Hank Pym vs. Cyclops with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Both powerless. Hth.

riv6672
Pretty even fight.
Cyclops has some good MA showings. He's not a top tier fighter IMO, but he's good, obviously having trained and worked out since he was "Slim".

Hank Pym Has the benefit of Captain America training in combat and improving the fighting skills of his fellow Avengers.
Hank, Janet, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Falcon, She-Hulk, Rick Jones, all have benefited from Cap's training.
Add that as Giant Man, Yellowkacket and AntMan, he has a more physical power set than ranged fighter Cyke, and, like i said, pretty even.
I give Hank 6/10.

riv6672
Out of curiosity i Googled Hank+martial arts.
Found out that...

Cap may have very well copyrighted a fighting style
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u2GvrvOo-Us/UdIWfxv1JqI/AAAAAAAAAiI/7QN5GSYsAcY/s320/Fighting.JPG

Hank was on the HS wrestling team
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11352/1090852-1_11_2010_2_39_01_pm.jpg

Henry_Pym
Scott is way outside Pym's league. Pym has no particularly good MA feats, while Scott holds a few.

StiltmanFTW
He's wrestling Shenron in that scan! laughing out loud

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Scott is way outside Pym's league. Pym has no particularly good MA feats, while Scott holds a few.

But he has more melee combat feats, Riv makes a good point. Against guys outside of his class, even. Like helping temporarily restrain the Hulk, going toe to toe with amped Absorbing Man or owning Atlas.

Henry_Pym
Giant Pym has a HF and far higher durability, base Pym is probably below base Stark physically.

StiltmanFTW
HF? Increased durability? Wut?

Aren't Pym Particles supposed to alter size only?

Henry_Pym
Hank heals faster when larger, and he also gets denser as he grows up. It's the reason he used to be in pain after growing. It's also why Giant man is drawn heavily muscled but not Dr. Pym.

riv6672
...base Pym is probably below base Stark physically.
Doubtful.
Pym is an active fighter, despite his power sets. Far different than fighting in armor.
Pym gives and takes direct hits.

StiltmanFTW
Hank heals faster when larger, and he also gets denser as he grows up. It's the reason he used to be in pain after growing. It's also why Giant man is drawn heavily muscled but not Dr. Pym.

Good to know. Any scans?

-Pr-
Cyclops wins...

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by riv6672
Doubtful.
Pym is an active fighter, despite his power sets. Far different than fighting in armor.
Pym gives and takes direct hits. Stark trains with Cap a lot, Pym since leaving the Avengers never really trains. Honestly can't think of the last time I saw him training. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good to know. Any scans? i'm mobile based but the HF was mentioned in Fear itself after losing to Greithoth, and his increased durability is pretty much always shown when larger, he is capable of tanking hits from bricks he has no other reason to be able to survive. I should also point out his suit(s) are more akin to chain mail than plate armor, they are made to be cut proof but don't stop impact.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops wins...
Ha, thought my page was loading slow.
Kept waiting for scans or a link or something to show up. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.