Finicky cats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
My 4 cats (2 of which are kittens) are so damn picky about cat food. It seems that no matter what brand of food I buy for them they don't like it. They sometimes eat one or two bites of the food I put out for them then walk away to leave it to dry up and turn hard so I have to later clean out their dishes. Many times they won't eat any at all but instead just turn their noses up to it and give me dirty looks. Like it's my fault for not being able to read their minds and magically know what they like. LOL.

I've wasted hundreds of dollars over the past 3 or 4 years trying to please my adult cats by searching for the right food and toys that they like. Sometimes, I wonder if I should've gotten a damn dog instead. They're certainly a lot easier to please since they eat pretty much anything. LOL.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality healthy canned cat food based on experience with your cats or cats of people you know? I've tried 9 Lives, Friskies , Tiki Cat, Science Diet, Fancy Feast, Purina, and several others I can't remember off the top of my head. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Genesis-Soldier
honestly this is where tough love comes into it.

leave them dry food and see if they dont like it, if they dont then leave it for them because they will either go hunt some birds or eat the food, do this first and if they eat it try changing the food a week later. you need to be loving but stern

Star428
I always leave them several different varieties of dry food out but they rarely even touch it except for the adult female cat who will occasionally eat a little. The Mama cat is already in heat again so letting her go out to "catch birds" is a very bad idea at the moment. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Ms Chelle
There are some good tips here. Check it out.

http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/how-to-get-your-finicky-cat-to-eat/

Good luck.

Star428
Originally posted by Ms Chelle
There are some good tips here. Check it out.

http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/how-to-get-your-finicky-cat-to-eat/

Good luck.

Will try those suggestions. Thank you, Ms. Chelle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.