Kraken (Clash of Titans) vs. Godzilla (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*2010 Version of the Kraken

Battle takes place over Tokyo

Time Immemorial
Kraken shit stomps

wallman77
Godzilla- Godlike monster

Kraken- Literal Titan and Godkiller

Almost spite

ShadowFyre
Based off what exactly? I own both Clash of Titans and the only "feat" the Kraken has is being bigger than everything around him, and tearing up a portion of a city that was made out of wood and mud/stone.

Godzilla 2014 is right up there in his weight class, he's arguably both faster and smarter, has ranged weaponry and is a big thick brick who has more experience fighting other large kaiju. Those spindly tentacle arms from the reboot will get snapped in half.

If you are debating that he stomps based off mythology and lore as he was supposed to be the strongest Titan I think under Chronos, then I won't argue that, but based off actual feats?

He rears up, roars and breaks fragile structures, swings and misses at the Pegasus, looks at Medusa head. Dies. Both movies.,

Based off size though, and the fact that the Gods who were pretty powerful, considered him an ultimate weapon I'm gonna say the new American Gojira wins a small majority.

All Japanese versions would clean sweep him. Even showa would take a healthy majority. The Kraken appears for 5 minutes or less and immediately dies. No feats to go off of.

ShadowFyre
But based off implied power and that supposedbly "nothing" but the Medusa head can hurt the Titan then yeah it would be impossible to beat him without said plot device

Genesis-Soldier
i have to say the kraken wins, he wasn't a titan seeing as he was made from the flesh of hades but from what i have seen he is bigger then Godzilla and possible stronger. godzilla has more of an arsenal and is agreeably smarter then the kracken and agruably more experienced fighting (have not seen or recall any stories in the movies regarding to the kraken fighting, just that the gods feared it so)

Psychotron
Godzilla was almost killed by a building collapsing on him, meanwhile the Kraken was a godslayer. Based of implied power the Kraken wins.

ShadowFyre
Ok, so he wins due to implied power.

The building didn't almost kill him, it fell on him and after being stabbed dozens of times he took a little nap and either healed himself or caught his breath. But he was up a few minutes later and dominated the rest of the fight via breath and brute strength.

But he is still weak sauce compared to the original.
If this was heisei or final wars Gojira, would y'all still say the Kraken wins by implied power?

Kotor3
Good battle, I would say Kraken based off implied power. We really didn't see the Kraken full size. This could be a stomp for the Kraken.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Implied power doesn't hold water here... Godzilla stomps based on feats

Psychotron
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Ok, so he wins due to implied power.

The building didn't almost kill him, it fell on him and after being stabbed dozens of times he took a little nap and either healed himself or caught his breath. But he was up a few minutes later and dominated the rest of the fight via breath and brute strength.

But he is still weak sauce compared to the original.
If this was heisei or final wars Gojira, would y'all still say the Kraken wins by implied power?

Yeah, sure, a little nap...

I don't know, I don't watch that nippon shite.

ShadowFyre
Not sure what else to call it, the building toppled over on him, then Brody sees him laying his head down and closing his eyes, from exhaustion were led to believe. The building didn't KO him as he was moving around after, then closed his eyes.

Anyway,so Kraken wins via iimplied power. Godzilla wins through feats.

Time Immemorial
Simple fact is the Kraken defeated Kronos and all the titans, and we saw Kronos power and feats. So scaling his feats to the Kraken is easy win.

Kotor3
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Implied power doesn't hold water here... Godzilla stomps based on feats What feats that implies a stomps by Godzilla? We may have not seen what the Kraken did but we do know the Kraken is one if not the main reason the Titans lost. That feat in itself is greater than anything Godzilla did.

quanchi112
Implied power doesn't hold water here... Godzilla stomps based on feats Godzilla was not that impressive. But by all means make a case.

ShadowFyre
The burden of proof is on anyone supporting the Kraken as it has less than ten minutes of screentime and just like its predecessor so many years ago, it did absolutely nothing except show up, make a lotta noise, and then get turned to stone.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Exactly Shadow... Godzilla has a long and distinguished history of fighting monsters. He was even shown doing so. The Kraken was shown doing next to nothing. Feats > implied power

quanchi112
Exactly Shadow... Godzilla has a long and distinguished history of fighting monsters. He was even shown doing so. The Kraken was shown doing next to nothing. Feats > implied power We already know how powerful he is based off other characters with feats in the film. Medusa would also turn Godzilla to stone.

smile

KingD19
The most powerful of the Titans was Cronos, and he was basically a walking volcano. I doubt he would have survived the nuke they dropped on Big G's head a few decades back from the movie.

Just how I dot Kraken will survive an Atomic Breath blast to the face.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yup

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
The most powerful of the Titans was Cronos, and he was basically a walking volcano. I doubt he would have survived the nuke they dropped on Big G's head a few decades back from the movie.

Just how I dot Kraken will survive an Atomic Breath blast to the face. Godzilla fed on that energy. That's his power source so it isn't applicable here. You also speculate. The gods in these films were extremely powerful and he was greater than them.

A building kid Godzilla for crying out loud.

Do buildings power Godzilla up like the nuclear energy ? Nope, hence why he fell, sport.

Genesis-Soldier
cronos was the form of a volcanic entity, think of "the Swarm" from resistance 2

gozilla doesnt have the power to kill cronos. medusa has the advantage of turning any living thing to stone with a single glare (kinda cuts through the bullshit) kraken is implied bigger and more dangerous then godzilla. even if "impllied" doesnt have much weight its still enough for a will over godzilla

ShadowFyre
Like hell it is, the Kraken was "implied" stronger because his only opponents were humans wielding sticks and spears and had no way of defeating a monster that size. In addition, none of the Gods, Chronos nor any creature in any single movie were ever shown to have the power output to do anything on the scale of a nuclear weapon.

Since this is 2014 Godzilla, he only takes this 6/10.
Heisei or FW Gojira would one shot both the Kraken and Chronos.

And I like both of the Titan movies but nobody in the original, or the newest two have shown one single feat to suggest they can take on the King.

Khazra Reborn
Kraken is probably the most unimpressive Kaiju I've ever seen. Godzilla bbqs him with his atomic breath, and has calamari for dinner.

Time Immemorial
Cept the only way to stop the Kraken was Medusa's head. Not even Cronos and all the titans could stop him before.

Kraken wins without sweat, his arms would wrap godzilla up like a toy and crush him.

The Kraken was created from Hades. Godzilla was created from radiation.

From the get go, he's starting off with more power.

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19

Just how I dot Kraken will survive an Atomic Breath blast to the face.

Volcano >>>> collapsing building.

Kraken wins.

ShadowFyre
To bad all the building did was knock him down and not knock him down. You should really rewatch the movie if your gonna keep posting that, because its wrong.

Really? Crush him? Prove it?. The only thing the Kraken destroyed under HHS own physical strength was wooden houses.

Chronos was a walking Volcano that slung lava, and he has nothing to do with this battle.

And it was said the only way the heroes of the film could defeat him was Medusas head. Hades created him so he could uncreate him.

Nuclear weapon>>>>>every damage output created by both Clash of the Titan and Wrath of the Titans, including the non exploding, only walking Volcano.

Facts/feats>>>implied opinions

I watched the parts including Chronos and the Kraken yesterday, including the building part with Goji. I'm done with this debate, though since people are just making stuff up now.

Psychotron
Godzilla 2014 was a fuccboi. He was being overwhelmed by the MUTOs and temporarily taken out of the fight by that building, get over it.

Time Immemorial
To bad all the building did was knock him down and not knock him down. You should really rewatch the movie if your gonna keep posting that, because its wrong.

Really? Crush him? Prove it?. The only thing the Kraken destroyed under HHS own physical strength was wooden houses.

Chronos was a walking Volcano that slung lava, and he has nothing to do with this battle.

And it was said the only way the heroes of the film could defeat him was Medusas head. Hades created him so he could uncreate him.

Nuclear weapon>>>>>every damage output created by both Clash of the Titan and Wrath of the Titans, including the non exploding, only walking Volcano.

Facts/feats>>>implied opinions

I watched the parts including Chronos and the Kraken yesterday, including the building part with Goji. I'm done with this debate, though since people are just making stuff up now.

Glad your done. Kraken slaughters goji.

ShadowFyre
I have actual facts to fall back on. Get over it.

Time Immemorial
I have actual facts to fall back on. Get over it.

Oh well, Kraken wins.

Forum's collective opinion>yours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.