South China Sea Dispute

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
What are your opinions of the disputes going on over there?

Was reading this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/11630185/US-China-war-inevitable-unless-Washington-drops-demands-over-South-China-Sea.html

Star428
Think that China is out of line since there are several other countries in that area that have claims to it. China is bullying them because they know those smaller countries don't have the power to stop them.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'm Fil-Am, so I'mma side with my home country in this dispute, especially the Spratly Islands.

China has no right whatsoever to claim those territories.
Unfortunately, I don't see US interfering. US doesn't want to dirty its hands on affairs they have no interest on.

Omega Vision
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=573365

Omega Vision
I think if China has a claim to the South China Sea, by the same logic they use, Portugal and Spain should between them control the entire Atlantic and most of the Pacific.

Surtur
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'm Fil-Am, so I'mma side with my home country in this dispute, especially the Spratly Islands.

China has no right whatsoever to claim those territories.
Unfortunately, I don't see US interfering. US doesn't want to dirty its hands on affairs they have no interest on.

We only dirty our hands for sweet sweet oil.

Star428
Originally posted by Surtur
We only dirty our hands for sweet sweet oil.

In that case, we're going to be getting our hands very "dirty" then:

http://www.coi.gov.cn/scs/introduction/ziyuan.htm

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Omega Vision
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=573365 dammit

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think if China has a claim to the South China Sea, by the same logic they use, Portugal and Spain should between them control the entire Atlantic and most of the Pacific.

There's only one way to solve this.

Privateers.

AncientPower
Now both Vietnam and the Philippines will have viable coast guard capability due to pacts with Japan. China is doing a superb job of uniting Asia against itself.

jaden101
Originally posted by Star428
Think that China is out of line since there are several other countries in that area that have claims to it. China is bullying them because they know those smaller countries don't have the power to stop them.

Sounds familiar.

Branlor Swift
I read this title way too fast and somehow added the word "ancient" in there. Then I started thinking of an ancient sea city and a Kraken. I thought "neat".

That's all I have to add besides Star describing America.

Omega Vision
Even together and with Japanese support, Vietnam and the Philippines don't represent a serious deterrent against Chinese military aggression. China will only back off if all of the ASEAN nations (especially Indonesia) and India stand up for the rights of smaller nations.

AncientPower
Considering the hand-holding between Japan and India and the fact China won't cease to claim parts of Indian territory then again China might do ASEAN's job for them. However I wouldn't underestimate Manila's ability to build up should it pull it's pants up, they will be an economic super power, they will definitely be able to support a military build up of the AFP.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AncientPower
However I wouldn't underestimate Manila's ability to build up should it pull it's pants up, they will be an economic super power, they will definitely be able to support a military build up of the AFP.
In 20, 30 years...maybe. Right now they don't even have a real air force. But in 20-30 years China will also be much more powerful than it is now, so...

AsbestosFlaygon
Considering the hand-holding between Japan and India and the fact China won't cease to claim parts of Indian territory then again China might do ASEAN's job for them. However I wouldn't underestimate Manila's ability to build up should it pull it's pants up, they will be an economic super power, they will definitely be able to support a military build up of the AFP.
We don't have the military might to hold a candle against the Chinese in an all-out war.

The only way this can turn around is if we get full support from Japan and India (and hopefully the US), but I doubt it.

Star428
We don't have the military might to hold a candle against the Chinese in an all-out war.

LMAO. Now I 've heard it all. You should do some research before u say something so silly like that. The United States is the only true Superpower in the entire world if we use the true definition of what a "superpower" is and it's military is more powerful than China's and Russia's combined. "Can't hold a candle" ,my ass. If anything, it's actually the other way around. Only thing that would stop the U.S. from kicking China's ass all over the place is the fact that they have plenty of nukes and the fact that we owe them so much money.

AncientPower
We were talking about the Philippines not the United States, Star.

Time Immemorial

The only way this can turn around is if we get full support from Japan and India (and hopefully the US), but I doubt it.

China would never go to war wit the US.

First because of: MAD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

And second: They would not only lose there biggest importer of goods, and after they are destroyed, our debt is wiped clean.

Star428
We were talking about the Philippines not the United States, Star.

Oh. My apologies then to both of you. I thought he was an American so when he said "we" I assumed he was talking about the US. I didn't actually take time to read the rest of his post since I was too busy laughing cause I thought he was talking about the U.S. ... Wish I could edit it but too late.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Star428
LMAO. Now I 've heard it all. You should do some research before u say something so silly like that. The United States is the only true Superpower in the entire world if we use the true definition of what a "superpower" is and it's military is more powerful than China's and Russia's combined. "Can't hold a candle" ,my ass. If anything, it's actually the other way around. Only thing that would stop the U.S. from kicking China's ass all over the place is the fact that they have plenty of nukes and the fact that we owe them so much money.
no expression
I was talkin' about the Philippines.

EDIT:
I see AncientPower cleared that up.

You got one thing right that I'm American.

AncientPower
So China released a military review that basically says there is no South China Sea dispute and according to reports Vietnam got very close to sending out whatever that thing is they call a navy.

In other news not only has China controlled the Spratley islands but is constructing large military installations and airfields in their reclamation of the territories.

The United States has stated they will heavily increase their presence there.

Japan meanwhile is getting major calls in the JSDF to deploy supporting forces in the region due to how badly effected trade is because of this amd of course they now have the legal capacity to do so under the revisements Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has brought about very recently.

Looks like the world is about to get it's most dangerous melting pot yet.

Star428
@asbestos: Like I said already, I apologize. It was my stupid mistake. Please just disregard that post you quoted of mine. Don't want another thread to start going off-topic. Again, I'm sorry.

AncientPower
China has placed massive artillery pieces on one of the spratley islands, confirming beliefs that China lied about civilian use and is turning this place into it's own version of Cuba.

United States, European Union, and Japan have a sharply criticized these rrclamations.

Japan is increasing it's defense pacts with the Philippines and will launch air patrols over the area, United States is going to.increase it's activities doing the same.

Manila confirms that it is going through a strong build-up of it's military 'to protect what is our's'.

Source: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/05/29/410596015/eu-japan-express-concern-over-chinas-moves-in-south-china-sea

|King Joker|
This doesn't seem to be going well.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by |King Joker|
This doesn't seem to be going well.

no it doesn't

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/30/politics/singapore-south-china-sea-ash-carter/index.html

AncientPower
The East and South China Seas are moving inexorably towards armed conflict at this rate. Japan is already fortifying the Ryukyu island chain. The only way this ends is when China realises it's navy is vastly inferior to those of Japan and more so the U.S.

Time Immemorial
We really need another world war, to many mouth breathers.

AncientPower
The next world war will only end with self-extinction.

Time Immemorial
The next world war will only end with self-extinction.

Problem solved.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.