Black Bolt -Vs- Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Black Bolt

Vs

Despero

Surtur
I was going to say Despero since he is a potent telepath, but I noticed it is DCnU so I have no clue how potent that version is.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur
I was going to say Despero since he is a potent telepath, but I noticed it is DCnU so I have no clue how potent that version is.

BB has high level telepathic resistence.

Surtur
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
BB has high level telepathic resistence.

I'm sure he does, but Despero was a beast all his own. I'm quite sure he was superior to BB's telepathic bro.

Blue Area Vet
I'm sure he does, but Despero was a beast all his own. I'm quite sure he was superior to BB's telepathic bro.

He is, but BB counters it with electron manipulation. If he can block it, he can block it. It's not about who is the stronger telepath.

Surtur
He is, but BB counters it with electron manipulation. If he can block it, he can block it. It's not about who is the stronger telepath.

But it remains to be seen if he can block it. If he blocks out one telepath it doesn't mean he could block them all out. Telepaths come in all shapes and sizes, with varying levels of power. If his best feat is resisting a telepath who is less powerful then Despero..well, then you can't say he resists Despero.

So what is his best telepathic resistance feat?

leonidas
pre nu despero wins this handily. nu despero, who knows....?

Blue Area Vet
But it remains to be seen if he can block it. If he blocks out one telepath it doesn't mean he could block them all out. Telepaths come in all shapes and sizes, with varying levels of power. If his best feat is resisting a telepath who is less powerful then Despero..well, then you can't say he resists Despero.

So what is his best telepathic resistance feat?

Of course it remains to be seen as they haven't met. This is all speculation about fictional characters.

I disagree that it matters how strong the telepath is because of the means by which he is able to "protect" his mind. Again, it's through his electron manipulation, not telepathy of his own. At least that's my theory. BB is a very unique character.

Supermex
I believe the To powers won't come to affect in this fight due to defenses..

So were left with what? Who wins?

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas

quanchi112
Black bolt wins.

nwg202

Scoobless
I may be in hte minority with this, but I feel Despero is vastly overrated around here. Sure, he's powerful, but he has shown many times that he isn't invulnerable and his TP isn't always instant acting.

Giving BB the benefit of the doubt as to mind control as his particular defence isn't telepathy in itself, just something that closes the door to that power.

Despero is definitely the stronger of the two (by far) but BB has more exotic powers and he always has his voice to fall back on. Even if Despero was starting to overcome his TP defence, a simple yell of "NO" would cut it off, and probably hurt Despero a lot in the process.

No, the scream also isn't "all powerful" we saw Thanos tank it during Infinity, but we also saw it f*** up the likes of Hulk and Gladiator in the past.

Basically it comes down to Despero's ability to tank a quasi-sonic conversation. Without seeing all of his showings, I don't think his resistance is top-notch enough to take it.

BB 6-7 / 10

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Scoobless
I may be in hte minority with this, but I feel Despero is vastly overrated around here. Sure, he's powerful, but he has shown many times that he isn't invulnerable and his TP isn't always instant acting.

Giving BB the benefit of the doubt as to mind control as his particular defence isn't telepathy in itself, just something that closes the door to that power.

Despero is definitely the stronger of the two (by far) but BB has more exotic powers and he always has his voice to fall back on. Even if Despero was starting to overcome his TP defence, a simple yell of "NO" would cut it off, and probably hurt Despero a lot in the process.

No, the scream also isn't "all powerful" we saw Thanos tank it during Infinity, but we also saw it f*** up the likes of Hulk and Gladiator in the past.

Basically it comes down to Despero's ability to tank a quasi-sonic conversation. Without seeing all of his showings, I don't think his resistance is top-notch enough to take it.

BB 6-7 / 10

Great post. PC Marvel has become anti-badass, just look at how they have depowered Thor and BB.

krisblaze

It hasn't been that long since Silent War actually, where Iron Man was taken out simply by being in the vicinity of a whisper.

beatboks
This

I'm curious to know how this helps against a character who's powers include low level Matter manipulation AND energy manipulation. Technically Despero should be able to pull down/dismantle any such protection. Pre52 Despero also had the power of Hypnosis that allowed him to mind control without TP someone only had to see him. Combining that with physicals that are close to Superman should be too much for BB.

But i'm clueless as to Nu52

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by beatboks
This

I'm curious to know how this helps against a character who's powers include low level Matter manipulation AND energy manipulation. Technically Despero should be able to pull down/dismantle any such protection. Pre52 Despero also had the power of Hypnosis that allowed him to mind control without TP someone only had to see him. Combining that with physicals that are close to Superman should be too much for BB.

But i'm clueless as to Nu52

Yeah, and BB has both EP and matter manipulation, so that's a wash. Then there is the quasi sonic blast bywhich a whisper drew blood from Gladiator.

Stoic

BB 6-7 / 10

I can stand behind this argument. BB just better not come within striking distance or its over for him.

ODG
Originally posted by Stoic
I can stand behind this argument. BB just better not come within striking distance or its over for him. He's come within striking distance of Hulk in all of his fights, which he mostly won. He's not a glass cannon.

Sin I AM
Wasn't black bolt weakened though in infinity?

ODG
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wasn't black bolt weakened though in infinity? The bomb's detonation weakened him.

cdtm
Of course it remains to be seen as they haven't met. This is all speculation about fictional characters.

I disagree that it matters how strong the telepath is because of the means by which he is able to "protect" his mind. Again, it's through his electron manipulation, not telepathy of his own. At least that's my theory. BB is a very unique character.

The Shiar had high level tp blocking programs. Cassandra Nova went through them like they didn't exist.

GL's have tp resistance enough to keep Grodd and Hector Hammand out. John ended up forcing his brain to think in a dead language simply to pop in the same room as Furnus the burning martian and tp his friends out..

Neither example was tp, but tp countermeasures.

Assuming BB's electron manipulation could keep anyone out, no matter how strong they are, is a no limits fallacy.

Scoobless
Wasn't black bolt weakened though in infinity?

He might have been. He also might have been holding back a little as his "scream" did little or no damage to the city below Attilan.

Can anyone refresh our memories as to his highest feat(s) of destructive power?

Galan007
Originally posted by ODG
The bomb's detonation weakened him. thumb up
http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/23168929_New_Avengers_v3_012-015.jpg

krisblaze
Seriously?

Bran already had like 3-4 rants about how he wasn't weakened.

awraru
Despero easily

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by krisblaze
Seriously?

Bran already had like 3-4 rants about how he wasn't weakened. I've only ever said he wasn't weakened in the initial scream. Everything else was half power.

Still, half power screams are nothing to scoff at considering he nigh solo'ed the New Avengers with seemingly whispers in that state.

krisblaze
Hmm, seems like he would be weakened for everything or nothing?

Branlor Swift
The bomb didn't go kablooey until after Thanos got hit with his scream

And then everything went kablamo, and they started to kapow each other

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

I understand now.

Insane Titan
Wasn't black bolt weakened though in infinity? did carver hack your account?

krisblaze

Right.

He detonated the bomb with the first scream, which subsequently weakened him.

Thanks for putting it in kablammo terms

Branlor Swift
Basically once the city and bomb went kabloosh is when you'd assume he got weakened.

Though it would have made much more sense if the kabamdown did it considering he walked off a kablooey that took away half his power bar, but what are you going to kado?

krisblaze
I know how Bolt wins this though.

Steps up to Despero.

"Boom, bam, bop, botta bop, boom, POW!"

Branlor Swift
thumb up

Scoobless
Originally posted by krisblaze
I know how Bolt wins this though.

Steps up to Despero.

"Boom, bam, bop, botta bop, boom, POW!"

Did Blackagar join the black eyed peas?

It does seem fitting somehow...

Blue Area Vet
Did Blackagar join the black eyed peas?

It does seem fitting somehow...

Yeah, he's the guy who never has a verse.

Galan007
but what are you going to kado? HA!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.