Namor vs Blastaar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Who wins

krisblaze
Namor - he actually beat the Hulk

golem370
Originally posted by krisblaze
Namor - he actually beat the Hulk

PIS

krisblaze
Originally posted by golem370
PIS
How?

They had a close fight and Namor won.

riv6672
Namor. He busted Thanos' face bloody with one shot. That shot would take Blastaar's head off.

leonidas
namor.

carver9
Blaastar...he took on the entirety of the Avengers including Namor and Thor and was winning. Namor can't do anything to the Hulk anymore. Those are classic day fights.

krisblaze
^clueless hype by someone who hasn't read comics, please disregard.

riv6672
Carver what is it with you and this "classic days" drivel? This is two threads, same silly reasoning.

Branlor Swift
Namor already kicked the shit out of Blastaar while dehydrated.

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
Carver what is it with you and this "classic days" drivel? This is two threads, same silly reasoning.

Because Namor admitted during his last mentioning of fighting Hulk that Hulk would kill him. Plus, Hulk power level has grown tremendously since his fight against Namor. Namor is fighting Black Panther while Hulk is shaking planets in his scuffle against powerful beings.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

One of Namor best showings. Don't think that would happen under normal conditions.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
One of Namor best showings. Don't think that would happen under normal conditions. What, under the condition that Namor is at full power?

carver9
What, under the condition that Namor is at full power?

Namor was doing stuff that was highly questionable during that comic like powering through Cyclops all out optic blast like nothing. I'm not saying the ft doesn't belong to Namor but I am saying the writer was wanking him, to high extremes. We seen how a fight between the two would go under normal conditions and Namor loss.

Insane Titan
What, under the condition that Namor is at full power? haha can't wait to hear his "reply"

riv6672
Jesus. There is no pleasing you today, Carver. Do you want to write the stories yourself to accept them?
Cuz the rest of us have to make do with the comics that actually get published. Sheesh.

Stoic
Because Namor admitted during his last mentioning of fighting Hulk that Hulk would kill him. Plus, Hulk power level has grown tremendously since his fight against Namor. Namor is fighting Black Panther while Hulk is shaking planets in his scuffle against powerful beings.

The Hulk and a few others are the exception, not the rule. Not all characters grow tremendously in strength over a period of time. The Hulk is stronger now than he was on average.

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
Jesus. There is no pleasing you today, Carver. Do you want to write the stories yourself to accept them?
Cuz the rest of us have to make do with the comics that actually get published. Sheesh.

Not what I'm saying. I accept showings but what I am saying is things wouldn't play out the same.

Branlor Swift
Namor was doing stuff that was highly questionable during that comic like powering through Cyclops all out optic blast like nothing. I'm not saying the ft doesn't belong to Namor but I am saying the writer was wanking him, to high extremes. We seen how a fight between the two would go under normal conditions and Namor loss. Namor was wanked because he powered through Cyclops' blast? Whose feats are you taking into account there?

And when did Namor lose to Cyclops? Not ringing any bells.

Estacado
Namor was doing stuff that was highly questionable during that comic like powering through Cyclops all out optic blast like nothing..
haermm

zopzop
Context? Anyone got scans of this?

I'm with Carver on this one, Namor is good but Blastaar is just too powerful.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by zopzop
Context? Anyone got scans of this?

I'm with Carver on this one, Namor is good but Blastaar is just too powerful. do you see Blastaar doing to Thanos what Namor did ?

riv6672
^^^Not on his best day.

zopzop
Originally posted by Insane Titan
do you see Blastaar doing to Thanos what Namor did ?
Drawing a little blood from Thanos with his best attack? Yes.

Gamora has done it. An alien axe has done it. It means nothing.

riv6672
It was more than that, and it meant something.
The fact that IT just used it as a reference is proof of that.

Blue Area Vet

laughing

Your mind is all the way gone.

Blastaar is class 50 and BB voice would have vaporized his jobber ass.

Insane Titan
Drawing a little blood from Thanos with his best attack? Yes.

Gamora has done it. An alien axe has done it. It means nothing. gamora never drew blood when they was sparring , she hit him in the throat area which made him spit phlegm out.

The alien merc they cut him was after he had battled 25,000 other mercs. It's logical his body took some sort of punishment before his durability finally gave way and was cut.

carver9
Namor was wanked because he powered through Cyclops' blast? Whose feats are you taking into account there?

And when did Namor lose to Cyclops? Not ringing any bells.

Not just the Cyclops showing, I'm talking about everything overall that happened "while he was dehydrated".

He didn't lose against Cyclops, I'm talking about his fight in the past against Blastaar.

carver9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
laughing

laughing out loud

Class 50.

celeyhyga17
laughing

Blastaar is most probably above class 50.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Blastaar is most probably above class 50.

He may before better, but that's what he is listed as. Point is his strength is not on par with Namor's.

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

Class 50.

Laugh now, cry later.

Blastaar possesses great physical superhuman strength allowing him to physical lift about 50 tons of weight possibly more around somewhere over 75 to 80 tons of weight due the Power Grids stating he's a 6 out of 7 in the strength scale and him fighting beings about stronger than him like the Thing, and Namor.

http://www.comicvine.com/blastaar/4005-10963/

DarkSaint85
...doesn't that SUPPORT carver?

carver9
Laugh now, cry later.

Blastaar possesses great physical superhuman strength allowing him to physical lift about 50 tons of weight possibly more around somewhere over 75 to 80 tons of weight due the Power Grids stating he's a 6 out of 7 in the strength scale and him fighting beings about stronger than him like the Thing, and Namor.

http://www.comicvine.com/blastaar/4005-10963/

Comicvine Bio. How strong do you think Genis is because Blastaar physically restrained him?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
...doesn't that SUPPORT carver?

I didn't think Carver made a particular utterance other than a laugh.

Blue Area Vet
Comicvine Bio. How strong do you think Genis is because Blastaar physically restrained him?

And where do you think they got that bio? You think they made it up? He was always listed as class 50, it came straight from the old Marvel Universe handbook which I have in a binder. Just say you didn't know that.

Blue Area Vet

I'd have to know what version. Doesn't change the fact that he is listed as class 50 which less than Namor.

DarkSaint85
I didn't think Carver made a particular utterance other than a laugh.

He was laughing at Blastaar being only at class 50, and he is of the opinion the Blastaar is higher than that.

You then post evidence supporting that he is INDEED, higher than 50.

Besides, we don't go by handbooks so much. Partic comicvine and other sites like that, as anyone can edit it. Carver could log in and write he's class 100, and def stomps Namor....

Blue Area Vet
He was laughing at Blastaar being only at class 50, and he is of the opinion the Blastaar is higher than that.

You then post evidence supporting that he is INDEED, higher than 50.

Besides, we don't go by handbooks so much. Partic comicvine and other sites like that, as anyone can edit it. Carver could log in and write he's class 100, and def stomps Namor....

The you don't know what the word "possibly" means. Possibly is not synonomous with indeed no matter whether it is bolded or not. Plus, you are simultaneously attacking the source and validating the source. You can discount the class system, but the point is that Namor was always listed as being a physically stronger character listed as being able to press 85 tons. And we know he far outperforms that.

DarkSaint85
The you don't know what the word "possibly" means. Possibly is not synonomous with indeed no matter whether it is bolded or not. Plus, you are simultaneously attacking the source and validating the source.

A very fair point - it is indeed not synonymous. In other words, the use of the word 'possibly' means that the writers of the article don't really know for certain. I agree.

Then, you don't know what the word 'besides' means. It means that after making point A, it does not really matter anyway, as point B is more relevant - i.e., we don't take handbooks.

Blue Area Vet
A very fair point - it is indeed not synonymous. In other words, the use of the word 'possibly' means that the writers of the article don't really know for certain. I agree.

Then, you don't know what the word 'besides' means. It means that after making point A, it does not really matter anyway, as point B is more relevant - i.e., we don't take handbooks.

Says who, you? I know exactly what besides means by the way, I just disagree you get to decide what counts and what doesn't. Historically, Namor is a stronger character and unless you have proof Blastaar has somehow surpassed him in strengh, you are wasting your time and mine.

DarkSaint85
Says who, you? I know exactly what besides means by the way, I just disagree you get to decide what counts and what doesn't. Historically, Namor is a stronger character and unless you have proof Blastaar has somehow surpassed him in strengh, you are wasting your time and mine.

Bada, forum mod:

Originally posted by Badabing
What is it with people saying "Hulk's base strength"? If he's changed from Banner to Hulk then he's already angry. I haven't seen any instances in the past 5 years of a "calm" Hulk having less then class 100 strength. I think anything in handbooks is moot when compared to what's shown in comics.

People need to try looking at the feats instead of handbooks....

Yet is on panel showings fail. Handbooks are for people who have an opinion but can't back it with scans or issues. Batman wins.

DarkSaint85
Also, -Pr-, another forum mod:

Originally posted by -Pr-

In short, yes. We take people at their average portrayal, not some term that gets stuck on a handbook or a website.

Blue Area Vet

Oh yeah, that's REAL specific, because everyone has the same idea of "average." Going by average portrayal, Namor is a physical stronger character and I certainly hope you aren't debating that.

Estacado
When did Pr become a mod?mmm

Blue Area Vet

double post

krisblaze
I'm amazed at how some people can't even wrap their heads around simple KMC norms.

celeyhyga17
Blastaar can be beastly. He has some crazee showings.

Blue Area Vet
Blastaar can be beastly. He has some crazee showings.

I'd say some high highs and some low lows, I think Namor's portrays have been more consistently high. But it's a good match.

celeyhyga17
I'd say some high highs and some low lows, I think Namor's portrays have been more consistently high. But it's a good match.
Aye. I remember Blastaar stomping the Eternals. He did get the drop on them, but these were all the main Eternals. Ikaris, Thena, Makkari, Phastos, etc...

Blue Area Vet
Aye. I remember Blastaar stomping the Eternals. He did get the drop on them, but these were all the main Eternals. Ikaris, Thena, Makkari, Phastos, etc...

Let me guess, the Eternals forgot their psi powers, right?

celeyhyga17
Let me guess, the Eternals forgot their psi powers, right?
Lol..

There was context. It was in the Neg Zone and Blastaar proclaimed he was stronger there and he initially got the drop in them, but to take out named Eternals like that is impressive as hell. I guess he needs these showings to counter his really jobbing ones.

Comics....

embarrasment

Blue Area Vet
Lol..

There was context. It was in the Neg Zone and Blastaar proclaimed he was stronger there and he initially got the drop in them, but to take out named Eternals like that is impressive as hell. I guess he needs these showings to counter his really jobbing ones.

Comics....

embarrasment

Yup, comics.

basilisk
Lol..

Comics....

embarrasment I thought he took them by surprise, but also there was something about his energy that happened to be an exact wavelength that disrupted Eternal molecules and disintegrated them. They seemingly died, but then once they had adjusted they reformed, making themselves immune to his energy. Then Ikaris kicked his ass fairly easily - which is surprising since Blastaar did pretty well against Thor and Subby together in that issue.

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
I thought he took them by surprise, but also there was something about his energy that happened to be an exact wavelength that disrupted Eternal molecules and disintegrated them. They seemingly died, but then once they had adjusted they reformed, making themselves immune to his energy. Then Ikaris kicked his ass fairly easily - which is surprising since Blastaar did pretty well against Thor and Subby together in that issue.
Exactly.

It was dumb luck that his energy blasts just happened to be on the same wavelength or frequency as the Eternals molecules or something and that's why they were instantly vaporized when he attacked them.

They reformed later and Ikaris two pieced Blastaar.
http://s7.postimg.org/cuh207mfb/3852824_screen_shot_2014_05_28_at_7_35_05_am.jpg http://s7.postimg.org/9c523tljb/3852959_screen_shot_2014_05_26_at_7_25_46_pm.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by basilisk
I thought he took them by surprise, but also there was something about his energy that happened to be an exact wavelength that disrupted Eternal molecules and disintegrated them. They seemingly died, but then once they had adjusted they reformed, making themselves immune to his energy. Then Ikaris kicked his ass fairly easily - which is surprising since Blastaar did pretty well against Thor and Subby together in that issue.

Thanks.

Blue Area Vet
Exactly.

It was dumb luck that his energy blasts just happened to be on the same wavelength or frequency as the Eternals molecules or something and that's why they were instantly vaporized when he attacked them.

They reformed later and Ikaris two pieced Blastaar.
http://s7.postimg.org/cuh207mfb/3852824_screen_shot_2014_05_28_at_7_35_05_am.jpg http://s7.postimg.org/9c523tljb/3852959_screen_shot_2014_05_26_at_7_25_46_pm.jpg

Is that a class 50 Ikaris mauling him? laughing out loud So much for Blastaar's PISsy showing.

carver9
Is that a class 50 Ikaris mauling him? laughing out loud So much for Blastaar's PISsy showing.

Ikaris class 50? laughing out loud

Also, Blaastar went through 2 fights against 2 teams. He wasn't at 100 percent so Ikaris beating him isn't as bad as you are making it.

zopzop
Ikaris class 50? laughing out loud

Also, Blaastar went through 2 fights against 2 teams. He wasn't at 100 percent so Ikaris beating him isn't as bad as you are making it.
Like Carver said, he just went through hell fighting an Avengers lineup that included Namor, Thor, She-Hulk.

And Ikaris is nowhere near CL50. More like CL100. Just recently he was stalemating Namor/Hammond Torch (whose flames did nothing to Ikaris)/Captain America.

Blue Area Vet
Like Carver said, he just went through hell fighting an Avengers lineup that included Namor, Thor, She-Hulk.

And Ikaris is nowhere near CL50. More like CL100. Just recently he was stalemating Namor/Hammond Torch (whose flames did nothing to Ikaris)/Captain America.

Bull crap. They BOTH were class 50 at the time. Look it up.

leonidas
ikaris has NEVER been cl50 regadless of handbooks. he's matched thor in h2h, and herc. but then, my bad--thor was only a measly cl90 according to the handbooks. no expression

Insane Titan
Originally posted by leonidas
ikaris has NEVER been cl50 regadless of handbooks. he's matched thor in h2h, and herc. but then, my bad--thor was only a measly cl90 according to the handbooks. no expression yet apocalypse manhandled Ikaris fairly easy lol

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
ikaris has NEVER been cl50 regadless of handbooks. he's matched thor in h2h, and herc. but then, my bad--thor was only a measly cl90 according to the handbooks. no expression

Oh, I'm sorry, is he known for class 100 strength feats? Who the hell cares if he's gotten some punches on Thor, that's your measure of individual strength?? Luke Cage once had success against Wonderman, yet Luke said he was weaker than him during the fight. Combat is not an accurate measure of individual strength. He was listed as class 50 to distinguish him from the strongest characters.

Blue Area Vet
yet apocalypse manhandled Ikaris fairly easy lol

Bolt had success as Well. Not many fight depictions accurately reflect strength level.

carver9
Yet Namor couldn't even scratch him, and he had help. smile

krisblaze
yet apocalypse manhandled Ikaris fairly easy lol

It was a pretty good fight imo.

Apoc had a lead tho, but against ever-regenerating eternals it's a bit difficult to use bodily harm to measure advantages stick out tongue

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
It was a pretty good fight imo.

Apoc had a lead tho, but against ever-regenerating eternals it's a bit difficult to use bodily harm to measure advantages stick out tongue I was talking about how he handled Ikaris stick out tongue

carver9
Oh, I'm sorry, is he known for class 100 strength feats? Who the hell cares if he's gotten some punches on Thor, that's your measure of individual strength?? Luke Cage once had success against Wonderman, yet Luke said he was weaker than him during the fight. Combat is not an accurate measure of individual strength. He was listed as class 50 to distinguish him from the strongest characters.

http://www.marvelnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/etrnlsv2007_int2.jpg

riv6672
BeV is right in that combat feats and individual strength dont always correlate.
Good thing this is combat, not a lifting contest. stick out tongue

Blue Area Vet
http://www.marvelnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/etrnlsv2007_int2.jpg

That expression clearly says class 50.

riv6672
Clear as mud.

carver9
Sigh...

Ikaris lifts up an arena.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsForgottenOne01287.jpg.html
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsForgottenOne02.jpg

Sin I AM
Non fight namor already beat blastaar.

Genii96
Namor already blasted through blastaar and an entir group of xmen/avengers.

Genii96

when did he say that?,and if by fighting black panther you mean a country vs country affair,while shruggimg off his attempted kill attacks,and shrugging off a sonic scream,then yea. Hulk shook the planet?, are you referrimg to when he knocked those guys into the core of the said planet?

carver9
Originally posted by Genii96
when did he say that?,and if by fighting black panther you mean a country vs country affair,while shruggimg off his attempted kill attacks,and shrugging off a sonic scream,then yea. Hulk shook the planet?, are you referrimg to when he knocked those guys into the core of the said planet?

When he was asked to fight the Hulk.

No on all of your other answers. On every last one of them.

Genii96
When he was asked to fight the Hulk.

No on all of your other answers. On every last one of them. um;when he was asked to fight the hulk isnt really a straight forward answer,y dont u tell me when exactly these things you said occured?

StiltmanFTW
Never been impressed by Blastaar.

I know he's supposed to be powerful, but Annihilus seems to be getting all the attention instead of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.