If UFO's are real, does the government have the right to hide it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Simple question. This isn't about whether or not you believe in UFO's, but rather if you feel the government has the right to cover these things up if they do indeed exist. Do they have the right to cover it up under the guise of "security" or is this a story so big no government has the right to hide it?

-Pr-
Do they have the right? No, not imo.

Should they keep it to themselves anyway? Yes, unless aliens are knocking on our door, so to speak.

Like the man says:

Surtur
I get that some people are panicky, but then I'd ask how long they hide it if aliens are never knocking on our door? Forever? For decades?

Time Immemorial
Aliens been coming here for more then 70 years, even Mayans recorded them. The government isn't fooling anyone.

Omega Vision
I've never bought conspiracy theories about aliens and governments working together to dupe the masses. Any aliens advanced enough to reach Earth wouldn't need our governments' cooperation for their activities anymore than a researcher would need the cooperation of an ant queen to study an ant hill.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Aliens been coming here for more then 70 years, even Mayans recorded them. The government isn't fooling anyone.
Just curious, but what did the Mayans say and why is it that "aliens" is the most likely explanation?

Time Immemorial
I never really wanted to call Aliens, "Aliens"

I think they are demons

One_Angry_Scot
I never really wanted to call Aliens, "Aliens"

I think they are demons

Why what makes you think they are demons?

Surtur
Yet there are a lot of sightings involving UFO's near government institutions. Fort Hood in Texas has had a lot.

If you remember something from the 1950's called the Lubbock lights...people thought they were UFO's. Government came and said oh no..it was birds! See spotlights into the city shining up at night and reflecting off the bottom of the birds is what was the cause of what people saw. Of course plenty of credible people came out to say this was flat out impossible. Wild life experts sighted that the birds can't fly anywhere near the speed that the objects were moving at. They even took pictures of the birds in flight and compared them to pictures taken of the Lubbock lights and they really were not similar at all.

Then decades later it is revealed the government put out two reports. One report used the bird explanation. The other more top secret report included the findings of the wild life expert, etc. and concluded it couldn't of been birds.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Why what makes you think they are demons?

Aleister Crowley the king of all the occult stuff admitted as much.

If you ever read the Book of Law. Its pretty eye opening.

"Today they call them angels and demons, tomorrow they will call them something else.... "

Aleister Crowley

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Surtur
Yet there are a lot of sightings involving UFO's near government institutions. Fort Hood in Texas has had a lot.

If you remember something from the 1950's called the Lubbock lights...people thought they were UFO's. Government came and said oh no..it was birds! See spotlights into the city shining up at night and reflecting off the bottom of the birds is what was the cause of what people saw. Of course plenty of credible people came out to say this was flat out impossible. Wild life experts sighted that the birds can't fly anywhere near the speed that the objects were moving at. They even took pictures of the birds in flight and compared them to pictures taken of the Lubbock lights and they really were not similar at all.

Then decades later it is revealed the government put out two reports. One report used the bird explanation. The other more top secret report included the findings of the wild life expert, etc. and concluded it couldn't of been birds. It was peregrine falcons

Time Immemorial
PwHI7wNXzWw

Here is one creepy being.

Branlor Swift
Are people pretending that's real?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Are people pretending that's real?

Here is a longer version with the thin walking around. Looks pretty real to me.

Jk7z8zs4dG4

If you don't think thats real, here is one of them being cut up and opened up in a autopsy.

vQ0E8-f6rBU

Branlor Swift
CGI and prosthetics.

Also the transcript of the first video makes them seem scared. Yet... laughing.
Plus the aliens are different too which possible if real it doesn't exactly back each other up.

Time Immemorial
CGI and prosthetics.

Plus the aliens are different too which possible if real it doesn't exactly back each other up.

Ok what about this one?

Min 34:00.

The thing starts looking like its dying and a bunch of doctors and nurses run in to see whats going on..

9Z2327rb7w4

Time Immemorial
CGI and prosthetics.

The aliens are not the same from both those videos.

Branlor Swift
Ok what about this one?

Min 34:00.

The thing starts looking like its dying and a bunch of doctors and nurses run in to see whats going on..

9Z2327rb7w4 I fast forwarded it and turned it off as soon as I saw the greenman suit.

The aliens are not the same from both those videos.
What I'm saying is if we're going to start believing youtube videos, it'd be nice if we had some uniformity before different aliens are introduced.

It loses merit when none of them can perfectly match another different "case"

Time Immemorial
Whats the greeman suit?

One_Angry_Scot
This is the only video I know of that shows legit proof of Aliens.

5c44lB1nYjI

Stringer
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
This is the only video I know of that shows legit proof of Aliens.

5c44lB1nYjI

And people wonder why this forum is trolled by little green men

riv6672
Do they have the right? Yes.

Should they keep it to themselves anyway? Yes, until there's no choice or reason to keep it quiet.

Like Agent K said:

Jmanghan
Battle of Los Angeles, 1940's, look it up.

riv6672
What, the zoot suit riots?
Dont think those kids were aliens...stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Battle of Los Angeles, 1940's, look it up.
A bunch of poorly trained, jumpy civil defense people and national guard soldiers shooting at a bombardment balloon?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A bunch of poorly trained, jumpy civil defense people and national guard soldiers shooting at a bombardment balloon? Thought it was a weather balloon?

In any case, believe in balloons for they are among us.

Omega Vision
I agree, we should go to war with the balloons and kill their queen.

Branlor Swift
The Germans have known about balloons for decades. The democratic American Government chooses to hide this from you. The truth is out there. Believe

9CnDvtwYn6I

Jmanghan
You do realize that the original broadcast had nothing to do with balloons...

They talked about and unidentified flying object that was shot at by a TANK with absolutely no damage done to it :/

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Do they have the right? Yes.

Should they keep it to themselves anyway? Yes, until there's no choice or reason to keep it quiet.

Like Agent K said:

Why do they have the right to keep something so huge from us?

Someone also said we should not be told unless the aliens are knocking on our door, but they kind of have. During vietnam there were multiple times were soldiers would report "enemy helicopter" sightings. These were not helicopters, the people they were fighting didn't even have helicopters at the time as I recall. It was a code word for UFO's.

Apparently at the very least a few ships at sea were destroyed by..something. One ship was destroyed and only around 2 people survived. They reported that prior to the destruction of the ship the UFO had been following them for around an hour.

Obviously the question is..can we believe these people? I know a lot of crazies have made up stories over the years, but these were numerous reports from soldiers. It's also not like they all went and sold their story to tabloids. These reports were uncovered decades after the fact. Some of them waited until they retired to speak about it because in the military or even in the realm of being a cop or an airplane pilot, etc. talking about UFO's can be bad for your career.

If we assume for one moment these things are true, it means these things have attacked us on more then one occasion and even killed American soldiers. If this all turned out to be true would you still think they have a right to keep it from us? For me I would say if there is even a chance these things are true we need to know.

Omega Vision

They talked about and unidentified flying object that was shot at by a TANK with absolutely no damage done to it :/
Reason #1 why I don't believe any of this post: you don't use tanks as anti-aircraft weapons.

Reflassshh
It could have been a flying tank. thumb up

Branlor Swift
Reason #1 why I don't believe any of this post: you don't use tanks as anti-aircraft weapons. In his defense they panicked over a balloon.

All logic goes out the window at that point.

They talked about and unidentified flying object that was shot at by a TANK with absolutely no damage done to it :/ Because they couldn't even see it.

riv6672
Why do they have the right to keep something so huge from us? same reason parents keep things from their kids until they feel the kids are ready.
Maybe a kid can handle "Your mom died of cancer. Cancer is a horrible sickness for which there is no cure that eats you from the inside. Now your mom is in a box in a hole in the ground where she's going to shrivel up like that grape you found behind the cabinet in the kitchen.", maybe he cant.
Its not up to the kid though, to make the call.

I do NOT expect you to agree with my analogy. Or my reasoning.

-Pr-
Why do they have the right to keep something so huge from us?

Someone also said we should not be told unless the aliens are knocking on our door, but they kind of have. During vietnam there were multiple times were soldiers would report "enemy helicopter" sightings. These were not helicopters, the people they were fighting didn't even have helicopters at the time as I recall. It was a code word for UFO's.

Apparently at the very least a few ships at sea were destroyed by..something. One ship was destroyed and only around 2 people survived. They reported that prior to the destruction of the ship the UFO had been following them for around an hour.

Obviously the question is..can we believe these people? I know a lot of crazies have made up stories over the years, but these were numerous reports from soldiers. It's also not like they all went and sold their story to tabloids. These reports were uncovered decades after the fact. Some of them waited until they retired to speak about it because in the military or even in the realm of being a cop or an airplane pilot, etc. talking about UFO's can be bad for your career.

If we assume for one moment these things are true, it means these things have attacked us on more then one occasion and even killed American soldiers. If this all turned out to be true would you still think they have a right to keep it from us? For me I would say if there is even a chance these things are true we need to know.

I'd ask you, then: Why SHOULD we be told?

Also, that isn't really proof that they're here, you know.

Omega Vision

Because they couldn't even see it.
It's like he doesn't even consider the possibility of it being a misidentified human-made object.

Besides, no one seriously thought it was a UFO at the time, they believed they were Japanese aircraft.

By the way, welcome to the General Discussion forum. Hope you stick around, Bran.

Branlor Swift
It's like he doesn't even consider the possibility of it being a misidentified human-made object.

Besides, no one seriously thought it was a UFO at the time, they believed they were Japanese aircraft.

By the way, welcome to the General Discussion forum. Hope you stick around, Bran. "Hey let's shoot at this weather balloon... the shells we just fired look like Japanese bombers! Everyone blast away for an hour!"

What a panicked event. It's even more like a parody once the "It had to be a UFO" people come out. laughing out loud

This place is full of giggles. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
same reason parents keep things from their kids until they feel the kids are ready.
Maybe a kid can handle "Your mom died of cancer. Cancer is a horrible sickness for which there is no cure that eats you from the inside. Now your mom is in a box in a hole in the ground where she's going to shrivel up like that grape you found behind the cabinet in the kitchen.", maybe he cant.
Its not up to the kid though, to make the call.

I do NOT expect you to agree with my analogy. Or my reasoning.

Yeah but that is the thing..you are talking about kids there. I would say yeah an adult has the right to decide things for a child. I do not agree that adults have the right to decide what other adults can or can't know.

Or to look at your analogy, it would mean the government thinks of even adults as "children" which is insulting. Don't get me wrong some adults can be childish but..well, to use your examples of kids..you remember when you were in school..you ever have one or two kids in your class who kept acting up to the point where the teacher punished the entire class for it? This would be similar, we are being punished just because some people are childish and couldn't handle the truth.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd ask you, then: Why SHOULD we be told?

Also, that isn't really proof that they're here, you know.

I think we deserve to know about our place in the universe. Some people have the very stupid idea humans are the center of the universe.

I know that isn't truly proof, but I'm saying *if* those stories are true and aliens have straight up attacked and killed people..I think we deserve to know that. If they can take out military ships and such with such ease then they could easily take out civilians.

riv6672
I said i didnt expect you to agree with me.

Jmanghan
Reason #1 why I don't believe any of this post: you don't use tanks as anti-aircraft weapons.

watch?v=5m7736RMBEg

riv6672
Video wont play, but, this says it ALL.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/rambo-iii-1988-movie-review-tank-vs-helicopter-ending.jpg

Omega Vision
watch?v=5m7736RMBEg Yup, a blimp.

Jmanghan
And the people decided to randomly shoot at this innocent blimp because... they thought a singular japanese aircraft had invaded U.S. airspace.

Seems legit.

Omega Vision
And the people decided to randomly shoot at this innocent blimp because... they thought a singular japanese aircraft had invaded U.S. airspace.

Seems legit.
Untrained volunteers + war hysteria =/= rational thinking.

Every other explanation than "alien spacecraft" is more legit. If the craft had been tracked by radar as moving at over 1000 mph at a time when the fastest planes couldn't brake 500, then maybe I'd start to speculate on more outlandish explanations, but as it is, the radio broadcast described a blimp or balloon.

Wonder Man
I think there is lots of information that shouldn't be released to the general public.

riv6672
^^^Simply put, yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.