Dooku vs Darth Wyyrlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
Round 1 Sabers

Round 2. Force

Round three all out.

Whoever loses Round three gets a reborn Darth Krayt.

All in their primes.

Trocity
Dooku takes all 3, though a Force only fight between them would be cool.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Trocity
Dooku takes all 3, though a Force only fight between them would be cool.

I agree. How do you feel a Darth Krayt vs Dooku would turn out.

NewGuy01
Which Wyyrlok?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Which Wyyrlok?

The 3 the most powerful one, the one who betrayed Darth Krayt.

Trocity
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I agree. How do you feel a Darth Krayt vs Dooku would turn out.

Darth Krayt would win

SunRazer
Dooku every time in sabers. Not even the slightest argument could be made for Wyyrlok.

Force - Probably Wyyrlok.

All-out goes to Dooku, probably.

carthage
Inb4 Intrepid says Dooku stomps

Q99
I think Wyyrlock takes force, and all-out is a good fight.

Lord Stark
Dooku in all 3. Good fight in the force though.

ares834
Wyyrlok takes force. Dooku takes the rest.

ILS
Dooku's telekinetic skill is beyond Wyyrlok's, but I feel Wyyrlok has enough power to hold his own in that regard and avoid being thrown around. On the other hand, Wyyrlok's mental abilities and lightning are beyond Dooku's, and I question the Count's ability to defend from those.

Dooku takes sabers, Wyyrlok Force, and all out can go either way depending on whether or not Dooku can close the gap, or if Wyyrlok can defeat him with Memory Walk and/or Lightning.

EmperorSidious2
I'd say in the force category, Dooku could win but I'm not sure.

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku's telekinetic skill is beyond Wyyrlok's, but I feel Wyyrlok has enough power to hold his own in that regard and avoid being thrown around. On the other hand, Wyyrlok's mental abilities and lightning are beyond Dooku's, and I question the Count's ability to defend from those.

Dooku takes sabers, Wyyrlok Force, and all out can go either way depending on whether or not Dooku can close the gap, or if Wyyrlok can defeat him with Memory Walk and/or Lightning.

Wyyrlok's Lightning isn't really superior to Tyranus's by a margin such that he couldn't repel them with Deflection. He hasn't really shown much of a resistance to Illusions, though, but he is fairly calm and not as emotional as some other Sith.

All-out probably goes to Dooku on the account of his considerably superior skill. Wyyrlok has to play his Memory Walk to win, and I don't know if that's happening every time. Otherwise, he just loses, IMO.

ILS
Dooku can likely repel Wyyrlok initially but not indefinitely - Wyyrlok's is better than both Dooku's lightning and anything Dooku's barrier has handled.

Wyyrlok was able to hold off Krayt in sabers and pull Memory Walk off - should be enough to suggest he can do the same with Dooku, except he'd more than likely succeed in breaking Dooku's mind enough to gain the win.

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku can likely repel Wyyrlok initially but not indefinitely - Wyyrlok's is better than both Dooku's lightning and anything Dooku's barrier has handled.

Wyyrlok was able to hold off Krayt in sabers and pull Memory Walk off - should be enough to suggest he can do the same with Dooku, except he'd more than likely succeed in breaking Dooku's mind enough to gain the win.

Dooku is more skilled than Krayt, though, and his form/weapon will be additional edges to him - slight, but they're still there.

And why would he not Deflect Wyyrlok's Lightning indefinitely? By the way, Dooku hasn't shown Barrier.

ILS
Slightly, and yeah, those edges are very slight because they factor into all of his feats anyway.

Because there's no evidence to support he could? Wyyrlok's lightning when split in half crumbled two stone pillars. Semantics. And I'm sure pretty much everyone has barrier anyway.

SunRazer
1. Not really. Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ventress, Grievous etc. were all versed against those weapons as a result of experience.

2. Dooku's Lightning challenged Yoda and incapacitated a myriad of Jedi - there's not much difference in power level, in my opinion.

Probably, but Tyranus doesn't really use it.

ILS
1. It's a pretty minimal point - aside from either the AotC novel/Junior novel in his fight against Anakin/Kenobi, Dooku's curved hilt/Makashi has never been an outstanding factor in duels. And I believe in that source it's barely a factor as it is. Wyyrlok won't take any special issue with Dooku's fighting style.

2. Sure, lightning is a challenge for just about any Jedi to deflect if it's actually worth it's salt, because lightning is inherently difficult to repel - when Dooku's lightning was deflected at the ceiling it didn't damage the stone. Unless there's another comparison to be made Wyyrlok's should be more powerful. Dooku knocking Jedi out is incomparable to Wyyrlok killing over 6 Andeddu cultists with "an iota" of his lightning's power.

SunRazer
1. Really? Because sources have stated that the archaism of Makashi makes most Jedi less prepared to deal with it, and curved-hilts have been a factor in fights before, such as in Darth Bane: Rule of Two.

2. Revan absorbed a Lightning Storm pretty casually on Dromund Kaas, and Yoda's more powerful. It's pretty clear the act of actually absorbing the Lightning wasn't overwhelming, but the potency of it contributed to its difficulty in being absorbed.

That could be hyperbole, to be honest, but setting that aside, what makes the cultists so great?

ILS
1. Wyyrlok isn't "most Jedi" - he's the guy who held off a bloodlusted Reborn Krayt.

2. That's just you playing connect the dots, Nova. Revan easily deflecting Nyriss' lightning wasn't even a working concept when Dooku first fired lightning at Yoda, so I think it's pretty illogical to start applying power scaling where it doesn't necessarily apply. That said, I can just as easily argue that Revan just has better Tutaminis than Yoda as of AotC - Yoda doesn't have to be the best in every area. Not to mention going by your logic Dooku's lightning is more powerful than a nexus-amped Nyriss', which is ludicrous. It's just a case of the movies being underwhelming compared to the EU.

..what makes the people Dooku knocked out with lightning so great? To answer your question; their Force sensitivity, their numbers, and the fact Wyyrlok killed them without even going all out.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku's telekinetic skill is beyond Wyyrlok's,

I dunno, if we take the fact that Krayt wasn't shoving him around like he did Cade into account, then a reasonable case could be made for Wyyrlok having comparable telekinetic skills, especially if he's supposed to be a ways ahead of Saarai.

Poor Dooku, no one respects his FL lol.

SunRazer
1. So what? Obi-Wan wasn't prepared for it either, that I recall. And neither was Raskta in RoT.

2. True, but I find it equally illogical for Yoda's Tutaminis to suddenly jump from being so far behind Revan's to so far in front by RotS - a mere three years in which he really didn't show much Tutaminis.

3. It's not much better than Dooku's Lightning killing the Zabraks.

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I dunno, if we take the fact that Krayt wasn't shoving him around like he did Cade into account, then a reasonable case could be made for Wyyrlok having comparable telekinetic skills, especially if he's supposed to be a ways ahead of Saarai.

Poor Dooku, no one respects his FL lol. Having a strong Force shield isn't necessarily the same as having strong telekinetic abilities to my knowledge - one deals with skill in telekinesis, the other with your actual Force power being channelled into a shield. The point about Saarai is something I overlooked though, sounds like a fair case to me.

I respect his lightning just fine, it's just below Wyyrlok's.
Originally posted by SunRazer
1. So what? Obi-Wan wasn't prepared for it either, that I recall. And neither was Raskta in RoT.

2. True, but I find it equally illogical for Yoda's Tutaminis to suddenly jump from being so far behind Revan's to so far in front by RotS - a mere three years in which he really didn't show much Tutaminis.

3. It's not much better than Dooku's Lightning killing the Zabraks. 1. Nobody is prepared for something they've never encountered. You're just missing the point - Dooku's curved hilt isn't going to let him outduel Wyyrlok before he gets Memory Walk off. I'd of thought that wouldn't take several posts to get across.

2. It only becomes illogical because Yoda's power in the EU evolved from what we saw of him on-screen. He shouldn't have a great deal of difficulty with Dooku's lightning if he can hold Sidious'.

3. Except Wyyrlok wasn't going all out, and his feat of smashing the two pillars is still beyond Dooku.

EmperorSidious2
How do you resist force illusions, like how did Krayt ward off Wyyrlocks illusions.

Also in terms of the force both have great feats, but Dooku is more powerful than Wyyrlock IMO. Dooku was able to incapacitate anakin Skywlaker without going all out. He was able to disable ventress without much effort. He was able to disable Sora Bulq who's species is noted for their physical toughness. So Dooku has some pretty powerful lightning. From what I know Wyyrlocks lightning can match Krayts but is slightly below him. In telekinesis Dooku surpasses Wyyrlock but not by a huge margin as he can do many things without effort such as lift hundreds of pillars without effort, coolapse medium sized chunks of rocks with no effort, force push anakin and obi wan and ventress, break through many force shields of opposing force weilders, and basically be the equal of windu.

ILS
Mental willpower/"Force resistance" (the latter being the term for the power used to resist negative dark side effects on the mind).

None of those feats are as good as killing 6 Force sensitives at less than optimal capacity and shattering stone pillars... going to stop repeating myself very soon. And I agree Dooku is the better telekinetic. As I said before though - if Krayt isn't pushing a telekinetic edge over Wyyrlok, Dooku sure as sh*t isn't.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by ILS
Mental willpower/"Force resistance" (the latter being the term for the power used to resist negative dark side effects on the mind).

None of those feats are as good as killing 6 Force sensitives at less than optimal capacity and shattering stone pillars... going to stop repeating myself very soon. And I agree Dooku is the better telekinetic. As I said before though - if Krayt isn't pushing a telekinetic edge over Wyyrlok, Dooku sure as sh*t isn't.

I believe it's stated that Krayts power in the force is second to his master dark Krayt. However it being a stalemate I'm not sure anymore. However I do still consider dookus lightning to be the superior of the two. It does show incapacitation, however not on the scale of as many opponents as Krayt. However just because someone else didn't doesn't mean they can't unless they were placed in a situation where they could but didn't. Dooku has successfully taken out 5-10 clone troopers with his own force lightning. Not force sensitives but still.

ILS
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I believe it's stated that Krayts power in the force is second to his master dark Krayt. However it being a stalemate I'm not sure anymore.

I guess you're referring to Krayt and Wyyrlok and.. not Krayt vs Krayt? If so.. yes, Krayt is stronger in the Force than Wyyrlok, I accounted for that in my post.

I wholeheartedly agree with the underlined sentence - which is why I made the comparison between the effects of their lightning hitting stone. That said it's likely not the most fair comparison since Dooku's feat originated within the movies, which I've already argued to be underwhelming as a source for Force wielders. Still - in general, Wyyrlok's feats with lightning are just better. There's no evidence for Dooku's being better or even equal. It's fair to say Dooku's pretty close, but after enough time spent fighting Dooku's going to come out on the losing end in a lightning battle.

When did Dooku take out clones, by the way?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by ILS
I guess you're referring to Krayt and Wyyrlok and.. not Krayt vs Krayt? If so.. yes, Krayt is stronger in the Force than Wyyrlok, I accounted for that in my post.

I wholeheartedly agree with the underlined sentence - which is why I made the comparison between the effects of their lightning hitting stone. That said it's likely not the most fair comparison since Dooku's feat originated within the movies, which I've already argued to be underwhelming as a source for Force wielders. Still - in general, Wyyrlok's feats with lightning are just better. There's no evidence for Dooku's being better or even equal. It's fair to say Dooku's pretty close, but after enough time spent fighting Dooku's going to come out on the losing end in a lightning battle.

When did Dooku take out clones, by the way?

This is highly speculation but is it to far fetched to say once the lightning goes through Yodas tutaminis it lost some of its strength however still had the capability to make a burn mark. Highly specualtion and does sound foolish but just though I'd ask. As per the movies they like you said make dookus force powers as far as lightning goes, it drastically deminishes, as it's only showed twice in the same movie. However I can agree that they are rather close, but I stick with dooku as he does have powerful showings and aren't I
His force powers per his time period second to only yoda and Sidious while he windu and anakin are on the next level down.

https://youtu.be/vxpWB6pEAXc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.