Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Says Black Adam Would Crush Black Bolt!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Black Adam

Vs

Black Bolt

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson loves to tease his Furious 7 co-star and off-screen buddy Vin Diesel whenever he gets the opportunity and MTV UK is the latest outlet to give him that chance.

They asked The Rock if Black Adam, the super-villain that he'll play in the DC Cinematic Universe, would beat Black Bolt, an Inhumans role that Vin Diesel is rumored to be up for. The Rock is confident that Black Adam would "crush" Black Bolt!!

You with Rock on this? Or you with Vin on this?
Comic version of the characters in this fight.

riv6672
Oh, BA over BB 9/10, for sure.

Aldo, didnt know Vin was up for BB. Thats pretty cool!

Digi
It...would actually be a really good fight. In a comic, a lot would depend on circumstance, writer, plot, etc. But yeah, on average or taking their best, BA should win a majority in either. Though not by much.

Invisible Sanji
I'd say more than likely a first battle between these two would show BA being favored (due to better physical stats), but Bolt being able to hold his own until he uses the whisper-in-ear-trick. That probably would be enough to stun Adam for a final blow or enough to knock him out. If the two ever met again, Bolt would probably lose if not for another strange trick up his sleeve.

I can't wait to see both characters on the big screen. I trust Marvel will do quite well. Hoping DC will get their act together.

riv6672
Ueah, DC can ill afford to mess up BA.

Golgo13
Adam FTW.

BruceSkywalker
black bolt ftw,,, or marvel over dc ftw lmao

Blue Area Vet
BB, that is all.

cdtm
Originally posted by Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Black Adam

Vs

Black Bolt

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson loves to tease his Furious 7 co-star and off-screen buddy Vin Diesel whenever he gets the opportunity and MTV UK is the latest outlet to give him that chance.

They asked The Rock if Black Adam, the super-villain that he'll play in the DC Cinematic Universe, would beat Black Bolt, an Inhumans role that Vin Diesel is rumored to be up for. The Rock is confident that Black Adam would "crush" Black Bolt!!

You with Rock on this? Or you with Vin on this?
Comic version of the characters in this fight.

Black Adam wins, with ease.

Golgo13
Dwayne the Rock Adam wins. And probably crushes the actor who will play Black Bolt.

psycho gundam
Earn that cheque, Prep thumb up

Digi
It's mystifying, because he's either trolling himself into irrelevance; nobody takes his posts seriously as they pertain to DC. Or if he actually has an angle to promote DC (note: I don't subscribe to that idea at all), he's failing miserably.

Golgo13
Originally posted by psycho gundam

if you're nice, I just might buy you that pony you always wanted. thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by Digi
It's mystifying, because he's either trolling himself into irrelevance; nobody takes his posts seriously as they pertain to DC. Or if he actually has an angle to promote DC (note: I don't subscribe to that idea at all), he's failing miserably.

Everyone is a troll at heart. wink

Digi
Originally posted by Golgo13
Everyone is a troll at heart. wink

This is a meaningless post. All you've done is make it easier to avoid engaging you in comic debates.

srug

Golgo13
The wise Digi has spoken!

psycho gundam
It's mystifying, because he's either trolling himself into irrelevance; nobody takes his posts seriously as they pertain to DC. Or if he actually has an angle to promote DC (note: I don't subscribe to that idea at all), he's failing miserably. The marketing department shares the "Golgo13" account and some employees aren't as on the ball as others so try not to be too hard on those posts.

Golgo13
That's the spirit, Psycho!

Sin I AM

Golgo?

quanchi112
Earn that cheque, Prep thumb up laughing out loud

Kazenji

The Rock also said he doesn't know who the **** Blackbolt was.

krisblaze
Bolt imo.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Rock also said he doesn't know who the **** Blackbolt was.
Thats how far below BA BB is! eek!

Insane Titan
Could go either way

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672

sCft0qLkZVc

riv6672
laughing

Supermex
I doubt Rock knew who Black Adam was til he got offered the role..

leonidas
Originally posted by krisblaze
Bolt imo.

it would certainly be damn close at least... the adam love on this site is... weird to me. he's powerful, but bolt has taken on and done well against...pretty much everyone and the voice is certainly capable of ending this or at least turning things in his favor. adam MAY win a slight majority, but given the variety of powers at bolt's hands, this would be anything but easy for adam.

Mindship
BA > BB after a tough fight.

Vin as BB? Would've preferred he did Gorgon. Vin doesn't have enough of a chiseled chin for BB, imo.

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
it would certainly be damn close at least... the adam love on this site is... weird to me. he's powerful, but bolt has taken on and done well against...pretty much everyone and the voice is certainly capable of ending this or at least turning things in his favor. adam MAY win a slight majority, but given the variety of powers at bolt's hands, this would be anything but easy for adam.

Well, there's the speed factor.

That, and Superman being unable to push Adam out of the center of Metropolis. You could argue Superman holding back punches and hv, but he was clearly trying with all his might to manhandle him away from the city, and it was a stalemate.

BB has a lot of ways to put him down, but Adam should get initiative..

Hyperion Prime
Someone else hit the nail on the head. If they both just showed up and went at it I think BB wins because of his voice. If BA knows about BB voice ability I think BA wrecks him.

Quick question Who would do better against BB. Thor or BA?

carver9
Thor and BB already fought and Thor won.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9

Thanks man. I have not messed with comics in a while. Want to start back instead of collecting tons of Marvel legends and DC figs.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Thanks man. I have not messed with comics in a while. Want to start back instead of collecting tons of Marvel legends and DC figs. Comics have been shit no point wasting your tiime

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by iceman24567
Comics have been shit no point wasting your tiime

Yeah I was hoping they had gotten better. Most are just a bunch of splash pages you can read in two minutes. I mostly read Marvel. Heck I guess I am getting old. The stories and characters have changed to almost unrecognizable.

cdtm

Yep. While Supes failed to wreck Adam any time they fought pre and post crisis, so there's that.

riv6672
There is that...!

iceman24567
Originally posted by cdtm
Yep. While Supes failed to wreck Adam any time they fought pre and post crisis, so there's that. Yet Superman is still superior to Bladam by a fair margin

carver9
Lol...no he isn't.

cdtm
Maybe Nu52.. Definitely wasn't pre and post crisis.

iceman24567
Lol...no he isn't. Of course he is but you dont read or own comics so how would you know laughing

leonidas
the superman/adam issue gets far too much credence imo. superman has never HAD an extended, "i-have-to-put-adam-down" fight against adam. the times they HAVE met have been very brief and utterly meaningless. thor, iirc, also used weakness exploitation to take out bb who was easily holding his own until thor felt some 'electrical disturbance' or other due to bolt's antenna i think.... adam would NOT have that option, so the comparison is faulty on multiple fronts. i also don'think the speed issue would be nearly big enough to earn adam wins on its merit alone. bolt would whether the initial attack and then regroup and the fight would be on.

is adam strong, fast and durable enough to take bolt out? absolutely. easily? not even close imo though perhaps for a majority. i wonder how many people would take thor against bolt WITHOUT the hammer, because, that, essentially, is what adam is, except of course for the speed.

riv6672
I'd take Thor over BB without the hammer.
He's a Hulk level strong character that still has weather manip.

StiltmanFTW

laughing out loud

The best post in the thread.

cdtm
the superman/adam issue gets far too much credence imo. superman has never HAD an extended, "i-have-to-put-adam-down" fight against adam. the times they HAVE met have been very brief and utterly meaningless. thor, iirc, also used weakness exploitation to take out bb who was easily holding his own until thor felt some 'electrical disturbance' or other due to bolt's antenna i think.... adam would NOT have that option, so the comparison is faulty on multiple fronts. i also don'think the speed issue would be nearly big enough to earn adam wins on its merit alone. bolt would whether the initial attack and then regroup and the fight would be on.

is adam strong, fast and durable enough to take bolt out? absolutely. easily? not even close imo though perhaps for a majority. i wonder how many people would take thor against bolt WITHOUT the hammer, because, that, essentially, is what adam is, except of course for the speed.

It's the quality, not the quantity.

Superman thought Adam was rampaging in the middle of Metropolis, and he claimed he wasn't holding back like usual. And he still couldn't budge him from one small part of the city.

Or put another way, the fact Adam's never been jobbed out to Superman like almost everyone from Ultraman to Lobo to Darkseid at some point puts him in a pretty exclusive club. smile

Golgo13

Superman thought Adam was rampaging in the middle of Metropolis, and he claimed he wasn't holding back like usual. And he still couldn't budge him from one small part of the city.

Or put another way, the fact Adam's never been jobbed out to Superman like almost everyone from Ultraman to Lobo to Darkseid at some point puts him in a pretty exclusive club. smile

I'm surprised out of all these years, Adam has never been in a knock down dragout fight with him. The closest was Ultraman in Forever Evil. I'd say Adam would split with Superman.

leonidas

mah, still not buying the superman comparison though. a brief wrestling bout? not enough. with one shot herc blasted supes and bloodied his nose. doesn't mean i'm putting dc herc on supes level though... in a full on battle, supes would take adam out imo. be tough at times, but supes can hit levels he can't. least imo.

as for thor w/o hammer vs bolt--i'd def take boltagon for a good majority.

Blue Area Vet

What? The Rock prolly didn't know who BA was before he was approached for the role so joking or not, don't act like he's some sort of authority.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
What? The Rock prolly didn't know who BA was before he was approached for the role so joking or not, don't act like he's some sort of authority.

Rock's favorite characters are Black Adam and John Stewart.

Supermex

My favorite 2 if I was offered millions to play the Black Adam character..

Golgo13
My favorite 2 if I was offered millions to play the Black Adam character..

Rock has been in talks to play Adam for a long time. Finally it's happening.

Blue Area Vet
Well, there's the speed factor.

That, and Superman being unable to push Adam out of the center of Metropolis. You could argue Superman holding back punches and hv, but he was clearly trying with all his might to manhandle him away from the city, and it was a stalemate.

BB has a lot of ways to put him down, but Adam should get initiative..

Gladiator's superior speed failed to be a factor against BB.... twice. And by superior I mean superior to BA.

cdtm
Glads is the kind of jobber a Manjobber makes fun of to feel better about himself. stick out tongue

abhilegend

Just one issue ago fighting Namor h2h almost exhausted Bolt.

Adam would crush him in h2h.

Bentley
BA sucks, but he can take Blackbolt.

riv6672
Gladiator's superior...superior to BA.
laughing

DarkSaint85

Hot from the desk of DC's publicity desk.

Blue Area Vet
laughing

So, you have evidence that Black Adam is faster than Gladiator. Can't wait for you to present it.

riv6672
You didnt present evidence.
You made a statement.
I found it funny.
I laughinged at it.
Thats all the statement deserved, not me running around the internet looking for scans.
You have a skewed notion of equality.

Surtur
Assuming Black Adam has speed comparable to Supes..no, Blackbolt really doesn't "make a fight" out of this.

i wonder how many people would take thor against bolt WITHOUT the hammer, because, that, essentially, is what adam is, except of course for the speed.

This argument is so silly. SPEED is a huge factor in a fight. That is a big big difference between fighting Adam and fighting Thor. Blackbolt won't see Adam coming, at all. Nor will he be able to land a hit if BA uses his speed.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur
Assuming Black Adam has speed comparable to Supes..no, Blackbolt really doesn't "make a fight" out of this.

This argument is so silly. SPEED is a huge factor in a fight. That is a big big difference between fighting Adam and fighting Thor. Blackbolt won't see Adam coming, at all. Nor will he be able to land a hit if BA uses his speed.

laughing out loud

Black Bolt deals with speed just fine. Read more comics. Posts like this are utter gibberish and disproven by comics.

Blue Area Vet
You didnt present evidence.
You made a statement.
I found it funny.
I laughinged at it.
Thats all the statement deserved, not me running around the internet looking for scans.
You have a skewed notion of equality.

Wow, are you unfamiliar with the character Gladiator all together? Let me know if I can help.

Surtur
laughing out loud

Black Bolt deals with speed just fine. Read more comics. Posts like this are utter gibberish and disproven by comics.

So in other words "lets ignore speed because comics!" Gotcha.

riv6672
Wow, are you unfamiliar with the character Gladiator all together? Let me know if I can help.
No thanks, just keep making unsubstantiated statements and then overreacting/demanding proof when someone laughings at said statements.

Blue Area Vet
So in other words "lets ignore speed because comics!" Gotcha.

What? I'm telling you that Black Bolt has consistently delt with speed fine. It doesn't matter if you don't like it, depictions trump all.

Surtur
What? I'm telling you that Black Bolt has consistently delt with speed fine. It doesn't matter if you don't like it, depictions trump all.

Not every person who has super speed has the same level of speed. So now I have to ask you how fast you feel Blackbolt is. Bullet timer? Way above?

DarkSaint85
The Master Blow, his most powerful weapon....is useless against Thing level opponents....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/fkarn10.jpg

Blue Area Vet
No thanks, just keep making unsubstantiated statements and then overreacting/demanding proof when someone laughings at said statements.

Unsubstanitated? Don't act ignorant.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/73849/2821904-gladiator_sniper_bullet_time_slow.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3368575-wok01-020.jpg

He needed a plot device to handle Black Bolt. Bolt would annihilate Black Adam.

cdtm
Doomsday "dealt" with Supermans speed. Doesn't mean he's tagging Spidey in a forum.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The Master Blow, his most powerful weapon....is useless against Thing level opponents....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/fkarn10.jpg

LMAO, give me a ****ing break. He hasn't used that since. Find something modern, unless you want me breaking out picks of Superman leaping tall buildings.

DarkSaint85
Unsubstanitated? Don't act ignorant.

He needed a plot device to handle Black Bolt. Bolt would annihilate Black Adam.

Wow, Glads is a bullet timer, is he using his full speed in that fight?

I mean, you bring up Captain Boomerang in a Flash thread - does that not apply both ways as well?

Unless, of course, you are saying Glads = Black Bolt in speed, and Cap B = Flash in speed. In which case, I apologise.

Blue Area Vet
Doomsday "dealt" with Supermans speed. Doesn't mean he's tagging Spidey in a forum.

And BB will DEAL with Black Adam's speed just fine, which was my original point. Thanks.

DarkSaint85
LMAO, give me a ****ing break. He hasn't used that since. Find something modern, unless you want me breaking out picks of Superman leaping tall buildings.

Depictions trump all, don't they? Waaah.

If he hasn't used it since, then obv, my scan is the most recent one.

Blue Area Vet
Depictions trump all, don't they? Waaah.

If he hasn't used it since, then obv, my scan is the most recent one.

WTF does the scan have to do with speed? Stop wasting posts.

You are supposedly a veteran, yet you turn to bush league tactics quickly. Almost all characters including Hulk and Superman were depicted as weaker several decades ago. I am referencing modern clashes with Gladiator and you are showing me a fight with the thing from about 4 decades ago. Desperate.

cdtm
And BB will DEAL with Black Adam's speed just fine, which was my original point. Thanks.

? Doomsday isn't a super speedster, is my point.

Your argument hinges on the assumption that if Black Bolt fought Gladiator on an even level, it means he can react to super speed. But speedy heralds get tagged by non speedsters all the time. It's usually PIS.

Golden Guardian: Roy Harper,a street leveler, was outright outmanuvering Superman as if he was spidey, and Superman was Hulk. By your logic, Guardian should.be able to deal with super speed, by that showing.

DarkSaint85

Waaah. Depictions trump all, but if I don't like it, then I will ignore it waaaah. It's too old - but there's been no depictions more recent than that one, so I will ignore it waah.

Damn, and you could've used that post to have replied to mine addressing speed....oh well.

DarkSaint85

Your argument hinges on the assumption that if Black Bolt fought Gladiator on an even level, it means he can react to super speed. But speedy heralds get tagged by non speedsters all the time. It's usually PIS.

Golden Guardian: Roy Harper,a street leveler, was outright outmanuvering Superman as if he was spidey, and Superman was Hulk. By your logic, Guardian should.be able to deal with super speed, by that showing.

Deathstroke/Captain Boomerang have tagged the Flash.

Ergo, Deathstroke will react to Gladiator. Etc etc.

riv6672
Don't act ignorant.
Dont be conceited. laughing

Blue Area Vet

It has nothing to do with my logic. There is someone here claiming that BAs SPEED would be so overwhelming that BB wouldn't have a chance to compete. That has NOT happened in comics thus far.

Invisible Sanji
Probably, for the last 20 years there's been discussion of how speed kills in comic book vs threads. C'mon guys, let's be better than using childish defense mechanisms to make our point. Speed doesn't give an automatic victory as we have all seen in the comics. Neither should it be totally ignored. Can't we admit Black Bolt would have a very tough time against speed-blitzing (which Adam does use), but that doesn't mean he'd have his heart ripped out in a second? Let's be fair enough to give Black Bolt enough credit to at least fight back?

Black Bolt has fantastic modern showings and so has Black Adam. Both probably have a trump-card attack that the other cannot fully defend. Both have done well enough against the power-house characters in their respective universe. This shouldn't be a stomp either way.

DCnu Black Adam helped move the moon w/ Sinestro. Getting hit by that kind of power is nothing to sneeze at, but Black Bolt has withstood Gladiator (who also blitzes). Bolts whisper is devastating, but Post-Crisis Black Adam received a football sized tesseract in his brain and survived.

One of these characters should be given an edge. There's no clear-cut superiority here.

Blue Area Vet
Waaah. Depictions trump all, but if I don't like it, then I will ignore it waaaah. It's too old - but there's been no depictions more recent than that one, so I will ignore it waah.

Damn, and you could've used that post to have replied to mine addressing speed....oh well.

The reason you are acting childish is because you have no counter argument. You didn't prove he couldn't handle BAs speed so you try to switch the argument to lack of strength and break out decades old low showing. You are the one crying a river.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Invisible Sanji
Probably, for the last 20 years there's been discussion of how speed kills in comic book vs threads. C'mon guys, let's be better than using childish defense mechanisms to make our point. Speed doesn't give an automatic victory as we have all seen in the comics. Neither should it be totally ignored. Can't we admit Black Bolt would have a very tough time against speed-blitzing (which Adam does use), but that doesn't mean he'd have his heart ripped out in a second? Let's be fair enough to give Black Bolt enough credit to at least fight back?

Black Bolt has fantastic modern showings and so has Black Adam. Both probably have a trump-card attack that the other cannot fully defend. Both have done well enough against the power-house characters in their respective universe. This shouldn't be a stomp either way.

DCnu Black Adam helped move the moon w/ Sinestro. Getting hit by that kind of power is nothing to sneeze at, but Black Bolt has withstood Gladiator (who also blitzes). Bolts whisper is devastating, but Post-Crisis Black Adam received a football sized tesseract in his brain and survived.

One of these characters should be given an edge. There's no clear-cut superiority here.

Excellent post and breath of fresh air!! I've said for years, when heralds clash, a speed advantage is NOT the different in the outcome. Some posters ignore this fact in favor of their favored character or favored comic book universe and it's ****ing sad.

cdtm
It has nothing to do with my logic. There is someone here claiming that BAs SPEED would be so overwhelming that BB wouldn't have a chance to compete. That has NOT happened in comics thus far.

That's comics, though.

But if you're not a dedicated speedster, usually that doesn't happen in comics.

How many times has Gladiator blitzed anyone, ever? How many times has Captain Marvel or Black Adam done it?

DarkSaint85

You are supposedly a veteran, yet you turn to bush league tactics quickly. Almost all characters including Hulk and Superman were depicted as weaker several decades ago. I am referencing modern clashes with Gladiator and you are showing me a fight with the thing from about 4 decades ago. Desperate.

Well, put it this way.

In a Wonder Woman thread, someone posted that WW had more speed. Your response? Lol, she wasn't moving at lightspeed when Deathstroke pieced her up.

I am not arguing against this, btw. Yes, it did happen. Deathstroke tagged her. Despite her having other showings where she was moving much much faster. Comics happen.

Now, you show Gladiator having bullet timing reflexes, and casually snatching the bullet out of thin air. Then show his fight with Black Bolt, as proof that Bolt has the reflexes to deal with a speedster like Glads.

Should I turn around and say, lol, Glads wasn't moving at bullet timing speed when Bolt punched him in the face?

riv6672
Yes, yes you should.

carver9

I like this guy. He has been a great poster so far. Anyways, using Black Adam speed as a trump card with him consistently using it during this battle is like me saying BB would start off with a scream and keep it going during the entire fight. Both is wrong and goes against the character. Black Adam wins by the way.

Tony Stark
Teth would get the high majority 7/10 here, unless BB goes straight to the lungs, which is out of context for him.

Blue Area Vet
That's comics, though.

But if you're not a dedicated speedster, usually that doesn't happen in comics.

How many times has Gladiator blitzed anyone, ever? How many times has Captain Marvel or Black Adam done it?

Correct, so why would a poster then say that it was a no contest because BB "wouldn't see BA coming?"

Blue Area Vet
Well, put it this way.

In a Wonder Woman thread, someone posted that WW had more speed. Your response? Lol, she wasn't moving at lightspeed when Deathstroke pieced her up.

I am not arguing against this, btw. Yes, it did happen. Deathstroke tagged her. Despite her having other showings where she was moving much much faster. Comics happen.

Now, you show Gladiator having bullet timing reflexes, and casually snatching the bullet out of thin air. Then show his fight with Black Bolt, as proof that Bolt has the reflexes to deal with a speedster like Glads.

Should I turn around and say, lol, Glads wasn't moving at bullet timing speed when Bolt punched him in the face?

It doesn't matter if you turn in around, it all comes back to BB being able to deal with BA's speed like he has consistently dealt with Gladiator's speed. Likewise, Thor and has dealt with Gladiator and Hyperion's speed.

Blue Area Vet
I like this guy. He has been a great poster so far. Anyways, using Black Adam speed as a trump card with him consistently using it during this battle is like me saying BB would start off with a scream and keep it going during the entire fight. Both is wrong and goes against the character. Black Adam wins by the way.

Based on what? Do you think BA is a better combatant that Gladiator, a character who's every reason for living is to be a more formidable combatant? I agree with Leo, you guys overrated BA so much it's comical.

iceman24567
Black Adam for the majority

cdtm
Correct, so why would a poster then say that it was a no contest because BB "wouldn't see BA coming?"

Same reason Wally/Barry finshes the Rogues at the bell, which also never happens in comics.

Guys like Quan complain about CBR logic all the time, and how they boil a fight down to power sets, but I can't see the "full capacity" rule being anything but an appeal to power sets. Otherwise, someone could argue Captain Cold beats Barry like he does in the comics, where he never, ever gets blitzed right away.u

carver9
Based on what? Do you think BA is a better combatant that Gladiator, a character who's every reason for living is to be a more formidable combatant? I agree with Leo, you guys overrated BA so much it's comical.

Black Adam holds every advantage minis versatility. He would also go for the kill during the onset of the battle.

Blue Area Vet
Black Adam holds every advantage minis versatility. He would also go for the kill during the onset of the battle.

Versatility and an uber attack capable of injuring or killing BA, plus more skill.

But you didn't answer my question.

Supermex

I dont see BB holding back for kill either..

DarkSaint85

BB is kinda famous for holding back - unless he knows the person can take it, or he's desperate, of course (Vulcan, Thanos).

DarkSaint85
It doesn't matter if you turn in around, it all comes back to BB being able to deal with BA's speed like he has consistently dealt with Gladiator's speed. Likewise, Thor and has dealt with Gladiator and Hyperion's speed.

So your arguments only apply when it suits you. Gladiator has always used his full speed in all of his fights, and if he gets tagged, its only because his opponents also possess that level of speed.

But if it's a DC character - lol. Flash gets tagged by Cap. WW never shows her speed, because she gets tagged by Deathstroke.

Blue Area Vet

Lol, exactly.

Blue Area Vet
BB is kinda famous for holding back - unless he knows the person can take it, or he's desperate, of course (Vulcan, Thanos).

He uses his voice now more than ever. He spoke just to crash the huge doors to Kang's castle. He's definitely break it out on Adam so give me a break.

carver9
Versatility and an uber attack capable of injuring or killing BA, plus more skill.

But you didn't answer my question.

About Gladiator? They used the white noise to take his scream away and Gladiator one shot koed him right after that. Don't think that's a good showing to use for Bolt.

Blue Area Vet
So your arguments only apply when it suits you. Gladiator has always used his full speed in all of his fights, and if he gets tagged, its only because his opponents also possess that level of speed.

But if it's a DC character - lol. Flash gets tagged by Cap. WW never shows her speed, because she gets tagged by Deathstroke.

Bullshit. By you trying to project your own bias on me, you are confusing yourself. Marvel, D.C. it doesn't matter. Characters with super speed including even the flash doesn't use it the vast majority of the time. Besides that, you are in fact putting words in my mouth. You never heard me say Gladiator used super speed "all the time." In fact, I'm saying the opposite, Gladiator, just like Wonderwoman, just like BA does NOT use it all the time. Just quit.

Blue Area Vet
About Gladiator? They used the white noise to take his scream away and Gladiator one shot koed him right after that. Don't think that's a good showing to use for Bolt.

What??? It's not a good showing when a character is beaten by a ****ing plot device issued from a third party? Are you kidding me? Why would Gladiator even use those tactics if he didn't see the sense in doing it? Something tells me that if this was the Hulk being defeated with some sort of Gamma blocking blot device, you'd be singing a different tune. Of COURSE it was a good showing. Does Black Adam carry a white noise device in his cumberbund?

But no, that wasn't the question. The question was whether you thought BA was a better combatant than Gladiator, a super powerful foe that BB has had the better of.

DarkSaint85
Bullshit. By you trying to project your own bias on me, you are confusing yourself. Marvel, D.C. it doesn't matter. Characters with super speed including even the flash doesn't use it the vast majority of the time. Besides that, you are in fact putting words in my mouth. You never heard me say Gladiator used super speed "all the time." In fact, I'm saying the opposite, Gladiator, just like Wonderwoman, just like BA does NOT use it all the time. Just quit.

From the forum rules:

Good, excellent, I am glad you agree. Gladiator does NOT use super speed all the time - so why post the scan of him and Black Bolt fighting? Waste of a post, unless of course you can show that Gladiator was fighting at superspeed at the time. Otherwise, posting as you did (first showing how fast he was with a sniper bullet, then with the BB fight) is just misleading.

Gladiator wasn't fighting at superspeed when he was fighting Black Bolt.

Black Bolt has no superspeed reflexes.

Black Bolt gets crushed.

Blue Area Vet
From the forum rules:

Good, excellent, I am glad you agree. Gladiator does NOT use super speed all the time - so why post the scan of him and Black Bolt fighting? Waste of a post, unless of course you can show that Gladiator was fighting at superspeed at the time. Otherwise, posting as you did (first showing how fast he was with a sniper bullet, then with the BB fight) is just misleading.

Gladiator wasn't fighting at superspeed when he was fighting Black Bolt.

Black Bolt has no superspeed reflexes.

Black Bolt gets crushed.

LMAO!! So you are telling me that every time Gladiator has fought Black Bolt, he has NEVER used his speed to his advantage? So he simply wants to lose? You sound quite stupid if you are truly suggesting that Gladiator has not in several fights with Black Bolt used his super speed at all. Stop trying to twist things because you suck at it. The only chance you have is to muddy the waters and everyone can see that. ONCE AGAIN, I said said speed characters don't use it all the time, which is not the same as saying they never use it. Comic book artist don't spoon feed morons.

DarkSaint85
LMAO!! So you are telling me that every time Gladiator has fought Black Bolt, he has NEVER used his speed to his advantage? So he simply wants to lose? You sound quite stupid if you are truly suggesting that Gladiator has not in several fights with Black Bolt used his super speed at all. Stop trying to twist things because you suck at it. The only chance you have is to muddy the waters and everyone can see that. ONCE AGAIN, I said said speed characters don't use it all the time, which is not the same as saying they never use it. Comic book artist don't spoon feed morons.

Ok, I am a moron, to be sure.

Which fights with BB did Glads use his superspeed in?

carver9
What??? It's not a good showing when a character is beaten by a ****ing plot device issued from a third party? Are you kidding me? Why would Gladiator even use those tactics if he didn't see the sense in doing it? Something tells me that if this was the Hulk being defeated with some sort of Gamma blocking blot device, you'd be singing a different tune. Of COURSE it was a good showing. Does Black Adam carry a white noise device in his cumberbund?

But no, that wasn't the question. The question was whether you thought BA was a better combatant than Gladiator, a super powerful foe that BB has had the better of.

Gladiator fears his voice not his physical power. Once his voice was canceled, Gladiator had no worries.

Insane Titan
Glads had to call for help during a physical confrontation during War of Kings.

Blue Area Vet
Gladiator fears his voice not his physical power. Once his voice was canceled, Gladiator had no worries.

Um, what? When did we switch the debate to what powers of Black Bolt Gladiator feared? So typical.

First off, BB's quasi-scream wasn't simply negated, the white noise PLOT DEVICE attack caused BB pain, which Gladiator took advantage of. Look at the pictures, read the narrative and learn to tell the whole story. You see that guy grabbing his head in pain? That's Black Bolt.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11119/111198060/4382154-black+bolt+is+op+6.png

The facts are as follows:

- BB has proven to be a match for Gladiator, a character with super speed, over time.
- Gladiator PREPPED for BB.
- There was outside interference from a third party who...
- used a plot device method in the form of a "noise cancelling sonic" attack, which.....
- was a sneak attack. It gets no more plot devicey than a "noise cancelling sonic attack."

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Glads had to call for help during a physical confrontation during War of Kings.

Do these guys read comics or not?

Supermex

Blue Area Vet
That's a start, Mex, because people certainly act like they are unaware of his power set and his history.

iceman24567
Good job posting a wall of unnecessary text seeing how most people here already are aware of Black Bolts power thumb up

Surtur
I hope Gladiator isn't being mentioned as an example of any speed Blackbolt has.

This is quite silly. Nobody said speed always is a determining factor. But it is highly beneficial to be way way faster then your opponent. The way you get around your opponent being hilariously faster is by being fast enough to tank their attacks.

That does not apply to Blackbolt here. We give credit where credit is due, not to placate people who can't accept super speed is a useful thing or get upset because their favorite character would lose if their opponent actually used their damn brain.

People are notorious in comics for failing to use their speed or using it poorly, etc. When people use it competently and it fails..it fails for a damn good reason, like esoteric powers that negate any speed advantage or just being super durable. BB has zero powers to negate BA's speed advantage, and likewise lacks the durability to sit there and tank his attacks. The only way he could is if you legitimately think Black Adam would only get off like..2-3 punches before Black bolt is able to react.

Supermex
Good job posting a wall of unnecessary text seeing how most people here already are aware of Black Bolts power thumb up

Thanks ... I think smile

iceman24567
Thanks ... I think smile No prob now make me some super tamales

Supermex
No prob now make me some super tamales

lol sorry but we only make Super Tamales during the holidays.. Place your oder again around fall or winter time Icebag24567..

iceman24567
lol sorry but we only make Super Tamales during the holidays.. Place your oder again around fall or winter time Icebag24567.. Icebag hhmm thats a new one

carver9
I hope Gladiator isn't being mentioned as an example of any speed Blackbolt has.

This is quite silly. Nobody said speed always is a determining factor. But it is highly beneficial to be way way faster then your opponent. The way you get around your opponent being hilariously faster is by being fast enough to tank their attacks.

That does not apply to Blackbolt here. We give credit where credit is due, not to placate people who can't accept super speed is a useful thing or get upset because their favorite character would lose if their opponent actually used their damn brain.

People are notorious in comics for failing to use their speed or using it poorly, etc. When people use it competently and it fails..it fails for a damn good reason, like esoteric powers that negate any speed advantage or just being super durable. BB has zero powers to negate BA's speed advantage, and likewise lacks the durability to sit there and tank his attacks. The only way he could is if you legitimately think Black Adam would only get off like..2-3 punches before Black bolt is able to react.

Question, when it comes to speed, do you think Black Adam could take Odin out? He doesn't have any speed fts that matches Teth. Share your thoughts.

DarkSaint85
Question, when it comes to speed, do you think Black Adam could take Odin out? He doesn't have any speed fts that matches Teth. Share your thoughts.

When it comes to strength, do you think Batman can bench more than the Living Tribunal? He doesn't have any benching feats than matches Bruce.

"Id"
Black Bolt Shazams him to death.

Surtur

He can't take Odin out. He doesn't hit with anywhere near the force needed to harm Odin. So that kind of goes back to my whole "being super durable is one of the things that can negate a speed advantage". You know, the thing I said in the exact post you are quoting?

carver9
He can't take Odin out. He doesn't hit with anywhere near the force needed to harm Odin. So that kind of goes back to my whole "being super durable is one of the things that can negate a speed advantage". You know, the thing I said in the exact post you are quoting?

But if Adam is as fast as you are making him out to be, he has all the time in the world to kill Odin. Shouldn't he be able to take Odin weapon from him and do whatever he please against Odin without Odin being able to flinch a muscle?

Blue Area Vet

Um, yes they did.

Stoic

I can somewhat agree with you but, BB does have esoteric powers that could combat the speed advantage that Adam certainly brings to this fight. I believe that it could go either way, because on one hand BA could fly in and attempt to pummel BB senseless with his speed, while on the other BB could let loose his abilities which would certainly hurt BA. war of Kings showcases BB's ability to take hits from a guy comparable to BA in many ways which includes speed. Someone else may bring up the point that not all speedy characters use all of their speed. So on that note, what stops BA from suffering from the same? What stops BB from going postal and releasing his full power? Like i said, this one could go either way. there won't be any outright crushing going on here.

Surtur
But if Adam is as fast as you are making him out to be, he has all the time in the world to kill Odin. Shouldn't he be able to take Odin weapon from him and do whatever he please against Odin without Odin being able to flinch a muscle?

No, he lacks the power to do anything to Odin. Taking his weapon from him is irrelevant. Black Adam alone isn't enough, even with Odin's spear.

Originally posted by Stoic
I can somewhat agree with you but, BB does have esoteric powers that could combat the speed advantage that Adam certainly brings to this fight.

But what esoteric powers do you feel he has that negate a speed advantage?

If they are both going all out it means Adam is blitzing right off the bat. I don't know why he'd allow BB to speak.

Invisible Sanji

Yes, I agree that speed is an advantage.

Well, if the stipulation is that Black Adam would lead w/ a speed blitz w/ a ruthless kill move, then Blackbolt should lose. However, though I agree he does blitz at times, it's not usually the death-blow attack, and especially not when it's aimed at a near-peer. In my opinion, a first encounter between these two wouldn't be an automatically dead Blackbolt. If they ever met again, then Blackbolt could be in deep trouble.

A Wally West Flash has both the ultimate ammunition (infinite momentum attack) and willingness to use some variation of it (Mongul and White Martian). If a character of Thanos/Darkseid class ever attacked the Earth, then the smartest thing for Wally to do would be to hit him with this attack (and the scale wouldn't even be unprecedented since Wally has a showing against CoIE Antimonitor). Does this mean every Flash thread should result with him being heavily favored? His ability is basically infinite. Also, there's no character that can even come close to Wally's reaction time to even defend (well, maybe that Gog feat in Kingdom).

I'd say that's about right. I'm leaning towards Adam here, but being a fan of both characters, I would like to see a discussion that isn't limited to Bolt using shout vs Adam using blitz. Even if I favored a particular character, I'd consider it cheap to just rely on that one-trick pony as an argument-ender. We'd end up discussing silly things like is it possible that Bolt could mater-manipulate Adam and if Adam's magic could prevent that (not having any basis to claim either). I'll agree with speed being a big advantage for Adam, but not so much that this is a non-fight spite thread. Just my opinion, but at least giving the other character a chance seems more productive and respectful.

Invisible Sanji
Originally posted by Stoic
I can somewhat agree with you but, BB does have esoteric powers that could combat the speed advantage that Adam certainly brings to this fight. I believe that it could go either way, because on one hand BA could fly in and attempt to pummel BB senseless with his speed, while on the other BB could let loose his abilities which would certainly hurt BA. war of Kings showcases BB's ability to take hits from a guy comparable to BA in many ways which includes speed. Someone else may bring up the point that not all speedy characters use all of their speed. So on that note, what stops BA from suffering from the same? What stops BB from going postal and releasing his full power? Like i said, this one could go either way. there won't be any outright crushing going on here.

I so agree. And why would a fan of either character argue w/ a lead-off finishing-move. It's like you can't respect your own favorite to see if he/she could win in any other way. This will end up being a physics discussion between Adam's flight speed versus the speed of Bolt's scream (which may or may not clock in at the speed of sound or light).

quanchi112
People scripting the characters actions at max speed isn't dea ting or going off enacts in character. It's going off a few cherry picked feats and ignoring the majority of the characters typical behavior. I do not debate this way nor will I ever.

abhilegend
So, you have evidence that Black Adam is faster than Gladiator. Can't wait for you to present it.
You think adam needs to be faster than Gladiator to beat ****ing black bolt?

Get the **** out of here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
You think adam needs to be faster than Gladiator to beat ****ing black bolt?

Get the **** out of here. Did he say that ?

abhilegend
And FTR, quicksilver outran his voice quite easily and ran circles around BB.

Quicksilver must be faster than Gladiator.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
And FTR, quicksilver outran his voice quite easily and ran circles around BB.

Quicksilver must be faster than Gladiator. What's your point ?

riv6672
This is one reason among many he loses the match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.