Groot VS Cap, Widow falcon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Genesis-Soldier
Cap, Widow and falcon are investigating rumors of a New Hydra Base and find Groot amongst unconsious Hydra Lackies. Groot thinks that the 3 are more enemies and engages

who takes this

setting: Hydra base in semi arid forest

Impediment
Groot stomps.

Genesis-Soldier
so Team cap has no chance?

wallman77
Yes. Should have added Hawkeye. Then at least id say team has a chance since he could just spam explosive/acidic arrow from a far till groot is pieces. Everyone on this team really only excels in h2h save falcon but I dont think bullets will be enough.

Genesis-Soldier
thats a good point. i know groot could make a shield to resist bullets but could cap maybe use some hyrda weaponry lying from a dead soldier or take off pieces with a shield chop

Robtard
Cap could likely chop off Groot's arms with his shield

Psychotron
The meme character wins.

Juk3n
If Caps shield can damage Groot, then team win, they can dance around him while Cap chips away.

FrothByte
Groot didn't seem to have any trouble regrowing limbs.

Robtard
His arms weren't instant, but it looked like less than a day.

FrothByte
I'll have to rewatch to be sure, but I think it started regrowing as soon as it was blown off. Just took a bit of time to complete but it couldn't have been more than a few minutes.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
I'll have to rewatch to be sure, but I think it started regrowing as soon as it was blown off. Just took a bit of time to complete but it couldn't have been more than a few minutes.

No idea, I have perfect memory recall.

They were cut off while on Xandar and didn't completely regrow until after they were captured, processed in the penal system and sent to the space-prison. Not instant, but appeared to be less than a day.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
No idea, I have perfect memory recall.

They were cut off while on Xandar and didn't completely regrow until after they were captured, processed in the penal system and sent to the space-prison. Not instant, but appeared to be less than a day.

Ah yes, you jogged a memory there. I remember Groot being processed and his arms were still regrowing.

Genesis-Soldier
so cap with his super soldier strength and indestructable shield has a good chance then

FrothByte
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
so cap with his super soldier strength and indestructable shield has a good chance then

If we're assuming that his shield can damage Groot. Remember that majority of the fighters in GoTG seemed to have enhanced strength as well.

Genesis-Soldier
why would we assume otherwise, unless groot is in fact of a diffrent carbon structure resistant to most damage cap should be able to damage him.

the droid/bots in the prison where shooting groot and taking pieces and chunks off the shiled from his left arm and groot just kept regrowing it. a shield thrust from cap mixed with some form/level of super soldier strength should do some damage atleast.

in civil war when cap was fighting the shield/hyrda agents in the elevator he showed two major level strength feats.
1. using brute force to take off the magnetic clamp
2. with little room to run he burst through a glass panel that didn't even crack from one of the agents being KO'ed from the impact against it (implying it was reinforced or atleast toughened and because this was a high level shield firm we can assume it was bulletproof)

FrothByte
why would we assume otherwise, unless groot is in fact of a diffrent carbon structure resistant to most damage cap should be able to damage him.

the droid/bots in the prison where shooting groot and taking pieces and chunks off the shiled from his left arm and groot just kept regrowing it. a shield thrust from cap mixed with some form/level of super soldier strength should do some damage atleast.

in civil war when cap was fighting the shield/hyrda agents in the elevator he showed two major level strength feats.
1. using brute force to take off the magnetic clamp
2. with little room to run he burst through a glass panel that didn't even crack from one of the agents being KO'ed from the impact against it (implying it was reinforced or atleast toughened and because this was a high level shield firm we can assume it was bulletproof)

Meh, Cap shield bashes other humans but it's not like he cuts them to pieces with every shield throw or hit. His punches don't go through human bodies the same way a bullet does. I mean, I know Cap is strong but are we really going to attribute him with the same penetrating capabilities of bullets?

Genesis-Soldier
i guess that could come under he whole 'Cap has Morals' Spheel but it is possible to "attribute him with the same penetrating capabilities of bullets"

FrothByte
i guess that could come under he whole 'Cap has Morals' Spheel but it is possible to "attribute him with the same penetrating capabilities of bullets"

Cap has no problems knifing his opponents in the back so the "morals" theory doesn't hold up that well. For you to attribute to him the same penetration capabilities of bullets you'd need to actually cite feats for it.

Genesis-Soldier
true,

is there a diffrence between bullet penetrating feats and sheer force through an object?

because as i said before, it can be assumed that the glass in the elevator at the S.H.I.E.L.D ground HQ was likely bullet proof and cap went right through it with little room to run.

this could be compared to penetration levels but i am not sure as i don't know the composite of the glass but it took a standard henchman KO shot to it and didn't crack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.