Lasso vs Hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Could the lasso stop Thor's hammer from returning? Could the hammer snap the lasso? Whick is more durable

riv6672
No, the lasso's not stopping the hammer returning. Is WW holding the lasso? She gets dragged along.
Is it tied to something, then wrapped around the hammer? How extreme we getting?
Chances are whatever anchor's used is going to snap off.
An adamantium eyelet on an adamantium planet!
Yeah i'd say the lasso snaps then.

Cue naysayers...

golem370
I was thinking Juggernaut on one end Harald Jaekelsson holding the other and Thor hitting with all his strength

riv6672
Yeah, you might have wanted to point that out in the OP.
Its not a scenario that immediately springs to mind with what you wrote up there...stick out tongue

riv6672
The answer is no BTW. Hitting an elastic rope with a hammer isnt going to cut it.
And yes i know the lasso is links/from the golden girdle of Gaea, but its essentially an elastic rope and Mjolnir is a blunt object.

Mindship
Originally posted by golem370
Could the lasso stop Thor's hammer from returning? Could the hammer snap the lasso? Whick is more durable I say, the lasso won't break; the hammer won't be stopped. Unique variation of Irresistible Force vs Immovable Object. The only solution which maintains both conditions is that the hammer and lasso phase apart.

I was thinking Juggernaut on one end Harald Jaekelsson holding the other and Thor hitting with all his strength What if Juggernaut himself was in motion walking against the hammer's return flight?

Actually, now I'm wondering: which force is stronger? The initial hammer throw to strike something, or when the hammer's coming back?

DarkSaint85
I reckon no, it can't snap it. It has been broken (pre-Flashpoint) in canon only under very specific plot driven circumstances.

riv6672
Sounds good.

golem370
Juggernaut never tried but he did get a ride from the hammer into Thor

DarkSaint85
Juggernaut never tried but he did get a ride from the hammer into Thor

Hawt.

leonidas
disturbing. no expression

but the hammer has already overcome juggs' power by canceling it out in the form of his force field. i doubt juggs would be able to stop it even if he were walking in the opposite direction.

and i would think the lasso could prevent the hammer's return were one end of it tied to an infinitely strong something or other. it's been broken less often than cap's shield and with even bigger plot devices....

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I reckon no, it can't snap it. It has been broken (pre-Flashpoint) in canon only under very specific plot driven circumstances.

Yes, the main time I can think of was when Diana denied the truth.

Stopping the hammer, while *very* hard, isn't quite that level.

riv6672
As a woman, wouldnt it be impossible for her to deny the truth? As anything a woman says IS the truth? angel

But yeah, i can think if way more times the hammer's been compromised than the lasso.
More dramatic to see a weapon broken than a rope snapped i suppose.

h1a8
Several times the hammer was stopped from returning. Thanos with a simple force field is the most recent. If the lasso is tied to something immovable then it clearly stops the hammer

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Several times the hammer was stopped from returning. Thanos with a simple force field is the most recent. If the lasso is tied to something immovable then it clearly stops the hammer Thanos didn't stop Thor's hammer from returning, he stopped it hitting him via TK.

It was Beta Ray Bills hammer he stopped returning via a forcefield.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos didn't stop Thor's hammer from returning, he stopped it hitting him via TK.

It was Beta Ray Bills hammer he stopped returning via a forcefield.
I know!
Stormbreaker has the same enchantment as Mjolnir.

psycho gundam
No it doesn't

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
No it doesn't did the comic state that stormbreaker don't have the same return enchantment as Mjolnir does?

riv6672
Did it state it did?
Serious, never seen it either way.

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
Did it state it did?
Serious, never seen it either way. I'm pretty sure the comic stated the it has the SAME enchantment as Mjolnir.
I mean wtf. People are acting like these hammers exist and can actually be measured to see if they have the same enchantment.
The truth lies in the mind of the writer. Clearly his intention was that they are equivalent. Otherwise, he would have made clear that they aren't in someway. In other words, they wouldnt have purposely deceived us to believe otherwise. Writer's are usually clear with their intentions.

riv6672
I gotcha. I tend to agree with you too.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
did the comic state that stormbreaker don't have the same return enchantment as Mjolnir does? so you haven't even read the comic, figures.

riv6672
You know, unless you've read every comic ever written thats a really childish remark on your part, considering posters here regularly provide each other with information on characters and comics every single day.

So i'm guessing...you've done a lot of reading.

Insane Titan
You know, unless you've read every comic ever written thats a really childish remark on your part, considering posters here regularly provide each other with information on characters and comics every single day.

So i'm guessing...you've done a lot of reading. As usual you jump in just wanting attention and not knowing anything.

He was wrong on the example he used which I corrected him on, plus SG also corrected him(which you ignored)

h1 uses a generalisation to try use compare Thor's hammer to stormbreaker with out actually using any knowledge of the subject.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
As usual you jump in just wanting attention and not knowing anything.

He was wrong on the example he used which I corrected him on, plus SG also corrected him(which you ignored)

h1 uses a generalisation to try use compare Thor's hammer to stormbreaker with out actually using any knowledge of the subject. I have read them yes. My question was rhetorical. I wasn't wrong. They are equals in enchantment. I equated stormbreaker with mjolnir as far as the enchantment is concerned. This is to show that a force field stopped it from returning. Loki Surfer also stopped Mjolnir with a force field.

Time Immemorial

So i'm guessing...you've done a lot of reading.

Irony.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.