Star Wars Crime Investigation/Law Enforcement novels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So I know that Star Wars is about the Republic fighting the Empire, Jedi vs Sith, so on and all that.

But are there any novels that delve into the Law Enforcement/Crime Investigation of Star Wars?

Everything I seem to search, it's either just mentions or a short bit on an agency appearing, nothing like...extensive.

It's just...you have CorSec propped up as literally having the best law enforcement agents in the galaxy with only the best of their officers getting to the position of Senate Guardsmen which protect the Chancellor.

Yet...there's no stories or anything in depth story wise.

Unless I'm missing some novels, I just feel there's extremely wasted potential here with Crime and Law Enforcement related stories in the SWU.

ILS
I honestly doubt people would buy them, bro.

Fated Xtasy
Well, I believe that's partly due to the fact that the Jedi are such a prominent law or peace force in the galaxy that most of the time agencies like CorSec or SIS are completely overlooked. Not to mention that the focus of Star Wars is typically on the Stars of the universe hafl of the time in order to appease fans.

But that said, I feel like the entire Jedi Quest series is a big investigation drama.They're searching for this person, a non force sensitive son of Xanatos who actually knows that Sidious is Palpatine and had very useful intel, but obviously the republic and jedi never find out. There's even this cool little tid bit that I don't really want to ruin just because it's a "oh shit" moment. But yeah the Jedi Quest novels pretty much fall under this category. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
I honestly doubt people would buy them, bro.

People will buy anything if the story is good enough.

But anyway Fated yeah that's not it, but thanks.

Eh...oh well I guess.

ILS
That's unfortunately not true, man. I'm being genuine when I say you are probably in the 1% of SW fans who want to spend money on a book about Coruscant's police force.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
That's unfortunately not true, man. I'm being genuine when I say you are probably in the 1% of SW fans who want to spend money on a book about Coruscant's police force.

Now that's an exaggeration, come on. 1%?...

I don't see why so, a good book is a good book. Otherwise, no one would bother buying any other SW book, unless it had the main characters from the movies involved, yet there are those that don't and yet are still good reads.

Trocity
I just feel like most people who enjoy those books will just buy crime investigation novels. Star wars authors probably wouldn't do the best job of writing novels that are so geared towards that sort of thing, anyway.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity
I just feel like most people who enjoy those books will just buy crime investigation novels. Star wars authors probably wouldn't do the best job of writing novels that are so geared towards that sort of thing, anyway.

Couldn't you say the same for the novels that focus on Trooper squads or ship combat? :P

Although there is that point yes, but no author is perfect.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Now that's an exaggeration, come on. 1%?...

I don't see why so, a good book is a good book. Otherwise, no one would bother buying any other SW book, unless it had the main characters from the movies involved, yet there are those that don't and yet are still good reads. one of the corruscant night novels is a murder mystery. I think it is the third one but I can't say for certain without the books on me atm

WildBantha88
Originally posted by WildBantha88
one of the corruscant night novels is a murder mystery. I think it is the third one but I can't say for certain without the books on me atm it was just a sub plot nvm

Tzeentch
I, Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.