Cleveland Police Officer Acquitted of Manslaughter in 2012 Deaths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/24/us/michael-brelo-cleveland-police-officer-acquitted-of-manslaughter-in-2012-deaths.html?referrer=

Mindset
Lmao, I don't even know how to respond to this.

jinXed by JaNx
if someone is breaking into your house. r u going to call your drug dealer or the police?

Mindset
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
if someone is breaking into your house. r u going to call your drug dealer or the police? I'd probably call the morgue for a pickup.

Surtur
The sad thing is I've heard of cases where people broke into someones house and were killed by the occupant and yet the occupant got sued by the persons family or something and actually lost. So even your right to defend yourself isn't always protected.

Mindset
I'd just bury them in my backyard then. thumb up

Surtur
Probably the best route. In a suburb near me a thief broke into the garage of a couple and ended up trapped in there because he got locked in somehow. There were two problems: one was that the large overhead door was broken and hadn't been fixed so he had no way to get out through either door. The second problem was the people who lived at the house were gone on vacation.

He is trapped in there for 5 days. He sues them afterwards for emotional trauma because he had to do things like eat dog food that was in the garage to survive. Also sued them because their garage door wasn't up to standards or something. Yeah..the thief won :/.

I guess if a person gets away with doing that then it shouldn't surprise me that this cop was acquitted.

AsbestosFlaygon
Laws have loopholes.

I think it's time for a total revision of the constitution.

Surtur
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Laws have loopholes.

I think it's time for a total revision of the constitution.

Yep and that right there says it all, I don't think laws should have loopholes. I mean how many times in history has a murderer gone free due to some technicality? Like oh the cop didn't read him his rights so it means he doesn't have to pay for the crime he committed. That honestly makes it sound like a 12 yr. old is the one who created some of them.

Omega Vision
This case is just insane.

NemeBro
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
if someone is breaking into your house. r u going to call your drug dealer or the police? Is there a point to this question?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by NemeBro
Is there a point to this question? yes...,

At the end of the day, police are still protecting you.

Surtur
Is there a point to this question?

I think the point was..would you feel safer calling your drug dealer for help or a cop. I guess because some people think all drug dealers are hardcore criminals with guns and stuff. Which really isn't the case at all.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Surtur
I think the point was..would you feel safer calling your drug dealer for help or a cop. I guess because some people think all drug dealers are hardcore criminals with guns and stuff. Which really isn't the case at all. I was mostly wondering why he was assuming whoever he was talking to had a drug dealer. Given the context, one assumes he was talking to black people. So he thinks all black people have drug dealers?

Tzeentch
Is he wrong?

Branlor Swift
I was mostly wondering why he was assuming whoever he was talking to had a drug dealer. Given the context, one assumes he was talking to black people. So he thinks all black people have drug dealers? Oh, that makes more sense then. I thought he was just talking about a "dangerous friend" and using drug dealer as a blanket term.

But once you tie ebony people in with drugs it makes perfect sense. Great example tbh. thumb up

Robtard

Branlor Swift

Robtard
Google tells me both suffered from a terminal case of blackness. Which likely lead to a terminal case of bullets.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Robtard
Google tells me both suffered from a terminal case of blackness. Which likely lead to a terminal case of bullets. Seems to go hand and hand.

It's just genetics at this point. Guy probably had a longstanding history of blackness and bullets in his family tree.

The officer was probably just trying to stop the gun from going off, but the bullets were too deeply entrenched in his bloodline for it to be stopped.

If anything the officer is a hero putting his life on the line to try and stop a fatal case of hereditary bullets.

Robtard
I suspect that is exactly what the defense put forth.

Omega Vision
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiNxqnGJqBM

Go to 1:05 and that's basically how I envision the defense.

jaden101
https://youtu.be/01ZwvYqMRhQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.