Yoda and the B-Team vs. Sidious and Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
Who wins this?

Loser gets 1 Kenobi.

Hero of Python
Jedi Team wins, Sith with Kenobi win.

carthage
If Dooku can stomp Kolar with the force he can hold off and beat Fisto and Tiin solidly.

Sidious will have his hands full with Yoda, but the Sith have a fair shot

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
If Dooku can stomp Kolar with the force he can hold off and beat Fisto and Tiin solidly.

Sidious will have his hands full with Yoda, but the Sith have a fair shot Agreed. I'm giving the Jedi a 6-7/10 shot of winning, though.

Trocity
Sidious blitzes Kolar and Tiin as he passes them on his way to engage Yoda, and Dooku beats Kit then helps him.

EmperorSidious2
This is ROTS Sidious and dooku vs ROTS yoda windu kolar tinn and fisto correct?

Well Sidious kills kolar tinn and fisto in the first 10 seconds while dooku has been pushed agaisn't a wall trying to handle the combined might of windu and yoda. Before the final bow was struck Sidious threw out a powerful force push knocking them over. Dooku then quickly gets to his masters side leaving it a Sidious vs Yoda and Windu vs Dooku. With this the battles would be very close. If this is on even playing field I don't find it hard to believe palaptine could either beat yoda or stall him. With that dooku would have a hard time taking out windu, the same going for windu. Essentially Sidious would resort to his force powers and take windu out of the competiom and dooku would then help Sidious with his own power in the force or saber skills to eventually take yoda out.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
This is ROTS Sidious and dooku vs ROTS yoda windu kolar tinn and fisto correct?

Well Sidious kills kolar tinn and fisto in the first 10 seconds while dooku has been pushed agaisn't a wall trying to handle the combined might of windu and yoda. Before the final bow was struck Sidious threw out a powerful force push knocking them over. Dooku then quickly gets to his masters side leaving it a Sidious vs Yoda and Windu vs Dooku. With this the battles would be very close. If this is on even playing field I don't find it hard to believe palaptine could either beat yoda or stall him. With that dooku would have a hard time taking out windu, the same going for windu. Essentially Sidious would resort to his force powers and take windu out of the competiom and dooku would then help Sidious with his own power in the force or saber skills to eventually take yoda out.

Okay

A. There's absolutely no way Sidious and Dooku can take Yoda, Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Tiin. That's a rofl stomp because Yoda won't just sit by and let Sidious cut down Tiin, Kolar, and Fisto.

B. This thread is Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin no Windu as that'd be a stomp in favor of the Jedi.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Okay

A. There's absolutely no way Sidious and Dooku can take Yoda, Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Tiin. That's a rofl stomp because Yoda won't just sit by and let Sidious cut down Tiin, Kolar, and Fisto.

B. This thread is Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin no Windu as that'd be a stomp in favor of the Jedi.

Well Sidious can definitely can take out kolar tinn and fisto quickly leaving the last four and team vs team battle.

Ok my bad,. With that the SITH team win relatively easily. As Sidious can destroy kolar and tinn as seen in the movie and dooku can take out the last one but has to worry about yoda but then throws him towards yoda and he and Sidious both attack yoda. How would it be a stomp. Sidious could speed blitz everyone except yoda no Sidious quickly and then Sidious can handle yoda and dooku can handle windu. So either way the SITH win.

Angelalex242
Without Mace?

Sith win, through mismatching. Dooku engages Yoda...as we see in Attack of the Clones, Yoda won't stomp him...but Sidious WILL Stomp the B team with style. After that, Yoda holds little hope of standing.

In the next round, same mismatch, only now it's Kenobi and the B Team. Kenobi can do nothing for his allies, and Soresu only prolongs the inevitable so long.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Without Mace?

Sith win, through mismatching. Dooku engages Yoda...as we see in Attack of the Clones, Yoda won't stomp him...but Sidious WILL Stomp the B team with style. After that, Yoda holds little hope of standing.

In the next round, same mismatch, only now it's Kenobi and the B Team. Kenobi can do nothing for his allies, and Soresu only prolongs the inevitable so long.

Why the hell would Yoda let the Sith pick the opponents? He has full knowledge of both Sidious and Dooku's ability. He's not Windu, he's fast enough to intercept Sidious.
http://byt.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/giphy-12.gif

or just intercepts Sidious like this.

http://media.giphy.com/media/M6i12SBUEv09a/giphy.gif

Hero of Python
Dooku's not going to take the B team by himself. I feel like Mace put that team together expecting to face a power no greater than Dooku (why would he expect any different -- he has no point of reference really). Those 3 might suffer losses but they'd win eventually.

Yoda alone is enough to beat RotS Sids on neutral ground. Which is why Jedi win.

Sith team wins with Kenobi though. That's almost overkill.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Hero of Python
Dooku's not going to take the B team by himself. I feel like Mace put that team together expecting to face a power no greater than Dooku (why would he expect any different -- he has no point of reference really). Those 3 might suffer losses but they'd win eventually.

Yoda alone is enough to beat RotS Sids on neutral ground. Which is why Jedi win.

Sith team wins with Kenobi though. That's almost overkill.

Well he definitely can take on two of them and win. Also Sidious can just speed blitz the three with dooku killing fisto with little difficulty and with that Sidious would already be engaging yoda. I'm not sure how they would fair on equal ground as the battle ground was against Sidious. In the force yoda can't handle Sidious and dooku .

Kenobi I don't see making a big difference. He just gets ragdolled.

SunRazer
The Sith do have a chance. Dooku can hold off Yoda briefly while Sidious blitzes the Jedi and comes back for Yoda's head.

Otherwise, they'd lose. Dooku can't take on all three at once, and won't have a chance to use his Force powers. The Jedi kill him and help Yoda slay Sidious.

Whoever gets Obi-Wan definitely wins.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by SunRazer
The Sith do have a chance. Dooku can hold off Yoda briefly while Sidious blitzes the Jedi and comes back for Yoda's head.

Otherwise, they'd lose. Dooku can't take on all three at once, and won't have a chance to use his Force powers. The Jedi kill him and help Yoda slay Sidious.

Whoever gets Obi-Wan definitely wins.

Dooku can fight yoda for as long as he did in the AOTC possibly a minute more which is plenty of time for Sidious to blitz the other three. He can take on any of the two by himself. While Sidious kills takes out the other in 1 second and dooku can take those two out while yoda and sidious were fighting.

Whoever gets obi wan? Tinn and kolar still get blitzed leaving fisto and obi wan vs Sidious while dooku is fighting yoda. Dooku can hold off yoda long enough for Sidious to kill obi and fisto so with that the SITH win.

Angelalex242
So then. Because the Jedi favor 'normal match' and the Sith favor 'mismatch'...

Who controls the match? Can Dooku serve as a wall for Sidious, or can Yoda get around him and try to save the B Team from getting speed blitzed. (Theoretically, Yoda could blitz the B Team as easily, so there's that...)

Lord Stark
So then. Because the Jedi favor 'normal match' and the Sith favor 'mismatch'...

Who controls the match? Can Dooku serve as a wall for Sidious, or can Yoda get around him and try to save the B Team from getting speed blitzed. (Theoretically, Yoda could blitz the B Team as easily, so there's that...)

Hmm that's a good question. Here's how I view it:

Reasons the Jedi control the match:
They outnumber their opponents two to one.
Yoda is likely the fastest on the field.
The Trio can defeat Dooku.

Reasons the Sith control the match:
The Sith have better offensive force powers
Sidious can score a kill early on which would prove to be disastrous to the Jedi defeating Dooku
Dooku can hold off Yoda

Interesting arguments so far. Everyone is in character though, so assuming Sidious charges at the B-Team, unlike Windu I think Yoda is fast enough to intercept Sidious before he can rofl stom the team.

Hero of Python

Sidious can score a kill early on which would prove to be disastrous to the Jedi defeating Dooku
Dooku can hold off Yoda

Interesting arguments so far. Everyone is in character though, so assuming Sidious charges at the B-Team, unlike Windu I think Yoda is fast enough to intercept Sidious before he can rofl stom the team.

Agree with the last part. Windu had to warm up, so to speak, just to keep up with Sids. Doubt Sids gets his blitz on with Yoda around to check him.

NewGuy01
Sidious?

In a fight.

EmperorSidious2

Dooku can hold off Yoda

Based on this and everyone knowing there skill level and what we seen isn't Sidious the faster one. I'm probably wrong but here's how I see it. Numbers doesn't mean anything. Let us re watch Sidious vs four highly celebrated Jedi and took out three in a matter of seconds or how dooku can take on many night brothers easily, and defeat anakin and obi wan many times, and taking on sora bulq and Tholme and winning, savage oppress and vs tress vs dooku. So you see numbers won't mean anything to the SITH. As for him blitzing them he could also use his force lighting if he has to while dooku can hold off yoda. With yoda distracted Sidious can easily dispatch the other three with either the force or his saber skills.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sidious?

1. Yoda pretty easily intercepts him when he tries to escape on Coruscant.
2. Yoda seemed to be dominating their duel in the Senate.
3. Yoda dodged several of those Senate pods being tossed at him at once, where as Sidious struggled to dodge one (albeit that pod was moving slightly faster than the others).
4. Yoda being able to dodge 3 celebrated swordsmen including Legends!Depa without so much as moving a meter, whilst unarmed is more impressive to me than simply killing an inferior team.

ares834
Sith win rather easily.

The B-team members are completely outclassed here. They will provide almost no support for Yoda against Sidious and they can't take Dooku.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
Sith win rather easily.

The B-team members are completely outclassed here. They will provide almost no support for Yoda against Sidious and they can't take Dooku.

You think Dooku can defeat 3 esteemed swordsmen at once? I dunno that's a tall order. Agen and Kit alone could give him a good fight imo.

ares834
I have no doubt he could do so. We've already seen him take out Kenobi while simultaneously dueling Anakin. And Kenobi is well above anyone on the B-team.

Heck, just look at their duel on Oba Diah. Kenobi is totally outclassed and is honestly more of a liability than an asset.

Lord Stark
I have no doubt he could do so. We've already seen him take out Kenobi while simultaneously dueling Anakin. And Kenobi is well above anyone on the B-team.

Heck, just look at their duel on Oba Diah. Kenobi is totally outclassed and is honestly more of a liability than an asset.

I mean handicapped Dooku didn't fare that well against two nightsisters and 1 saber Ventress. Agen, Kit, and Tiin are far, far above that team, and I doubt they'd get lol stomped by lightning like the team was.

ares834
It was a huge handicap and they caught Dooku off guard. Yet he still managed to rather easily defeat them when he quit messing around.

Lord Stark
It was a huge handicap and they caught Dooku off guard. Yet he still managed to rather easily defeat them when he quit messing around.

Don't forget the nightsisters were at a handicap too with lightsabers not being their weapons of choice and with Ventress not in her preferred form or with even one of her preferred weapons. + Dooku hardly did it easily, he was disarmed and on the floor.

Not saying Dooku's handicap wasn't much greater, but Fisto, Agen, and Tiin will be far more of a challenge in pure sabers and the force.

EmperorSidious2
1. Yoda pretty easily intercepts him when he tries to escape on Coruscant.
2. Yoda seemed to be dominating their duel in the Senate.
3. Yoda dodged several of those Senate pods being tossed at him at once, where as Sidious struggled to dodge one (albeit that pod was moving slightly faster than the others).
4. Yoda being able to dodge 3 celebrated swordsmen including Legends!Depa without so much as moving a meter, whilst unarmed is more impressive to me than simply killing an inferior team.

1. Wasn't yoda already close to the door and palaptine had to leap from all the way over across the room?
2. I do t think so no one could gain the advantage until palaptine started throwing senate pods. Also this duel doesn't prove who the greater duelist is as the battle didn't have a real winner and palaptine was at a disadvantage because of the location.
3. He didn't struggle he was being to arrogant. He had time but he was laughing.
4. All of that matters not when he couldn't defeat palaptine when it came down to it and he had the advantage.

EmperorSidious2
You think Dooku can defeat 3 esteemed swordsmen at once? I dunno that's a tall order. Agen and Kit alone could give him a good fight imo.

Fisto was defeated by ventress someone we know dooku can easily dispatch. So agen and fisto being to much is so untrue. He actually might be able to take on all three at once and when while Sidious fights yoda.

EmperorSidious2
Don't forget the nightsisters were at a handicap too with lightsabers not being their weapons of choice and with Ventress not in her preferred form or with even one of her preferred weapons. + Dooku hardly did it easily, he was disarmed and on the floor.

Not saying Dooku's handicap wasn't much greater, but Fisto, Agen, and Tiin will be far more of a challenge in pure sabers and the force.

That didn't seem a handicap when they were fighting. Ventress can fight with one blade of she has to as seen by that duel. Didn't you notice that was actually his plan to get pushed back. When he did that he made himself look weak and then threw them out smiling. Then the night sister said he is stronger than I imagined.

Dooku can take out each one easily by themselves. Add them together he will have to amp up his power but he could still defeat them.

Angelalex242
The real problem with Yoda trying to intercept Sidious is...Yoda is still small. And while judge him by his size you should not, it does make it harder for him to save the B Team, who are all taller then he is and present a much bigger target.

This is particularly the case if Sidious has 2 sabers, which he well might. Yoda can save himself, but even he can't be in two places at once.

Lord Stark
The real problem with Yoda trying to intercept Sidious is...Yoda is still small. And while judge him by his size you should not, it does make it harder for him to save the B Team, who are all taller then he is and present a much bigger target.

This is particularly the case if Sidious has 2 sabers, which he well might. Yoda can save himself, but even he can't be in two places at once.

Sidious seems to prefer single bladed combat. He had 2 sabers but elected to use one in the Senate office. A lot to respond to, I'll probably do that after GoTs tonight.

EmperorSidious2
Sidious seems to prefer single bladed combat. He had 2 sabers but elected to use one in the Senate office. A lot to respond to, I'll probably do that after GoTs tonight.

He uses amount of sabers depending on his situation and opponents. For instance he knew about Darth maul and how powerful he was and possibly knew he had some type of assistance so he brought a second saber just in case. He only fought yoda so he only used one saber. He fought four Jedi yes. He most likely knew he would be greater than all of them and be able to match windu so he only needed one saber.

This is just my speculation and theory however.

Stigma
Team Sith.

Sidious stomps the B-team in 15 seconds, the amount of time Dooku can hold off Yoda.

Lord Stark
That didn't seem a handicap when they were fighting. Ventress can fight with one blade of she has to as seen by that duel. Didn't you notice that was actually his plan to get pushed back. When he did that he made himself look weak and then threw them out smiling. Then the night sister said he is stronger than I imagined.

Dooku can take out each one easily by themselves. Add them together he will have to amp up his power but he could still defeat them.

Of course Ventress can fight with one blade, just as the nightsisters can fight with lightsabers that doesn't mean that's a peak performance. And as you could see with her fight with Savage having one saber is a disadvantage to her. And lol no they legitimately disarmed Dooku. Sure he pulled a Sidious at the end pretending to be weak, but that doesn't change the fact that he was reduced to using those methods.

Fisto was defeated by ventress someone we know dooku can easily dispatch. So agen and fisto being to much is so untrue. He actually might be able to take on all three at once and when while Sidious fights yoda.

And yet Dooku was hard pressed to defeat her when you threw Savage into the mix. I doubt he'll be able to easily dismiss one of the Masters on neutral ground, especially when you consider that they all likely know how to deflect Sith lightning.

EmperorSidious2
Of course Ventress can fight with one blade, just as the nightsisters can fight with lightsabers that doesn't mean that's a peak performance. And as you could see with her fight with Savage having one saber is a disadvantage to her. And lol no they legitimately disarmed Dooku. Sure he pulled a Sidious at the end pretending to be weak, but that doesn't change the fact that he was reduced to using those methods.

And yet Dooku was hard pressed to defeat her when you threw Savage into the mix. I doubt he'll be able to easily dismiss one of the Masters on neutral ground, especially when you consider that they all likely know how to deflect Sith lightning.

She still isn't incapable of fighting one handed and in thief duel she seemed to be fairing well without a second blade however I see what your saying. Matter of opinion because he charged at ventress knowing that he was at a disadvantage and she disarmed him due to her force abilities, if I remember corectly, and also he knew he was at a disadvantage that why I believe he let them force push, because after that when pushed he put his head down and shocked them he started smiling, that's why I believe he faked weakness. However it's speculation. You make it sound like he doesn't use his force abilities as last resorts for anything or just to use them. He defeated ventress with his force powers yet he was clearly her superior when she had tow blades.

When the two fought each other with savage in or out of the picture she was clearly knocked around by dooku. I don't know what your trying to prove in this paragraph. He clearly outclassed her and he can definitely handle at least two by himself while Sidiosu kills the last and fights with yoda.

DARTH POWER
Sith win rather easily.

^ This

Sidious seems to prefer single bladed combat.

Nah, According to the Official site he's primarily a dual wielder:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/the-lawless-trivia-gallery

Slide 3 of 10:

"That Darth Sidious fights with two lightsabers is evident in Episode III -- he has two lightsabers in Revenge of the Sith, though he never has an opportunity to wield them simultaneously since he loses one in his fight with Mace Windu before dueling Yoda."

Lord Stark
She still isn't incapable of fighting one handed and in thief duel she seemed to be fairing well without a second blade however I see what your saying. Matter of opinion because he charged at ventress knowing that he was at a disadvantage and she disarmed him due to her force abilities, if I remember corectly, and also he knew he was at a disadvantage that why I believe he let them force push, because after that when pushed he put his head down and shocked them he started smiling, that's why I believe he faked weakness. However it's speculation. You make it sound like he doesn't use his force abilities as last resorts for anything or just to use them. He defeated ventress with his force powers yet he was clearly her superior when she had tow blades.

I agree that Dooku is far far far superior to Ventress. I just don't know if he could take on 3 of her.

Even with Savage in and out of the picture Dooku was having a bit of a hard time fighting the two of them. If Savage was able to deflect lightning, Dooku'd be in trouble. But Yoda alone knows he can hold off, or even defeat Sidious on neutral ground. He doesn't need backup.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ This

Nah, According to the Official site he's primarily a dual wielder:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/the-lawless-trivia-gallery

Slide 3 of 10:

"That Darth Sidious fights with two lightsabers is evident in Episode III -- he has two lightsabers in Revenge of the Sith, though he never has an opportunity to wield them simultaneously since he loses one in his fight with Mace Windu before dueling Yoda."

Which still makes no sense, especially considering in Legends he's always seen with one even after ROTS and he had time to construct new ones. Why would he not use both sabers against 4 combatants? Although that does spark the question if Jar'Kai Sidious would not have been disarmed against Windu and Yoda.

EmperorSidious2
I agree that Dooku is far far far superior to Ventress. I just don't know if he could take on 3 of her.

Even with Savage in and out of the picture Dooku was having a bit of a hard time fighting the two of them. If Savage was able to deflect lightning, Dooku'd be in trouble. But Yoda alone knows he can hold off, or even defeat Sidious on neutral ground. He doesn't need backup.

Which still makes no sense, especially considering in Legends he's always seen with one even after ROTS and he had time to construct new ones. Why would he not use both sabers against 4 combatants? Although that does spark the question if Jar'Kai Sidious would not have been disarmed against Windu and Yoda.

Ok now I understand what you saying. You believe that vs trees is equal to the other three. I know she is grey are than fisto in terms of lightsaber combat but I'm not sure about Tinn and kolar.

He was evading savage and wrecking ventress. As seen how he casually kicked her aside and replied her with ease and then shocked him with lighting and even when he didn't have a lightsber she still couldn't defeat him not even close. On neutral ground it's hard to tell because the senate room was against Sidious for the lightsaber duel as his movement were hampered so with that it will be difficult and I'm not opposed to anyone saying Sidious is a better duelist as they are so close and the circumstances of that battle influenced it.

Probably because he knew he could take on the other three but need to leave windu alive for his plan to convert anakin. This is sorta where your view of did he let windu win come into play. Because against savage and maul he used two vs two opponents, the. When maul pulled out a second blade he used to was well. When he fought yoda both times it wa sone saber vs one saber. So I'm not sure just my theory.

DARTH POWER

Which still makes no sense, especially considering in Legends he's always seen with one even after ROTS and he had time to construct new ones.

Well it's the official site, so it will be referring to canon only, not Legends.

Also not sure how much he bothered with Lightsaber training after ROTS.

Why would he not use both sabers against 4 combatants?

No idea. But the official site seems to make out he would have used both against Yoda if he could have.

Although that does spark the question if Jar'Kai Sidious would not have been disarmed against Windu and Yoda.

Yes it does. Because if that's his main form then he would have been as disadvantaged against those 2 as say Ventress was against Opress.

EmperorSidious2

Kit would be easily demolished here. I hate to use ABC logic but I think it works here.

Dooku>Ventress>Fisto. So fisto couldn't do anything. Add the other two in the mix I have no problem believing that dooku could take them out as feat wise he definitely has the advantage kolar is hardly featured and tinn is shown as more of a pilot in the animated series, and in the movies he is struck down in seconds, so not a good record.

Lord Stark
Well it's the official site, so it will be referring to canon only, not Legends.

Also not sure how much he bothered with Lightsaber training after ROTS.

Eh, still though. The one time in canon he had the option between Jar'Kai and Single Bladed when facing 4 opponents he opted for the single bladed. The one time he used 2 blades he was messing around.

The question though is if that'd make Sidious more potent.

I wouldn't push it. Sidious is a master of all the forms, I doubt dueling with one saber would be a disadvantage to him when facing a singular opponent. And if it is, I doubt it'd be as significant as Ventress' was.

DARTH POWER
Eh, still though. The one time in canon he had the option between Jar'Kai and Single Bladed when facing 4 opponents he opted for the single bladed. The one time he used 2 blades he was messing around.

I get what you're saying, but it's just speculation. That why did he, and why didn't he.

What The Official site states however is fact. Which is that his preference would have been to battle Yoda with his preferred style - Jar Kai.

The question though is if that'd make Sidious more potent.

I wouldn't push it. Sidious is a master of all the forms, I doubt dueling with one saber would be a disadvantage to him when facing a singular opponent. And if it is, I doubt it'd be as significant as Ventress' was.

I'm not claiming it would make a world of difference, but surely anyone will perform best with their preferred style.

Mace is also a Master of several forms, but still he'll perform best using Vapaad.

Ventress is also fully capable with a single saber, given she utilized Makashi and has many a time fought off 2 opponents with 1 arm each. But still the presumption is she will fight at her best with her preferred style.

Arhael
Sith team solidly. If Jedi get Kenobi, it will be harder but still Sith solidly.
Either Sith can quickly take out B-team in seconds and then help take out Yoda.

Angelalex242
It doesn't make a world of difference...but it doesn't need to. The point of the second saber on Sidious is letting him fight Yoda and gank a B-Teamer at the same time, since they're practically helpless against Sidious. Yoda's inability to be in two places at once dooms the B Team.

Lord Stark
I get what you're saying, but it's just speculation. That why did he, and why didn't he.

What The Official site states however is fact. Which is that his preference would have been to battle Yoda with his preferred style - Jar Kai.

A fair point, but whether he would do better is also speculation. Darth Maul thought he'd do better against Kenobi with a double bladed saber, but was wrong and the single saber was actually superior for dealing with him.

Comparing Ventress to Sidious is like comparing a 13 year old black belt to an MFA champion. Ventress is good with one form, she isn't used to fighting any other way. A better comparison is comparing Maul to Sidious. And as we saw the loss of one half of his weapon improved his performance, rather than hurt it. Jar'Kai was also Maul's 'preferred style'.

DARTH POWER
^ You mean Kenobi vs Maul in TPM?

I wouldn't really go by that fight. Rested and Rage enhanced Obi-Wan got a clean shot on Maul's Saber staff (after Maul had been fighting a pretty long while already).

Still an advantage of Jar Kai is you can easily switch to a single saber if dual sabers isn't doing the job.

Not comparing Ventress to Sidious, just using the principle of one's preferred method of fighting. I also brought up Mace Windu who has also mastered most forms, but will clearly fight better using Vapaad.

Lord Stark
^ You mean Kenobi vs Maul in TPM?

I wouldn't really go by that fight. Rested and Rage enhanced Obi-Wan got a clean shot on Maul's Saber staff (after Maul had been fighting a pretty long while already).

They both had plenty of time to rest due to the force field actually. There's no evidence Maul was tired, especially considering he was feeding off Kenobi's rage.

Just as Maul could have switched to a single blade as he did against Qui-Gon in round 1. But he didn't. His preference is still obviously Jar'Kai and it ended with him on his ass even against a vastly inferior foe.

And I'd argue that's a borderline red herring considering Mace and Ventress are speciality fighters honed in a single form, whereas Sidious is not. Mace for example utilizes Vaapad to utilize his inner darkness. Ventress just isn't experienced in anything except Jar'Kai Makashi. Jar'Kai doesn't have some inherent advantage to Sidious when facing a single opponent.

DARTH POWER
They both had plenty of time to rest due to the force field actually. There's no evidence Maul was tired, especially considering he was feeding off Kenobi's rage.

Just as Maul could have switched to a single blade as he did against Qui-Gon in round 1. But he didn't. His preference is still obviously Jar'Kai and it ended with him on his ass even against a vastly inferior foe.

Come on dude. Stop with this Kenobi put Maul on his ass for a second must mean Maul isn't as good with his preferred weapon.

After all he did take on both Jedi and then defeat the superior one via a double blade (his weapon of choice).

(And btw I never said Maul was tired, I said he'd already been fighting a long while. Surely you must see there's a difference between going 10 rounds and going 5 rounds. Tired or not, the guy going 10 rounds is less likely to be as energetic in the final round, and more likely to crop up at some point.)

And I'd argue that's a borderline red herring considering Mace and Ventress are speciality fighters honed in a single form, whereas Sidious is not. Mace for example utilizes Vaapad to utilize his inner darkness. Ventress just isn't experienced in anything except Jar'Kai Makashi. Jar'Kai doesn't have some inherent advantage to Sidious when facing a single opponent.

Mace mastered most forms to create Vapaad. But I'll concede that's more about forms, and less about the weapon used.

As for Ventress though- Makashi is by it's nature a fencing form and any Jedi/Dark Jedi worth their salt must be competent at using a single blade. More so with one trained in Makashi by Count Dooku himself.

Jeez I'm not talking about some huge difference here. I'm just saying the Official Site confirms Dual Blades are Sidious's chosen weapons, and not single bladed combat like you initially presumed in this thread. And in fact those are the weapons he would have chosen to use against Yoda had he had the choice. That's the official site saying that, not me.

Any effect that would have on his combat prowess however would likely be minimal, but the assumption would be if those are his chosen weapons (and how he trained Darth Maul to fight), then those would be the weapons he performs best with.

If nothing else, he could drop his weapon (like he did with both fights in ROTS) but still have another on him. Not unlike Maul getting his weapon chopped by Kenobi, but still having half of it left to carry on fighting.

AncientPower
Yoda is not an idiot, just as he stated to Kenobi anyone short of himself or Windu can't fight Sidious. That being the case he would be forced to engage Sidious single-handedly and divide the fight.

He would simply have to trust in the abilities of his fellow Jedi High Councillors to deal with Dooku, which I absolutely believe they can do. They were brought together to defeat Sith Lords of Dooku's ability and are themselves incredible swordmasters, as Shaak Ti says not even Anakin would really be much difference compared to them.

Let's not forget that AOTC Kenobi was admittedly inferior to AOTC Fisto, they both would have gotten better over time, though I don't doubt Kenobi closed the gap. It is made specifically clear that these three were equals to each other and I don't see Dooku pulling out Sidious tier speed at any point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.