no Ares, the A-wing only took out the Executor because it's shields went down from sustained attack by the Rebel fleet and only by suicide crashing into the bridge. It didn't take it down, just because again...it lol could.

ares834
Ah, got it. Thought you were just complaining about a single star fighter taking down a capital ship,

The_Tempest
Still going with Sheev. There's no tech disparity here; Sheev's Empire is larger, more militarized, and equipped with more capable commanders. Sheev also can spam his enemies with Force storms and super weapons. The rank and file of Krayt's empire will probably see mass defections when they realize how much Sheev outclasses Krayt.

Nephthys
The super weapons won't be a big deal I don't think. Krayt should know how to beat them all through future knowledge.

And there actually is a tech disparity. There was a tech disparity in LotF, theres certainly one in Legacy with Krayt's Vong and Force tech.

Also Sith commanders > Moffs imo.

Angelalex242
...That's actually a thought. One of Sidious's best moves is to simply try to confront Krayt head on. Even if Krayt flees, other Force Sensitives will sense how badly outclassed Krayt really is. And may switch sides.

Though I suppose the premise of the fight includes 'nobody is allowed to convert anyone on the opposing team.'

Speaking of which, actually getting rid of Sidious is about impossible. For all his future knowledge, I don't think Krayt knows about Byss.

Nephthys
Why not? Why wouldn't Byss be common knowledge after Sidious' death?

The_Tempest

all out war!!!

No there's not, Neph. erm

Nephthys
Lame.

The_Tempest
Your anti-Sheevism is getting out of hand if you're so desperate to see him lose that you can't read the OP tbh. erm

Nephthys
I did read the OP 3 days ago.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
I did read the OP 3 days ago.

Suuuure.

Angelalex242
I don't see why. It's not like word spread, and Byss the planet was blown up in 10 ABY. The alliance didn't want to go through THAT again.

Q99
Still going with Sheev. There's no tech disparity here; Sheev's Empire is larger, more militarized, and equipped with more capable commanders. Sheev also can spam his enemies with Force storms and super weapons. The rank and file of Krayt's empire will probably see mass defections when they realize how much Sheev outclasses Krayt.

If Sheev has superweapons, then Krayt has his 'fighter squadrons that can blow up Star Destroyers thanks to their shield-piercing force weaponry' and the bigger-than-ISD ships they launch from.

And 'sending Sith agents to make governors defect,' is something the One Sith do, but the GE doesn't really have enough agents to try (Oh, sure, they could send Inquisitors and, heh, 'Dark Side Elite,' but those'll mostly die to OS pretty fast, and they could do a few dozen planets to OS sending agents to several hundred).

Average commanders, I do think is not a disadvantage to the Krayt Empire either. They have Sith on their side, which also prevents disloyalty or cowardice, and have the advantages of force foresight helping out their decisions. The GE only has *one* Thrawn, after all, and they've got plenty of incompetents too.

...That's actually a thought. One of Sidious's best moves is to simply try to confront Krayt head on. Even if Krayt flees, other Force Sensitives will sense how badly outclassed Krayt really is. And may switch sides.

Sith Troopers, no chance of defection there. Krayt can have a number of them at any confrontation spot, he doesn't have to avoid a confrontation and may indeed welcome it, since it will not be a one-on-one. Against outside threats he won't feel the need to limit himself to a straight duel.

While there's some individuals who may switch in some conditions, many are loyal to either Krayt and/or the One Sith cause, even unto death. Talon is very loyal to Krayt. Wyyrlok believes in Krayt's dream. Kruhl had no problem going on a suicide mission vs a stronger foe.

Some, like Stryfe, would be willing to switch *after* a fight but not before, and may step aside if a duel happens, but not before.

Nihl I could see switching if he was given a message independently, but *only* if he believed it'd grant him great power. I don't think he'd be willing to play 'you can be backup, just in case something happens to Vader,' but could switch if the actual apprentice slot opened up. Would not be adverse to lightning'ing Sidious in the back if it raised him enough in Krayt's eyes to be taught everything.

Maladi... tougher to judge. She was willing to play at disloyalty but only actually did so as part of Krayt's plan. Also joined in alongside Krayt vs Morne/Muur. Doesn't believe in a fair fight.

We could do it either way.

I'll mention my earlier comment that Krayt could likely get *Vader* to defect, since he can heal Anakin's burns and knows Anakin personally so he'd totally try.

And I think Vader defecting would be a death-blow, more-so than the OS losing some lesser individuals would be.

Why wouldn't he? It's in the history books, public knowledge.

Angelalex242
Is it public knowledge? where does it say that? Much of World War II is theoretically public knowledge. Doesn't mean we random people know it.

Trocity
Force storms are the deciding factor imo.

Q99
Force storms can only be done in one place in one system at one time. Even within one battlefield, it takes time to move around and hit targets.

The war will take place over hundreds of thousands of systems.

Is it public knowledge? where does it say that? Much of World War II is theoretically public knowledge. Doesn't mean we random people know it.

It was literally the enemy capital, there's no reason for it to be a secret (indeed, there was imperial propaganda on how great it was), and we aren't talking random people.

The Krayt Empire is a descendant of the Imperial Remnant, which had people from the Dark Empire in it and even still controlled the system for awhile after the world was destroyed. It's on the maps, in other words.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Q99
Force storms can only be done in one place in one system at one time. Even within one battlefield, it takes time to move around and hit targets.

Not true. In the Dark Empire audio drama, Mon Mothma notes that Palpatine was unleashing several Storms at once in multiple different star systems as he was unleashing one on Coruscant.

Angelalex242
Yep.

Never underestimate how Hax Sidious really is.

Sinious
Never underestimate how Hax Sidious really is.

thumb up

Q99
Not true. In the Dark Empire audio drama, Mon Mothma notes that Palpatine was unleashing several Storms at once in multiple different star systems as he was unleashing one on Coruscant.

Ooohkay, that is new on me smile

So, yea, that does help a lot, but I do think a sufficiently big attackon his location with enough of the Sith Annihilators could potentially do something about that.

Let me note how the New Republic, still fairly young and weak at this point, was able to hold out against him and his various superweapons for some time.

The storms do require concentration, so it seems likely that even being able to do multiple, he can only do so for so long. And while he may be able to do a few locations, a fleet can still be in dozens, even hundreds of locations.

The_Tempest
Sidious was beating the shit out of the New Republic and Krayt is gonna die.

Angelalex242
Well, yes. If it weren't for Luke and Leia, the New Republic pretty much had nothing.

Sidious:Forcedamned kriffin' Skywalkers...

Trocity
By the same token, Krayt's Sith Troopers and his new technological advances during War were also shitting all over the Alliance. It all fell apart when Krayt died, similar to Sidious with his Empire.

Lord Stark
Curious, with Krayt's Sith even stay loyal when they know that Palpatine is more powerful? Loyalty is cool and all but as heretical as the One Sith are they only follow Krayt because he's powerful.

ares834
Certainly true for some. But many of them are just unquestionably loyal to him such as Talon. It's almost as if they were brainwashed. And the Sith Troopers would never defect, Krayt can and has ordered them to kill themselves before.

SunRazer
It's plausible for Sidious to break that mental connection, but he probably has other things to be doing.

Q99
Sidious was beating the shit out of the New Republic and Krayt is gonna die.

Yes, but it was still taking some time despite the NR being fairly small and weak (it lost Coruscant to Imperial Warlords *before* Sidious reappeared). His force power is not an I-win button, is what I'm saying.

In contrast to the Krayt Empire which is large, strong, and has an incredibly overpowered speciality fleet in his Sith Troopers and their force-based tech.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Curious, with Krayt's Sith even stay loyal when they know that Palpatine is more powerful? Loyalty is cool and all but as heretical as the One Sith are they only follow Krayt because he's powerful.

I think they view Krayt as the personification of the One Sith to an extent. If the Order is stronger than Sidious, then that's good enough, Krayt doesn't need to take him on in a one-on-one duel.

Sorta like how Rule of Two sith consider treachery an ok way to off the boss, aside from raw personal power.

Originally posted by ares834
Certainly true for some. But many of them are just unquestionably loyal to him such as Talon. It's almost as if they were brainwashed. And the Sith Troopers would never defect, Krayt can and has ordered them to kill themselves before.

I'll note that with some exceptions like Nihl and Havok, most were literally born One Sith. They were raised in the sith ways from birth.

At least some of them had mental connections to Krayt- Stryfe talked of Krayt's presence in his mind (though when he was unable to feel it following Krayt's first death, it didn't shake his loyalty, just made him concerned).

Aside from the Sith Troopers, there's Ruyn allowing himself to be killed by Talon on Krayt's order.

It's plausible for Sidious to break that mental connection, but he probably has other things to be doing.

Yes, in normal sith it should certainly be breakable.

Sith Troopers, it's literally programmed in, so they're another matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.