Thanos vs Superman, slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krisblaze
Thanos and Superman duke it out.

Thanos is allowed to amp his punches.

They trade hits.

Who wins?

Fight 1: New 52
Fight 2: PC Superman

One_Angry_Scot
Which Superman is in this match up? The New 52 one?

krisblaze
There, both of 'em.

h1a8
Superman in both.

Insane Titan
Thanos in both

quanchi112
Thanos, decisively.

Philosophía
Is Superman allowed to close his fist, or can he only hit open handed?

carver9
Thanks wins after a hard fight.

quanchi112

Blue Area Vet
Nos!

panthergod
Superman wins, easily with nu 52.

Reflassshh
PC destroys.

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Superman wins, easily with nu 52. Based on ?

zom1967
i`m glad to just be talking comics again,but Thanos is on another level than supes,give me a brake.

panthergod
Originally posted by zom1967
i`m glad to just be talking comics again,but Thanos is on another level than supes,give me a brake.

No he isn't, He's noticably physically weaker than the final every mainstream pre reboot version of Superman for the past 30 years.

panthergod
Including Post Crisis-Pre Flashpoint.

panthergod
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Forgive, me, i thought this was Post-Crisis /Pre Flash point, nor Pre-Crisis.

In this case Superman wins 10/10 every time.

And it's becasue he's far stronger and more physically powerful. Period.

DTM
Pre Crisis Superman wins solidly, Nu52 loses after a fairly solid fight.

relentless1
both Supermen clock Thanos out; Darkseid > Thanos and Superman has gone toe to toe with Darkseid physically and gotten the better of him in the past so he could KO Thanos

Insane Titan
Lol great logic

zom1967
If Thanos wants to he can simply teleport supes 200 light years away,like he did with Gladiator!

Insane Titan
If Thanos wants to he can simply teleport supes 200 light years away,like he did with Gladiator! it's a slugfest

krisblaze
PC was supposed to be post crisis, woops!

carver9
Originally posted by relentless1
both Supermen clock Thanos out; Darkseid > Thanos and Superman has gone toe to toe with Darkseid physically and gotten the better of him in the past so he could KO Thanos

When did Nu52 Superman do well against Darkseid? Scans.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
When did Nu52 Superman do well against Darkseid? Scans.

Think he's talking about fight 2 in this thread. Hence, 'in the past'.

carver9
When did Superman get the better of PC Darkseid?

krisblaze
I always found Thanos hard to place physically.

His energy business has always been more or less consistent, but his durability (when it comes to physical trauma) has not...

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
I always found Thanos hard to place physically.

His energy business has always been more or less consistent, but his durability (when it comes to physical trauma) has not... that durability has been consistent too.

ODG
thumb up

krisblaze
Originally posted by Insane Titan
that durability has been consistent too.
I don't think so, but perhaps no less consistent than with other comic-book characters stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
When did Superman get the better of PC Darkseid?

Post Crisis?

Insane Titan
I don't think so, but perhaps no less consistent than with other comic-book characters stick out tongue tbf when you take his average showing against physical attacks , they don't really effect him to a degree that endangers him.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Post Crisis?

I thought PC means Pre Crisis?

h1a8
tbf when you take his average showing against physical attacks , they don't really effect him to a degree that endangers him. putting it that way then hardly no high Herald is in danger from 1 or 2 hits. Thanos hasn't got hit a lot. 1 time here, a couple of times there. Even the pg Thor fight he got hit 5 times or less I believe. Thanos never got hit with someone of Superman's strength either.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
putting it that way then hardly no high Herald is in danger from 1 or 2 hits. Thanos hasn't got hit a lot. 1 time here, a couple of times there. Even the pg Thor fight he got hit 5 times or less I believe. Thanos never got hit with someone of Superman's strength either. more nonsense from,

Thor w/PG was stronger than Superman.

DarkSaint85
I thought PC means Pre Crisis?

Read above. OP clarified.

carver9
Gotcha. I have him on ignore so I didn't see it.

DarkSaint85
He also clarified that Hulk smells, and Glads is an autistic monkey.

carver9
He also clarified that Hulk smells, and Glads is an autistic monkey.

laughing out loud laughing out loud all of this is probably true.

h1a8
more nonsense from,

Thor w/PG was stronger than Superman. prove it. What strength feats did he have that tops Superman's best

Galan007
If Thanos wants to he can simply teleport supes 200 light years away,like he did with Gladiator! thumb up!

Supermex
Thanos wins

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up! I don't know why that made me laugh

Reflassshh
Galan is just jealous someone stole his place as the most knowledgeable folk around thumb up

Galan007
More or less... Ergo the excited thumbs up I gave him. thumb up

carver9
prove it. What strength feats did he have that tops Superman's best

What strength fts does Darkseid have?

ODG

They trade hits.

Who wins?

Fight 1: New 52 Thanos wins easily. This isn't even a contest.

awraru
Supes

Estacado
Thanos.

DarkSaint85
What strength fts does Darkseid have?

Two shotting a bloodlusted Supes.

deathlife
Thanos knocks him out

Insane Titan
prove it. What strength feats did he have that tops Superman's best the fact Thor and Superman are roughly equal in strength, plus Thor was amped by the gem and getting stronger by the minute.

Why are you asking for feats when you deal in power sets.

carver9

Is this the ft you want to use H1?

D-Block
Thanos wins

Prof. T.C McAbe

They trade hits.

Who wins?

Fight 1: New 52
Fight 2: PC Superman

Both Superman win 6/10, they are stronger, though it won't be easy if they trade punches as Thanos durability is good enough to keep him in the game till he goes down.

leonidas
supes isn't winning this...

zom1967
I don`t know about PC supes,he used to do idiotic things like tow a whole solar system with a big net.That shit dosen`t work today,and Thanos would lay out Superman flat real quick.Do you really think Superman could give Odin the fight Thanos did?Give me a break,simpletons!

tkitna

We're not asking about his low end feats.

krisblaze
Originally posted by tkitna
We're not asking about his low end feats.
Does this honestly seem like a low end feat to you?

zom1967
the fact Thor and Superman are roughly equal in strength, plus Thor was amped by the gem and getting stronger by the minute.

Why are you asking for feats when you deal in power sets. Thanos kicked Thor`s ass,and when he got sick of fighting him.He got what he called a toy and put him in a bloke of force!

DarkSaint85

True, DS should've done it in 1/4 of a punch.

Basefoiler
superman, stronger, faster, smarter

quanchi112
Originally posted by Basefoiler
superman, stronger, faster, smarter Based on ?

Basefoiler
feats and facts

quanchi112
Originally posted by Basefoiler
feats and facts Which feats and which facts ?

LordofBrooklyn
Which feats and which facts ?

The ones in the comics you don't read.

The Supermen land more hits due to speed and put the Emo Eggplant to sleep.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The ones in the comics you don't read.

The Supermen land more hits due to speed and put the Emo Eggplant to sleep. Then let me hear which ones. Superman fans avoiding pertinent questions is all too telling. Thanos is consistently on another league. Superman might break some bones even hitting him. Thanos wins, easily.

Genii96
Thanos beats the shit out of new 52 supes.

h1a8
Originally posted by Genii96
Thanos beats the shit out of new 52 supes.

Anyway, Superman is significantly stronger and faster.

h1a8
Then let me hear which ones. Superman fans avoiding pertinent questions is all too telling. Thanos is consistently on another league. Superman might break some bones even hitting him. Thanos wins, easily. Superman hurting his hands on Thanos is a good joke. I have a better one. Thanos is a big soft purple pillow man. Superman, being harder than steel, splatters him with ease. laughing out loud

Anyway, Superman is significantly stronger and faster. He beats Thanos up with ease here.

iceman24567
Thanos wins

quanchi112
Superman hurting his hands on Thanos is a good joke. I have a better one. Thanos is a big soft purple pillow man. Superman, being harder than steel, splatters him with ease. laughing out loud

Anyway, Superman is significantly stronger and faster. He beats Thanos up with ease here. Namor hits with greater force than steel. Be serious.

Based off what ? Your baseless claims make people not view you as a serious poster. Prove it.

Insane Titan
Superman hurting his hands on Thanos is a good joke. I have a better one. Thanos is a big soft purple pillow man. Superman, being harder than steel, splatters him with ease. laughing out loud

Anyway, Superman is significantly stronger and faster. He beats Thanos up with ease here. faster has nothing to do with slugfest, learn something.

panthergod
Thanos gets his jaw punched off.

panthergod
more nonsense from,

Thor w/PG was stronger than Superman.

Not even close.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by panthergod
Not even close. Superman admitted a regular Thor was his hardest opponent ever, this Thor is infinitely stronger.

Branlor Swift
I agree with Panthergod's premise, Thanos wins

LordofBrooklyn
faster has nothing to do with slugfest, learn something.

Of course speed is relevant.

A slugfest restricts the combatants to fisticuffs not taking regulated turns punching each other.

iceman24567

A slugfest restricts the combatants to fisticuffs not taking regulated turns punching each other. Trading hits makes one believe they are actually taking turns no expression

quanchi112

A slugfest restricts the combatants to fisticuffs not taking regulated turns punching each other. A slugfest is two guys standing with each trading blows. This isn't melee combat. This is just two guys wailing on each other. Thanos wins, easily.

tkitna

It was a joke. Lets all calm down now.

h1a8
Namor hits with greater force than steel. Be serious.

Based off what ? Your baseless claims make people not view you as a serious poster. Prove it. Reading comprehension cramp I see. I said harder than steel, not hard as steel. Based off Superman's feats and all the times Thanos was affected by high Herald level blunt force.

quanchi112
Reading comprehension cramp I see. I said harder than steel, not hard as steel. Based off Superman's feats and all the times Thanos was affected by high Herald level blunt force. So does Namor so your point is moot.

Name the times and the feats. You didn't give one example. laughing out loud

Diesldude

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by tkitna
It was a joke. Lets all calm down now.

Kris is so angry inside.

JBL
Thanos with ease.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
Doesn't make a difference, superman wins anyway. Based on ?

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Thanos with ease. superman is stronger and faster. He wins.

Insane Titan

A slugfest restricts the combatants to fisticuffs not taking regulated turns punching each other. you need to read up on what a slugfest is kid.

quanchi112
superman is stronger and faster. He wins. You still haven't addressed what you're basing this off of specifically.

ODG
Thanks wins after a hard fight. Harder or easier than Helspont's backhand one-shot?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ODG
Harder or easier than Helspont's backhand one-shot?

laughing

Hey, was he "weakened" at the time? laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
Harder or easier than Helspont's backhand one-shot?

No comment.

Raisen
You still haven't addressed what you're basing this off of specifically.
Facts

h1a8
You still haven't addressed what you're basing this off of specifically. Superman's strength feats are greater than Thanos strength feats. So I'm basing things off feats of strength.

quanchi112
Superman's strength feats are greater than Thanos strength feats. So I'm basing things off feats of strength. Which strength feats ? Quit avoiding the question.

h1a8
So does Namor so your point is moot.

Name the times and the feats. You didn't give one example. laughing out loud how is my joke moot when I said Thanos is a pillow man and Superman is harder than steel and thus he splatters Thanos? Namor is irrelevant to that.

Superman has a bazillion strength feats beyond anything Thanos had done strength wise. Lifting an Earth weight is just one of many.

Time Immemorial
No comment.

Hard for you to remain so quiet in a thread with two characters that you can't stand. You can't say two much on either side in fear of it coming back to haunt you..

Predictable, but well played.

quanchi112
how is my joke moot when I said Thanos is a pillow man and Superman is harder than steel and thus he splatters Thanos? Namor is irrelevant to that.

Superman has a bazillion strength feats beyond anything Thanos had done strength wise. Lifting an Earth weight is just one of many. Basless claims. Thanos has destroyed a planet in his fight against drax in one of his first appearances. Comparisons hold more weight than feats, boy.

h1a8
Basless claims. Thanos has destroyed a planet in his fight against drax in one of his first appearances. Comparisons hold more weight than feats, boy. the planet destroyed itself. Thanos and Drax only created chain reaction. They made the planet's core unstable, causing the planet to blow itself up.

It was also a shared feat AND it takes more force to lift a planet than to destroy it DIRECTLY (not indirectly).

quanchi112
the planet destroyed itself. Thanos and Drax only created chain reaction. They made the planet's core unstable, causing the planet to blow itself up.

It was also a shared feat AND it takes more force to lift a planet than to destroy it DIRECTLY (not indirectly). Prove it. Prove it was a chain reaction.

Prove that. Superman has many shared feats. laughing out loud

h1a8
Prove it. Prove it was a chain reaction.

Prove that. Superman has many shared feats. laughing out loud You must didn't read the actual comic. They wretched the planet from its normal ebbs and tides making it unstable. Anyway, assuming that they did it directly then not only it's a shared feat but it's still inferior to lifting a planet.
Superman has several planetary lifting feats without being shared. The one where he and Hal moves the Earth was still over 100 Earth weights of force. That means Superman exerted more than 50 Earth weights.

quanchi112
You must didn't read the actual comic. They wretched the planet from its normal ebbs and tides making it unstable. Anyway, assuming that they did it directly then not only it's a shared feat but it's still inferior to lifting a planet.
Superman has several planetary lifting feats without being shared. The one where he and Hal moves the Earth was still over 100 Earth weights of force. That means Superman exerted more than 50 Earth weights. So you can't prove it. When has superman lifted a planet by himself ? Prove that lifting something is greater than destroying it as well. Baseless claims.

Insane Titan
Lifting feats mean nothing in a slugfest.

It's like comparing a power lifter to a boxer.

Reflassshh
Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Thanos. False. Punching feats matter more so than lifting feats in a slugfest. Thanos' superior strength and durability make short work of Superman. He's on another level and is portrayed consistently as such.

smile

Reflassshh

Badabing
Namor 1 punched Thanos to a bloody mouth. Superman caves in Thanos' face. Superman's fist >>>> Thanos' face. like

Insane Titan
Thanos bloodied Thor when he had the power gem. Thor without the gem
Did the same to Superman.

Thanos wins.

Badabing
Groot punched out Thanos. Superman >>>> Groot!

Galan007
http://img.pandawhale.com/92127-Top-Gun-high-five-gif-Danger-Z-91Wd.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by Badabing
Namor 1 punched Thanos to a bloody mouth.

Thanks I needed a good laugh today.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Thanks I needed a good laugh today.

Superman bench pressed Earth. Why are you giving Thanos the nod here?

quanchi112

Insane Titan
Groot punched out Thanos. Superman >>>> Groot! and did no damage.

Next?

Star428
Thanos bloodied Thor when he had the power gem. Thor without the gem
Did the same to Superman.

Thanos wins.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you saying Thanos wins but I thought crossovers were not allowed. I remember several members (including myself) getting threatened with bans a while back for using that exact crossover you're referring to in a Supes vs Thor thread.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Namor 1 punched Thanos to a bloody mouth. Superman caves in Thanos' face. Superman's fist >>>> Thanos' face. like
thumb up
The oldest being on this planet has spoken and we all should listen to his wisdom.

Reflassshh
You're always confused. Because you're convoluted as shit.

Badabing
and did no damage.

Next? Bro, you're all busted from being Zom'd. It would be best that you don't speak. ermOriginally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up
The oldest being on this planet has spoken and we all should listen to his wisdom. This seems reasonable. thumb up

Insane Titan
Bro, you're all busted from being Zom'd. It would be best that you don't speak. erm This seems reasonable. thumb up Nah bro you're just projecting because Zom spilt you in 2 from a heavy busting session.

You fell prey to the Zominator!

Badabing
Zominator...laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Because you're convoluted as shit. How so ?

krisblaze
Who won this one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.