Satele Shan vs. Anakin Skywalker (AotC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Battle takes place in an abandoned Chicago. Who wins, tbh?

S_W_LeGenD
Are you serious?

Satele Shan stomps, assuming her prime.

|King Joker|
Yes, her prime.

Nephthys
Satele

The_Tempest
Satele. Great fight, though.

NewGuy01
Not sure what the point of this thread was, but Satele.

|King Joker|
What's the point of any thread?

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Satele. Great fight, though.

Nah.

Col. Valerian
Satele. I don't think Anakin's ever faced an opponent wielding a double-bladed saber before. Aside from Satele's superiority at this point in Anakin's career, that alone would make him uncomfortable.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
Nah.

Why not?

Zenwolf
Tbh now that, that was brought up by Val. When has a different style of saber even been really effective in a fight? Truly effective in the sense that it would drastically alter it?

I mean if you look at it, it hasn't really been something that changed much. I mean in TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were able to contend with Maul's double bladed saber, despite the fact this is the 1st Sith Lord in...what was it? 1,000 years or so? Returning and he was using a weapon that clearly neither Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had seen before.

Yet both of them weren't really deterred by it as both of them were able to handle it quite well when they were together and separated.

The same with Dooku and his curved hilt against Obi-Wan and Anakin the first time.

Unless I'm missing some information here.

Stigma
Satele.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh now that, that was brought up by Val. When has a different style of saber even been really effective in a fight? Truly effective in the sense that it would drastically alter it?

I mean if you look at it, it hasn't really been something that changed much. I mean in TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were able to contend with Maul's double bladed saber, despite the fact this is the 1st Sith Lord in...what was it? 1,000 years or so? Returning and he was using a weapon that clearly neither Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had seen before.

Yet both of them weren't really deterred by it as both of them were able to handle it quite well when they were together and separated.

The same with Dooku and his curved hilt against Obi-Wan and Anakin the first time.

Unless I'm missing some information here.

You don't think that if Maul had wielded a single-hilt saber Kenobi and Jinn would not have had a better chance at defeating him, at least initially? I do.

We see how this does matter, for example, in the Bane versus Kas'im fight. Bane had the edge all along right up until Kas'im started using two lightsabers, a style Bane had never faced before and thus was at a disadvantage.

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Why not?

Its too early for Anakin.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
You don't think that if Maul had wielded a single-hilt saber Kenobi and Jinn would not have had a better chance at defeating him, at least initially? I do.

We see how this does matter, for example, in the Bane versus Kas'im fight. Bane had the edge all along right up until Kas'im started using two lightsabers, a style Bane had never faced before and thus was at a disadvantage.

They would have had a better chance sure, but I'm saying that even when faced with a completely different weapon, they weren't completely outclassed by it to the point they couldn't defend themselves from it.

It matters sure, but really I'm seeing it as more the person being unable to adapt instead of the weapon itself being all that matters.

Col. Valerian
Yeah I'm not saying it's a determining factor, just that it matters at least to a certain degree.

NewGuy01
Anakin has seen double-bladed lightsabers before. He makes notes about them in the Book of Sith, and talks about how Gate Master Jurokk uses them.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin has seen double-bladed lightsabers before. He makes notes about them in the Book of Sith, and talks about how Gate Master Jurokk uses them.

But has he ever seen them prior or at ATOC?

Although considering Maul, the Jedi probably did dig up some info on them and with Obi-Wan teaching Anakin he could have also told him about it.

Even still I'm not sure it's much of a big factor here against him.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure Anakin's first entries in the Book of Sith were around the same time as AotC.

Based
Originally posted by |King Joker|
What's the point of any thread?

On here? Recently? To lowball or to spite tbh.

Lord Stark
But has he ever seen them prior or at ATOC?

Although considering Maul, the Jedi probably did dig up some info on them and with Obi-Wan teaching Anakin he could have also told him about it.

Even still I'm not sure it's much of a big factor here against him.

The Temple Guard utilizes double bladed sabers...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The Temple Guard utilizes double bladed sabers...

Right but that was TCW, not AOTC. But I overlooked them because they didn't appear much and I don't remember TCW all that well, so yeah ok.

Lord Stark
Right but that was TCW, not AOTC. But I overlooked them because they didn't appear much and I don't remember TCW all that well, so yeah ok.

I doubt they equipped them for the Clone Wars. But alas you conceded so its all good.

Based
Regardless of whether it's been seen or not is almost irrelevant. Seeing and knowing is one thing, but the lack of real experience in fighting a saberstaff still gives an inherent disadvantage.

A southpaw in boxing is always said to have an advantage against an orthodox fighter just because of their rarity. Obviously, every boxer is aware of what a southpaw is but until they get in the ring and get experience with fighting them it doesn't matter.

But if you want to be impressed with Anakin potentially knowing what a saberstaff is then I'm all for it.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Based
Regardless of whether it's been seen or not is almost irrelevant. Seeing and knowing is one thing, but the lack of real experience in fighting a saberstaff still gives an inherent disadvantage.

Wrong. Saberstaffs are at a disadvantage against single opponents. This has been stated in the mythos several times.

The only one at a disadvantage will be Satele. Even TPM Darth Maul, who's is far more skilled than TPM Kenobi than Satele is to Anakin, was at a disadvantage with both sides of his saberstaff extended.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Based
On here? Recently? To lowball or to spite tbh. Very perceptive, Based. Unfortunately that's true.

Not the purpose of this thread, though, obviously.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Wrong. Saberstaffs are at a disadvantage against single opponents. This has been stated in the mythos several times.

The only one at a disadvantage will be Satele. Even TPM Darth Maul, who's is far more skilled than TPM Kenobi than Satele is to Anakin, was at a disadvantage with both sides of his saberstaff extended. doesn't matter really. Satele Force blasts Anakin into the afterlife

carthage
After she gets humiliated and stomped in a duel thumb up

WildBantha88
Originally posted by carthage
After she gets humiliated and stomped in a duel thumb up and right before she breaks his lightsaber in his hand and drops a building on him thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.