Character + weapon = cosmic threat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
I was thinking about the Keeper, who is Silver Surfer with the Quantum Bands who was transformed (in time) into something much more than the sum of his parts and was able to defeat Galactus. The power increase from adding the Quantum Bands was expodential. Another example of this was the High Evolutionary gaining the power and knowledge from Galactus ship. He grew in size, claimed a herald and flew off into space, the implication being that he had become a Galactus level character. (Of course they never explained how he returned to normal power levels, but that's beside the point.)

So, I got to thinking what character weapon combinations would result in an individual who is not just powerful, but a cosmic great? I would open this to characters and weapons of all comic universes. I'll start off with a couple:

Tutinex w/ yellow ring-

His power is that he can instill fear in others and pulled off the incredible feat of installing fear in Thor during battle, something that just does not happen. Physically he's already in the elite tier.

Sentry w/ mind gem-

My theory is that he could stabilize his fractured psyche, full understand his power and because a universal force for good....or bad. He aready managed to make the world forget about him!

Who else ya got? Remember to say why or else it's not worth it.

Silent Master
Squirrel Girl + any weapon, The reason should be rather obvious.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Silent Master
Squirrel Girl + any weapon, The reason should be rather obvious.

lol, but seriously, how about Squirrel Girl with Hex powers?

Khazra Reborn
Reed Richards with the Worlogog.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Reed Richards with the Worlogog.

Why?

Khazra Reborn
I've always felt that Reed Richards with a complete map of space time would be quite interesting.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I've always felt that Reed Richards with a complete map of space time would be quite interesting.

Me too, but in general, what do you think he would do with it? Prior to your post, I was thinking about Reed with the Captain Universe power.

deathslash
Luke Cage with the Iron Fist

abhilegend
Batman with his leg.

Reflassshh
Batman with Hulk's pants.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Why do you cry so much?

Speak to the topic and get a new avatar. Walking Dead sucks ass.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Speak to the topic and get a new avatar. Walking Dead sucks ass.

I made that avatar and sig for him.

How dare you mad

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I made that avatar and sig for him.

How dare you mad

Sorry, thanks for guiding our youth. wink

One_Angry_Scot
Sorry, thanks for guiding our youth. wink

I'm younger than him.

I was born in 1998.

Blue Area Vet
I'm younger than him.

I was born in 1998.

So which character and weapon do you chose?

One_Angry_Scot
So which character and weapon do you chose?

I liked your idea of Sentry and the Mind Gem. I don't know if it would actually fix his psyche but it would be quite cool.

Blue Area Vet
I liked your idea of Sentry and the Mind Gem. I don't know if it would actually fix his psyche but it would be quite cool.

I don't see why he couldn't use it to gain a greater understanding and absolve himself of mental issues and mental blocks.

One_Angry_Scot
I don't see why he couldn't use it to gain a greater understanding and absolve himself of mental issues and mental blocks.

Because the Void doesn't disappear as soon as he has the Mind Gem. He'll have even better Mind related powers but it's not going to fix his psyche. That requires something the Mind Gem can't offer.

Decimus
Dr. Doom + No Armor = Haxx (NH)

Blue Area Vet
Because the Void doesn't disappear as soon as he has the Mind Gem. He'll have even better Mind related powers but it's not going to fix his psyche. That requires something the Mind Gem can't offer.

The way I see it, Sentry had defeated the Void persona until Osborne gave him the serum, so with the mind gem, he should be able to take the next step. Remember Strange and Frost tried to help him mentally. But I agree it's not a guarantee and I also didn't say the Void would disappear just because he has it. I think he could help himself in that regard. Also, he could probably get better insight on his powers.

Badabing
Everybody stay on topic. I don't mind a few nonsense posts, but it's excessive now. Next time I won't be just deleting spam posts.

celeyhyga17
I was thinking about the Keeper, who is Silver Surfer with the Quantum Bands who was transformed (in time) into something much more than the sum of his parts and was able to defeat Galactus. The power increase from adding the Quantum Bands was expodential. Another example of this was the High Evolutionary gaining the power and knowledge from Galactus ship. He grew in size, claimed a herald and flew off into space, the implication being that he had become a Galactus level character. (Of course they never explained how he returned to normal power levels, but that's beside the point.)

So, I got to thinking what character weapon combinations would result in an individual who is not just powerful, but a cosmic great? I would open this to characters and weapons of all comic universes. I'll start off with a couple:

Tutinex w/ yellow ring-

His power is that he can instill fear in others and pulled off the incredible feat of installing fear in Thor during battle, something that just does not happen. Physically he's already in the elite tier.

Sentry w/ mind gem-

My theory is that he could stabilize his fractured psyche, full understand his power and because a universal force for good....or bad. He aready managed to make the world forget about him!

Who else ya got? Remember to say why or else it's not worth it.
Thor w/2 Mjolnirs. Kill skyfathers and shiet.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor w/2 Mjolnirs. Kill skyfathers and shiet.

Damn, you are right! Good call, Cel.

SevenShackles
World Breaker Hulk + Red Lantern Butcher Entity

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by SevenShackles
World Breaker Hulk + Red Lantern Butcher Entity

Yeah, that's almost too much. Plus it's really two characters.

SevenShackles
Yeah, that's almost too much. Plus it's really two characters.

oh I've seen parallax and Ion powers traded around for 'what if' fights like the power cosmic so I just sort of forgot entities could count as a characters on their own and not a 'weapon' like the rings. my bad. still a scary thought

Blue Area Vet
Another perfect example was Ultron with the Phalanx Covenant.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by SevenShackles
oh I've seen parallax and Ion powers traded around for 'what if' fights like the power cosmic so I just sort of forgot entities could count as a characters on their own and not a 'weapon' like the rings. my bad. still a scary thought

Hell, World War Hulk with a Red Ring period would be close.

Blue Area Vet
How about Flash with the Power Cosmic in the D.C. Universe? Should put him over the top.

zom1967
Speak to the topic and get a new avatar. Walking Dead sucks ass. You dripping spittle mongoloid loser.How dare you bust on the greatest show of all time.I hope Rick puts his .357 magnum colt python in your rectum,to relieve your constipation.You jackass inbread simpelton!

Reflassshh
Gotta love this guy, seriously.

relentless1
Batman + Fear Ring

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by relentless1
Batman + Fear Ring

I serious doubt he'd be a cosmic threat.

riv6672
Annihilus with a Cosmic Cube. Hive mind+cosmic powered expansion=conquered Negative Zone and intrusion into our reality.

golem370
I thought Loki/w Gem of Cyttorak would be epic

Apocalypse/w Power Gem

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by golem370
I thought Loki/w Gem of Cyttorak would be epic

Apocalypse/w Power Gem

Two great ones.

The Nuul
Q, The Doctor with Reality Gem?

Amazo with IG?

The Nuul
Maestro with IG?

relentless1
Batman + Yellow ring + kick....

Sin I AM
Wolverines skeleton enchanted by Odin...epicness too much to contain

LordofBrooklyn
Absorbing Man + Mind Gem= Intellect has always been the only thing holding him back.

Amazo + Worlogog= This should've been handled better.

TAO W/Yellow Power Ring- All knowledge is open to TAO the ring would magnify his ability to manipulate people through fear.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Absorbing Man + Mind Gem= Intellect has always been the only thing holding him back.

Amazo + Worlogog= This should've been handled better.

TAO W/Yellow Power Ring- All knowledge is open to TAO the ring would magnify his ability to manipulate people through fear.

Damn good call on AM.

riv6672
Yeah, it was a great call when it happened in the Earth X mini.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wolverines skeleton enchanted by Odin...epicness too much to contain

That's thinking outside the box, and completely awesome.

Blue Area Vet
Nate Grey with the Reality Gem.

Blue Area Vet
Superman with the Starbrand would be unreal.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672

Noone seems to like earth x. I honestly loved it.

Clark with no morals
Multiple man with the pc
Doomsday with nabus helmet
Darwin with cytorraks gem
Hulk with Sebastian Shaws powerset
Cap with the power of greyskull

zopzop
Superman with the Starbrand would be unreal.
Why? He's already a high herald, the Starbrand would do nothing for him.

As to the topic, Reed + Reality Gem = God.

Juggernaut + Wings of Needless Sorrow = Truly Unstoppable Force

Reflassshh
Kevin Bacon's Shaw + Wally West mastery over the speedforce.

Constantine + Speedforce.

Blue Area Vet

Clark with no morals
Multiple man with the pc

Cosmic multiple man rules.

Surtur
I'm going to trump all you guys:

DC"s Karate Kid with the power gem. Or DC's Karate Kid with the power cosmic. Boom, he will be creating planets via space karate and karate chopping suns in half by the end of the day.

Stoic
Sun dipped Superman with the Starbrand.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Sun dipped Superman with the Starbrand. would the sun dip be necessary?

Surtur
Matter Eater Lad with the power gem.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Why? He's already a high herald, the Starbrand would do nothing for him.

As to the topic, Reed + Reality Gem = God.

Juggernaut + Wings of Needless Sorrow = Truly Unstoppable Force

The Starbrand protects the universe dude. A novice Starbrand wielder was taking on multiple heralds, so don't tell me the power wouldn't upgrade Superman significantly.

zopzop
The Starbrand protects the universe dude.
Not the Ellis/Hickman Failbrand, which is the current one (it's entire previous history up to New Universal has been retconned). It's been stated on panel multiple times that it's nothing more than a 'planetary' defense system.

Those heralds were holding back and he did NO lasting damage to them. WWIII Black Adam has taken on a far more impressive team than Starbrand ever has. There are other high heralds that have taken on multiple herald level beings and looked good.

Blue Area Vet

Not the Ellis/Hickman Failbrand, which is the current one (it's entire previous history up to New Universal has been retconned). It's been stated on panel multiple times that it's nothing more than a 'planetary' defense system.

Those heralds were holding back and he did NO lasting damage to them. WWIII Black Adam has taken on a far more impressive team than Starbrand ever has. There are other high heralds that have taken on multiple herald level beings and looked good.

Holding back or not he was tanking their blows. You bringing up an amped Black Adam is utterly laughable. Kevin was someone who had just gained the power by accident, nothing like BA. Superman would be a pure monster with the power.

Surtur
Holding back or not he was tanking their blows. You bringing up an amped Black Adam is utterly laughable. Kevin was someone who had just gained the power by accident, nothing like BA. Superman would be a pure monster with the power.

I'm not arguing with your overall point about Superman, but you know that if a character is holding back..well yeah, he tanked their blows. The problem is we have no way of knowing how strong those blows are if we know they were holding back.

I did not read the comic, so I don't know if they even actually come out and say they were holding back, but if they do..well hard to judge how much power they were using. Unless there was damage to the surroundings as well, that would give an idea.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672

Clark with no morals
Multiple man with the pc

EARTH X is an incredible story but the breadth of it hasn't really been explored. It was a trilogy by Ross and when you take the entire tale into account it's tremendous!

There are many great highlights that fit fans specualtions over several decades.

zom1967
How about Galactus and the power gem to keep him almost fully fed at least?and the ultimate nullifier!

Stoic
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm not arguing with your overall point about Superman, but you know that if a character is holding back..well yeah, he tanked their blows. The problem is we have no way of knowing how strong those blows are if we know they were holding back.

I did not read the comic, so I don't know if they even actually come out and say they were holding back, but if they do..well hard to judge how much power they were using. Unless there was damage to the surroundings as well, that would give an idea.

The first 30 seconds that Kevin even had the brand, he shot the Hulk into space like a rag doll. The Brand works like a Lantern's ring except not by will and imagination alone, it also makes the Brand user virtually immortal. Superman would become monstrous with that weapon.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
The first 30 seconds that Kevin even had the brand, he shot the Hulk into space like a rag doll. The Brand works like a Lantern's ring except not by will and imagination alone, it also makes the Brand user virtually immortal. Superman would become monstrous with that weapon.

Thank you. He'd beat Superman Prime.

golem370
Multiple Man/w Speed Force

Silver Surfer/w Power Gem

Wolverine/w Colossus' Skin

Ant Man/w Cyttorak Gem

Cannonball/w Cyttorak Gem

Blue Area Vet
Black Bolt with the power gem would be unthinkable.

byrdgang21
Dr. Doom with the Iron Fist

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by byrdgang21

Cosmic level capable of beating Galactus?

krisblaze
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Mind Gem doesn't make you smart.

Surtur
Originally posted by byrdgang21

What does the Iron Fist do that Doom can't do himself?

Blue Area Vet
What does the Iron Fist do that Doom can't do himself?

Now Flash with the Iron First would be interesting!

krisblaze
Now Flash with the Iron First would be interesting!
Yeah! He could heal and punch hard!!

Just like he's already doing!

Horus1
Jamie Braddock with Ka Stones.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Horus1

Ooo....

Magnon
Brood Queen + Speedforce

Blue Area Vet
Adam Warlock's spirit animating the Destroyer Armor.

Surtur

I thought he was already a reality warper.

Horus1
I thought he was already a reality warper.

Yeah, but it's only in his immediate area. I heard about how he altered Psylocke, so I'm not sure how/why she was able to keep the changes he made to her. But the Ka stones would probably make him "The" reality warper in Marvel. Definitly above MJJ.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, but it's only in his immediate area. I heard about how he altered Psylocke, so I'm not sure how/why she was able to keep the changes he made to her. But the Ka stones would probably make him "The" reality warper in Marvel. Definitly above MJJ.

How about Brian Braddock with the Ka stones?

Blue Area Vet
Crystal with the Old Power!

Sin I AM
Adam Warlock's spirit animating the Destroyer Armor.

Warlock is a punk , get someone like castle

Surtur
Living Tribunal with a spork.

But wiki says he eventually moved beyond being limited to the immediate area. Wiki is always correct. The only thing even more correcter is if Marvel says it. Or a Marvel databook. Or strangely enough, J.K. Rowling. I know, I don't get it either.

Mr Master

Not the Ellis/Hickman Failbrand, which is the current one
(it's entire previous history up to New Universal has been retconned).
It's been stated on panel multiple times that it's nothing more than a 'planetary' defense system.
thumb up ... but meh, it was always a global power anyway. (even in the New Universe)

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up ... but meh, it was always a global power anyway. (even in the New Universe) If it means anything, it was said that the planet gets the white event when it ascends to universal relevance under Hickman.

Which gives it a little more importance than simple "Planetary"

Mr Master
^^ Interesting B. That does raise questions I'll admit.

Yeah, but it's only in his immediate area.
Jamie has controlled entire universes from outside said universes.

Jamie has performed several universal feats. He even pulled the strings of the WHR. (multiversal nexus)

Jamie's future-self (which is 616 Jamie in the future) was an omniversal power.

But the Ka stones would probably make him "The" reality warper in Marvel. Definitly above MJJ.
Nah. MJJ was God within his warp. (susceptible only to a personal plot device)

Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/th_Avengers%20v5%20007-014.jpg

Mr Master
^^ Interesting. Although, at best we can surmise it's possibly universal from his description.
Imo, until we see how far this "alteration" (for heralds) goes, there's no way to be certain what he means.

It may be akin to the Quantum Bands, the weapon for would be "universal protectors."
While the Q Bands themselves are far from universal range influence. (as in universal control)
But, Quasar was able to jump across a universe or multiverse in an instant.

Blue Area Vet
This one is a gimme, Doom + Orange Lantern.

Branlor Swift
^^ Interesting. Although, at best we can surmise it's possibly universal from his description.
Imo, until we see how far this "alteration" (for heralds) goes, there's no way to be certain what he means.

It may be akin to the Quantum Bands, the weapon for would be "universal protectors."
While the Q Bands themselves are far from universal range influence. (as in universal control)
But, Quasar was able to jump across a universe or multiverse in an instant. Oh I'm not saying it's more.

I'm just saying it's more important than mere "planetary" would imply. Plus it has to defend a planet important on the universal scale as well.

It's schematics, but it's something.

Plus it outright killed a Beyonder with raw power when it finally ascended/unleashed all its power in a suicide blast, so that's more impressive anyway. Even if it was just a Cube Being level Beyonder.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

I'm just saying it's more important than mere "planetary" would imply.
Plus it has to defend a planet important on the universal scale as well.

It's schematics, but it's something.
I can agree with this.
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Plus it outright killed a Beyonder with raw power when it finally ascended/unleashed all its power in a suicide blast,
so that's more impressive anyway.

Even if it was just a Cube Being level Beyonder.
I haven't gotten around to that read yet good friend.

I've heard snippets here and there, but, I wasn't aware it killed a "Cube Being level" entity.

Just curious, how do we know that Beyonder was that powerful?
Or is it the human "kryptonite" plot coming into play here? (I'm out the loop fill me in)

Branlor Swift
I can agree with this.

I haven't gotten around to that read yet good friend.

I've heard snippets here and there, but, I wasn't aware it killed a "Cube Being level" entity.

Just curious, how do we know that Beyonder was that powerful?
Or is it the human "kryptonite" plot coming into play here? (I'm out the loop fill me in) That kryptonite thing is just zopzop. It's never said in the comic, and it's a twisting of Brevoort's words, which should carry no weight anyway. Hickman never said anything along those lines.

All that's said is that they were physical iirc at the time. Which made them more vulnerable, or malleable.

But the Cube Being is just me going with "at least". By all implications, it was the abstract killing being as the ones that fought LT. I'm just going with the assumption that we'll get more information in the future and that those Beyonders will be Child Units. If not... then, it's higher.

Which, no matter if it was an incredibly high feat (it was), or an incredibly low feat (it was), it happened. And it's a better feat than Gruenwald ever wrote with his butchering of the Starbrand.

If we go by the assumption that some sort of enlightened form operates at this level, or if it's all its energy released, then it's decidedly above "planetary" labels either way.

srug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.