Clinton Avoids Media for a month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Clinton Dodged Media for almost a month, and then when she gets a few question.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-campaign-events-crazy/story?id=31171442

Omega Vision
Try not to look like you're scared of Hilldawg.

Robtard
Also, it was just 28 days, so it's the equivalent of February, the shortest month. Not even a whole month in a leap year, jeez.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Also, it was just 28 days, so it's the equivalent of February, the shortest month. Not even a whole month in a leap year, jeez.

Hurrr, but I did say "almost a month."

Robtard
Look at the title of your post, sporto. That's what I read.

Time Immemorial
Look at the title of your post, sporto. That's what I read.

Not my problem you didn't read OP.

Robtard
Yes it is.

Robtard
Still my favorite GoT spoof:

5Krz-dyD-UQ

Time Immemorial
Lol

Robtard
Shit, that was supposed to go in the GoT thread.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Try not to look like you're scared of Hilldawg.

thumb up

Newjak
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Clinton Dodged Media for almost a month, and then when she gets a few question.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-campaign-events-crazy/story?id=31171442 Seems like a non news story.

Robtard
Lol

Jokes aside and I've told you this before, imo, you should at least wait until Hillary secures the nomination before going full Clinton-Attack mode. Sure, if there's some actual juicy story (ie Clinton punched an infant, Clinton sold weapons to Iran etc), post it, but petty stuff like this no one cares about.

If she doesn't get it, you'll have spent a considerable amount of time hating on her and it will have been for nothing.

Surtur
Remember when it was big news when she had a god damn burrito?

Though let us face facts, Hilary has a shot of winning purely by virtue of being a woman. It is sad, but it is true. You know some people will vote for her not because of her policies or what she plans to do...but because she will be the first president with a vagina.

Especially since, people like to be a part of change. We just had our first black president, and now we can possibly have our first female president.

Newjak
Originally posted by Surtur

Though let us face facts, Hilary has a shot of winning purely by virtue of being a woman. It is sad, but it is true. You know some people will vote for her not because of her policies or what she plans to do...but because she will be the first president with a vagina.

Especially since, people like to be a part of change. We just had our first black president, and now we can possibly have our first female president. Yes there are some people that will vote for her just because she is a woman. That is sad just like it is sad that there will people who only vote for the Republican candidate because they are the Republican candidate.

Just as there will be people who will vote for Hilary only because she is the Democratic nominee.

Just as there are people who may only vote for a male candidate because they are male or because they are not female.

Surtur
Yep, I wish people would only take their policies into concern. Since having a female president would be great, but not merely just to have a female president, but because she is the best for the job.

Especially since I would think women who would put themselves in the place of Hilary..would NOT want votes based on the fact they aren't male. They'd want votes based on what they offer as a candidate, not the fact they lack a dick.

Of course the problem is we are giving things to vote on that can be confusing. Not the presidency, but every so often I go and vote and you have the option to choose certain judges that you want to vote for..I guess the vote is if you want them to continue being judges? Anyways, I have NO idea who these judges are or what their specific qualities are, and I'd bet you at least 90% of people don't know who these specific judges are and why they should or should not be voted for. So then you end up just randomly voting for judges or not voting at all.

I mean people who run for mayor or president tend to campaign and give speeches and tell you what they are about and you might see commercials for them, etc. but with judges, how the hell are you supposed to know who to vote for? I can't remember ever seeing an advertisement for a judge saying "vote for me". Not on tv, not around the city.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Newjak
Seems like a non news story. "We couldn't get any news stories out of her in interviews, so here's a story about how we couldn't get any news stories out of her... also she barely said anything when she finally answered something... but look at her not giving us any stories that month!"

Robtard

Especially since, people like to be a part of change. We just had our first black president, and now we can possibly have our first female president.

While I'm sure there are people who vote based on single-items, you're belittling her and ignoring that she's a huge political figure and some people gravitate towards her for her stances/beliefs/ethics, not what's between her legs and that if she wins, it will be on those merits and not her "vagina".

Surtur
While I'm sure there are people who vote based on single-items, you're belittling her and ignoring that she's a huge political figure and some people gravitate towards her for her stances/beliefs/ethics, not what's between her legs and that if she wins, it will be on those merits and not her "vagina".

I don't see it as belittling her. I never said all the votes she gets would be due to being female. But I can guarantee you some of them will be.

You are ignoring what a historic event this would be, and how people LOVE to be able to say they were a part of it. I know she is a huge political figure, that isn't in dispute. But that doesn't change the fact this is a historic election.

You've also admitted people do vote based on single item things. So I don't think it would be belittling her unless I said the only people who would consider voting for her would be people doing it because she is female. I know I said she has a better chance at winning due to being female, but that is because in addition to the people voting for her due to believing in what she stands for..you will also have that small chunk voting for her for all the wrong reasons.

Time Immemorial
Jokes aside and I've told you this before, imo, you should at least wait until Hillary secures the nomination before going full Clinton-Attack mode. Sure, if there's some actual juicy story (ie Clinton punched an infant, Clinton sold weapons to Iran etc), post it, but petty stuff like this no one cares about.

If she doesn't get it, you'll have spent a considerable amount of time hating on her and it will have been for nothing.

I really don't hate her...saying I hate her would be like saying the media hates her for posting the story. I'm just bringing the news up here so we can have something to talk about.

Robtard
I don't see it as belittling her. I never said all the votes she gets would be due to being female. But I can guarantee you some of them will be.

You are ignoring what a historic event this would be, and how people LOVE to be able to say they were a part of it. I know she is a huge political figure, that isn't in dispute. But that doesn't change the fact this is a historic election.

You've also admitted people do vote based on single item things. So I don't think it would be belittling her unless I said the only people who would consider voting for her would be people doing it because she is female. I know I said she has a better chance at winning due to being female, but that is because in addition to the people voting for her due to believing in what she stands for..you will also have that small chunk voting for her for all the wrong reasons.

It seemed like you were implying that and her "vagina" was what would net her the win, should she win.

If you weren't, then there's no contention. No worries.

Bardock42
Though let us face facts, Hilary has a shot of winning purely by virtue of being a woman. It is sad, but it is true. You know some people will vote for her not because of her policies or what she plans to do...but because she will be the first president with a vagina..

Yeah, you are right, looking through past American presidents, being a woman has always helped. It's a sad fact, but true, due to ingrained sexism we are bound to have the 45th female president in a row. If I was a boy today, I couldn't fathom to look at such a long line of strong, predominantly white women leading my country, it just really sends a message of how my gender is valued or not valued as it seems.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, you are right, looking through past American presidents, being a woman has always helped. It's a sad fact, but true, due to ingrained sexism we are bound to have the 45th female president in a row. If I was a boy today, I couldn't fathom to look at such a long line of strong, predominantly white women leading my country, it just really sends a message of how my gender is valued or not valued as it seems.

Sexiest.

Q99

Good advice, especially as there's definite 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome.

If people work themselves up into a froth over every little non-story, then when others see them froth later on, they'll naturally assume it's yet another non-story.

Plus she's, y'know, a well-established politician with a long track record and views that are reasonably popular.

Republicans shoot themselves in the foot by saying 'Hilary's just being supported because she's a woman/Obama because he's black.' What it's really saying is 'I the speaker am discounting the rest of what this politician does and would rather blame it on this one superficial aspect that I'm choosing to focus on.' It's surprising how many people honestly argue that and don't realize just how bad it makes the speaker and the people who cheer along look, not the person they're attacking.

Sarah Palin would've been a historical first as female vice-president, but her ticket still did very poorly among voters, including women. Why? Because she was horrible at being a politician, many of her views were off-the-wall or flat-out ignorant.

The 'first' factor only counts for so much, and someone who acts like it's all-encompassing says more about themselves than anything else.

Time Immemorial
Nah,

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/why-no-democrat-wants-to-run-against-hillary-fear-of-retaliation/378914/

Time Immemorial
Clinton Foundation hit with racketeering lawsuit

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-foundation-hit-with-racketeering-lawsuit/article/2565069

Q99
Nah,

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/why-no-democrat-wants-to-run-against-hillary-fear-of-retaliation/378914/

Retaliation? How about the fact she's a former senator/secretary of state with high approval ratings, and she does have people running against her who aren't getting backlash for it? Note how the candidates who declined to run ... are ones who like her. Ooh, mysterious, why would someone decline to run against someone who agrees with a lot of their views and is well poised to win when the opposition is generally viewed as incredibly horrible for the country in comparison?

Have you considered that you may be very gullible?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99
Retaliation? How about the fact she's a former senator/secretary of state with high approval ratings, and she does have people running against her who aren't getting backlash for it? Note how the candidates who declined to run ... are ones who like her. Ooh, mysterious, why would someone decline to run against someone who agrees with a lot of their views and is well poised to win when the opposition is generally viewed as incredibly horrible for the country in comparison?

Have you considered that you may be very gullible?

No you are for voting for her in the 2016 election.

Sorry you cant hide the racketeering charges cause you like her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.