Gladiator vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
No BFR
Self BGR
No Weakness Explotiation

Just a strait up fight.
Go

Insane Titan
This was done about a week ago

Philosophía
Shazam!

I'll go with Gladiator now.

Booya_69
Silver surfer for the heavy majority. He can match him physically and do much more with his versatility.

abhilegend
How can he match Gladiator physically?

MrMind
Well, He did match up with Knull in a sword fight

fought green scar when he was severely depowered

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind

Green scar was weakened as well. Bad example.

Booya_69
Originally posted by abhilegend
How can he match Gladiator physically?

Similar feats. Surfer also has a winning record against mid heralds.

Booya_69
Originally posted by carver9
Green scar was weakened as well. Bad example.

Hulk had a longer time to recover since he went through the wormhole well before surfer did yet surfer was still handling hulk tho.

Stoic
Originally posted by Booya_69
Hulk had a longer time to recover since he went through the wormhole well before surfer did yet surfer was still handling hulk tho.

The Surfer has more, or less always defeated the Hulk, but not so much against many that the Hulk has done well against. It's his ability to add the Hulk's power to his own. Can he do that to Gladiator? If so in a comic he'd win, but he's been hindered from doing that here. For that reason, I give Gladiator the win here. Normally with all things considered, Surfer gets my vote.

celeyhyga17
Surfer

leonidas
is this supposed to be h2h...? ss takes glads all day if it's all powers in....

Philosophía
All powers in, yes, as the original post says.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Booya_69
Similar feats. Surfer also has a winning record against mid heralds.
What similar feats? Gladiator has punched a planet apart and choked Jane Thor out with one hand. What's Surfer done to show he is that strong?

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
What similar feats? Gladiator has punched a planet apart and choked Jane Thor out with one hand. What's Surfer done to show he is that strong? Put up a good fight against The Thing?

Joking aside, do we count the Dr. Strange story where Gladiator is much more powerful than Surfer as canon?

Hm.

MrMind
it was non canon?

leonidas
not sure why it wouldn't be canon...i also don't credit it too much. just a nice high for glads.

MrMind
if only Gladiator didn't struggle against the likes of Corsair, Gambit, Deathbird, Cannonball, a War Skrull, Wolverine, Colossus, Black Cloak, The Thing, Lockjaw, Throg, Ikon, Havok, Rom

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer.

carver9
if only Gladiator didn't struggle against the likes of Corsair, Gambit, Deathbird, Cannonball, a War Skrull, Wolverine, Colossus, Black Cloak, The Thing, Lockjaw, Throg, Ikon, Havok, Rom

None of this is true.

MrMind
this is my reaction everytime I see carver post

C5cV1NXR1Ek

StiltmanFTW
Everyone struggles against Wolverine.

Surfer is lucky he never fought Logan. One time he did was in a What if and he got one-shotted like a trash he is.

StiltmanFTW

Surfer was relishing in being a gladiator, even though he hated himself for it.

Hulk tried to reason with him and was depowered as well.

--
Green Scar started as one of the weakest Hulk incarnations before he got to his WWH levels by recovering from said depowerement, absorbing radiation and mastering the Shadow Priest technique that allowed him to boost his rage and use it to the full advantage.

Philosophía
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Everyone struggles against Wolverine.

Surfer is lucky he never fought Logan. One time he did was in a What if and he got one-shotted like a trash he is. lol, Wolverine vs Surfer is essentially this:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/iFyhAdgFB8kuzDN9gY/200.gif

Surfer was relishing in being a gladiator, even though he hated himself for it.

Hulk tried to reason with him and was depowered as well.

--
Green Scar started as one of the weakest Hulk incarnations before he got to his WWH levels by recovering from said depowerement, absorbing radiation and mastering the Shadow Priest technique that allowed him to boost his rage and use it to the full advantage. To put an emphasis on the growth - Surfer got drained killed by Red Hulk, while post-WWH Hulk destroyed him.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

thumb up

Booya_69

MrMind
I feel like you are just naming random feats from respect thread

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

In the Offenders/Defenders arc, yes.

Booya_69

abhilegend

Philosophía
Post the scans of Hulk being explicitly more powerful than Surfer in the Defenders arc in a direct power contest, abhi.

POST IT!

Booya_69

abhilegend

h1a8
Gladiator wins. Without weakness exploitation how would SS significantly harm Gladiator (excluding the board from behind trick)?

Assume Gladiator stood there for 1 minute allowing Surfer to do his best. How do you see Surfer significantly injuring Gladiator?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
Gladiator wins. Without weakness exploitation how would SS significantly harm Gladiator (excluding the board from behind trick)?

Assume Gladiator stood there for 1 minute allowing Surfer to do his best. How do you see Surfer significantly injuring Gladiator?

Send a clone time travelling of course thumb up

leonidas
laughing out loud

you and time travel....

nortonek
Silver Surfer

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

you and time travel....

Lol.

Well there is also telepathy I guess........? Surfer recently was shown powerful enough to hide things telepathically from Galactus....

leonidas
yeah he's always had underrated tp. and glads is very susceptible to tp.

StiltmanFTW
He can protect his thoughts, sure.

But is he capable of a psionic attack?

Philosophía
He can protect his thoughts, sure.

But is he capable of a psionic attack? He has telepathy but, like all of his jake-of-all-trades-master-of-none powers, the magnitude of it is very limited towards non-existent.

https://i.ibb.co/zxLdhkn/sufertelepathy.png

He mostly reads minds and sends messages.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.