Most useless holocrons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
You're a powerful Jedi/Sith who is re-establishing a Jedi or Sith order according to your own vision. You've recovered an artifact that details and lists all of the known holocron/ all of the known Jedi/Sith teaching tools/scrolls. What are they holocrons you'd avoid entirely, and why would you not make them apart of your teachings or academy? Would you recover Jedi or Sith ones to teach your students in an effort to broaden their understanding of their enemy?

ILS
Bane's is pretty useless

ares834
Nihilus's.

WildBantha88
Obi-wan Kenobi's

Trocity
If I was creating a Sith order, I'd seek out Darth Krayt's holocron since it details how he became Emperor and he was the leader of an enormous Order and made it work quite well. The Telos holocron would also be great to have.

I'd avoid Darth Angral's holocron because he sucks.

Q99
A lot of the Jedi ones don't seem too useful.

Quinlan Vos made one, for example, but it was too early in his career IMO. After he'd been through the dark and come out the other side, I'm sure he'd have lots of advice on the nature of the sides, but that was around when 66 hit and he went into hiding.

Who wants a holocron of Quinlan Vos's advice when he was tettering on the brink?

Hm, Arca Jeth's one of someone who has good force knowledge, but I don't like his philosophies or teaching style. He was snobbish about lightsabers and too proud of his force abilities.

Originally posted by ares834
Nihilus's.

Hah, yes, he speaks in that weird language *and* doesn't say much in it smile

When Krayt was talking to three holocrons, it was-

Bane: I only give knowledge to sith who follow my ways!

Andeddu: I'm secretly biding my time to get my body back!

Nihilus: *Random noises*

Darth Andeddu's has the problem that it tries to kill you or trick you into bringing it to his body so he can revive himself. Good knowledge but I'm not sure it's worth the effort, you know?

For another sith one, Darth Vectivus's. Aside from one useful force trick (the force phantoms), it's just him rambling on about business advice.

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
Quinlan Vos made one, for example, but it was too early in his career IMO. After he'd been through the dark and come out the other side, I'm sure he'd have lots of advice on the nature of the sides, but that was around when 66 hit and he went into hiding.

Who wants a holocron of Quinlan Vos's advice when he was tettering on the brink? Er, did you read the Order 66 arc? He updated his holocron after Order 66. He wasn't "teetering on the brink" at that point.

Q99
Oh, he was still working on it then? Then that helps.

Still not the greatest holocron, but good to hand to students with doubts.

The Merchant
The Tedryn or Great Holocron if I were a Jedi, seems to have the most information regarding the Jedi order's history and techniques. If it could have been a Holocron then all the information in the Jedi Library before Kun destroyed it.

If I were a Sith the Dark Holocron, I'm convinced that's how Palpatine managed to recover all the lost techniques that Gravid demolished for the Banite Sith or Adas's.

Wow I read the OP way wrong. I'd avoid Andeddu's cause I don't want to get soul raped.

Emperordmb
Andeddu's holocron has its uses if you have the ability to mindrape it or be patient with it.

Angelalex242
Best Lightside Holocrons, GM Luke and Yoda
Best Darkside Holocron, Sidious, without a doubt.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Best Lightside Holocrons, GM Luke and Yoda
Great Holocron tbh

Fated Xtasy
The Holocron of Asli Krisman is pretty useless. Although, it did contain info on the old Jedi order so yeah.

Sith wise, i'd say basically the holocron of Nihilus.

WildBantha88
The holocrons hidden around TOR that only searve to boost your stats a little bit are useless

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Great Holocron tbh

Tedryn Holocron is pretty great as well.

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Andeddu's holocron has its uses if you have the ability to mindrape it or be patient with it.

Just ask Set Harth...

NewGuy01
The ones Atris had, tbh.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The ones Atris had, tbh.

Tbf, they did kind of/sorta teach her FL. Basic stuff but still better than the Asli Krisman holocron

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Just ask Set Harth...
Yeah, he has one of the happiest endings of any Star Wars character tbh.

SunRazer
The Vectivus holocron at least tells you how to cast Force Phantoms, which is a great Force ability.

Now, the Nihilus one...

Revanchiste
The thing with Bane is that he is a guy who stay in the darkness, he destroy Revan holocron, he must leave no trace of him except his apprentice (so why in the Lost missions, HE HAVE A TOMB ON KORRIBAN???????? WHO BUILD TAT SHIT???? AND WHY THE JEDI ARCHEOLOGIST NEVER CHECKED THIS SHIT????? Anyway it doesn't make sens)

So yhea pretty useless...
Nihilus one... Blabla I'm a beast blabla sith language... My Q.I is low.....

he great Holocron. XD What?? Why this hlocron...? Because better build several one instead just one... Because I wonder f this Holocron have a browse function....

Revan one... O.K it may be a pretty piece that could transform a two years old bay into a perfect bad ass with only one percent of the knowledge inside...
But why revan have to use an ilium crystal mechanism that dammage the holocron at every use? Seriously Revan, no matter the benefit of that thing, if you cannot make it work perfectly.... I know you know the problem with the great jedi holocron that don't possess a browse system so making your holocron interactive could be interessting right? WRONG I MEAN I DON'T DESTROY THE INTERNET AT EACH TIME TAT I BROWSE STAR WARS?? RIght? guy? AM I right one this point? yess no?? And Why are you laughing !!!????

And by the way I think that Darth Rivan completly break the holocron, I mean Rivan was and hardcore fan of darth Revan, look his pseudo...It must have a reason behind this.... Anyway :
The holocron should have been activate a shit ton of time before that Bane found it... It must be Darth Rivan fault...

Revanchiste

red8
Jedi or Sith, Nihilus' holocron is the only one worth studying. All the others are complete garbage.

Revanchiste
Dark Holocron great Holocron? are kinda better.
And Darth revan holocron 100% intact OMG.

So nihilus one...

And I'm sure that people don't get the april fool like joke. about what I said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.