The One vs Edward (twilight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Go!!!

Robtard
Asian guy speed blitzes and punches Edward in the face, shattering his marble-like composition.

tl;dr

Victor: Asian guy via smashing his opponent's face to rubble

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Asian guy speed blitzes and punches Edward in the face, shattering his marble-like composition.

tl;dr

Victor: Asian guy via smashing his opponent's face to rubble

It's been a long time since I saw The One, but what strength feats did he have to suggest he could shatter the face of someone durable enough to get hit by a van going 30-40 mph and not only be completely unharmed, but not even be budged by the impact?

I agree The One is faster though, at least when it comes to reflexes. His running speed seemed about the same as the T-Vamps.

Silent Master
How about picking up two motorcycles(one in each hand) and using them as melee weapons.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
How about picking up two motorcycles(one in each hand) and using them as melee weapons.

T-vamps have strength enough to stop a speeding van with one hand without being budged.

Silent Master
The van was barely dented where the emovamp connected, so I doubt it was still moving very fast at the time. plus the van also hit the back of the truck

Surtur
The van was barely dented where the emovamp connected, so I doubt it was still moving very fast at the time.

It was going at least 20 mph at the very least. That is still a lot of weight and force to stop in its tracks.

Also, I just looked up the clip on youtube. Yeah, it hit with some pretty decent force. Enough at least that I'd say you'd need to be stronger then using motorcycles as weapons if you intend to be able to take them out before they can attack.

Silent Master
He didn't stop it dead in it's tracks, as the back of the van still hit the truck.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
It's been a long time since I saw The One, but what strength feats did he have to suggest he could shatter the face of someone durable enough to get hit by a van going 30-40 mph and not only be completely unharmed, but not even be budged by the impact?

I agree The One is faster though, at least when it comes to reflexes. His running speed seemed about the same as the T-Vamps.

-Punching through sheet metal

-Bending a steel pole with a kick

-Making a hole in concrete with a foot stomp

These are all feats capable when there's only two people left sharing the life-energy of their line for these characters.

I also reject the 30-40mph speed, the van would have been severely damaged at those speeds when Ed-boy stopped it, but it just sustained a dent. Edit: I see SM covered this.

Silent Master
I just re-watched the motorcycle scene and not only did he use them as melee weapons but he also stopped them bare handed.

Psychotron
The One wins with ease.

FrothByte
I know people here hate the twilight movies so I shouldn't be surprised at the massive lowballing Edward is getting.

Maybe The One can win, but he's definitely not doing it "with ease".

Mindset
Originally posted by FrothByte
I know people here hate the twilight movies so I shouldn't be surprised at the massive lowballing Edward is getting.

Maybe The One can win, but he's definitely not doing it "with ease". Well he's faster and a better fighter, from what I remember.

Edward may be able to even the odds with his tp though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte

Maybe The One can win, but he's definitely not doing it "with ease".

https://i.imgflip.com/lubzp.jpg

Silent Master
Given that Yulaw is fast enough to tag emovamp, strong enough to hurt him and far more skilled...I see no reason for the fight to be all that difficult.

FrothByte
Edward pushed down a tree. What has Yulaw done to make you think he's stronger?

It's also questionable whether he's faster.

Silent Master
Nobody said Yulaw was stronger, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

StealthRanger
Hai gais, pushing a tree makes Edward Cullen Class 100+ :zaru

FrothByte
Nobody said Yulaw was stronger, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

My bad. I misread your post. Let me rephrase:

What makes you think Yulaw is strong enough to hurt twivamps?

Silent Master
You mean other than being able to casually use two motorcycles as melee weapons?

FrothByte
You mean other than being able to casually use two motorcycles as melee weapons?

Yup. Because as impressive as that sounds, it still doesn't equate to Edward being able to push down a tree. And Edward isn't exactly known for being a strong vamp, meaning the other vamps he fought would have been at the same strength range meaning that's the kind of strength you need to hurt a twivamp.

Something that Yulaw has yet to show. Plus, IIRC Edward has some form of healing factor.

Silent Master
Show Edward tanking that level of force without any damage.

FrothByte
Getting hit by other vamps? Other vamps who're all probably strong enough to uproot a tree?

Stopping a moving van with a hand? Because you know, a van is a lot heavier than a motorcycle right? Especially a moving van, so now you have to factor in it's velocity together with it's mass. Whereas Yulaw picked up a stationary motorcycle. Doesn't matter if he picked up two with each hand, Edward stopped the van with one hand as well.

Plus if I'm not mistaken, when Edward had that fight with the big vamp in the 2nd movie he looked like he had accelerated healing.

Time Immemorial
When did Edward push a tree down, I seen all those movies and don't remember. What movie was it?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
When did Edward push a tree down, I seen all those movies and don't remember. What movie was it?

I believe it was the third one where he was fighting with the red headed vampress. It wasn't exactly a big tree, but it's still a better strength feat than anything Yulaw has.

Time Immemorial
Oh yea, I remember that now.

Surtur
He didn't stop it dead in it's tracks, as the back of the van still hit the truck.

You are right he didn't stop it dead in its tracks. But it's still a good feat compared to the feats listed for The One.

The tree feat mentioned also. As strong as Edward was, he apparently wasn't especially strong for a T-Vamp. His thing was more his speed. In a foot race I'd actually bet on Edward to eventually win..they seemed to easily keep pace with speeding cars. But if they had to dodge bullets or something Yulaw would be able to while Edward would not.

FrothByte
Edward seemed decently fast here. Not sure if it's enough to dodge bullets but I doubt Yulaw can just speedblitz Edward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEXsOOVWuGA

Time Immemorial
Its a close call on this fight. Edward has serious speed and strength and a healing factor. Id give to Edward cause I seen those movies way more then The One..I could only watch that movie One timelaughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Its a close call on this fight. Edward has serious speed and strength and a healing factor. Id give to Edward cause I seen those movies way more then The One..I could only watch that movie One timelaughing out loud

He also has telepathy and will know whatever Yulaw is planning to do.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
He also has telepathy and will know whatever Yulaw is planning to do.

Yes and no, That never proved to helped him in combat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.